Revolution $367 at Amazon (FR).

botticus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
If I spoke French, then I would be able to tell you if this was actually in my cart or not.

http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/videogames/B0009PRCNE/pictures/171-6269118-3992259

Release date: June 16, 2006. Taking this with a couple buckets full of salt, but its interesting to see anything out there at all. And even if that price is accurate, notice that everything is pricier there. i.e. Zelda: TP is listed at 49.99EU, which is about US$60. That would make the equivalent price of the Revolution more like... $300.

Credit to Joystiq: http://www.gametab.com/news/349086/

[quote name='cyrix`']I think this is just as real as the ps3 up on amazon[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be surprised, but to their credit (Amazon FR), they have all three next-gen consoles listed. 360 and PS3 at 100 euros more.

[quote name='suko_32']I wonder what the U.S. price will be. It better not be $399[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it will retail at 300 but you never know, goddam greedy gaming industry.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']Hopefully it will retail at 300 but you never know, goddam greedy gaming industry.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because you know, Nintendo has a track record of charging a lot for it's consoles. Get real. I'm still guessing $199

Yea, I could have sworn Nintendo was making their system less complicated specifially to have their launch cost be substantially lower than Sony and M$.

I call :bs:

[quote name='botticus']If I spoke French, then I would be able to tell you if this was actually in my cart or not.

http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/videogames/B0009PRCNE/pictures/171-6269118-3992259

Release date: June 16, 2006. Taking this with a couple buckets full of salt, but its interesting to see anything out there at all. And even if that price is accurate, notice that everything is pricier there. i.e. Zelda: TP is listed at 49.99EU, which is about US$60. That would make the equivalent price of the Revolution more like... $300.

Credit to Joystiq: http://www.gametab.com/news/349086/[/QUOTE]

didnt nintendo already say their system will be priced lower then the xbox 2 and ps3. I heard the new nintendo system will not cross the 199 price tag

would you people who are supporting the revolution over the other 2 consoles still support it if it was the same price as the xbox 360 or the ps3?

[quote name='swetooth9']would you people who are supporting the revolution over the other 2 consoles still support it if it was the same price as the xbox 360 or the ps3?[/QUOTE]

Yes, if by support you mean still not buying it at launch.

Atari VCS launched in 1977 for $249.99

Nintendo Entertainment System launched in 1985 for $199.99

SEGA Genesis launched in 1989 for $249.99

NeoGeo launched in 1990 for $699.99

Super Nintendo launched in 1991 for $199.99

Jaguar launched in 1993 for $249.99

3DO Interactive Multiplayer launched in 1993 for $699.95

SEGA Saturn launched in 1995 for $399.99

PlayStation launched in 1995 for $299.99

Nintendo 64 launched in 1996 for $199.99

SEGA Dreamcast launched in 1999 for $199.99

PlayStation 2 launched in 2000 for $299.99

Xbox launched in 2001 for $299.99

GameCube launched in 2001 for $199.99

info here: http://www.g4tv.com/features/52317/Putting_Xbox_360s_Price_in_Context.html

[quote name='pimp tyranny']nintendo deserves a higher spot on the game console food chain[/QUOTE]

I concur. If the revo comes out $199, I'm getting that first. Then later a PS3.

[quote name='suko_32']I concur. If the revo comes out $199, I'm getting that first. Then later a PS3.[/QUOTE]

Hell, I might even get it at launch if its at that price, as long as its a decent bundle.

Is there any point in posting prices like this for things that won't be released for more than a year? I don't want to sound like I'm abusing anyone, but would anybody really pre-order this right now?

[quote name='Sleepkyng']Damn, the dreamcast was only 199 at launch?

What happened?[/QUOTE]

Playstation 2 hype killed it coupled with the fact people were still a little weary to support Sega.

I swear Dreamcast games from 5 years ago look as good as most of today's games. I still say next to the NES and SNES, its probably my favorite system.

[quote name='Draconian Wolf']Playstation 2 hype killed it coupled with the fact people were still a little weary to support Sega.[/QUOTE]

Can't forget that about two weeks earlier, Sony dropped the PS One to only $99.

Well, I don't know if they can keep new consoles rigidly at a $199.99 launch MSRP much longer. It's just inflation. Given what we now know about the 360 and what we can safely assume about the PS3, I think the Revolution launching at even $249.99 would still be a great deal.

I'll happily pay the extra fifty bucks provided that they show me that it'll have a decent library and solid third-party support. Still, I have this fear that there'll be an even MORE disproportionate amount of 'Kirbyesque' titles. Ahem.

