Rich dont pay enough but poor people dont pay any and people fine with that

[quote name='slidecage']so give me one reason why she should be able to sit on her ass all day while the rest of the people have to work for a living[/QUOTE]

They have to live next to you.

[quote name='slidecage']funny all people can do is name call i have yet to hear one reason

why these people should be able to sit at home all day and live off the wages of other instead of getting a job

no one force them to have a child

no one force them to have a 2nd child when they could not even support the first one

and then they have a 3rd and a 4th.

and still not one reason why they should be given free cash and on top of that a TAX REBATE check when they never paid a penny into the system in the first place.

we have one of these people living right next to us now. on section 8 and what pisses me off the most one of the children just tossed a football though the front window and busted it.. what did the mother said

I dont care its not our house ....

one of their kids stuck some kind of wood log into the washer and busted it flooding out the entire first floor and ruined the living room carpet again I dont care not my house

even the landlord is sick of it and can not wait until the 3 year lease is up cause he tired to kick her out after the carpet thing and she goes... You kick me out i sue your ass and i will win

house was probally priced at 60 to 70k after these people lived their for 2 years its more like 30k how they ruined it.

and i love how they have no money for rent or food or anything else YET they have a 70 inch flat screen in the living room. a 50 inch flat screen in 2 bedrooms and every single channel on direct tv .. All they do all day is sit on their asses on the front porch waiting for their government check to come

Im sorry but if you cant afford Rent or even basic food for your children you should not have 3 fucking tvs and have 250 direct tv channels

so give me one reason why she should be able to sit on her ass all day while the rest of the people have to work for a living ... what is that no reason I thought so[/QUOTE]

How much time did you spend pecking this shit out? Did you, at any point, stop and realize that no one is going to give an actual response to it anyway because not a single person on cheapassgamer (and likely in the real world too...) takes you seriously?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']How much time did you spend pecking this shit out? Did you, at any point, stop and realize that no one is going to give an actual response to it anyway because not a single person on cheapassgamer (and likely in the real world too...) takes you seriously?[/QUOTE]
Speak for yourself! I want proof with pics!;)

But seriously though. If the houses are 60 to 70k in his area, there are some serious issues going on in that town.

[quote name='nasum']why does everyone forget that you actually need to, you know, work, to get an EITC or welfare?[/QUOTE]
Cause fuck you! That's why!:lol:

[quote name='nasum']why does everyone forget that you actually need to, you know, work, to get an EITC or welfare?[/QUOTE]

Because that requires being informed and not just listening to the welfare queen rhetoric from the right.

Case in point, a month or two ago when Romney/Ryan where hammering Obama for providing waivers to the work requirement, when the situation was the waivers were for states that wanted to impose stricter work requirements.

People just hate the idea of poor people getting hand outs, and just latch on to rhetoric rather than putting in effort into getting informed and understanding how things work.

I think the saddest things about slidecage are: 1)that he isn't a joke account and 2)there's more people out there like him... The latter is what leaves me truly speechless for this country...

[quote name='dohdough']

But seriously though. If the houses are 60 to 70k in his area, there are some serious issues going on in that town.[/QUOTE]

What serious issues are you referring to?

[quote name='chiwii']What serious issues are you referring to?[/QUOTE]

I would imagine the issue is that any area where home values started at 60-70k and have dropped to 30k is already a severely economically depressed area that has more to worry about than "welfare queens."

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I would imagine the issue is that any area where home values started at 60-70k and have dropped to 30k is already a severely economically depressed area that has more to worry about than "welfare queens."[/QUOTE]
That's a bingo.

The dude delivers newspapers for a living. Of course he's going to live in a cheap area.

That said 60-70k for a small house isn't unusual if he's in a small town. The $30k thing was just hyperbolic estimate on his behalf of damage done. I strongly doubt anyone did $30-40k damage to a house. Doesn't cost anywhere near that much to replace carpet, appliances, etc. that could be reasonable destroyed by tenants who didn't burn the damn house down.

[quote name='Knoell']Because they already pay their share. I am not sure how many times I have to tell you this until you understand it or provide some evidence that they don't. At the very least provide some evidence that the current tax rate is decreasing government revenue.....

