Resistance 2 Collector's Edition Details- $79.99; Available for Pre-Order at Amazon

the_punisher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
200 (100%)
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/30/resistance-2-collectors-edition-details-appear-on-amazon/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...11189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B001EVNV5K

Collector's Edition Exclusive Box Art (winner in a vote out of three possible choices, and believe me, THIS is the best out of the three):

resistance2.jpg

Amazon has it for pre-order currently. See below for details (thanks Z(+)DIAC). As far as i can tell, it's only on Amazon right now, but that should change. I doubt it's an Amazon exclusive.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Photos:

prnphotos074710-SONY-COMPUT.gif

prnphotos074711-SONY-COMPUT.gif

— Created by DC Unlimited, an exclusive Chimeran Hybrid action figure with Bullseye weapon.

— A double-sided hard-cover Resistance 2 art book covering war-torn America from two unique perspectives.

— Exclusive in-game HVAP Wraith multiplayer weapon skin

— Copy of Resistance 2 with special edition cover artwork selected by the fans

The special collector's edition also includes a bonus DVD of exclusive Resistance 2 additional contents including:

— A preview into the upcoming Resistance novel, "Resistance: The Gathering Storm" by well-known science fiction author William Dietz.

— "America Forever Lost", Behind The Scenes video of Resistance 2 with Insomniac Games

— "Shattered History" Resistance chronology video — provides a visual guideline from the earliest days of the Chimera invasion to the current storyline.

— Digital copy of Issue #0 of the Resistance comic book series published by Wildstorm.[/quote]

It seems like a pretty good deal to me. The interviews and all other cool extras are worth about $10, and only becuase i'm a huge Resistance fan, the action figure and packaging will be worth the other $10 (and a preview of a novel is pretty cool too. Halo novels are great).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sephiroth61787']How do you do this?[/quote]

Open amazon >> Your Account >> Improve your recommendations

Then once in there, you should see the options to mark items as gifts, rate them and tell them what not to use for recommendations.

[quote name='distgfx']Open amazon >> Your Account >> Improve your recommendations

Then once in there, you should see the options to mark items as gifts, rate them and tell them what not to use for recommendations.[/quote]

Ah nice. Thanks!

I have a lot of blu-rays on there. I guess I'll just search a bunch of PS3 games and see if it comes up tomorrow.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']Ah nice. Thanks!

I have a lot of blu-rays on there. I guess I'll just search a bunch of PS3 games and see if it comes up tomorrow.[/quote]

adding mgs 4 to my cart is what got me mine. Id suggest adding mgs 4 and resistance to your cart. see what that does for your recommendations. Then ur recommendations will find their way into your gold box.

With everyone talking about this game in their gold box, I just checked mine and lo and behold, IT WAS IN THERE! I ordered it for $75.99 shipped. I was kinda iffy on getting it before today, but with it in my goldbox, I said what the hell.

[quote name='addicted2games']With everyone talking about this game in their gold box, I just checked mine and lo and behold, IT WAS IN THERE! I ordered it for $75.99 shipped. I was kinda iffy on getting it before today, but with it in my goldbox, I said what the hell.[/quote]

Hey, since they don't charge you until it ships, you can just cancel before it ships if you decide you don't want it! I love amazon for this reason.

[quote name='distgfx']Hey, since they don't charge you until it ships, you can just cancel before it ships if you decide you don't want it! I love amazon for this reason.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, thats a great feature. Too bad they got rid of their price match on items you buy for up to 30 days. But in this case, its a preorder, so I should be ok if the price goes down before the item releases.

Just to throw this out there (theres no deal on it or anything) but, Gamestop is taking preorders on this right now aswell. and has been since Thursday (good for right now with the bonus $15 promo.)

how does everyone have so many quick picks in their gold box? I used to have around six but during the last month or so I've just been getting one or two. Do you have to have Amazon Prime to get more deals?

its in my goldbox and I'll order it but debating if I should finally use that $5 coupon from Atlus

I've been saving it hoping Persona 4 would show up in my gold box but for same strange reason Persona 4 won't even show up in my recommendations :bomb:

[quote name='conspiracy1989']if its 20 buks more it should be atleast a bluray disc not a dvd[/quote]

I don't see how that could make or break this. Like was mentioned before, the figure alone is worth $10. So, you're paying $10 for everything else, which is pretty standard for CE/LE with special casing and a bonus DVD. You also get the hardcover artbook, not some flimsy piece of trash.

Haha, I ordered the collector edition yesterday when it was in my goldbox picks, and today I have the regular edition in my goldbox. How many does amazon think I need? :)

It was in my gold box too. I jumped in for the hack of it in case I can't find a good deal when the time draws near.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']This is retarded. Last night, I checked off "not interested" on everything except PS3 games. I look at my Gold Box, it's a bunch of cd's. What the hell.[/quote]
Mine has gotten like this to. I wonder wtf...

This has been confirmed at GameStop, so it's not an Amazon exclsuive. IDK how many retailers will be selling it, though...(besdies, pre-order skin at amazon xD).

[quote name='genfuyung']Mine has gotten like this to. I wonder wtf...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I finally just gave up and ordered it. Today I've only got three items in my gold box, two blurays (crappy blurays) and a graphic novel. I've clicked not interested on all the graphic novels it's been recommending, and I haven't purchased or even looked at a bluray in a couple of months. I think I'll just start crossing my fingers as it seems to have the same effect.

[quote name='arctic00']Does Amazon offer a fixed 5% discount to everyone who gets the gold box deal?[/quote]
Yes.

[quote name='eau']Additional 5% fixed if it's under Quick Picks.[/quote]

Thanks for info. I was wondering if frequent buyers might be getting bigger discounts too since some folks get more Quick Pick items than others. I guess that isn't the case.

bread's done
Back