Right Stuf Geneon Remix Sale (DEAD)

furyk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
www.rightstuf.com Geneon DVDs. Click on the search that says Geneon Remix in the top right corner to see what's in the sale and what isn't.

10 for $50 Coupon Code: REMIX10
25 for $100 Coupon Code: REMIX25

You must have the specified amount of DVDs for this to work.

Suggestions? Need filler? Here's some DVDs.

1 DVD Filler: Akira Deluxe Edition, Artimage Double Pack, Patlabor Movie 3 XIII LE, Para Para Mix 1, 2, 3 (CDs) Yuki Kaijura's Fiction (CD, she does all the music for .Hack, Noir, etc...), either Hellsing soundtrack.
2 DVD Filler: Magical Project S 1-2
3 DVD Filler: Tsukihime Lunar Legend 1-3, Someday's Dreamer 1-3

Other series suggestions:
Legend of Black Heaven: 1-4
Paranoia Agent: 1-4
New Getter Robo (with artbox): 1-4
Read or Die TV: 1-7
Gungrave: 1-7
Last Exile: 1-7 (with CD or artbox & figure)
Fighting Spirit: 1-13, 15 (Missing volume 14)

Need a different suggestion (or want me to add one), ask in the thread!

[quote name='nyman']Nothing really catching my aye, any good comedies in this, don't recognize the majority of the titles.[/QUOTE]
n00b.

If you want comedy, I suggest Chobits, Dokkoida, Adventures of Mini-Goddess, Lupin, or the Tenchi OVAs. Of course, none of those compare to the great R.O.D The TV...

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']n00b.

If you want comedy, I suggest Chobits, Dokkoida, Adventures of Mini-Goddess, Lupin, or the Tenchi OVAs. Of course, none of those compare to the great R.O.D The TV...[/QUOTE]

Ai Yori Aoshi is also very funny, I'm about half-way through that series right now. Excellent stuff. :)

[quote name='nyman']Nothing really catching my aye, any good comedies in this, don't recognize the majority of the titles.[/QUOTE]
Chobits ftw. All I'm going to say is "pantsu!"

[quote name='nyman']Nothing really catching my aye, any good comedies in this, don't recognize the majority of the titles.[/quote]

I always found Lupin to be humorous. Not laugh out loud wee your pants funny, but defintely classed as a comedy.
It's depressing to see not many people talking about it, unless everyone already has it. I know it's not new or anything, but it seems like it's always overshadowed by the newest and latest anime of the month.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Chobits ftw. All I'm going to say is "pantsu!"[/QUOTE]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQn-n1fxDv4[/MEDIA]

:lol:

That reminds me, I stopped watching Chobits about 2 discs in because I wanted to watch Azumanga. I need to get back to Chobits. I already own (and read) the entire manga though.

BTW, Lupin's theme is awesome.

Two very different performances. Very awesome.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ax0VbRnIoE[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYf-S9aN0yY[/MEDIA]

[quote name='Brian9824']Ai Yori Aoshi is a GREAT show. I always tell people its what Love Hina should have been[/QUOTE]
Love Hina should have been a lot of things. Like not garbage.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Love Hina should have been a lot of things. Like not garbage.[/QUOTE]

So it's not just me then? I watched 10 or so episodes of Love Hina before I just couldn't watch any more. It feels like it's trying to hard.

I'm just mad I missed the whole entire Hajime no Ippo series. There are too many volumes sold out already....*sigh* I'll never watch to completion. I was gonna complement it with Trigun...but that has alot of volumes missing also. I guess it'll have to be next time.

[quote name='argyle']So it's not just me then? I watched 10 or so episodes of Love Hina before I just couldn't watch any more. It feels like it's trying to hard.[/quote]

Love Hina just got utterly pointless. I mean he sneezes and Naru decks him across city. Got old after the first few times so fast.

Ai Yori Aoshi is a similar genre with lots of misunderstandings but MUCH more believable reactions. I'd strongly suggest checking it out if you want a romantic comedy.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Heh, no one beats Akane Tendo in overreactive clobbering Disorder![/QUOTE] - fixed
Yeah, Naru Narusegawa has NOTHING on Akane.
Not so much for the damage she does, but for how much MORE often she misunderstands the situations.
Oh, yeah, I highly recommend Ai yori Aoshi, too. The show is great. It's sort of run of the mill, but it has some qualities about it that just make it a great show. Oh, yeah, and for randomness' sake, I'll throw in that anyone who likes Tenchi and/or Sailor moon should get the Mihoshi special (because it has all three ovas for pretty sammy on it), and the Magical Project S series.
Edit: Oh yeah, if you WANTED Love hina not to suck, read the manga, the manga is 10, no 100, crap no, 1000 times better than the anime, and about 1000000000000000000000 times better than the anime in english.

ROD box counter is down to 5. Looks like I won't be getting in on it, there's just not enough there to justify another order. So if you want the box, this may be your last chance!

I'm glad I never picked up Love Hina then. My initial impressions were right on I guess. It did look pretty iffy.

I do love me some Tenchi and Ai Yori Aoshi though (I couldn't watch the dub of Ai Yori Aoshi however...good lord, listening to Ka-ROO-sah-ma every 5 seconds in English from Aoi made me want to stick a screwdriver in my brain). Tina and her breast-grabbing was good stuff though. =X

Akane! Damit, you made me remember how much I need to pick up some more of Ranma. Such an awesome series.

[quote name='Ndolger']
Akane! Damit, you made me remember how much I need to pick up some more of Ranma. Such an awesome series.[/quote]

Yep, its my all time favorite. I have all the official North American DVD TV sets, OVA, movies, and manga. Worth every penny. At least the OVA set is cheaper now. Not sure about the rest.