In fact it is just the opposite, as government revenue increased exponentially the past 5 decades, government spending has increased by a far wider margin. Low tax rates didn't put us in debt, spending did. Your solution: Raise taxes, and spend more!

My posts are garbage? At least I am not reiterating the ridiculous one liner everywhere I go. "The rich need to pay their fair share...", it really is a great slogan to get elected. Who doesn't think their neighbor doesn't deserve what they have![/QUOTE]

I did. The superrich wall street bankers aren't paying their share. Their rate is much lower.

Plus as DD said - Marginal Utility beeyoch (well I paraphrased :D)

[quote name='dmaul1114']The dude delivers newspapers for a living. Of course he's going to live in a cheap area.

That said 60-70k for a small house isn't unusual if he's in a small town. The $30k thing was just hyperbolic estimate on his behalf of damage done. I strongly doubt anyone did $30-40k damage to a house. Doesn't cost anywhere near that much to replace carpet, appliances, etc. that could be reasonable destroyed by tenants who didn't burn the damn house down.[/QUOTE]

you can make fun of me or at cheap 70K house i live in.. AT least i paid for my house MYSELF and am happy with my house .

also about the damage

I know for a fact (from the landlord) they already did 10 to 15K just in the inside of the house ..

blew up the Furnace not once nor twice but 3 times
ripped the doors off the Refrigerator once ..... did something to another one to blow it up
put rocks in the washer to break it
busted out at least 10 of the 15 windows in the house
allow the children to piss and shit on the carpet
drove their cars in the front yard and tore up major holes in the yard
ripped the doors off the shed in the back

Their dryer stopped working but instead of a normal person calling a repair man or the landlord the pull the thing out of the wall and shove it down the front steps Busting the thing all to hell , then the bastards had the guts to tell the landlord, If one of their kids get cut on the busted glass (front of thin) they are going to sue him. They busted it and then they think they can sue if someone gets cut on the glass they made...

landlord tired to get them out 3 times but under section 8 your going to have a hell of a time kicking someone out.

and i know for a fact they are getting welfare and not working cause all they do is sit on the porch and drink beer from 7am to over midnight every freaking day

one of the drunks were out yelling at a rabbit in their yard the other day.. i cant not wait until their 3 years are up next year. Hell even right now your can hear their mouths with all of Our windows and doors closed

love how they keep saying the rich dont pay their share

Rich person who makes 100million even if they pay 1% that is one million bucks they are paying

ONE MILLION IS A HELL OF A LOT MORE THEN YOU ARE

[quote name='slidecage']you can make fun of me or at cheap 70K house i live in.. AT least i paid for my house MYSELF and am happy with my house .

also about the damage

I know for a fact (from the landlord) they already did 10 to 15K just in the inside of the house ..

blew up the Furnace not once nor twice but 3 times
ripped the doors off the Refrigerator once ..... did something to another one to blow it up
put rocks in the washer to break it
busted out at least 10 of the 15 windows in the house
allow the children to piss and shit on the carpet
drove their cars in the front yard and tore up major holes in the yard
ripped the doors off the shed in the back

Their dryer stopped working but instead of a normal person calling a repair man or the landlord the pull the thing out of the wall and shove it down the front steps Busting the thing all to hell , then the bastards had the guts to tell the landlord, If one of their kids get cut on the busted glass (front of thin) they are going to sue him. They busted it and then they think they can sue if someone gets cut on the glass they made...

landlord tired to get them out 3 times but under section 8 your going to have a hell of a time kicking someone out.

and i know for a fact they are getting welfare and not working cause all they do is sit on the porch and drink beer from 7am to over midnight every freaking day

one of the drunks were out yelling at a rabbit in their yard the other day.. i cant not wait until their 3 years are up next year. Hell even right now your can hear their mouths with all of Our windows and doors closed

love how they keep saying the rich dont pay their share

Rich person who makes 100million even if they pay 1% that is one million bucks they are paying

ONE MILLION IS A HELL OF A LOT MORE THEN YOU ARE[/QUOTE]

No fooling - your neighbors are a nightmare!

[quote name='camoor']I did. The superrich wall street bankers aren't paying their share. Their rate is much lower.

Plus as DD said - Marginal Utility beeyoch (well I paraphrased :D)[/QUOTE]

Well I see you have nothing else to say.....

