Resistance 2 new for 18.00 shipped!

Bought it 2 seconds after I saw this post. haha. New I couldnt pass this up. Top rated game at a very decent price. Also used the bing cash back. Got it for basically $17.80. To get Bing Cashback go to Bing.com and then the Shopping tab and search "wii". When you get to the search results look right at the top and the sponsored link should take you right to the ebay site with the bing cashback activated. Remember you have to use Buy it Now and PAYPAL. Also remember that after you activate BCB you can search for anything on ebay and can get BCB.

I'd be cautious with this one, they have no feedback for selling games before this and suddenly are selling 60 copies of a game for a low price

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I'd be cautious with this one, they have no feedback for selling games before this and suddenly are selling 60 copies of a game for a low price[/QUOTE]

They have sold plenty of other items, though............

EDIT: I see that there are a couple of positive feedbacks for games too.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I'd be cautious with this one, they have no feedback for selling games before this and suddenly are selling 60 copies of a game for a low price[/QUOTE]

as with what jjj said, there is also some feedback mentioning games, so your claim is totally bogus. The rest of their feedback is older than 90 days, so you can't actually see if the auctions are for games or not.

I bought this game on release, but haven't actually got to it since a few weeks ago. I'm pretty far in the single player mode and its a pretty good game so far. Better than I expected as part 1 didn't do that much for me. I have only tried single player so far and a few deathmatches so far. No co op yet.

The scope, size and detail of some of the bosses are INSANE.

Its a Steal at this price!

If the seller decides to scam you, just file an unreceived item dispute with paypal and they will take care of the problem.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Unless I am missing it, I see no feedback for any game sales in the past 90 days.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=mybabysteig&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller
The only thing listed in the past 90 days is 1 listing for formula[/QUOTE]

game arrived as described, thank you for quick shipping
Jun-28-09 09:11 -- (#300324085415)

--
iconPos_16x16.gif
game arrived as described, thank you
Jun-28-09 09:11

Not within 90 days, but what does that have to do with anything?

Pretty good find I wouldn't be too worried about getting scammed if they try that you can do what OTSU said. Ebay has your back.

You're purchasing via Paypal so everything is protected on the buyer's end. Trust me, as a frequent Paypal seller until recently, Paypal will always take the buyer's side.

[quote name='mcthatch']You're purchasing via Paypal so everything is protected on the buyer's end. Trust me, as a frequent Paypal seller until recently, Paypal will always take the buyer's side.[/QUOTE]

haha, "everything" is totally the wrong word.
good luck to those buying from this guy, im not throwing any money in his direction.

[quote name='Arakias']haha, "everything" is totally the wrong word.
good luck to those buying from this guy, im not throwing any money in his direction.[/QUOTE]

From Paypal's own language....

100% of your original purchase price and shipping fees. Does not include return shipping.

What part of that isn't clear?

This is obviously a "fell off the back of a truck" kind of deal. How the seller got a large quantity of sealed copies may be suspect, but what you get will obviously be legit, as it's already been pointed out the seller's 100% rating and PayPal protection to boot.

The way I see it, if you want this game you would be an idiot for not taking advantage of these circumstances.

Here we go again...

Stuff like this has been popping up a lot lately. A number of CAGs got taken by a guy selling cheap electronics, including 360 controllers for $15. And guess what? The person had good feedback. He even had a lot of very recent feedback for selling a bunch of other cheap stuff. Needless to say, the $15 360 controllers were never shipped. There was also another guy selling $60 games for less than $20, but I don't remember what the feedback situation there was. Point is, it's been going around. Likely, it is hijacked accounts.

This game still retails for $60. Does anyone honestly think the seller legitimately got a hold of 60 copies of the game at such an insanely cheap price that they can sell it at $18 shipped and make a profit, after PP and eBay fees? Sure. If you believe that, please, let's do business. I mean, come on. This is an account with a 214 feedback rating since 2003. And now, they are selling games by the dozen? And just that one game? Kind of doubt that.

As far as PayPal protection goes, don't always assume that's going to come through. There have been plenty of stories of people getting screwed out of money, despite the fact that the seller was obviously a scam artist. The biggest issue use to be people clearing out their PP and bank accounts, so that PayPal could not recover the funds. That, of course, was greatly alleviated when eBay and PP started putting holds on certain high risk transactions. I know that people did get their money back from the 360 controller fiasco.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Here we go again...

