Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='killa5k7']I notice they are having a Bandai sale going on right now. I have been looking to purchase Ghost in the Shell SAC Season 1 but cannot find it cheap anywhere. I picked up the 2nd season at FYE for 19.99 and would like to find it around that price point. I noticed Rightstuf did not discount this particular item even though it is pretty cheap anyways...I just hate to pay up to 30 bucks shipping and all. The cheapass in me is dying. Is there any way in heck I can message righstuf about this and see if they will consider this a part of the sale. Has anyone done this in the past?[/QUOTE]

I'm confused- the only listing I see on TRSI for SAC season 1 is the anime legends release- and it is included in the sale. (And where does the $30 shipping come in? If you've got it that high, you should be able to get free economy shipping.)

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I'm confused- the only listing I see on TRSI for SAC season 1 is the anime legends release- and it is included in the sale. (And where does the $30 shipping come in? If you've got it that high, you should be able to get free economy shipping.)[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain he meant $30 after shipping.

$30 for GitS : SAC season 1 or 2 isn't a bad price but I think I've seen it go as low as $20 or $25.

An update on updating the OP , since a new coupon sale starts tomorrow I'm planning on giving the OP an overhaul then , pending any unforeseen circumstances.

[quote name='Capocci 007']Does right stuf have coupon codes to discount a % off?[/QUOTE]
Don't think so. You can join the Got Anime program for $12 a year and get 10% almost all purchases (only a few items are not not eligible for the discount if they are already discounted a lot). Got Anime also gives you a coupon code each month for $X off a purchase of $Y. Unfortunately you will rarely use the coupon codes since they aren't valid on publisher sales, but the 10% off is always valid and a smart move if you buy a lot from RS.

Waiting for RS to ship me FLCL that was released over a week ago. I think they're waiting to combine shipping with Eva 2.22 that I ordered at the same time and releases at the end of March... bad move RS. I payed a little extra by going with RS instead of Amazon since I prefer to support a site dedicated to anime, but if they can't ship me items as they become available I will switch to Amazon.

Well , got sick which was an unforeseen circumstance but I did finally manage to get around to updating the OP. Wiped out all the old highlighted bargain bin sale item since most of them were probably long since OOS anyway. Will be taking suggestions for new featured bargain bin items , weekly sale items or studio sale items. Also taking suggestions for anything new or interesting I could add to the OP to make it better.

[quote name='lilman']Waiting for RS to ship me FLCL that was released over a week ago. I think they're waiting to combine shipping with Eva 2.22 that I ordered at the same time and releases at the end of March... bad move RS. I payed a little extra by going with RS instead of Amazon since I prefer to support a site dedicated to anime, but if they can't ship me items as they become available I will switch to Amazon.[/QUOTE]
What was their reply when you contacted them about it?

[quote name='lilman']Waiting for RS to ship me FLCL that was released over a week ago. I think they're waiting to combine shipping with Eva 2.22 that I ordered at the same time and releases at the end of March... bad move RS. I payed a little extra by going with RS instead of Amazon since I prefer to support a site dedicated to anime, but if they can't ship me items as they become available I will switch to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Rightstuf about twice a month goes through orders that have items combined with separate release dates and gets the already or soon to be released items out.

They also have told me to feel free and e-mail them if I would like something shipped sooner, and they would gladly get it out.

I was told this after I had a similar frustration. lol

TRSI hasn't shipped on release for a couple years (I think my first affected DVD was the FMA movie, for reference.)

Basically, due to increased shipping costs, TRSI holds everything on your order until it all comes into stock, then ships it at once. If you want it sooner, you've got 2 options: contact them and agree to pay a couple bucks for a partial shipment, or order it by itself (so it'll ship automatically, since the order will be 'full'.)

Honestly, most of us just wait- TRSI reserves the option to do a partial shipment at their own disrection (depending on how full the wherehouse is.) This usually happens every couple weeks, so you don't have to wait long.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']TRSI hasn't shipped on release for a couple years (I think my first affected DVD was the FMA movie, for reference.)

Basically, due to increased shipping costs, TRSI holds everything on your order until it all comes into stock, then ships it at once. If you want it sooner, you've got 2 options: contact them and agree to pay a couple bucks for a partial shipment, or order it by itself (so it'll ship automatically, since the order will be 'full'.)

Honestly, most of us just wait- TRSI reserves the option to do a partial shipment at their own disrection (depending on how full the wherehouse is.) This usually happens every couple weeks, so you don't have to wait long.[/QUOTE]
I usually get dvd's a week or two before release date through RS, especially for Funimation products. I understand saving money on shipping, but they must realize that Amazon offers competitive prices and prime shipping means you always get your stuff on time (never early like RS, but always on or a day/two after release date).

