Rez for PS2 $24.99 at ToysRUs (YMMV)

[quote name='sm04as']Is that the one behind King's Plaza?

....If it is I'll see if I can get some....any orders?[/quote]
Yes that's the one.

Sorry I can't pickup any for anyone else as I just happened to be working in that area today and stopped to get a gift for my kids.

anyone willing to sell/trade Rez for something? I've looked all over for this game, but I at this point, I don't think I'm gonna find it.

waxHead

You can PMs "rebthor" ask him/her to pickup a COPY For YOu. Rez $24.99 + Taxe = $27.XX + 3.50 Shipping (Media Mail) + Gas = Around $35 $35 Ship.

Still better deal compare to EBAY .

just picked up a copy at about 6:00 pm est. thanks for posting rebthor. sorry guys, i really wanted to pick up extra copies but i only had exactly 28 dollars on my credit card. its a good thing i didnt buy that pack of gum the other day.
BTW, only 2 copies left. hurry folks.

I'd drive to the store myself if I had enough time over the next few days. I fear by the time I'll get to the store, these will be gone.

anyone able to pick up an extra one?

[quote name='sm04as']I called them....kind of think they're gone already. Or they wised up and just took it for themselves.[/quote]

craptacular :?

I know....they kept putting me on hold and transferring me around...and then putting me on hold again. If I had known about this just a few hours earlier, I would have gone there in person.

[quote name='sm04as']I called them....kind of think they're gone already. Or they wised up and just took it for themselves.[/quote]

if youve ever been to that TRU before you'd know that they would have no idea what this game is worth. they arent very pleasant either so they probably just didnt want to check for you.

I've been there a few times. I guess you're right...they seem annoyed if you ask them to price check things.

The guy who I ultimately was able to talk to was telling me to come "every day" so I could see if the game was in because they were always getting games....yeah, like I want to see them everyday.

You know....I kept wondering what this whole REZ thing was about. So I got my hands on a copy of the dreamcast version. Now I understand...I can't put it down. I HATE THIS MUSIC TOO but for this game it is really cool how it works. If anyone can grab me a PS2 copy at this price that would rock.

JT2K3, I am going to TRU this weekend, If i find one ill pick one up for you. Im not a big fan of Rez, i played it when it first came out on DC...IMO i think that the fact that it has a lower print run+Druggies like it+shooter fans like it, are supporting its higher price.

[quote name='Theenternal']JT2K3, I am going to TRU this weekend, If i find one ill pick one up for you. Im not a big fan of Rez, i played it when it first came out on DC...IMO i think that the fact that it has a lower print run+Druggies like it+shooter fans like it, are supporting its higher price.[/quote]

I'm still looking for a copy as well. if there are any extra, please grab one for me, thanks!

my cc has one, marked at 50, dont know how much it actually costs. imo, its my fave ps2 game. i think its an incredible experience. not much in terms of gameplay, but its just beutiful. my dad called it art.

was anyone able to find new copies of this game?

if someone found an extra copy, please PM me, I'd be happy to buy it.

thanks!

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']my cc has one, marked at 50, dont know how much it actually costs. imo, its my fave ps2 game. i think its an incredible experience. not much in terms of gameplay, but its just beutiful. my dad called it art.[/quote]

I agree, I finally found the game finally for $28 new and it's one of the most interesting games in my collection. I've been into Trance/Progressive House music for about 6 years now (no longer go to raves though, too old now) and this game seems to fuse the music I love with some of my favorite games of all time (Space Harrier and Panzar Dragoon). I've been playing it all weekend and find my self replaying the levels I have completed just to listen to the music. The visuals are also very unique. They remind me of some of my favorite movies when I was in elementary school like Tron and the Last Starfighter. Maybe I can seek in another round of Stage 3 before I go to work today....

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']my cc has one, marked at 50, dont know how much it actually costs. imo, its my fave ps2 game. i think its an incredible experience. not much in terms of gameplay, but its just beutiful. my dad called it art.[/quote]

SneakyPenguin,

check your PMs.

[quote name='MadFlava']
I agree, I finally found the game finally for $28 new and it's one of the most interesting games in my collection. I've been into Trance/Progressive House music for about 6 years now (no longer go to raves though, too old now) and this game seems to fuse the music I love with some of my favorite games of all time (Space Harrier and Panzar Dragoon).[/quote]

I heard about the music in this game, one of the biggest reasons I want to try it out. I spin my own trance & prog trance/house, so I'd absolutely love to hear the stuff in this game. being a big shooter fan also plays into it a bit as well :D

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']the music in this game is incredible. for a small sampling go here. its soo good im gonna get the cd from videogamsdepot.com. its a bit simple for a shooter, but its soo damn fun.

