Resistance 2 CAG Clan/Night - Get yo ass on! - Friday Nights @ 7PM PST/10PM EST

[quote name='Randy McT']Im in for tonight. Not sure if I need an invite, Im a cag member.[/QUOTE]You are in the clan, so you can receive invite.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']I might actually be there tonight (1st time!) but it depends if my friend calls me back.[/QUOTE]If you or others want to be there, I do have to warn people that it's a first come, first serve basis for the 8 player party. Previously I had Synical, Shini, or Darknyss splitting up the party, but at the moment it's just me. Maybe there needs to be clones of Mana Knight's around. :p

[quote name='neverletthem']I'll probably be there, but I am going to be late (helping a friend with something).[/QUOTE]That's probably a better idea, since I have the feeling we might be flooded with people. I'm going to try to host until midnight, so hopefully we can get many in. After midnight, the party will be handed off.

Sorry Filler, by the time you got on, we were pretty much finished and the party filled up (since I allowed it to be non-private during a co-op match). I was pretty tired since I played R2 online for over 2 1/2 hours.

Thanks everyone for showing up. A lot of fun. :D

Those who showed up, thanks:
-happy
-jdioutkast
-miyamotofreak
-Qig
-Randy McT
-Thomaticus
-wtfisthisfob
-Yoh

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Sorry Filler, by the time you got on, we were pretty much finished and the party filled up (since I allowed it to be non-private during a co-op match). I was pretty tired since I played R2 online for over 2 1/2 hours.

Thanks everyone for showing up. A lot of fun. :D

Those who showed up, thanks:
-happy
-jdioutkast
-miyamotofreak
-Qig
-Randy McT
-Thomaticus
-wtfisthisfob
-Yoh[/quote]

I really enjoy R2 co-op mode (lord knows when I'll actually do the story/competitive). I dabbled in the beta, but Wednesday and Saturday were my first two real forays into it. I think the medic class truly is the backbone of the team and you can only play as good as the medic does. After I switched I realized how cool it is as a soldier to go forward with guns blazings and have no fear of dying with a good medic backing you up :D I even got 1st or 2nd a few times by doing medic.

Soldier is fun too, but I couldn't get into Spec Op at all. It can't be that bad, I just didn't figure anything out on the fly and the initial gun sucks. I'll probably work on leveling up all of the classes in the end though.. I'll be trying to make CAG R2 nights as much as possible.

Also, the voice chat is a double edged sword for me. I know it's like pulling teeth to get me to be very chatty most of the time, but if I turned it off it would take away the point of playing with other CAG members if we weren't communicating. With R2 though (and other people must feel the same), I'd like to have the volume at a moderate level so I can hear whether there are firefights to the side or behind me at all instinctively without having to check the radar.

Last night was fun. I actually turn up the speaking volume and turn down other sounds for cag nights so I can hear people.

Sometime we should have a night of holar tower levels. I think part of the challenge is that people just aren't used to it and don't know where to go, or what to expect. I've only made it to fighting the big dinosaur thing once which didn't last long because I had no idea what it was (I had not played single player yet).

[quote name='QiG']Soldier is fun too, but I couldn't get into Spec Op at all. It can't be that bad, I just didn't figure anything out on the fly and the initial gun sucks. I'll probably work on leveling up all of the classes in the end though.. I'll be trying to make CAG R2 nights as much as possible.[/QUOTE]The Spec Op is a bit more challenging, but still very important to R2 co-op. You mostly play it as continuously feed ammo to everyone in your party and snipe enemies from a distance (since when you aim, you are somewhat sniping). IMO, it starts off with the best secondary weapon too, the bullseye (and you have to alternate between the two weapons more). But the Spec Op kind of lacks a grenade to throw.

What I keep trying to tell everyone is, when playing R2 co-op, you need to have ALL three classes to beat missions. You also need at least six (two of each class) and good communication to be successful. Whenever I jump into a game with no voicechat and unbalanced classes (like 5 medics and two soldiers), I know for a fact they'll never pass the mission (and normally they don't).