[quote name='CheapyD']My guess is that Nintendo doesn't even know the price yet.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. For god's sake, the controller doesn't even have a final design! They don't know what it'll cost to make it so they don't know what to charge, so please stop looking for prices! When a real price is announced, it will be posted!

[quote name='Scorch']Exactly. For god's sake, the controller doesn't even have a final design! They don't know what it'll cost to make it so they don't know what to charge, so please stop looking for prices! When a real price is announced, it will be posted![/QUOTE]

Well, actually the controller may have a final design:

http://www.gametab.com/news/348811/

We just haven't seen it yet.

Edit: and no, the image in the article is not presumed to be the controller.

Have any other retailers started taking pre-orders? This could just be Amazon's way of being first on the pre-order bandwagon. You know that the EBs and GameStops of the retail world were naming 360 prices before it was announced.

As long as Nintendo launches with Mario 128 or their WiFi Smash Bros then I will support the system. However, given the fact that they can't even get a high calibur game such as Zelda out in time for Christmas, like we all thought they would, I think Nintendo is getting quite good a dissapointing the fans (especially the NES generation of fans such as myself who have been loyal since day 1).

i think i have to agree with cheapy that no price has been decided, THOUGH I do have to say they have been planning that no matter what M$ and Sony price their systems at, Nintendo's will be cheaper.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']i think i have to agree with cheapy that no price has been decided, THOUGH I do have to say they have been planning that no matter what M$ and Sony price their systems at, Nintendo's will be cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Definitely, I'm sure it's all guesswork at this point. But let's expect something between $200 and $300.

[quote name='Draconian Wolf']Playstation 2 hype killed it coupled with the fact people were still a little weary to support Sega.[/QUOTE]
That and the fact of the saturn crapping out didnt help

[quote name='cyrix`']That and the fact of the saturn crapping out didnt help[/QUOTE]

And, no EA support (people -as is causal gamers- love their Madden)

[quote name='swetooth9']would you people who are supporting the revolution over the other 2 consoles still support it if it was the same price as the xbox 360 or the ps3?[/QUOTE]

Yes for me at least. It's not about price for me (although that certainly is a good thing), but games. I've been more than happy with GameCube over PS2 and Xbox, was happy with N64 more than Playstation, SNES more than Genesis, and of course the happiest with NES. Not going against that track record.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']Damn, the dreamcast was only 199 at launch?

What happened?[/QUOTE]

Sega 32X flopped.

Sega CD flopped.

Sega Saturn flopped (in the US).

People saw a trend and bailed.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Well, I don't know if they can keep new consoles rigidly at a $199.99 launch MSRP much longer. It's just inflation. Given what we now know about the 360 and what we can safely assume about the PS3, I think the Revolution launching at even $249.99 would still be a great deal.

I'll happily pay the extra fifty bucks provided that they show me that it'll have a decent library and solid third-party support. Still, I have this fear that there'll be an even MORE disproportionate amount of 'Kirbyesque' titles. Ahem.[/QUOTE]

I'm not fucking paying $250 especially when gas prices and other things are going up as well as some Americans not even getting a "Cost Of Living" raise. $200 I'd pay without blinking however. This isn't about inflation so don't give me that load of crap. Nintendo can adjust hardwarewise to make it hit the $200 mark comfortably.

I'm not ing paying $250 especially when gas prices and other things are going up as well as some Americans not even getting a "Cost Of Living" raise. $200 I'd pay without blinking however. This isn't about inflation so don't give me that load of crap. Nintendo can adjust hardwarewise to make it hit the $200 mark comfortably.

You really can't say the inflation thing is a load of crap. Check the inflation calculator on the us gov site below:
http://www.bls.gov/cpi/home.htm

$200 in 1985 is the same buying power as $363.20 in 2005!

Though better and cheaper hardware manufacturing must completely offsets this...

It makes PS3 and X360 prices seem in range. It is funny though. I was willing to pay $2000 on my first PC and it sucked (around 1990), I would pay $500-1000 on a PC today. So while we're willing to spend more on gaming, we'll spend less on PC hardware (I'd bet that is a trend and not just me).

[quote name='cyrix`']I think this is just as real as the ps3 up on amazon[/QUOTE]

But my step cousin told me that the PS3 was released in Japan in later 2000!!!

Literally, the PS3 came out when the PS2 did. Then he saiit again last year sometime that the PS3 has come out in Japan .

Yes he's a dumbass.

