Results are in! Good & bad news...

Voted this morning.
10b126577fa484dcfdf8f935708e282e.jpg

[quote name='Unickuta']I voted, even though I live in New Jersey. :/[/quote]

Erin's had some friends on the other side of the world voting, so don't feel too bad. :D

[quote name='strongpimphand']i'm sorry, but to be blunt, your wife isn't ugly enough to win to me

see, in radio, the uglier you are, the better you are. it's a known fact. studies have been done and such.

your wife just isn't ugly enough. maybe you should strike her a few times or something?

my vote goes for laurie sherry, because she looks qualified![/quote]

It's a widely known fact that 60% of the world's ugliest people live in Johnstown. Seriously. This area is like a circus sideshow.

And, although it is a radio job, public appearances will be part of the job. So, in this case, ugly doesn't = radio-worthy.

+1 vote. Aside from your wife, I fear the other contestants would use the public airwaves to spread their pro-mutant propaganda.

Just a reminder, voting closes today. Tomorrow night, the winner will be announced. If you haven't voted yet, please do. If you have, thanks!

[quote name='sp00ge']It's a widely known fact that 60% of the world's ugliest people live in Johnstown. Seriously. This area is like a circus sideshow.

And, although it is a radio job, public appearances will be part of the job. So, in this case, ugly doesn't = radio-worthy.[/QUOTE]
but there's something about an ugly face that makes me feel secure in listening - and not seeing - the radio host

[quote name='sp00ge']Just a reminder, voting closes today. Tomorrow night, the winner will be announced. If you haven't voted yet, please do. If you have, thanks![/QUOTE]

Sweet. Good luck!

Results are in, and I want to thank everyone for helping out. Anyways...

The good news:

In votes, she blew everyone else away.

The bad news:

Votes only counted for part of the contest.

She ended up coming in a very close second place, after everything was said and done. BUT, after they announced the winner tonight, the station manager ran up to Erin and told her not to leave. He wanted to have a word with her.

Although she didn't win the contest, she was still offered a job, which in itself is an even bigger victory. He still wanted her on air.

So, she is supposed to call on Monday to work out the details.

Thanks again, from both of us, for all of your support. I'll keep everyone updated on how things go.

On one hand, I should say congratulations because of the job.

On the other, I realize that means you're stuck in Johnstown, so I'm torn. ;)

Regardless, congrats to the Mrs. and, if you don't mind me asking, what else exactly 'counted' in the choosing?

Well, she had her meeting with the station manager and here it goes:

They offered her an on-air position, weeknights from 7-midnight, on one of the company's other stations and a hosting a pre-recorded (80's Hair-Band Theme, FTW) weekly show that airs Saturdays.

All-in-all, this will pay better and be more hours than the other position she was going for, further strengthening our suspicions that they rigged it for her to lose. We are not sure when she will be starting, but this will work out to our advantage schedule-wise.

Again, congrats.

Now, am I right to infer that the station she'll be on is 99, since they do the hair bands on Sat? I'm asking only because, with the times you gave, if that *is* the station, I'm worried that means they'd be ditching Alice Cooper and, if so, that means she better do a damn good job, since that's the only thing that gets me through work at night. ;)

Seriously, I'm glad to hear that she got an even better position than the one she was going for. :D

[quote name='007']Again, congrats.

Now, am I right to infer that the station she'll be on is 99, since they do the hair bands on Sat? I'm asking only because, with the times you gave, if that *is* the station, I'm worried that means they'd be ditching Alice Cooper and, if so, that means she better do a damn good job, since that's the only thing that gets me through work at night. ;)

Seriously, I'm glad to hear that she got an even better position than the one she was going for. :D[/quote]

Actually, the Saturday night show is on 99. The 7-midnight is on 92, so you don't have to worry. ;)

UPDATE:

I just found the job listing for what she was offered:

WJHT/WWOT -Johnstown-Altoona
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING AIRCHECKS AND RESUMES FOR
7 P.M.-MID ANNOUNCER, EXPERIENCE PREFERRED

DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:

40 hour work week, including a weekend airshift, to be determined. Weekday hours, with an unpaid one hour for lunch, can be adjusted to accommodate weekend shift.

Weekday airshift is 7 P.M. - Midnight. Prospective job candidate should be proficient with phones and requests.
Station production, as assigned, Monday through Friday. Experience with Cool Edit Pro is helpful.
Availability for Live Action Broadcasts, as well as radio station and community service events.
Competitive wages, based on experience.
Benefits, including 401K

So, yes, this job is 100x better than that morning position, which was only part-time. Full-time + benefits? Yes, please!

bread's done
Back