Retro City Rampage PS4 Reprint

Oisterboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
http://vblank-entertainment.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/retro-city-rampage-dx-ps4-retail-gold-variant-psp-display-set

Not sure how many people are interested, or if you'd consider this a deal or not. I got mine for $35 and change shipped...if you're looking for a physical copy and wanted one you've been looking at over $100 until now. So yeah, here's your chance to grab this on the low. MSRP but I guess I'd call it a deal?

First 1000 come with digital codes...those might be sold out.

First 3000 come with some bonus extras, look at the link. Numbered edition of 3000, then however many after that don't have the numbered variant covers. You get a PSP case and manual but no UMD since they're OOP now. 

5uHY0VL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So this comes with a psp display case and manual but no way to actually play it on my psp?

digital or otherwise or am I missing something?

So this comes with a psp display case and manual but no way to actually play it on my psp?

digital or otherwise or am I missing something?
You're missing something. As he already posted on his website, the PSP version is up on PSN, right now. If you already have a digital PSN copy of the game, than the PSP version is available to you. (it's cross-buy across the board) You can download it off PSN and play it on your PSP immediately.

It's going to take days for the remaining stock to sell. I'm actually wondering if there will ever be a non-gold variant of the game at this point. The reorder quantities for PS4 games are high enough where I kind of don't foresee vBlank bothering past the 3K gold copies.

I'd love to know the breakdown of new customers vs people who already bought the first release. I have to imagine many of the people who were demanding a reprint did not put their money where their mouth was.

You're missing something. As he already posted on his website, the PSP version is up on PSN, right now. If you already have a digital PSN copy of the game, than the PSP version is available to you. (it's cross-buy across the board) You can download it off PSN and play it on your PSP immediately.
thanks for the cross buy info but what I meant was this particular purchase doesn't come with any access to playing it on the psp with out a separate psn purchase, is this correct?

It's going to take days for the remaining stock to sell. I'm actually wondering if there will ever be a non-gold variant of the game at this point. The reorder quantities for PS4 games are high enough where I kind of don't foresee vBlank bothering past the 3K gold copies.

I'd love to know the breakdown of new customers vs people who already bought the first release. I have to imagine many of the people who were demanding a reprint did not put their money where their mouth was.
Maybe, though a couple people I talked to yesterday were like "When are they supposed to go on sale anyway?". So really it almost feels more like it wasn't advertised enough. I got an email because I bought it the first go around and I frequent here, that is probably a small percentage of people that are possible buyers. The most damning evidence of this is that there isn't some idiot on ebay yet trying to sell pre-buys like they do with your Limited Runs.

The first run was 2000 units, so yes, this is significantly slower than that one if it's only selling 50-60 units a day.
Had to look back at the original post. Sold out after a day so yeah. But still, compared to those other trash limited run games that sell out after a minute, a day was forever. Also I'm really happy they changed the art. Makes it so the first print is still valuable.

One reason I'm buying this is to support the developer, so that maybe he can release Shakedown Hawaii in physical format. Love the art style of SH and looking forward to its release.

One reason I'm buying this is to support the developer, so that maybe he can release Shakedown Hawaii in physical format. Love the art style of SH and looking forward to its release.
Yeah, I've bought every version offered so far to help support Brian, as he did great work on all versions, and SDH is looking awesome as well. I'm sure we can expect some physical versions for that game as well.

I talked to him and he said that he is planning on releasing it physically and hes considering doing it on the 3ds as well.

I talked to him and he said that he is planning on releasing it physically and hes considering doing it on the 3ds as well.
3ds too? wow
Yeah, he's said a few times if I remember correctly, that the 3DS version sold the most digital copies on all the platforms. So I think he feels a loyalty to that device, and really, I like how this guy thinks, "I have a popular product, and I'm going to sale and sale and sale, until they stop buying.

I honestly have 4-5 versions of RCR, that's fuck ing ridiculous. But each time there's something that's to cool to pass on, and I buy it again. Damn I'm weak! LOL

Its STILL in stock?!
Yeah, there are taking preorders until it's time for production, and then they order the pre-order amount plus a "%", so then they'll have enough for new orders. So they will probably keep taking orders until 1-2 months before release.

If it was the Vita reprint, they probably would've closed orders that same day it opened because they would've been maxed out. ;D

Has anyone gotten their copy yet? I haven't gotten any emails about when it's suppose to ship, it's been a few weeks now...

I got my copy today, but I never received any of the digital keys, even tho I was within the first 1000.

Also putting the "individually numbered" sticker on the cellophane is pretty dumb.

A bunch of people getting good theirs over at lrg forums. Mines trapped in usps limbo. But I used my code so I'll keep it sealed.

A bunch of people getting good theirs over at lrg forums. Mines trapped in usps limbo. But I used my code so I'll keep it sealed.
Mine shipped 8 days ago and was supposed to be delivered today but it didn't reach the post office until 10 AM, meaning it missed today's delivery...:whistle2:/

And it looks like it finally sold out. It was still in stock as of a few days ago when I last checked.

I got number 16. And I was worried I didn't make it in the first 1000 when I ordered lol.

Got mine yesterday and it is pretty decent.  Although, would have been nice if they had done gold foil for the lettering rather than just gold ink to distinguish the first 1000 copies.  Other than that, I am satisfied for $35.

bread's done
Back