[quote name='dmaul1114']The dude delivers newspapers for a living. Of course he's going to live in a cheap area.

That said 60-70k for a small house isn't unusual if he's in a small town. The $30k thing was just hyperbolic estimate on his behalf of damage done. I strongly doubt anyone did $30-40k damage to a house. Doesn't cost anywhere near that much to replace carpet, appliances, etc. that could be reasonable destroyed by tenants who didn't burn the damn house down.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I was thinking - 60-70k isn't out of line for a modest house in a small town, and it's appropriate for slidecage's apparent salary.

Here's the thing. I have nothing against people who work hard for a living. Delivering newspaper is an honest job. No shame in that.

BUT LEARN TO fuckING WRITE.

Why aren't you mad at the owner of the house for making it a section 8 rental in the first place? Take your anger that way instead!

[quote name='slidecage']funny all people can do is name call i have yet to hear one reason

why these people should be able to sit at home all day and live off the wages of other instead of getting a job [/quote]

You realize your anecdote - one you apparently don't have the full story on (considering people who don't put money into the system can't get a refund) - isn't representative of the entire welfare system. I have yet to see anyone defend your example, quite the contrary. Many have admitted that there are problems with the system that need to be resolved. But, we also realize that there are many people that get welfare because of legitimate reasons like, for example, this woman who has to have dialysis 12 hours a day. It's a fact you either don't seem to be able to wrap your head around or just ignore because it doesn't fit your misled and incorrect worldview that anyone and everyone on welfare is just lazy.

[quote name='dohdough']Speak for yourself! I want proof with pics!;)

But seriously though. If the houses are 60 to 70k in his area, there are some serious issues going on in that town.[/QUOTE]

This

[quote name='Cantatus']You realize your anecdote - one you apparently don't have the full story on (considering people who don't put money into the system can't get a refund) - isn't representative of the entire welfare system. I have yet to see anyone defend your example, quite the contrary. Many have admitted that there are problems with the system that need to be resolved. But, we also realize that there are many people that get welfare because of legitimate reasons like, for example, this woman who has to have dialysis 12 hours a day. It's a fact you either don't seem to be able to wrap your head around or just ignore because it doesn't fit your misled and incorrect worldview that anyone and everyone on welfare is just lazy.[/QUOTE]

Of course. But that is a damn crazy story. I wouldn't want to live near his neighbors either, and if they're allowed to get away with that behavior because they are "section 8" then obviously there is a problem with the system.

When I think back about some of slide's greatest hits in the OT forum, it makes his posts in here seem even more ridiculous.

[quote name='Cantatus']You realize your anecdote - one you apparently don't have the full story on (considering people who don't put money into the system can't get a refund) - isn't representative of the entire welfare system. I have yet to see anyone defend your example, quite the contrary. Many have admitted that there are problems with the system that need to be resolved. But, we also realize that there are many people that get welfare because of legitimate reasons like, for example, this woman who has to have dialysis 12 hours a day. It's a fact you either don't seem to be able to wrap your head around or just ignore because it doesn't fit your misled and incorrect worldview that anyone and everyone on welfare is just lazy.[/QUOTE]

if you read the OP it said

someone who just stays at home having Kids instead of going out and getting a job

Why the hell should we support THEM

[quote name='slidecage']if you read the OP it said

someone who just stays at home having Kids instead of going out and getting a job

Why the hell should we support THEM[/QUOTE]

When talking about welfare, we do have a tendency to avoid talking about the free rider problem.

However I think things are shitty enough for people on welfare that they either want to get out of that situation as soon as possible or are so hopelessly inept/destructive that we either need to give them some money and keep them pacified or give them no money and spend more keeping them incarcerated. It's a utilitarian decision, and I know the principle crowd will disagree, but I'm sayin

[quote name='slidecage']if you read the OP it said

Why the hell should we support THEM[/QUOTE]

Please. Tell us your plan to provide [until adulthood] for the children who did not ask to be born into those circumstances. You have the floor.

edit: I don't want to hear any cop out answers like castrating the parents or making the kids wards of the state. Those ideas never really work out. I want you to tell me how to provide for the children already forced into the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Javery']When you say it that way, $70/week is not a completely horrible amount. My family of 5 spends around $200/week at the food store and we aren't really on any sort of budget (for food). That includes toiletries and all the non-edible stuff you buy at the store as well.[/QUOTE]

Ok Javeryh, spending $200 a week you're buying primarily Organic and Non-GMO Project certified food right?

