Resistance 2 Collector's Edition Details- $79.99; Available for Pre-Order at Amazon

the_punisher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
200 (100%)
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/30/resistance-2-collectors-edition-details-appear-on-amazon/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...11189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B001EVNV5K

Collector's Edition Exclusive Box Art (winner in a vote out of three possible choices, and believe me, THIS is the best out of the three):

resistance2.jpg

Amazon has it for pre-order currently. See below for details (thanks Z(+)DIAC). As far as i can tell, it's only on Amazon right now, but that should change. I doubt it's an Amazon exclusive.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Photos:

prnphotos074710-SONY-COMPUT.gif

prnphotos074711-SONY-COMPUT.gif

— Created by DC Unlimited, an exclusive Chimeran Hybrid action figure with Bullseye weapon.

— A double-sided hard-cover Resistance 2 art book covering war-torn America from two unique perspectives.

— Exclusive in-game HVAP Wraith multiplayer weapon skin

— Copy of Resistance 2 with special edition cover artwork selected by the fans

The special collector's edition also includes a bonus DVD of exclusive Resistance 2 additional contents including:

— A preview into the upcoming Resistance novel, "Resistance: The Gathering Storm" by well-known science fiction author William Dietz.

— "America Forever Lost", Behind The Scenes video of Resistance 2 with Insomniac Games

— "Shattered History" Resistance chronology video — provides a visual guideline from the earliest days of the Chimera invasion to the current storyline.

— Digital copy of Issue #0 of the Resistance comic book series published by Wildstorm.[/quote]

It seems like a pretty good deal to me. The interviews and all other cool extras are worth about $10, and only becuase i'm a huge Resistance fan, the action figure and packaging will be worth the other $10 (and a preview of a novel is pretty cool too. Halo novels are great).

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Resistance 2 video game and Bonus DVD with Behind the Scenes video, video commentary by Insomniac Games, and "Twisted History" chronology video.
  • Exclusive in-game HVAP Wraith multiplayer skin
  • Sneak peek at the upcoming Resistance novel, "Resistance: The Gathering Storm"
  • Exclusive 5.5" Chimera Hybrid action figure with Bullseye weapon
  • Double-sided Resistance art book covering a war-torn America from two unique perspectives.

It seems like a pretty good deal to me. The interviews and all other cool extras are worth about $10, and only becuase i'm a huge Resistance fan, the action figure and packaging will be worth the other $10 (and a preview of a novel is pretty cool too. Halo novels are great).

One of the better pack-ins for the price. I'll probably pass it up due to all the other games I will be wanting in the next few months though.

I REALLY hope that just like with the Fable 2 Limited Edition, for one day they will randomly put a great price up and then I will buy this definitely. The only $80 LE I'm buying this year is Fallout 3, but I would definitely buy this in a hurry for $70.

That cover sort of reminds me of the Fable cover with the light hero on top and dark villain on bottom. And I don't know about the old school Playstation cover.

CE does seem pretty cool though. Only for big fans of the game IMO.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Should be MSRP $59.99 and if you pre-order you get free Art book, action figure and Bonus disc. instead charge extra $20 :([/quote]

There's no way in hell all that stuff would be free. Complaining about how much it costs is one thing, but that demand is really just unreasonable.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think so. Once again Amazon's placeholder cover art is better. I guess thy are really trying to convey that this game isn't going to look brown and gray all over.

my.php

Not really a "deal" per se (more of a decent value, if you're the glass-half-full type), but I'm interested. I hope Amazon offers a discount on this like they did with the Fable II CE. If not, I might impulse grab it if it shows up in my gold box. I still have some credit left there, too.

I'm done with collector's edition. Never worth the extra money, and I can always still find it two to three months after release for standard edition price. It was bad enough that the price of games went up to sixty, and now it's an extra twenty for the collector's edition. I actually wouldn't mind it if the collector's edition were done proper like GTAIV but when all they give is either some t shirt, artbook and/or action figure and a behind the scenes content it's not worth the price. Well to each his own, I'll probably end up buying a few more collector's edition of games and regret it.

Link:

http://www.amazon.com/Resistance-2-...01EVNV5K/ref=pd_ts_vg_17?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

Resistance 2

Release date November 4, 2008
Available for pre-order
Price - $79.99

Product Features

• Resistance 2 video game and Bonus DVD with Behind the Scenes video, video commentary by Insomniac Games, and "Twisted History" chronology video.
  • Exclusive in-game HVAP Wraith multiplayer skin
  • Sneak peek at the upcoming Resistance novel, "Resistance: The Gathering Storm"
  • Exclusive 5.5" Chimera Hybrid action figure with Bullseye weapon
  • Double-sided Resistance art book covering a war-torn America from two unique perspectives.

It could be a deal if there is exclusive content in the CE that is only available from Amazon. Personally I don't want to flame people because then they might not post a better deal in the future.

[quote name='chris owns u']How is this in any way a deal?[/quote]

Stuff like this is posted all the time. CheapyD even does it. I doubt you'd have the balls to tell him that. Quit trolling.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Not even worth $70.[/quote]

wtf was that for?

regular games are almost always $59.99 for titles like this. CE/LE for $10 more is actually not all that bad. The thread title clearly states this is a CE, so chill out!

The only question i have is, is this Amazon exclusive?

[quote name='jacknicklson']My thought on the CE is its not worth even $70, why is everyone so jumpy here lately?[/quote]

Probably because most CE sell for 70 and ship with only a behind the scenes dvd where the maker tells you how geat the game is. Or you get to see some dude nobody cares about mo-cap a scene from the game. Or they sell you stuff already on the disc for 10$.

Not sure what you are expecting for 10$, but I don't think the game is going to ship with a certified bar o gold or a winning lottery ticket :D.

