Resistance 2 CAG Clan/Night - Get yo ass on! - Friday Nights @ 7PM PST/10PM EST

I took a break from the campaign last night to join the clan but I could not find an invitation. I am sure I am doing something wrong - I just do not know what.

Also, everyone has to change their individual Party Settings - set everything to either Open to Everyone or at least Open to Friends. Also change the setting that only the Party Leader can accept game invitations to Everyone in the Party. If these settings are not changed, when you invite someone to join your game, and they try to accept - they will get something like "You do not have permission to join this server/party".

I look forward to gaming with CAG although I will not be on until very late Saturday night. I had hoped to have the campaign finished by then - but Gears of War 2 is calling me.

[quote name='Zyzomys']I took a break from the campaign last night to join the clan but I could not find an invitation. I am sure I am doing something wrong - I just do not know what.
[/QUOTE]If you get a clan invation, you check community -> clan -> invitations. Don't look for the invite by pressing triangle and checking allies.

Oh yeah, there will be CAG R2 night tonight. However, it will be up to Shini to decide what we do tonight. I will certainly be there. :D It might not be completely organized this weekend since we are just getting started, but eventually everything will be perfect. :D

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Oh yeah, there will be CAG R2 night tonight. However, it will be up to Shini to decide what we do tonight. I will certainly be there. :D It might not be completely organized this weekend since we are just getting started, but eventually everything will be perfect. :D[/quote]

Sweet. Can't wait to tag along.

Hey guys, I'll try and get everything organized ASAP, I was just really busy yesterday so I couldn't do much. I'll try and post up the pictures I could take though when I was at Insomniac yesterday. I couldn't take enough because they wouldn't allow cameras in the facility plus I came late and missed the morning session :/

By the way, I warmed up to competitive mode yesterday when I was playing against the QA testers, Devs, and other peeps. Sixty-man firefights are hella fun, I'll definitely work that in there later on, but from my impressions, the majority prefer co-op right now; Competitive is definitely fun though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'm still working on it, but today will start at 9PM EST/6PM PST.

If you are not in the Clan yet and have not received an invite, please go to Community -> Clan -> Search Clans. Use CAG as the Clan Tag and you should find the clan, apply that way.

The invite system for this game is a bit different than the first one. In R1, you could send out invites to anyone as long as you knew their PSN ID, in this, you're limited to who's on in your party or on your friends list.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Ok, I'm still working on it, but today will start at 9PM EST/6PM PST.

If you are not in the Clan yet and have not received an invite, please go to Community -> Clan -> Search Clans. Use CAG as the Clan Tag and you should find the clan, apply that way.

The invite system for this game is a bit different than the first one. In R1, you could send out invites to anyone as long as you knew their PSN ID, in this, you're limited to who's on in your party or on your friends list.[/QUOTE]Not tonight, but in the future, be sure to put the time and day in the thread title. ;) People will know to show up without looking at the thread. ;)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Not tonight, but in the future, be sure to put the time and day in the thread title. ;) People will know to show up without looking at the thread. ;)[/quote]

Yea, I totally forgot about that. I kept going from the computer to the LSU/Alabama and Penn St./Iowa games :p

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Yea, I totally forgot about that. I kept going from the computer to the LSU/Alabama and Penn St./Iowa games :p[/QUOTE]I'm not in the mood for college football after seeing my college lose to Michigan State University today. :whistle2:(

Well, I didn't want it to be in the thread title this weekend since that might cause a little too many people to show up (where getting a game together could be harder). Once we get everything together (probably by next week), it will be all right.

Could I get a clan invite as well? PSN ID is Landshrk83.

edit: Nevermind, I figured out how to apply to join (thanks to TMK). Just waiting on Shini to approve. I should be able to make most Saturdays and intermittently on Wednesdays (depending on my shift at work). Through most of this year I'm working day shift, so I should be set.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry i missed tonight. i kept getting network connection errors as i tried signing up for the clan or even joing any online games.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm not in the mood for college football after seeing my college lose to Michigan State University today. :whistle2:(
[/quote]

:D

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, I didn't want it to be in the thread title this weekend since that might cause a little too many people to show up (where getting a game together could be harder). [/QUOTE]

i havent joined a lot of the cag specific games. so why? do you groupies or something? or your hosted games are really good?

Ill do the third group if needed @_@

On a positive note, i got the specter intel (Gold trophy) .. finally beat all the levels 12 times each in co op mode.

Good lord the harbor tower or w/e it is is a beast on the 12th run thru.

It sucks we had the problem at the end with DM, but it was really fun playing co-op with everyone 4 times in a row. :D Looking forward to playing again on Wednesday.

It's funny the turnout actually ended up to exactly one full 8-man group, with an occasional extra man popping in and out.

I hope we can get things settled by Wednesday, but most likely next Saturday we'll have everything organized and hopefully have a big turnout.

Get your camera's ready, because I'mma go spank a Titan ;)

I had a great time even though I got disconnected from the network during the last game, sob. If anyone from the clan sees me in game feel free to invite me, I am digging this game!

It was fun getting back into co-op for the first time since the beta. I'm going to ty to make it on Wednesday... depends on what time I get out of class.

I will check for an invite tonight. I was busy playing Gears over the weekend.
I will also try to join the group this wednesday night.
Do we play co-op campaign or death/team deathmatch games etc . . .

jdioutkast, Darknyss, wotcher, and I played several rounds of Co-Op tonight after about 30 minutes of frustration getting everyone in a group and then trying to actually start a game.

But once we got rolling, it was hella fun -- we actually managed to make it quite far with only 3-4 people. Great time guys, let's definitely do it again on Wednesday!

it was fun, especially rocking a shotgun as a medic. im concerned that these levels will get boring after a while. i wonder if insomaic will add map packs.

[quote name='enufs8d']it was fun, especially rocking a shotgun as a medic. im concerned that these levels will get boring after a while. i wonder if insomaic will add map packs.[/quote]

The levels rotate everytime you beat one, you start in different areas and fight different enemies.. after a few wins you fight rank 3 star elites.. they are fun.. @_@

Ill be on @_@ APparently i need to rank up to level 31 for lieutenant and im only 25.

Im looking for a competitive team if anyones interested.. id really like to get a good team deathmatch team.

question, is the game as graphically toned down in onlineco-op as it is splitscreen?
id turn it on and check it out myself but i want to know now and i wont be home until tomorow night.

i am up for co-op on Wednesdays and Saturdays

psn id heartsovereasy (yes i know its an odd name)

I can see, but I might be a tad late because my dinner turned out to be ready later than anticipated. :whistle2:( To let everyone know, I SHOULD be able to start something at 8:15pm EST. I will invite people to the party from the clan OR my buddy list.

Dammit, I have a podcast tonight. I think I may pull double-duty and hop in with you guys, though.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm going to get on now and start inviting. People who see me on can jump into my party.[/quote]

Got to play a few games with CAGs but the widespread lack of microphones is a little rough. I should be back on later, but have to take care of a few things first.

Is there a particular game name I should be looking for, as I don't see anything with CAG in the title? Co-op or MP? I'm confused. :whistle2:(

Edit: Finally found one in co-op, but it's full. This was so much easier in Warhawk, as I would be able to find a friend in a game and join that game from there.

bread's done
Back