[quote name='camoor']When talking about welfare, we do have a tendency to avoid talking about the free rider problem.

However I think things are shitty enough for people on welfare that they either want to get out of that situation as soon as possible or are so hopelessly inept/destructive that we either need to give them some money and keep them pacified or give them no money and spend more keeping them incarcerated. It's a utilitarian decision, and I know the principle crowd will disagree, but I'm sayin[/QUOTE]

I am not agreeing with either side here, but this is simply not true. You may think that people on welfare are miserable because they are poor, and don't have all the nice things in life. However, it is not one extreme or the other. They aren't either drug addicts/too sick to work, or people who just need a bit of help who would like to be off welfare.

Many poor people are perfectly content with their lives as they are. You guys seem to take the "want" to better yourself for granted. And some would even take that last sentence as an insult.

This is not to say we shouldn't help those in need, but "need" is subjective.

[quote name='Sarang01']Ok Javeryh, spending $200 a week you're buying primarily Organic and Non-GMO Project certified food right?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I know what this means. Are you implying that $200/week on food + toiletries for 5 people is a lot or a little or just about right? We do buy a lot of organic milk but it's the diapers and wipes that really get you.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Please. Tell us your plan to provide [until adulthood] for the children who did not ask to be born into those circumstances. You have the floor.

edit: I don't want to hear any cop out answers like castrating the parents or making the kids wards of the state. Those ideas never really work out. I want you to tell me how to provide for the children already forced into the world.[/QUOTE]

there are millions of people out there who want to adopt children so there is one way

or dont give them anymore cash when they cant support the children toss them in jail.

i love how you see on the news about how people can have 4 or 5 kids and cant afford them and everyone feels sorry for them..

but if someone goes out and has 4 or 5 dogs or other animals and can not afford them they go THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE PUNISHED AND THROW IN JAIL

[quote name='Javery']I'm not sure I know what this means. Are you implying that $200/week on food + toiletries for 5 people is a lot or a little or just about right? We do buy a lot of organic milk but it's the diapers and wipes that really get you.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, $200 a week ins't excessive for 5 people. Diaper products aren't cheap.

[quote name='slidecage']there are millions of people out there who want to adopt children so there is one way

or dont give them anymore cash when they cant support the children toss them in jail.

i love how you see on the news about how people can have 4 or 5 kids and cant afford them and everyone feels sorry for them..

but if someone goes out and has 4 or 5 dogs or other animals and can not afford them they go THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE PUNISHED AND THROW IN JAIL[/QUOTE]
Throw people in jail for having kids or take them away for being poor...LOLZ

You actually finally hit upon a valid point for once, albeit tangentially: people care more about pets and animals than poor, especially if they're black, kids.

[quote name='dohdough']Yeah, $200 a week ins't excessive for 5 people. Diaper products aren't cheap. [/QUOTE]

Plus, you go through them like crazy. She just started eating cereal so we are about to begin the "pooping every hour phase". Ugh. She is lucky she is so damn cute.

[quote name='dohdough']You actually finally hit upon a valid point for once, albeit tangentially: people care more about pets and animals than poor, especially if they're black, kids.[/QUOTE]

The news definitely does. If you can assume poor people aren't watching the news then they will get better ratings doing a story on animal abuse, unfortunately. I vaguely remember a time when the news would actually report the news instead of worrying about ratings and who is watching but I guess there are just too many options for everyone to get their information nowadays. They need to shock you to get you to watch.

[quote name='Knoell']Many poor people are perfectly content with their lives as they are. You guys seem to take the "want" to better yourself for granted. And some would even take that last sentence as an insult.

This is not to say we shouldn't help those in need, but "need" is subjective.[/QUOTE]

You watch too many movies. You know - the nice ones where the big city lawyer moves to a poor rural town and the poor townfolk teach him a lesson that money isn't everything, and he should slow down and enjoy the simple pleasures like fishing.

Those movies are full of shit. Being poor sucks, and if you ask anyone who is poor whether they would like to make more money they will say yes. If you ask them whether more money would improve their life drastically they will say yes.