Um, guys, volume 7 of ROD with the figurine says it is no longer available for puchase.....
but it says later at the bottom its still in stock and available???

Alright...this is a really stupid question, but anyone got a link to the stuff that's fair game on this sale? Everytime I click on the banner they suggest it just takes me to the online store. Again, seems like a stupid question, but hey...it's been a long day.

[quote name='evilomar']Alright...this is a really stupid question, but anyone got a link to the stuff that's fair game on this sale? Everytime I click on the banner they suggest it just takes me to the online store. Again, seems like a stupid question, but hey...it's been a long day.[/QUOTE]

Go to the main page, click Geneon Remix on the upper right works fine for me.

[quote name='evilomar']Alright...this is a really stupid question, but anyone got a link to the stuff that's fair game on this sale? Everytime I click on the banner they suggest it just takes me to the online store. Again, seems like a stupid question, but hey...it's been a long day.[/QUOTE]

Try clicking lower and higher on the button. I have a friend working in the computer industry who had trouble with the button because of where you had to press it to get to the right page. Apparently it was somhow different than one would expect. I had no problem myself, but its possibly the same thing with you.

[quote name='evilomar']Alright...this is a really stupid question, but anyone got a link to the stuff that's fair game on this sale? Everytime I click on the banner they suggest it just takes me to the online store. Again, seems like a stupid question, but hey...it's been a long day.[/quote]

That threw me off the first time too. You would expect the big banner to link to it, but it's actually the tiny link in the upper right hand side under the "search the store" option that says -->Geneon Remix.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Is it me or did the interest in this sale die out before the actual sale did?[/quote]

No, it's you. ;)

My Big Box of Anime arrived today. I ordered on the very first morning of the sale. I got:

ROD 1-7
Fushigi Yugi 1-8
Duel 1-4
Rumiko Takahashi Anthology 1-4 + box
Azumanga Daioh Let's Sing CD

I've rented ROD before, but the rest I haven't seen. I listened to the CD today and it's a lot of fun!

Got my first box today too! :)

ROD 1-7
Black Heaven 1-3

In addition, an order I placed w/ DDD came in today as well, which included ROD OAV in addition to a couple of non-anime items. ;) As soon as I finish up Ai Yori Aoshi, I'm starting ROD. :D

Got my first two boxes today, one big, one medium, both packed wonderfully. There was the box it shipped in, and a hard cardboard encasing to make sure the DVDs didn't bounce around during shipping. Big ups to Right Stuf as usual.

Got my orders in today as well!
4-14 of Lupin tv
1 Lupin movie
1-7 Gad guard

Still waiting and hoping they secretly add champloo to the list so I can make one final order :p

Got my first order in today! I have to say, that was very fast (it actually came in on Saturday, but I wasnt home). Hopefully my second and back ordered stuff gets in this week! Also thinking about a 3rd order if they add in Champloo..... :)

I'm jealous. I ordered morning day 1 and have gotten nothing yet =[. It will be close whether I get order one before I go to vacation or not.

[quote name='Grico']I'm jealous. I ordered morning day 1 and have gotten nothing yet =[. It will be close whether I get order one before I go to vacation or not.[/quote]
Same. According to the tracking though, mine should arrive tomorrow. :bouncy:

For anyone looking to make some extra cash and fil a spot. Akira special edition is worth $13.50 cash or $16.87 credit at FYE/Suncoast/Wherehouse.

[quote name='Bezerker']For anyone looking to make some extra cash and fil a spot. Akira special edition is worth $13.50 cash or $16.87 credit at FYE/Suncoast/Wherehouse.[/quote]

is that with the backstage pass or w/o it? cuz thats not the trade in value according to second spin...O_+

[quote name='animemaniac14']is that with the backstage pass or w/o it? cuz thats not the trade in value according to second spin...O_+[/quote]
Its $12.50 for cash w/o Backstage Pass
$13.75 cash w/ Backstage Pass
$15.62 credit w/o backstage pass
$16.87 credit w/ backstage pass

Most of the other artboxes are worth $8.75-$12.

And yes, before i get flamed, whats more cheapass than free cash? With a limit of 1 item per $50/$100 order, and quantities up to 1,000; its not like one hoarder is going to spend $50,000-$100,000 cash to buy all of the stock

[quote name='Bezerker']Its $12.50 for cash w/o Backstage Pass
$13.75 cash w/ Backstage Pass
$15.62 credit w/o backstage pass
$16.87 credit w/ backstage pass

Most of the other artboxes are worth $8.75-$12.

And yes, before i get flamed, whats more cheapass than free cash? With a limit of 1 item per $50/$100 order, and quantities up to 1,000; its not like one hoarder is going to spend $50,000-$100,000 cash to buy all of the stock[/QUOTE]

Or is he?

dr.evil_one_miliion_dollars.jpg

The Akira Deluxe Edition from Rightstuf is only worth $7 cash @ FYE ( I actually went by the local store and got it scanned ). Maybe someone got confused with the Tin Case Version with the same dvd title that came out around the same time. Hopefully, this will discourage future hoarders.

Hopefully my first order shipped today, I placed it within half an hour of the sale live, and I now have a pending charge.

[quote name='Drahken']My last order shipped from Iowa.[/quote]

Yeah I feel like an idiot now. I found the Wheres My Stuf section. Its only about 5 hours from here, and it shipped yesterday.

[quote name='hero101']Here is my stack of 50 dvds. Darn, I should have bought more. Too much empty space on the floor.

[/QUOTE]

I really hope you like Black heaven, btw. Ive yet to finish it, but i certaintly like it more for the musical aspect it takes, not necessarily the fact that its anime. If that makes any sense...

bread's done
Back