That was pretty fun last night. :) I still need to figure out the aiming for the ammo packs since I seem to hit the wrong people at times. Like when I throw the ammo pack at the soldier's shield and it just bounces off. Or when I try to throw through one person (person A) to reach someone further ahead (person B), and person A ends up getting the ammo pack instead. :D

[quote name='aznguyen316']do you guys usually play coop on these nights? if so I might have to join in on one.[/QUOTE]Yes, we always play Co-Op on Saturday/Wednesday. And since I love playing R2 Co-op so much, I play on other times too.

Also to let everyone know, due to R2 night attendance increasing and having a hard time find a 2nd host, I think I have an idea what I'll do. For a Saturday night game, I will split the game up in two. I will have a game during the afternoon, and a game during the evening. I'm thinking Saturday at 4pm EST and 10pm EST. I'll host at both times or something, but that's just a thought (so we can get everyone in). I'm always up for playing the game online (unless I'm stuck in a CAG night). :D

Could I get a clan invite? I'm trying to find a somewhat consistent group of players to do the co-op with. So far I've only dabbled in competative mp (think I'm around level 7) and of course finished sp. I have the headset from Socom. Since I've never played with the cag clan, maybe I could get in the 2nd group or could fill in if you're a person short in the primary group. Anyway, my PSN is Neckfurters.

Also, I'm hoping to play some Motor Storm 2 with some CAGs. Since I started playing it, I've hardly played anything else.
-Thanks

[quote name='neckfurters']Could I get a clan invite? I'm trying to find a somewhat consistent group of players to do the co-op with. So far I've only dabbled in competative mp (think I'm around level 7) and of course finished sp. I have the headset from Socom. Since I've never played with the cag clan, maybe I could get in the 2nd group or could fill in if you're a person short in the primary group. Anyway, my PSN is Neckfurters.

Also, I'm hoping to play some Motor Storm 2 with some CAGs. Since I started playing it, I've hardly played anything else.
-Thanks[/QUOTE]You can join the clan. The first or 2nd post in this thread gives you instructions on how to join. If you are online around 10pm EST and there's room available in the party, you'll receive an invite to play co-op with us.

As for MotorStorm: PR, we have a CAG night for that:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208465

Thanks. I just wanted to put my info up here so hopefully someone might have some idea who was applying to the clan and not just come out of nowhere trying to join. Oh I forgot to ask in my last post, but is there any class in particular that the clan needs? I'd like to stay focused on one type of character, so if we need more of a class, just let me know.

[quote name='neckfurters']Thanks. I just wanted to put my info up here so hopefully someone might have some idea who was applying to the clan and not just come out of nowhere trying to join. Oh I forgot to ask in my last post, but is there any class in particular that the clan needs? I'd like to stay focused on one type of character, so if we need more of a class, just let me know.[/QUOTE]Well, we don't really have clan battles, just the clan to group us CAGs together and find eachother online.

As far as classes are concerned, it depends upon who shows up for CAG nights. Normally, we have the hardest time finding a Spec Op, but it varies (we usually have the least problem having a medic).

If I have someone sitting next to me pick up a controller and join in while we're doing Co-op, how is XP distributed to my character (if at all)?

[quote name='QiG']If I have someone sitting next to me pick up a controller and join in while we're doing Co-op, how is XP distributed to my character (if at all)?[/QUOTE]I dunno, but you still get the XP.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The Spec Op is a bit more challenging, but still very important to R2 co-op. You mostly play it as continuously feed ammo to everyone in your party and snipe enemies from a distance (since when you aim, you are somewhat sniping). IMO, it starts off with the best secondary weapon too, the bullseye (and you have to alternate between the two weapons more). But the Spec Op kind of lacks a grenade to throw.

