Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles $35, Puzzle Quest $15 - Amazon

If I hadn't just ordered Super Swing Golf Season 2 a couple days ago (from Amazon, no less) I'd be picking up RE:UC, Ghost Squad, and Fire Pro Wrestling Returns. In a roundabout way, I suppose it saves me money.

I ordered Ghost Squad at $30 2 weeks ago, and e-mailed them a few hours ago asking for a $10 credit before they jacked the price back up to $30.

Will I still get the credit, or will I get an idiot Customer service rep telling me the price never dropped and "it has always been $30" ?

Anyone else had experience with getting a credit on these temporary price drops?

[quote name='chopper']I ordered Ghost Squad at $30 2 weeks ago, and e-mailed them a few hours ago asking for a $10 credit before they jacked the price back up to $30.

Will I still get the credit, or will I get an idiot Customer service rep telling me the price never dropped and "it has always been $30" ?

Anyone else had experience with getting a credit on these temporary price drops?[/quote]

I got credit on Tomb Raider Anniversary (Wii)'s price drop a couple weeks ago. I think that price drop only lasted a few days at the most, but they still gave me a $10 credit.

[quote name='chopper']I ordered Ghost Squad at $30 2 weeks ago, and e-mailed them a few hours ago asking for a $10 credit before they jacked the price back up to $30.

Anyone else had experience with getting a credit on these temporary price drops?[/QUOTE]
I emailed them this past week about a $10 credit on Time Crisis 4 and then the next day the price went back up. I still got the refund after that. Maybe next time call them and it should be instantaneous if you are worried they might give you hassle. But I didnt have any problems.

Anyone else had experience with getting a credit on these temporary price drops?[/QUOTE]

I always take a screenshot when I email, but apparently they can see a log of when the prices changed on the site and at what time it was what price and they compare that to the time when you email them, or so I was told one time by an Amazon CS Rep. Don't know if that's true or not.

YAY, I got my response from Amazon. They are honoring me the $10! I also paid for Ghost Squad with gift certificate..so..I take it I'll have $10 in my account in a few days?

Thank you for contacting Amazon.com.

The discounts we offer for items available on Amazon.com can vary from time to time. I've checked your order and found that we now offer a greater discount on "Ghost Squad" than at the time you placed your order.

Since your purchase was so recent, I've requested a refund of $10.00 to your credit card. This amount reflects the difference between the price you were charged for the item and the current discounted price. This refund should be processed in the next few days and will appear as a credit on your next billing statement.

You may view returns and refunds by clicking the "Your Account" link at the top of our web site, then clicking "Go!" next to "open and recently shipped orders." Completed refunds will appear at the bottom of an individual order's summary page.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com--we hope you'll visit us again soon.

[quote name='koster']Thanks OP. I picked up RE:UC (and a Wii Zapper), but decided to pass on GS for now.[/quote]

Heck I picked them all up including GS ! BUT got the zapper and GS yesterday at the sweet price. RE: UC was OOS until today ! Of course I promptly raced to add it to my cart so now I snagged 'em all.

Weird how they Go OOS and then back in and back out etc !:cool:

Xfactor4

Yep, they just e-mailed me about getting my $10 Ghost Squad credit too. :) Yay.

I was worried they wouldn't, though. Mine shipped 31 days before I e-mailed them yesterday - and the guarantee says 30 days. But I guess they aren't hard-asses about one measly day, thankfully!

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Yep, they just e-mailed me about getting my $10 Ghost Squad credit too. :) Yay.

I was worried they wouldn't, though. Mine shipped 31 days before I e-mailed them yesterday - and the guarantee says 30 days. But I guess they aren't hard-asses about one measly day, thankfully![/quote]

Well considering how good they are with the price gaurantees within a month and some months do have 31 days so if its 32 - 39 days then your into maybe territory and 40+ days then good luck I doubt your going to get a refund from them at that point.

I would of jumped on this deal if I did not pick RE: UC during the TRU B2G1F deal for Wii games. I picked up GS at BB for $20.
So these are great deals to be had.

bread's done
Back