RESTOCK'S CONFIRMED (FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME)!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a matter of when a re-stock will happen, it's a matter of if a re-stock will happen. These rumored re-stocks have been said to be taking place from anywhere from tonight to next weekend. If you don't check your store daily you'll likey miss any re-stocking.

The fact that it's a clearance of games likely suggests there isn't much more coming out (if any). The whole purpose was to clear inventory, that's it. Any games being re-stocked will likely be in smaller quantities spread out or one large mass at a few stores. I wouldn't be surprised if they put some of the left-over stock on their website and get rid of it that way.

Bottom line - don't hold your breath.

Edit: Post #300. Wow, I'm now officially a vet. I guess it took long enough.

[quote name='Wiseguy']
RIGHT NOW people are dying in the middle east and here we are b!tching and moaning about a sale and how we react to each other. GET OVER YOURSELVES.[/quote]

And thusly; a whole new can of worms hath been opened.....

OK, I love CAG and I am trying really hard to get along with all the newbs (we're all newbs at some point! :lol: ). HOWEVER, I just want to clarify a few things:

For all message board posters who live in English-speaking countries:

they're - They're going to go buy some games today.
their - Their mother would not let them go to Best Buy.
there - I would not go there if I were you.

you're - You're going to regret spending $40 on that Haven game.
your - Where do you keep all of your games?

to - I want to go to Toys R Us.
too - Give me Mega Man 7 too, please.
two - Please pick up two copies while you're out.

want - I want to go to the movies.
won't - He won't go with me to the store.

bored - I'm bored with this thread.
board - We all love posting to this board.

Now, I'm certainly not trying to piss anyone off by saying this stuff; quite the contrary! Healthy debates and arguments are fine, but if you can't speak/type/spell clearly, nobody is going to take you seriously.

[quote name='Wiseguy']ALL IT IS IS A FREAKIN VIDEOGAME SALE.

RIGHT NOW people are dying in the middle east and here we are b!tching and moaning about a sale and how we react to each other. GET OVER YOURSELVES.[/quote]

cool.

inner dialog: "Hmm... This thread hasn't turned into quite enough of a flame war.... What could I do to make it worse? AH HA!! I'll bring up politics!!! That'll do it!!!"

moron.

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='Wiseguy']ALL IT IS IS A FREAKIN VIDEOGAME SALE.

cool.

inner dialog: "Hmm... This thread hasn't turned into quite enough of a flame war.... What could I do to make it worse? AH HA!! I'll bring up politics!!! That'll do it!!!"

moron.[/quote]

And then, to make the thread become even more of a flame war, you call the guy a moron. Good job. . . Oh, I was joking back there, don't take it personally.

It is pretty sad what this thread has transformed into and what it will likely become.

[quote name='The Campaigner']LOL you guys have me dying over here when your "thintelligence". i hate rap while im at it, rap stands for retards attempt poetry and if your white you shouldn't be listening to it because that closest you'll get to any projects are the ones you do for the science fair.[/quote]

One thing I'm wondering is why the shaq did he start bitching about rap? I think he's gone schizo and is having conversations with himself.

Anyways, from the CC I've seen they barely had 20 games in the bin, and half of them were demo discs. I doubt that's enough for the whole week.

[quote name='"The Campaigner"']I bet you don't even know what race i am. Besides most of rap consists of violence, sex, killing, etc. Now if i said something specific to a race which i don't recall, like blacks are lazy or something then ok, but if you say white people can't dance that's probably more dead on then racist, well call me racist and you'll sound dumb, you should go see webster about what the word racist means.[/quote]

First off, forgive me for going off the main topic here, but this needs to get addressed. SO Shaq-fu it here goes.