[quote name='tolhurst']And, no EA support (people -as is causal gamers- love their Madden)[/QUOTE]

man i cant believe you said that. yes, EA was once a company with high calibur games but quickly went downhill and ppl keep buying there crap. madden sucks lets face it and yes i am prepared for a beating. is it only popular because of the support from genesis days? i dont get it. ive played WAY better football games. and how bout all the recycled crap like nfsu. but ppl buy it cuz its "gangsta". so dumb. how about there domination of the industry cuz idiots keep buying this crap. this leaves little developers with actual creativity to keep making great games. oh and madden 2006 AND ncaa 06 are glitchfests. i love scoring a touchdown when my wr dives outside of the endzone and i like when the ball sticks to a receivers chest and never catches it. yes i literally had the ball stcuk in his chest spinning rapidly. terrible.

[quote name='tayaf69']As long as Nintendo launches with Mario 128 or their WiFi Smash Bros then I will support the system. However, given the fact that they can't even get a high calibur game such as Zelda out in time for Christmas, like we all thought they would, I think Nintendo is getting quite good a dissapointing the fans (especially the NES generation of fans such as myself who have been loyal since day 1).[/QUOTE]

You know...one of the reasons that nintendo has high calibur titles is that, its one of the few companies who WONT release a game before they feel is finished just to "milk the cow" in time for Christmas.

I think that as a nintendo fan "from day 1" you would be happy at what nintendo has been doing. First off, the fact that you can download games from the days of nintendo to revolution, and the fact you can play gamecube games on revolution is a biggie. Secondly, the fact that they try to keep units, gaming units(not super mega pcs!), to keep the price down is a great thing as well.

Ive said this before and ill say it again, every nintendo system ive bought, i own to this day and have never had to replace. Closest thing to that is replacing my pin connector to get rid of blinking on NES. Ive replaced 3 ps2s since it launched and i think i had like 4 ps1s. The quality and durability Nintendo puts into its products, make me a loyal fan and im not disappointed at all.

[quote name='hatim813']why is it that the nintendo is getting much less publicity than the other 2 consoles?[/QUOTE]

Cause their current marketshare is probably... almost half that of XBox? Which is almost half that of PS2. Pretty much the same reason you see next to no Gamecube titles on the shelves in stores. So until they start releasing more info and generating some buzz, it's gonna be pretty low-key.

Hell, I was shocked yesterday when I saw a Madden commercial that ended with the GameCube, GBA, and DS logos. No XBox or PS2.

[quote name='Graystone']Seems like $400 is the price point for all consoles now.[/QUOTE]

I will bet my bag of Keebler Chips Deluxe that the Revolution is nowhere near $400.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']Hopefully it will retail at 300 but you never know, goddam greedy gaming industry.[/QUOTE]

Greedy? You have to be kidding me. Those parts cost a lot more then you pay.

Yeah revolution can't be near $400 (much less). I think it will be $200-$250 (we're all speculating here eh? :p)

I don't think the gaming industry is greedy either. just trying to make a profit, fortunately/unfortunately all public companies are under the microscope for growth and profit

With Nintendo saying that they're bringing gaming back to its roots, I'd like to see a bundle for $250 --assuming that the system would cost $200-- that comes packed with a 2nd controller and a game, more than likely the new Smash Bros. In my opinion, that would be the best way for Nintendo to make its system fly off the shelves. With a good sized install base, they could easily make the money back that they would be losing on this bundle with their creative and innovative titles that everyone has come to expect from Nintendo.

I'll toss my two cents out there...

I would guess 200 bucks for the Revolution because:
A: Nintendo has a long history of keeping their launch prices down. This includes the DS, GBA, GBA SP, Gamecube, etc...
B: Nintendo has already said that they are forgoing making the Revolution as powerfull as the other consoles because they are focusing on other priorities like game quality, and making it more affordable.

So, if they were anything past 250 they would be both going against their historical price points and going against their stated goal.

If it launches at a 200 dollar price point and plays Gamecube games I'll pick one up at launch.

I also have to jump in on the Dreamcast discussion. I to feel that the old Dreamcast games still hold up. It was a system that was doomed for a lot of reasons, a few bad choices (not supporting Saturn games, no support for dvd format) but primarily because lack of support. First and formost being Sega Japan pulling the plug. Its ironic because the Dreamcast was doing well in Europe, was the largest single day sales total of any entertainment phenominon (since then a Star Wars movie or something might have broken that mark), and to this day the Japanese market still releases games for it. So its really quite sad that they pulled the plug. I firmly believe that had they stuck with it, the Xbox and/or the Gamecube would have been a failure. Instead they fed games to those consoles, helping keep them afloat (Xbox in particular, hell they bundled the Xbox with the Sega GT/Jet Set Radio Future). But... Sega just didn't have deep enough pockets to hold their ground I suppose.

I'd really prefer to be discussing a mini Dreamcast coming out or a DC2 but alas that will never happen... /rant

bread's done
Back