[quote name='camoor']You watch too many movies. You know - the nice ones where the big city lawyer moves to a poor rural town and the poor townfolk teach him a lesson that money isn't everything, and he should slow down and enjoy the simple pleasures like fishing.

Those movies are full of shit. Being poor sucks, and if you ask anyone who is poor whether they would like to make more money they will say yes. If you ask them whether more money would improve their life drastically they will say yes.[/QUOTE]

You can ask ANYONE those questions and they would say yes.

Being poor does suck, however you are looking at it from the perspective of "why wouldn't they want to make more money? So why wouldn't they put their best foot forward if they were able?", and in my opinion that is the wrong way to look at it because although anyone will say more money will improve their circumstances, not everyone will put their best foot forward to do it. This isn't to say poor people are lazy, but it is saying that there are people out there who either won't help themselves or think they are perfectly fine where they are at in their lives regardless of whether or not YOU think they are or aren't fine.

And no, I think you are watching too many movies where the poor kid just needs an opportunity, and if he gets that opportunity, he will take it, run with it, and success will follow! That isn't to say that we shouildn't provide those opportunities, just that the opportunity is not always converted into what is best for the beneficiary.

[quote name='Knoell']You can ask ANYONE those questions and they would say yes.

Being poor does suck, however you are looking at it from the perspective of "why wouldn't they want to make more money? So why wouldn't they put their best foot forward if they were able?", and in my opinion that is the wrong way to look at it because although anyone will say more money will improve their circumstances, not everyone will put their best foot forward to do it. This isn't to say poor people are lazy, but it is saying that there are people out there who either won't help themselves or think they are perfectly fine where they are at in their lives regardless of whether or not YOU think they are or aren't fine.

And no, I think you are watching too many movies where the poor kid just needs an opportunity, and if he gets that opportunity, he will take it, run with it, and success will follow! That isn't to say that we shouildn't provide those opportunities, just that the opportunity is not always converted into what is best for the beneficiary.[/QUOTE]

Not true, I was watching a documentary last night and the rich Wall Street guy was admitting that money was a game to him, and he liked making money because he liked to win. More money wouldn't improve his life drastically (look that word up so you know what it means) - money was not life or death to him - money was just a way to keep score. The example he used was that he was mad that he bought a boat and never used it - and he was mad about that because in his mind he was losing money - but he admitted he had far more stuff then he knew what to do with it and making more money had nothing to do with improving his life.

Those Horatio Alger movies are full of shit as well but not for the reasons you think. Poor people are rarely given opportunities, and the ones they get are shitty. For a poor person who happens to have brains, taking a risk doesn't involve asking daddy for an interest free loan like Romney thinks, it means taking on crippling student loan and sacrificing your social life for an education that may or may not pay off in chance to score an overtime all-the-time barely white collar job.

I didn't know you were so ignorant that you bought into the myth that poor people are poor because they are lazy. If I had known you were such a buffoon I wouldn't have wasted my time.

[quote name='dohdough']Yeah, $200 a week ins't excessive for 5 people. Diaper products aren't cheap.

Throw people in jail for having kids or take them away for being poor...LOLZ

You actually finally hit upon a valid point for once, albeit tangentially: people care more about pets and animals than poor, especially if they're black, kids.[/QUOTE]

if you cant support them yourself then why the hell should we

Noone is forcing these people to have children

i want to play the lotto so i think everyone should be forced to by my tickets every week..

[quote name='slidecage']if you cant support them yourself then why the hell should we[/QUOTE]
Maybe because the societal cost is a lot higher if we don't? Things like increased crime, increased resources used for law enforcement, increased resources to the judicial system, and increased resources used to detain people for extended periods of time, disenfranchisement, lower employment possibilities, and a host of other things that you probably have literally no understanding of.

Noone is forcing these people to have children
Actually, a certain party has been pushing for this, but that's for another discussion that you shouldn't involve yourself in because you're a moron.

i want to play the lotto so i think everyone should be forced to by my tickets every week..
Now tell us how this is the same as having kids. Don't forget to explain how jailing people or taking their kids away are good ideas as well.