Here's why JSweeny intially suggested your statement was racist: There is such a thing as implicit or covert racism which often gets a pass in mainstream US culture even though it does at least as much damage if not more than flagrant "KKK-style" overt racism. Covert racism usually takes the form of neutral or at worst "humorous" statements about a racial or ethnic (or any other subaltern) group's presumed cultural, social, psychological or physical characteristics, which are, in truth, underlain by essentializing propositions about said group. While these propositions, as I said, sometimes come off as neutral, funny, and sometimes even complementary, they smuggle in either outrigh degradation of the subject or at the very least a distancing of that group from the speaker's own identification. For example the idea that whites have no business listening to "black music" often implies that there whites should somehow find that music distatesful because it is beneath them. Another example would be the way that people often tend to generalize Asians as "good at the sciences", which of course also implies that they aren't good at the arts or humanities in school. While that seems like a compliment, if you look deeper, such statements cary the implication that there is something about "Asians" (already a suspect category) that makes "them" nerdy or otherwise unable to relate to the European-derived arts and humanities, which of course, suggests that they are somehow incomplete thinkers, unlike whites who can be good at whatever they choose.

Anyway, this is all to say there is a lot of shaq-fuing racist shaq-fus out there who say really ignorant stuff and then get defensive about it when they finally do get called for it. That's my 2 cents + for ya'll.

PS Now that I think of it they very concept of the game "Shaq-Fu" is a bit troublesome, since it presents an African American as a fighting brute, while at the same time tearing apart Chinese language to append the word "Fu" for a quasi-joke. It's a double whammy.

[quote name='captainfrizo'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='Wiseguy']ALL IT IS IS A FREAKIN VIDEOGAME SALE.

cool.

moron.[/quote]

And then, to make the thread become even more of a flame war, you call the guy a moron. Good job. . . Oh, I was joking back there, don't take it personally.

It is pretty sad what this thread has transformed into and what it will likely become.[/quote]

you're right. I shouldn't have called him a moron. barely literate, yes. moron, no. I think that we all (myself included) need to remember that a lot of peeps on CAG are probably pretty young...especially now with the recent influx of new members. I should have just let it go, but it just drives me up the wall when some smart-ass kid (or adult, for that matter!) starts shooting their mouth off when they are new to a community.

What can I say? my fingers are assholes, and they type rude things.

PS. to the writer of the above post addressing racism: :applause:

PPS. FOr the love of gad, I'm finally an ALL-star. 500 posts baby, and it took me forever compared to all you prolific mofos!!!!

[quote name='organicow']OK, I love CAG and I am trying really hard to get along with all the newbs (we're all newbs at some point! :lol: ). HOWEVER, I just want to clarify a few things:

For all message board posters who live in English-speaking countries:

they're - They're going to go buy some games today.
their - Their mother would not let them go to Best Buy.
there - I would not go there if I were you.

you're - You're going to regret spending $40 on that Haven game.
your - Where do you keep all of your games?

to - I want to go to Toys R Us.
too - Give me Mega Man 7 too, please.
two - Please pick up two copies while you're out.

want - I want to go to the movies.
won't - He won't go with me to the store.

bored - I'm bored with this thread.
board - We all love posting to this board.

Now, I'm certainly not trying to piss anyone off by saying this stuff; quite the contrary! Healthy debates and arguments are fine, but if you can't speak/type/spell clearly, nobody is going to take you seriously.[/quote]

IT'S A VIDEOGAME MESSAGE BOARD.

You're the one who is taking it too seriously Mr fucking English professor. It's not like we all take the time to spell check every one of our fucking posts. who cares, can you understand us?, or are we speaking another fucking language genius?

Man, you're as bad as the the other guy.

This really is a funny place :oops: :lol:

hey WiseyGuy: Chill out dude!! :D

i meant no harm, I was just making the point that if we are going to have an argument like the one in this thread, it would be a lot more productive if everyone was clear!

calm down; I know it is a video game site... i wasn't trying to sound like a jerk... :oops:

[quote name='organicow']hey WiseyGuy: Chill out dude!! :D

i meant no harm, I was just making the point that if we are going to have an argument like the one in this thread, it would be a lot more productive if everyone was clear!

calm down; I know it is a video game site... i wasn't trying to sound like a jerk... :oops:[/quote]

Sorry, I'm not mad, but it makes it worse when you come in here and try and berate and belittle people over common spelling errors.
Most of the posts are written hastily anyways and can be easily understood by most preschoolers.

