Ridge Racer VI (Xbox 360) is now $20!

I did not know that BB had it though at $20 so that means an extra $5 off with the GGC.

I might have to pick this up when my 360 comes, will have to try the demo first. How is other peoples experiance with this game.

ridge racer is a pretty descent game for the money...not the best racing game but far from the worst. Call me odd, but i actually prefered the arcade feel of ridge racer 6 over the sim of PGR3. Then again, im not really a racing game fan.

@ DAN

I didn't like PGR3 all that much honestly. It was like GT met Forza, had a handi(capable) kid and somehow, the genes of Burnout made it in there.

I couldn't really understand if it was trying to be a sim, an arcade game, or a fine mixture of the two. So I simply ditched it and continued to play Fight Night Round 3 and Oblivion. Ridge Racer is a series I have always liked so this one will be a natural fit for me.

Yeah, it has been cheap for a while now. If you are getting it online and not in-store with the GGC, order from Outpost.com instead. It is 17.88 and has free shipping.

Count me among those who vastly preferred RR6 to PGR3. I bought PGR3 at launch due to the excellent reviews and I tried really hard to like it (particularly since it was the only game I owned at the time). Ultimately, I concluded it's the most boring racing game I've played in a long, long time. Thankfully, I traded it in to GameRush for $33, but PGR3 definitely wasn't worth the net $17 I lost on it.

I got RR6 as soon as it dropped to $20 at Gamestop, and it's a nice game for what it is: a pure arcade racer. It's a good game for $20 IMO.

[quote name='M-PG71C']I been waiting for this game to get a price-drop for a while now and now that it has, I can finally pick it up! BestBuy is selling it for $20 now and from the looks of it, other retailers are also dropping the price.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7547407&st=Ridge+Racer+6&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1128337921969

I should also say this is my very first post on this forum. YAY 4 ME! :)[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the last site you'll ever need:) Also before posting any future threads you might want to do a quick search so you don't duplicate again. At least you placed the thread in the correct forum unlike a few newbs.

[quote name='eastx']Guys!!!! The Playstation 2 console is down to $129!!![/quote]

Oh wow, another egotistical forum nerd. I am probably willing to bet you came from the hellhole known as GameFAQ but whatever. Every village needs their idiot. :)

I :wub: sarcasm.

Hey, don't persecute me for having a better sense of humor than you. And you're calling me a nerd? Bwa ha ha!

Oh yeah, and you're a freakin' newb trying to attack my forum cred? Not only have I been a member here for 3 years, but yeah, I'm a long-time user of GameFAQs as well as Shoryuken and Xbox Scene, but there's nothing wrong with that.

[quote name='Hardware']^^^ Obviously not into racing games.[/quote]
Hardcore racing fan here. And this is why I wouldnt pay 5 bucks for that POS game. I owned it once and it was hard enuff to get rid of the first time.:applause:

If having "forum cred" means being an arrogant prick, then sure, go for it. Whatever fills your cup of coffee is fine by me, however, if that is the way you treat "newbies" like me, I rather you stay out of my thread. Can I help it that I didn't know that you guys already caught on to that deal?

Cut me a break, the hell do you want?

[quote name='M-PG71C']If having "forum cred" means being an arrogant prick, then sure, go for it. Whatever fills your cup of coffee is fine by me, however, if that is the way you treat "newbies" like me, I rather you stay out of my thread. Can I help it that I didn't know that you guys already caught on to that deal?

Cut me a break, the hell do you want?[/QUOTE]

He was making a joke, and it happened to be funny.

Nothing more.

[quote name='M-PG71C']If having "forum cred" means being an arrogant prick, then sure, go for it. Whatever fills your cup of coffee is fine by me, however, if that is the way you treat "newbies" like me, I rather you stay out of my thread. Can I help it that I didn't know that you guys already caught on to that deal?

Cut me a break, the hell do you want?[/QUOTE]Quit being a dick. Just because he made a nice little joke at your expense doesn't mean you have to lash out.

[quote name='coolieman2001']I've had it for a few weeks now. This has got to be one of the hardest games to get achievments points.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Outside of the 360 drift achievement, which is one of the dumbest achievements I've come across so far, it takes forever to get any.

[quote name='coolieman2001']I've had it for a few weeks now. This has got to be one of the hardest games to get achievments points.[/QUOTE]
True, but it's very rewarding. I'm still working on the last 3. The no nitrous is pretty easy, just takes time (which I don't have much of). Same with the 10,000 miles. Now, the no crash achievement, that one is HARD. But so far, I've been able to do it on any tracks where I've tried to do it. Again, time is needed. And I already have about 65 hours invested in the game ;)

bread's done
Back