[quote name='dohdough']
Actually, a certain party has been pushing for this, but that's for another discussion that you shouldn't involve yourself in because you're a moron.[/QUOTE]

See dohdough, that's where I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you. I don't think having children is what slidecage has a problem with but rather the fact that there are people out there that are having sexual intercourse with another human while slidecage on the other hand only participates in sexual activity that could only be described as "purely hands on."

[quote name='dohdough']Actually, a certain party has been pushing for this, but that's for another discussion that you shouldn't involve yourself in because you're a moron.
[/QUOTE]

That is why a story like this makes conservatives heads explode. First it is about abortion, then it is about promiscuity, and the finally it is about religious freedom. Studies like this are the ultimate rebuttal to policies based on religious texts over 2000 years old.

Then again I think you are referring to a completely different reason for wanting people to have babies but that can be for a different time.

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/201...s-abortion-rate-dramatically-study-finds?lite

[quote name='Javery']I'm not sure I know what this means. Are you implying that $200/week on food + toiletries for 5 people is a lot or a little or just about right? We do buy a lot of organic milk but it's the diapers and wipes that really get you.[/QUOTE]

At essentially $1000 a month you should be able to afford Organics all over as such.

If you're having problems I can supply resources/suggestions for you. I want everyone here to be able to afford going Organic and I'll contribute suggestions accordingly.

With fresh stuff you have a CSA around there right Javery? There are Organic CSA's that are very affordable for offering fresh Organic fruits and vegetables, at least around me. For your family you may want to buy two shares for the week.
Going in bulk is another great tip. Given you have 5 people in the family you should be able to make a sizeable dent in things considering you have three growing kids. When I say bulk I'm speaking less of pre-packaged and more going from the bases and cooking from scratch. It's healthier in general, without all those fucking chemicals and preservatives.
If you do have some canned food on hands I strongly suggest only Eden Foods as most of their stuff is next to nothing on Sodium(I suspect this is because Kombu does an excellent job of preserving without the need for much sodium). Also all their canned stuff, with the exception of Tomato related products, contain no BPA in the linings.
Also when you order Organic only be cautious because unless the package it comes in says not to, the USPS may irradiate your package. I don't know UPS or FedEx's conduct on this though.
edit: We all know some Conservatives in Congress really aren't against Abortion except that it hampers a nice steady supply of cheap, disposable bodies for cannon fodder in the latest war to help expand some Corporations bottom line.

The closest thing slidecage will ever get to his want is if an "anchor baby law" is ever passed. Who knows if the amendment will ever get changed but I know this has been a pretty heavy issue the past few years.

[quote name='camoor']Not true, I was watching a documentary last night and the rich Wall Street guy was admitting that money was a game to him, and he liked making money because he liked to win. More money wouldn't improve his life drastically (look that word up so you know what it means) - money was not life or death to him - money was just a way to keep score. The example he used was that he was mad that he bought a boat and never used it - and he was mad about that because in his mind he was losing money - but he admitted he had far more stuff then he knew what to do with it and making more money had nothing to do with improving his life.

Those Horatio Alger movies are full of shit as well but not for the reasons you think. Poor people are rarely given opportunities, and the ones they get are shitty. For a poor person who happens to have brains, taking a risk doesn't involve asking daddy for an interest free loan like Romney thinks, it means taking on crippling student loan and sacrificing your social life for an education that may or may not pay off in chance to score an overtime all-the-time barely white collar job.

I didn't know you were so ignorant that you bought into the myth that poor people are poor because they are lazy. If I had known you were such a buffoon I wouldn't have wasted my time.[/QUOTE]

This one rich guy says this, and you think it proves your point?

Also I have not commented on the number of opportunities given to poor people.

I have also directly stated that I do not believe all poor people are lazy. Just like being stuck in a $50,000 a year job, you may be perfectly content. Would more money do you good? Absolutely! Are you willing to make the moves necessary to make that next jump up the ladder? Maybe. Do people become complacent in their lives? Absolutely. To deny this is to deny reality.

You fail to comprehend the point, and you think you have beaten me by calling me out on things I have not said?

Lastly you think that anyone legitimately doing well for themselves have to have taken on crippling student debt to get a mediocre job because that's the best they can do. Otherwise "daddy" helped them. It is kind of funny how you want people to defy one overlord, just to be under the boot of another, and you call it legitimate...