Stuff like this has been popping up a lot lately. A number of CAGs got taken by a guy selling cheap electronics, including 360 controllers for $15. And guess what? The person had good feedback. He even had a lot of very recent feedback for selling a bunch of other cheap stuff. Needless to say, the $15 360 controllers were never shipped. There was also another guy selling $60 games for less than $20, but I don't remember what the feedback situation there was. Point is, it's been going around. Likely, it is hijacked accounts.

This game still retails for $60. Does anyone honestly think the seller legitimately got a hold of 60 copies of the game at such an insanely cheap price that they can sell it at $18 shipped and make a profit, after PP and eBay fees? Sure. If you believe that, please, let's do business. I mean, come on. This is an account with a 214 feedback rating since 2003. And now, they are selling games by the dozen? And just that one game?[/QUOTE]

OK, Mr. Detective, I'll let you know how my purchase went.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']It's not being a detective. It's called having common sense. You apparently don't know what that is. Good luck in life. You're going to need it.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably smarter than you and your whole family combined. I used Paypal to check out and I'm OK with whatever the "consequences" may be. Why don't we bet $50 that these copies will ship, hmm? Since you're so smart?

I ordered one of the $15 360 controllers previously mentioned. Here's the thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244918

I did get my money back, fortunately, even though the seller's accounts were closed up soon after the stuff was sold. I don't know if that was the seller cutting and running or Ebay and PayPal looking into whatever shady stuff was going on. All I know is that I won't bother with deals that are obviously too good to be true. We got our money back this time, but like was said, there are horror stories all over the 'net. I know, because I looked into them after it was obvious that the seller wasn't shipping or responding to messages. I figured it was likely we were all gonna get screwed.

[quote name='miendestined']I'm probably smarter than you and your whole family combined.[/QUOTE]

That was certainly a mature response. Are you going to call him a cocky-doody head next?

[quote name='BrettFarveRetired']I ordered one of the $15 360 controllers previously mentioned. Here's the thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244918

I did get my money back, fortunately, even though the seller's accounts were closed up soon after the stuff was sold. I don't know if that was the seller cutting and running or Ebay and PayPal looking into whatever shady stuff was going on. All I know is that I won't bother with deals that are obviously too good to be true.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't apart of this controller scam, but I think it's easier to find deals on software than it is hardware. For example, Tekken 6 was on Amazon.com for 19.99. It was a supposed $60 game. I would have been more cautious if it were a Sony PS3 controller for 19.99, but the point is there are good deals out there.

Regardless, I won't be losing sleep over this deal. I bought it, sure, but I am not dying to play it. I will be fine with a my refund, too.

Deal or no deal, life goes on. I don't need a detective to give me his life story on this website.

[quote name='miendestined']I'm probably smarter than you and your whole family combined. I used Paypal to check out and I'm OK with whatever the "consequences" may be. Why don't we bet $50 that these copies will ship, hmm? Since you're so smart?[/QUOTE]

He's just offering up his opinion. I don't think your "Mr. Detective" remark was called for.

If you want to purchase from that Ebay listing, go ahead. No one's stopping you; some people are just giving advice. You don't have to take it.

That's exactly how I read it. And like I said, I was involved in the controller scam he mentioned. I wonder if I get to be a detective now, too!

[quote name='BrettFarveRetired']That's exactly how I read it. And like I said, I was involved in the controller scam he mentioned. I wonder if I get to be a detective now, too![/QUOTE]

No, not exactly. You're not articulate enough.

The fact here is that people were scammed in a totally different scenario. Again, there's also the price integrity issue when comparing retail prices of hardware vs. software. Software prices WILL go down.

If I were scammed on Craigslist, I wouldn't tell the world about my experience and ask that no one use the website or approach it with paranoia. It makes no sense.

Now, if you were scammed by the same person, then we have a USEFUL advice. Otherwise, eHarmony.com is where you want to be when discussing your life stories.

ok well i just went for it, the guy sent me the usps tracking number which is kinda wierd, how could it ship so fast it hasnt even been 30 mins. :( i dunno to be happy or scared if something is shipped this fast. its too fast.