[quote name='underliness']Probably because most CE sell for 70 and ship with only a behind the scenes dvd where the maker tells you how geat the game is. Or you get to see some dude nobody cares about mo-cap a scene from the game. Or they sell you stuff already on the disc for 10$.

Not sure what you are expecting for 10$, but I don't think the game is going to ship with a certified bar o gold or a winning lottery ticket :D.[/quote]

:cool:

i posted a while back that there should be a special forum dedicated to pre-order bonuses as they really don't belong here, but are of interest to folks.

this looks like one i'll pass on since the specials don't seem worth the extra $

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I wouldn't mind if it was $100. Resistance was amazing, Ratchet and Clank is amazing and Insomniac defines win. I'm buying this.[/quote]

Yep, that sounds about right. I'll also be buying Fallout 3 Collector's Edition, so now the decision is whether to get the Gears 2 one as well, or save my money. I also want Little BigPlanet :(

[quote name='OGHowie']The best of the 3 won, but all 3 covers kinda suck.[/quote]
If you even consider it a contest, the best won. The other two covers were just plain crap compared to the one it is now, so I guess you could consider it "voting".

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Resistance was amazing, Ratchet and Clank is amazing and Insomniac defines win. I'm buying this.[/quote]

Exactly. I don't agree about the $100 part though. I'm too cheap for that.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']But this is retail price.. how is this a deal @_@[/quote]

Free shipping and no tax is a deal to some people. Likewise if the CE is hard to get. I understand what you mean but dont just pick a random item to complain about, at least be consistent and do it in every thread that simply inform people of a product at its MSRP [and there are a lot of them].

[quote name='qwerty1']Free shipping and no tax is a deal to some people. Likewise if the CE is hard to get. I understand what you mean but dont just pick a random item to complain about, at least be consistent and do it in every thread that simply inform people of a product at its MSRP [and there are a lot of them].[/quote]

Ignore Ice. He does this every time someone posts a thread about a pre-order or a hard-to-find item.

I didn't think it was a deal myself, but the fact that half the deals page is now covered with them made me want to make it anyway.

Someone should tell Cheapy to make a seperate forum for this kinda thing. IDK what you would call it, but the deals section is getting a little crowded with crappy non-deals (and yes i'm aware i'm a hypocrite).

[quote name='the_punisher']I didn't think it was a deal myself, but the fact that half the deals page is now covered with them made me want to make it anyway.

Someone should tell Cheapy to make a seperate forum for this kinda thing. IDK what you would call it, but the deals section is getting a little crowded with crappy non-deals (and yes i'm aware i'm a hypocrite).[/quote]

That would actually be a great idea, in my opinion.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Ignore Ice. He does this every time someone posts a thread about a pre-order or a hard-to-find item.[/quote]

Really? Tales of vesperia? Really?

Its not a deal. Its retail price. Tales of Vesperia is a deal because you cant find it.

Mortal Kombat vs DK for 59 instead of 69 or 79 is a deal

When the hell was the last time you posted a deal?

You wanna attack me for posting "this isnt a deal" when its not!

Maybe someone should start up a sub forum for every pre order available.

Because retail isnt cheap, and this wont be hard to find

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Really? Tales of vesperia? Really?

Its not a deal. Its retail price. Tales of Vesperia is a deal because you cant find it.

Mortal Kombat vs DK for 59 instead of 69 or 79 is a deal

When the hell was the last time you posted a deal?

You wanna attack me for posting "this isnt a deal" when its not!

Maybe someone should start up a sub forum for every pre order available.

Because retail isnt cheap, and this wont be hard to find[/quote]

And how do you know that? There are no concrete details saying it's even going to be available in-stores, making it about as rare as the ToV LE package (although i doubt this is the case).

You DID give me an idea for a forum title: Pre-Orders for Collector's Editions.

Don't take that word for word, but it would get rid of some of this crap. Also, where would you like me to post this where people would see it? Hmm?

Bow your heads and join me in prayer...

Oh dear Lord. Please help me in my temptation as I try and fight off yet another expensive collectors edition. I didn't actually like the first game Oh Lord, so why must I be so week. Having just picked up Madden CE, Tales CE, and soon Fable, Fallout 3 w/clock and Gears of War Lancer bundle I am close to living on the streets dear Lord. My family and I beg of you Lord to help me resist this......

Wait a cool action figure and no tax too right?

Oh help me dear Lord!

I'll pay nowhere near that for any of this so I'm out. I'll just get the normal one. The action figure is tempting but it's not worth it since there are too many good games coming out near Resistances' release. I'm not liking the idea of $80 CE nowadays, damn companies are milking gamers dry

i concur with the idea of a dedicated thread for pre-orders, especially CEs/LEs, this way, no more of those thread crapping.

On the serious note, because threads like these, i know about the upcoming LEs/CEs. To me, a game is a game, there shouldn't be any LE/CE craps. However, if you really liked the game, you do want something tangible to savor the goodnesses other than turning on the console... Honestly, i don't think threads like this should be critercized, many times, i don't even know such LEs/CEs ever produced...

Geez, if you don't want the game or think the CE's are a rip-off, just don't buy them.

I was actually waiting for a Resistance 2 CE, so this was a total no-brainer purchase. I would have bought this even if the only pack-in was a Nathan Hale plushie.

[quote name='silks']Geez, if you don't want the game or think the CE's are a rip-off, just don't buy them.

I was actually waiting for a Resistance 2 CE, so this was a total no-brainer purchase. I would have bought this even if the only pack-in was a Nathan Hale plushie.[/QUOTE]
And that's why they continue these prices.If it's any crap related to a game let it be a slurpee cup or a tampon the fans will still buy it no matter what the price but in the end I guess it doesn't matter since you'll like it

bread's done
Back