As if there are the "rich" people, and the rest of us, and they don't cross back and forth at all. There are never new rich people, and the rich never lose it all.

You know, because all 3,200,000, millionaires had it handed to them. But not even that, it seems like you believe anyone making more than 100k to be "rich" and had that handed to them as well.

You are always good for a laugh Camoor.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Knoell']This one rich guy says this, and you think it proves your point?

Also I have not commented on the number of opportunities given to poor people.

I have also directly stated that I do not believe all poor people are lazy. Just like being stuck in a $50,000 a year job, you may be perfectly content. Would more money do you good? Absolutely! Are you willing to make the moves necessary to make that next jump up the ladder? Maybe. Do people become complacent in their lives? Absolutely. To deny this is to deny reality.

You fail to comprehend the point, and you think you have beaten me by calling me out on things I have not said?

Lastly you think that anyone legitimately doing well for themselves have to have taken on crippling student debt to get a mediocre job because that's the best they can do. Otherwise "daddy" helped them. It is kind of funny how you want people to defy one overlord, just to be under the boot of another, and you call it legitimate...

As if there are the "rich" people, and the rest of us, and they don't cross back and forth at all. There are never new rich people, and the rich never lose it all.

You know, because all 3,200,000, millionaires had it handed to them. But not even that, it seems like you believe anyone making more than 100k to be "rich" and had that handed to them as well.

You are always good for a laugh Camoor.[/QUOTE]

Your problem is that you don't think, you just emote based on your gut. And you have what they call in the business a "rotten gut"

Show me a self-made millionaire and 9 times out of 10 I'll show you a rich family with connections pulling strings behind the scenes. Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Romney, they all come from money and it's rare that someone makes the jump from comfortable to rich (just ask JaveryH how hard it is, he talks about it all the time)

Secondly there is a ton of difference between:
Situation A) Poor hungry person being able to afford a few fresh apples
Situation B) Supperrich Wall Street investor being able to add another Maserati to the fleet

If you don't understand that then really read up about the law of diminishing marginal utility and think about it. That's right - think about something for once you dummy!

I'm comfortable. Unless I win the powerball, I'll never get rich.

There's just too many barriers to entry.

By rich, I mean like 1/2 percent.

[quote name='camoor']Your problem is that you don't think, you just emote based on your gut. And you have what they call in the business a "rotten gut"

Show me a self-made millionaire and 9 times out of 10 I'll show you a rich family with connections pulling strings behind the scenes. Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Romney, they all come from money and it's rare that someone makes the jump from comfortable to rich (just ask JaveryH how hard it is, he talks about it all the time)

Secondly there is a ton of difference between:
Situation A) Poor hungry person being able to afford a few fresh apples
Situation B) Supperrich Wall Street investor being able to add another Maserati to the fleet

If you don't understand that then really read up about the law of diminishing marginal utility and think about it. That's right - think about something for once you dummy![/QUOTE]

Now you are just rattling off nonsense. Im not even sure what you are talking about anymore.....

Poor person unable to buy apples and wall street investors? wtf.....

And there is that marginal utility term again, I haven't responded to that for a reason.

And finally, jumping from comfortable to rich is too hard? Really? One, in what world do you think the government can make this easier? Two, you complain about millionaires not needing their money, and yet you aspire to become one, and that it is a crime against people that it is so hard.

[quote name='Knoell']And there is that marginal utility term again, I haven't responded to that for a reason.[/QUOTE]

Let me guess - because you're an uneducated moron who bitterly hates intellectuals?

[quote name='Knoell']And finally, jumping from comfortable to rich is too hard? Really? One, in what world do you think the government can make this easier? Two, you complain about millionaires not needing their money, and yet you aspire to become one, and that it is a crime against people that it is so hard.[/QUOTE]

Offer a level playing field for one. There I gave you an answer. Will I get a response?

Also, not that it has anything to do with anything but I don't aspire to be a millionaire.

[quote name='camoor']
Let me guess - because you're an uneducated moron who bitterly hates intellectuals?

Offer a level playing field for one. There I gave you an answer. Will I get a response?

Also, not that it has anything to do with anything but I don't aspire to be a millionaire.[/QUOTE]

And no, I dismiss it because you all keep throwing it around as if it actually proves your point.

What is a level playing field?

bread's done
Back