I know, I know, some of us are detail freaks but try and give people the benefit of the doubt. I can understand when it's frustrating that someone has inflamatory opinions and beliefs and tries to bust balls, but giving heck about spelling and grammar is really childish and adds nothing more to the debate other than flaming.

[quote name='drmuerto'][quote name='The Campaigner']I bet you don't even know what race i am. Besides most of rap consists of violence, sex, killing, etc. Now if i said something specific to a race which i don't recall, like blacks are lazy or something then ok, but if you say white people can't dance that's probably more dead on then racist, well call me racist and you'll sound dumb, you should go see webster about what the word racist means.[/quote]

First off, forgive me for going off the main topic here, but this needs to get addressed. SO Shaq-fu it here goes.

Here's why JSweeny intially suggested your statement was racist: There is such a thing as implicit or covert racism which often gets a pass in mainstream US culture even though it does at least as much damage if not more than flagrant "KKK-style" overt racism. Covert racism usually takes the form of neutral or at worst "humorous" statements about a racial or ethnic (or any other subaltern) group's presumed cultural, social, psychological or physical characteristics, which are, in truth, underlain by essentializing propositions about said group. While these propositions, as I said, sometimes come off as neutral, funny, and sometimes even complementary, they smuggle in either outrigh degradation of the subject or at the very least a distancing of that group from the speaker's own identification. For example the idea that whites have no business listening to "black music" often implies that there whites should somehow find that music distatesful because it is beneath them. Another example would be the way that people often tend to generalize Asians as "good at the sciences", which of course also implies that they aren't good at the arts or humanities in school. While that seems like a compliment, if you look deeper, such statements cary the implication that there is something about "Asians" (already a suspect category) that makes "them" nerdy or otherwise unable to relate to the European-derived arts and humanities, which of course, suggests that they are somehow incomplete thinkers, unlike whites who can be good at whatever they choose.

Anyway, this is all to say there is a lot of shaq-fuing racist shaq-fus out there who say really ignorant stuff and then get defensive about it when they finally do get called for it. That's my 2 cents + for ya'll.

PS Now that I think of it they very concept of the game "Shaq-Fu" is a bit troublesome, since it presents an African American as a fighting brute, while at the same time tearing apart Chinese language to append the word "Fu" for a quasi-joke. It's a double whammy.[/quote]

wow, i was gonna say something about it, but you already did a great job. i didn't have a problem with campaigner until he said the statement about rap and white people....

I don't think they'll be restocking CLEARANCE ITEMS. :lol:

clear·ance ( P ) Pronunciation Key (klîrns)
n.

A sale, generally at reduced prices, to dispose of old merchandise.

Quoting previous poster: "Sorry, I'm not mad, but it makes it worse when you come in here and try and berate and belittle people over common spelling errors.
Most of the posts are written hastily anyways and can be easily understood by most preschoolers. "

Maybe if most of the posts weren't written so hastily, there'd be a lot less ridiculous posts on here. Think before you type people!

[quote name='Wiseguy']I don't think they'll be restocking CLEARANCE ITEMS. :lol:

n.

A sale, generally at reduced prices, to dispose of old merchandise.[/quote]

worm can --> reopened!!! --> WORMS EVERYWHERE!!

OK, just so I understand: You give me shit for posting grammatical corrections, and then you post a DICTIONARY DEFINITION of a common word?!?!?

whoa.... :lol:

[quote name='roland13x']Maybe if most of the posts weren't written so hastily, there'd be a lot less ridiculous posts on here. Think before you type people![/quote]

You've got a point there.

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='Wiseguy']I don't think they'll be restocking CLEARANCE ITEMS. :lol:

n.

A sale, generally at reduced prices, to dispose of old merchandise.[/quote]

worm can --> reopened!!! --> WORMS EVERYWHERE!!

OK, just so I understand: You give me shit for posting grammatical corrections, and then you post a DICTIONARY DEFINITION of a common word?!?!?

whoa.... :lol:[/quote]

And you got the irony of the joke.

*claps*

[quote name='organicow']WHEEEE!!!! ](*,)[/quote]

Now Playing:
stop.gif

Be Good. :p

Wiseguy.