My Review of rez[/quote]

you have to be kidding me... the music f$#*in ROCKS! fairly slow bpm, almost down-tempo in style, but it's DAMN GOOD.

makes me wanna head home and fire up my mixer and decks right now... :D

SneakyPenguin, thanks for the audio link and review, this is great ;)

EDIT:

you want to hear a great breakbeat/trance song? check out:

www.graylabel.net

then wait for the site to load. on the right side of the page, click on the GrayRadio button, which will open a Flash audio player. find the song remixed by Grayarea in my sig, Blackwatch & Greed's "Gentle Rain (Grayarea's Dismembered Mix)". click on it, and it'll load and start playing. good stuff.

heh...

also check out "Emerald (Grayarea's Speakeasy Mix)"... 8)

most of the songs are fairly high tempo, more techno/rave. fear (the one that was mixed) is imo the best. its slow, builds on itself, and is just plain awsome.

SailorChrono my store has a few left... I could be willing to go get you one in exchange for a certain game.... lol

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']the music in this game is incredible. for a small sampling go here. its soo good im gonna get the cd from videogamsdepot.com. its a bit simple for a shooter, but its soo damn fun.

My Review of rez[/quote]

Hey thanks for the link to www.ocremix.org. These remixes for videogame music is awesome. I finally found a place where I can download songs from my favorite videogame composer of all time, Yuzo Koshiro. For those who don't know him, he did the music to Revenge of Shinobi, Streets of Rage 1-3, Actraiser, and most recently Shenmue. It was this videogame music that really got me hooked on electronic music in the first place. I definitely recommend the Streets of Rage remixes on this site. They are awesome.

[quote name='waxHead']would someone please pick me up a sealed copy of this game?

I'll do my best to make it worth your while 8)[/quote]

ditto here...except i might make the 20min trip today and look for some copies near me.

slightly off topic, wax head, grayare rawk. i'm seeing shadow in two days in beantown. you might be familiar but i just watched an incredible film using various songs from entroducing, psyence fiction, etc. dark days http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0235327/. i don't suppose you found this site via the old naughtybooth, hah :)

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']the music in this game is incredible. for a small sampling go here. its soo good im gonna get the cd from videogamsdepot.com. its a bit simple for a shooter, but its soo damn fun.[/quote]
Yea, that's the OC remix w/ the stuff from Dune. That remix is in my main playlist on my iPod. ;)

[quote name='resident'][quote name='waxHead']would someone please pick me up a sealed copy of this game?

I'll do my best to make it worth your while 8)[/quote]

ditto here...except i might make the 20min trip today and look for some copies near me.

slightly off topic, wax head, grayare rawk. i'm seeing shadow in two days in beantown. you might be familiar but i just watched an incredible film using various songs from entroducing, psyence fiction, etc. dark days http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0235327/. i don't suppose you found this site via the old naughtybooth, hah :)[/quote]

resident,

yeah, I love Grayarea. both their own tunes and their remixes are amazing. they're definitely one of the better producers doing breakbeat/prog trance at the moment. they just released a promo 12" on Hope called "Gravity", haven't picked it up yet. hmm... think I might do that right now ;)

about the Shadow show, is that the Quannum tour w/ Blackalicious, Latyrx, etc? I'm seein him down in NYC on the 19th at Irving Plaza, probably the fourth or fifth time I'll have seen him in NYC. he always puts on an incredible show, caught him during his Private Press tour a few times about a year ago.

I've never seen Dark Days, always meant to rent or buy it. I do have his 45 that was released about the time the movie came out, might've guessed that by my screen name 8) heard it's a terrific film, just haven't caught it on dvd yet.

as for cheapassgamer.com, I started goin to fatwallet.com after I used slickdeals.net for a while. then I kept wondering where the v-game stuff would come from, and found a post where someone mentioned this site... now I find myself here, a billion unopened games and a few systems later, but not much poorer :D

RIP naughtybooth, it cornered the market on NYC nightlife sites, too bad it went down.

nice! i'll check it out when i get home. i've seen shadow's last tour and it was ace, i'm looking forward to this even though it's more the hip-hop style. (btw, dark days is available for ten bucks from the same rez link. i can not stress to you enough how much you will love this movie, seriously)

back on topic, no rez to be found in framingham, ma. i might pull the truigger on the $50 link if still available :eek:

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='bvaldez']In case anyone's interested, bestprices.com has Rez back in stock (since it was part of the original topic).

http://www.uln.com/cgi-bin/vlink/010086630084IE[/quote]

thanks so much, just ordered it.

all my previous attempts to get this game fell through :x[/quote]

so I received a package from BestPrices.com today, opened it up, and found... Sega Bass Fishing Duel for the PS 2 :evil:

suck.

I already called customer service, they're suposedly sending out Rez and mailer to return SBFD, but I fear the remaining copies of Rez are already gone.

anyone else receive Rez (or some wonderful replacement) from BestPrices?

[quote name='waxHead']
so I received a package from BestPrices.com today, opened it up, and found... Sega Bass Fishing Duel for the PS 2 :evil:

suck.

I already called customer service, they're suposedly sending out Rez and mailer to return SBFD, but I fear the remaining copies of Rez are already gone.

anyone else receive Rez (or some wonderful replacement) from BestPrices?[/quote]

Ugh. I'm dreading going home now. That's the second time I've read that this happened.

bread's done
Back