What I keep trying to tell everyone is, when playing R2 co-op, you need to have ALL three classes to beat missions. You also need at least six (two of each class) and good communication to be successful. Whenever I jump into a game with no voicechat and unbalanced classes (like 5 medics and two soldiers), I know for a fact they'll never pass the mission (and normally they don't).[/QUOTE]

i would add that it depends on how high levels players you have. as a lowly medic, i had the hardest time getting a spec op to throw amno because the soldier is hogging it. then i would have to go aggro to collect enough healing juice. after the voltaltic armor upgrade, every time i get damaged i get at least two shots from the phoenix (that will eventually power the beserk).

Or the spec ops with mines is really bad ass. loads those mines on spawn points and you become a one man team.

so high level players will help most missions. but the objective oriented ones still need team work (eg: protect the engineer or stop the big fellas from the bridge).

[quote name='QiG']If I have someone sitting next to me pick up a controller and join in while we're doing Co-op, how is XP distributed to my character (if at all)?[/QUOTE]

you get your standard xp the 2nd player gets xp as normal. the shitty prt is the 2nd players xp doesnt save.

Thanks a lot for a bunch of you showing up throughout the night. I know it was late for some including me (I got beyond tired). Thanks a lot for coming and I had a lot of fun. I look forward to Saturday. :)

If there's a good amount of people wanting to play on Saturday, I will consider splitting R2 up, like have a game start at 5pm EST then another at 9:30pm EST.

I only played two games but i they were both fun. Wednesday will definitely be resistance night for me from now on. Now if I could get home a little earlier on Saturdays...

That was a lot of fun. Thanks for the invite. I wasn't expecting to be able to play because I figured there would be enough people so I was eating while trying to play my first time in co-op mode. That's the last time I try that combo. Not to mention I couldn't get my headset to work. After I had to leave though, I found out the problem so I should be able to chat. Looking forward to next time especially since I'll have a better idea of what I'm doing.

hey sorry about that last night. i had to put my daughter to bed and it looks like tmk put me in charge of the party, i came back and everybody was gone. i couldnt join your games, it said i didnt have access to your party.

[quote name='paz9x']hey sorry about that last night. i had to put my daughter to bed and it looks like tmk put me in charge of the party, i came back and everybody was gone. i couldnt join your games, it said i didnt have access to your party.[/QUOTE]I need to tell everyone to make sure they open the party to clan members and buddies. At default it's locked. Sorry, I should have remembered this. I've kept my party unlocked for a while.

Anybody want to play competitive with me tonight? I'll probably be on from about 7:30 to 9 central. If something comes up, I'll make sure to post it. If we can't get a squad of at least 3 or 4, I might just try to play Battlefield: BC.

I would love to (if you didn't know, I've been wanting to work there for awhile now) but it really sucks that my only headset is on the fritz. That room will fill fast though...

So, did any CAGs make it in time in order to play with Insomniac? I couldn't just because i got the times mixed up. It really sucks because I want to work with in the future.

I totally forgot about it. I was on R2 earlier in the day, but completely forgot.

Anyway, there will be R2 tonight. I might start as early as 9pm EST and play until 11:30pm EST.

ill be on tonight but not until after the fight.

edit - looks like ill watch it live at noon so i should be around at the normal time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Mana Knight']I totally forgot about it. I was on R2 earlier in the day, but completely forgot.

Anyway, there will be R2 tonight. I might start as early as 9pm EST and play until 11:30pm EST.[/quote]
I have to change what I said earlier because I actually was able to catch 2 Team Deathmatch games with them! I thought the party was fake but one of the devs confirmed it was real on myresistance. They didn't talk much, but man, they were tough. We were able to pull through in the end though. I ended up getting 3rd and 4th. Not that bad for not playing in about a week and half. I got 2 of the 3 Competitive trophies in the same night. Now there's just the 10k trophy left...I'm about 10.5% there...

Oh, and I probably can't make it tonight. Birthday party for my friend.

I may get on soon. But if I don't really see any on, I'll push R2 to around 9:30pm - 10pm EST start time instead, since that's what the thread title says.

bread's done
Back