Some people apparently resent spelling and punctuation as hassles imposed on them for no other purpose than to make them unhappy. The simple fact is that a common set of rules makes communication work. Messages that ignore those rules are more difficult to understand and lead to those users being ignored.

Writing well is its own reward. Really.

[quote name='epobirs']Some people apparently resent spelling and punctuation as hassles imposed on them for no other purpose than to make them unhappy. The simple fact is that a common set of rules makes communication work. Messages that ignore those rules are more difficult to understand and lead to those users being ignored.

Writing well is its own reward. Really.[/quote]

indeed. that was the only point i was trying to make! :)

[quote name='epobirs']Some people apparently resent spelling and punctuation as hassles imposed on them for no other purpose than to make them unhappy. The simple fact is that a common set of rules makes communication work. Messages that ignore those rules are more difficult to understand and lead to those users being ignored.

Writing well is its own reward. Really.[/quote]

Especially when you type like this.

17'5 4 (0mpu73r l4ngu4g3. 17 g375 4nn0'/1ng 4f73r 4 wh1l3. 700 b4d 1f u (4n'7 r34d 7h15.

this thread should have been locked and rebooted

as for nyc restocks:

i went to the one on 80th/broadway sunday they had no additional games than before, no intentions of restocking as well as a little sign up basically saying sorry if you missed out

too discouraged after that to try the other manhattan sites

I'm gonna try and and find out if the Paramus, NJ and West Nyack, NY stores are going to have restocks sometime in the next week. I'll post again when I found out.

The thing that scares me the most about this concept is that you know that even if CC did a wide scale restock, people would still be pissed off just because they couldn't get Disgaea, etc.
According to the reports, people have been finding plenty of games, yet still bitch and whine about not getting specific games. Exactly how many games that are selling for 30-50 elsewhere do you expect Circuit City to sell at a huge loss? They aren't that stupid... They'd take the buyback from the manuacturer for all the stock in thier warehouses before they shipped them out to the retail location.
Even if there is a restock, it would be of old sports games, and marginal hits from a year and half to two years ago.

[quote name='JSweeney']The thing that scares me the most about this concept is that you know that even if CC did a wide scale restock, people would still be pissed off just because they couldn't get Disgaea, etc.
According to the reports, people have been finding plenty of games, yet still bitch and whine about not getting specific games. Exactly how many games that are selling for 30-50 elsewhere do you expect Circuit City to sell at a huge loss? They aren't that stupid... They'd take the buyback from the manuacturer for all the stock in thier warehouses before they shipped them out to the retail location.
Even if there is a restock, it would be of old sports games, and marginal hits from a year and half to two years ago.[/quote]

It doesn't really matter what they do; people will still come here and whine about how they didn't get every game they wanted, even though they did get 10 or 20 that they did. Boo hoo. *sigh* :roll:

[quote name='organicow']you're right. I shouldn't have called him a moron. barely literate, yes. moron, no. I think that we all (myself included) need to remember that a lot of peeps on CAG are probably pretty young...especially now with the recent influx of new members. I should have just let it go, but it just drives me up the wall when some smart-ass kid (or adult, for that matter!) starts shooting their mouth off when they are new to a community.[/quote]

Same hear, I'm usually a saint, but then these god damn noobs drove me to a whole new level of hatred. I'll never be able to respect a noob again, after this CC fiasco.

Wow, this thread sure has brought out the covert Grammar Nazis.

Back on topic, the CC in Poughkeepsie did not restock, and also, games on the list, but not in the bim, are no longer 4.99. For Example, Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer, which I bought last week for my GF, rang up 15 this week.

If I bring my reciet from last week, will they pricematch it back down to 5, as it's within 30 days?

If I bring my reciet from last week, will they pricematch it back down to 5, as it's within 30 days?[/quote]

I highly doubt it. I tried doing that with Skies of Arcadia way back in Dec or Jan, and it was a no go, but I tried it at a different CC.

I just called my CC and they said they would not be getting a restock which makes sense because they will have trouble getting rid of what is left now which is a bunch of sports games and some various turds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back