[quote name='Chris_GTR1']ok well i just went for it, the guy sent me the usps tracking number which is kinda wierd, how could it ship so fast it hasnt even been 30 mins. :( hope this isnt a scam[/QUOTE]

He likely paid for shipping through PayPal. If anything, that might be a good sign.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']He likely paid for shipping through PayPal. If anything, that might be a good sign.[/QUOTE]

nice, anyone else get the tracking number yet?

[quote name='Chris_GTR1']nice, anyone else get the tracking number yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope, did you contact the seller, or did he send it to you on his own?

I have had the same thing happen to me before. Bought a "too good to be true" item from a buyer with very good feedback. After paying, he never responded and never send the item. I did file a complaint and got my money back. So hope that this is not that kinda scam. Good luck!!

[quote name='miendestined']
If I were scammed on Craigslist, I wouldn't tell the world about my experience and ask that no one use the website or approach it with paranoia. It makes no sense. [/QUOTE]

Well, I don't know about "paranoia", but it's perfectly reasonable that someone warn people to approach Craigslist with caution after they've been scammed. That just makes sense.

One needn't be scammed by the exact individual in question to see that a particular sale might be suspect.

Approach this purchase with caution, that's all.

[quote name='allyourblood']Well, I don't know about "paranoia", but it's perfectly reasonable that someone warn people to approach Craigslist with caution after they've been scammed. That just makes sense.

One needn't be scammed by the exact individual in question to see that a particular sale might be suspect.

Approach this purchase with caution, that's all.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't even respond to him. I simply ignored him, because he sounds like a complete jerk. The great thing about CAG is that we try to help each other out. People are trying to point out that this is obviously looks shady, and he's just being an ass...and not even making any sense. He'd probably be better off hanging out at Slickdeals or something.

For those expecting full coverage by Paypal, that is not always the case. As stated by bigdaddybruce, if the seller (scammer) liquidates his bank account and paypal account before a large number of claims are filed, Paypal will refund nothing to you. I got scammed on eBay when I tried to buy a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga a while back and I did not get all my money back because the seller had already partially spent my payment money.

I've been selling on eBay since 1999 and I can assure you that no seller with any amount of intelligence would just stumble on 60 copies of a popular game and liquidate them at rock bottom prices when they could obviously get more for their product.

I hope to be proven wrong, but I believe you will all be back in this thread within a week whining about how your game never arrived. If it does, congratulations, you got a great game at a great price.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']Nope, did you contact the seller, or did he send it to you on his own?[/QUOTE]

no, i was just playing uncharted 2 mutliplayer (which kinda sucks) and bought it then 20 mins later i got an email from ebay that its been shipped

[quote name='Doomstink']I've been selling on eBay since 1999 and I can assure you that no seller with any amount of intelligence would just stumble on 60 copies of a popular game and liquidate them at rock bottom prices when they could obviously get more for their product.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Doesn't make any sense. Like I said, the game still goes for ~$60 on Amazon, Newegg, etc. Why would they sell them for less than $20? Granted, this is another example of a PS3 exclusive that has stayed at $60 for way too long, but look at the completed listings on eBay, and you will still see that new copies easily go for between $25 and $30 shipped. They could have put them up for more than they did, and they still would have sold out easily.

Well I don't know if it's a scam, but if it is, it seems odd that he's not doing it with a newer game. You can find Resistance 2 for around this price, legitimately.

For reference, this is the last item this seller sold:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300373220156

Compare the descriptions between the two. It should be relatively clear from the differences that these were not posted by the same people. Sellers have a consistent style and wording in their listings, and these two are not consistent with each other.

Also, the feedback (and this item) seems to suggest that this seller used to sell baby supplies and not video games. I with the others in thinking that this is a hijacked account.

[quote name='Unrealevil']Well I don't know if it's a scam, but if it is, it seems odd that he's not doing it with a newer game. You can find Resistance 2 for around this price, legitimately.[/QUOTE]

Probably because a newer game is way too obvious. They would send off massive red flags, as it did in a thread from, I think, last month, where someone was selling MW2 for like $20.

Just got my tracking number via eBay for USPS. Hope this is legit. Bought this for my brother-in-law, who is a new PS3 owner. If it doesn't go through, oh well...his loss.

[quote name='Doomstink']

Also, the feedback (and this item) seems to suggest that this seller used to sell baby supplies and not video games. I with the others in thinking that this is a hijacked account.[/QUOTE]

I saw 2 feedbacks for games.

bread's done
Back