Rez (PS2) $45.53 @ Overstock

This game was reprinted by gamequestdirect.com. They have in on their main page for $44.99 as well.

Just in case the overstock.com ones are gone.

TBW

REPOST:

It's been reprinted and places like Amazon and Gamequestdirect have it for similar prices...good try though! :)

Yeah, gamequestdirect.com has 'em, too.

I've been tempted to order another one, but I'm happy with the mint copy I found at a garage sale.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Is this game really worth the $45 it sells for? I mean worth for playing not for investement/rarity.[/QUOTE]

not really

So really, aside from the game formerly being a rarity, is it any good? As in, is it a game that's truly great and worth spending $45 on?

yeah the price is too high for such an old game (and a reprint) but i went ahead and got one anyways, so thats 10 minus my 1.

[quote name='Arakias']yeah the price is too high for such an old game (and a reprint) but i went ahead and got one anyways, so thats 10 minus my 1.[/QUOTE]
Suckers!

i'd buy it for $10.
it's a great concept, but the music is pretty old. that kind of techno sounds cheesy nowadays imo (though the coldcut track still sounds pretty good)
the game play is fun though.

I hope they make a new one with new music!

I absolutely love this game so I have no clue what you guys are talking about. I actually wanted to buy a copy recently for a friend of mine. Anyone know if since Amazon and Overstock have these whether Fry's will get some? That's how it's been with other GQD reprints.

Dangalang. I saw it a couple months ago at a store used for $10. I passed it up because the price was so low I figured the game wasn't very good. I asked a friend about it who said I should have gotten it. Of course when I went back it was gone.

[quote name='Chacrana']So really, aside from the game formerly being a rarity, is it any good? As in, is it a game that's truly great and worth spending $45 on?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the game is really cool... I have it on the Dreamcast. music/graphics mix really nicely - sort of a weird mix of Tron, Space Harrier, and the DDR type dance games. My 6 year old also loves it - he can play thorugh the entire game.

I rented it a few months ago. It wasn't amazing, but it was pretty good and had a great atmosphere. It's too short for $45 though; I'd say around $20-30 is more appropriate.

Yeah pretty pricey! They should port this to PSP, it would be a perfect fit, and apparently is in enough demand if these guys are getting $45 for it.

Great game though..

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Is this game really worth the $45 it sells for? I mean worth for playing not for investement/rarity.[/QUOTE]

If you have the Trance Vibrator for whatever reason and a girlfriend/fiancee/wife with an open mind towards gaming and otherwise, perhaps. Otherwise, not so much.

But why would someone have the Vibrator without the game...?

[quote name='Kapwanil']If you have the Trance Vibrator for whatever reason and a girlfriend/fiancee/wife with an open mind towards gaming and otherwise, perhaps. Otherwise, not so much.

But why would someone have the Vibrator without the game...?[/QUOTE]

LOL

Anyways i'll get this for $20 eventualy i hope.

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Wow, so much for it being a GQD exclusive.[/QUOTE]From what I understand, GQD put up the money for the reprint, so not only do they get a much higher percentage of the profit than a retailer normally would, they have the right to resell these new copies out to retailers like Gamestop, Overstock, etc. That's why titles like this and Gitaroo Man (also reprinted by GQD) seem to suddenly show up everywhere a little while after the reprint happens.

Let's just say if you're in the niche that Rez caters to, then it could be arguably one of the greatest games of all time. Otherwise, as a standalone for mainstream/casual gamers, it's value is argumentative, but 45 is not a bad price at all for it, especially if you're into unlocking everything and getting highest-scores type of gamer...personally along with Ikaruga, they rank no. 1 and 2 best of the "shooter-genre" of the existing current gen consoles; let's just say even before the reprint, when it was selling for plus 100-150, I wouldn't get rid of it unless I had 2 copies on hand, it's that good, at least to me.

...but then again, this is CAG, so probably 45 is asking a little too much for most. Quick note, the game is a purple back though (CD), so it might not play on some PS2 that are CD-Rom sensitive...

Trance vibrator availability, I've seen them for sale on ebay I believe, however, I'm not sure they're compatible with US systems, so better check first. Never played with it though, but I bet that would be pretty cool.

wow.. the cheapest price on ebay for the trance vibrator is $52.99 before shipping... i guess i'll have to hold out a bit longer

[quote name='soulwish2003']Thanks, $16 shipped is sick... I picked one up...

I plan on picking up a Japanese PS2 in the future...[/QUOTE]

That's what CAGS are for!!!!!!

[quote name='metrocardx']wow.. the cheapest price on ebay for the trance vibrator is $52.99 before shipping... i guess i'll have to hold out a bit longer[/QUOTE]

Damn. Those used to sell for $25-30. Price goes down on game, price goes up on trance vibrator. Go figure.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Is this game really worth the $45 it sells for? I mean worth for playing not for investement/rarity.[/quote]

Nope, this game is medicore at best, and even if you do end up enjoying it, its not the type of game you want to pay too much for.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']not really[/QUOTE]

This game is awesome and worth the money if you are into shooters. It has good music and a interesting graphical style. If you are looking for a graphical powerhouse, I would look elsewhere, though. If my opinion it is worth the money!

[quote name='dracula']just wait for the price to drop to about $25 used on ebay(the way all the rest of the gqd games do)[/QUOTE]

i dunno. once Gitaroo man and Rez are gone, they'll go up in price again. maybe for persona 2 also. not for rhapsody though...i think some people had a rude awakening when they realized they paid $35 for a game about a singing loli fairy chick...

I only played Rez for the first time about 6 months ago, and I thought it was brilliant...and I'm not into that kind of music at all (or music games in generally, really).

If you're skeptical, I'd say $45 is a bit too much of a risk...but definitely try it out at some point, it's a fantastic game.

What else has GQD done lately? They've been pretty sleepy aside from the (obviously significant) business they're doing with Rez.

Is the game import friendly? Meaning do you have to know Japanese to play it? I would assume there's not alot of language in it. Also, what's the cheapest way to play import games on my PS 2?

[quote name='duran603']Is the game import friendly? Meaning do you have to know Japanese to play it? I would assume there's not alot of language in it. Also, what's the cheapest way to play import games on my PS 2?[/QUOTE]

The game is reprinted, taking it down from the $150 range it used to sit in to normal retail levels, and people are still talking about buying the fukkin import for cheap instead... beautiful. You are a true CAG.

Rez is one of my favorite games ever, it's definitely worth a try by everybody. The people who said "meh" in this thread clearly don't get it, and that's ok, but if you're one of those people who do "get it", Rez is untouchable.

Thanks OP! Had to pick one up (finally). I have a feeling I'm going to love it seeing as I love Gitaroo-Man, Mad Maestro, Space Channel 5, and the like.

Thanks, OP. After waiting nearly 3 years for a deal on this, I finally bit the bullet and got it.

Wish CheapyD had a link to buy it for him to get credit for it.

GRRR got mine today and my PS2 says "DISK READ ERROR"

no scratches on it... it's a purple disk (data side)

[quote name='njchris']GRRR got mine today and my PS2 says "DISK READ ERROR"

no scratches on it... it's a purple disk (data side)[/QUOTE]
Some older PS2 have issues with reading CD's(purple/blue bottom discs) Your CD laser may be wearing out. This is common on heavily used older PS2's.

Try putting 4 pieces of scotch tape around the middle of the disk in a box. This always solves the problem. Just make sure to get as close to the middle as possible and on the top side (picture side).

bread's done
Back