I emailed RS to see if they will ship FLCL already, I will update when they respond. I won't pay extra for it since I'm not in a hurry (still have the original release), but if they want to hold out until the end of March when the rest of my order comes in stock then I will be switching to Amazon for preorders.

[quote name='lilman']I usually get dvd's a week or two before release date through RS, especially for Funimation products. I understand saving money on shipping, but they must realize that Amazon offers competitive prices and prime shipping means you always get your stuff on time (never early like RS, but always on or a day/two after release date).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but with Amazon Prime, you are paying $79 annually for the service.

I never pay for shipping at Right Stuf; I always buy enough items to qualify for free shipping, so it doesn't bother me that they don't ship my in-stock items as soon as they're ready for shipping. However, as a consolation, they do periodically make partial shipments at their own discretion, which is pretty cool, since they're paying for multiple shipments for my one order.

I can sympathize with you though, since I would have liked to watched Summer Wars this weekend, but they shipped it too late for it to arrive today, and they only just shipped it this week because I think I had enough items in-stock and reserved for them to make a partial shipment. However, I fully understand that if I really, really wanted to watch Summer Wars this weekend, I could have bought it from Amazon, for example, but I think I have enough anime in my backlog that it doesn't really matter that I'm not receiving Summer Wars this weekend.

[quote name='Razzuel']Yeah, but with Amazon Prime, you are paying $79 annually for the service.

I never pay for shipping at Right Stuf; I always buy enough items to qualify for free shipping, so it doesn't bother me that they don't ship my in-stock items as soon as they're ready for shipping. However, as a consolation, they do periodically make partial shipments at their own discretion, which is pretty cool, since they're paying for multiple shipments for my one order.

I can sympathize with you though, since I would have liked to watched Summer Wars this weekend, but they shipped it too late for it to arrive today, and they only just shipped it this week because I think I had enough items in-stock and reserved for them to make a partial shipment. However, I fully understand that if I really, really wanted to watch Summer Wars this weekend, I could have bought it from Amazon, for example, but I think I have enough anime in my backlog that it doesn't really matter that I'm not receiving Summer Wars this weekend.[/QUOTE]When I ordered from rightstuf with free shipping, it took over 2 weeks to arrive (I ordered enough stuff to qualify for it). That's the only thing that holds me back on constantly ordering from them like Amazon (I'm already a Prime member though).

I am looking at preordered K-On through them though.

If you are looking for speed, go with amazon. Rightstuf has always shipped media mail for free shipping. (I haven't bought from them for a couple of years though).

[quote name='Razzuel']Yeah, but with Amazon Prime, you are paying $79 annually for the service.

I can sympathize with you though, since I would have liked to watched Summer Wars this weekend, but they shipped it too late for it to arrive today, and they only just shipped it this week because I think I had enough items in-stock and reserved for them to make a partial shipment. However, I fully understand that if I really, really wanted to watch Summer Wars this weekend, I could have bought it from Amazon, for example, but I think I have enough anime in my backlog that it doesn't really matter that I'm not receiving Summer Wars this weekend.[/QUOTE]
All true. I don't mind waiting for FLCL since I still have the original, but if Eva 2.22 had been released first and I was waiting for another item coming out a month later I would be annoyed.

I share prime with the people in my house (since you can share prime with up to 5 amazon accounts as long as the address is the same), so the cost per person is less than $79. Being able to buy any Amazon item regardless of price and get free 2-day shipping (or release date shipping for certain preorders) is well worth the premium. If RS had a premium version of Got Anime where you could get free shipping on all orders I would probably subscribe.

What I take from this is if you want to place an order for multiple preorder items with spaced out release dates you may want to go with Amazon since their prices are usually competitive while their shipping is more timely. For already released items I wait for the right publisher sale at RS.

-Update-
RS replied and will be sending FLCL now. If it is only a week or two between release dates I understand waiting to combine shipping, but when the difference is over a month they really should automatically ship when available.

One thing I do now is make orders through them of all items that release around the same time and make sure it is over $50 for the free shipping. Even if it makes multiple orders, it helps to ensure quicker shipping around release. :)

How do you know what's on sale or in bargain bin and does it ever update? I'm waiting to see a deal for Death Note, El Cazador de la Bruja, Trinity Blood, Vampire Knight, and possibly Birdy the Mighty if a complete series is out for that.

[quote name='Capocci 007']How do you know what's on sale or in bargain bin and does it ever update? I'm waiting to see a deal for Death Note, El Cazador de la Bruja, Trinity Blood, Vampire Knight, and possibly Birdy the Mighty if a complete series is out for that.[/QUOTE]
On the RS homepage there is a button that says "What's on Sale?", that will list all items included in the current publisher sale. Every week or two a new publisher sale starts, usually 40% off videos and 33% off books.

For bargain bin look at the drop down menu at the top of the screen under "ANIMESuperstore", there you'll find the "Bargain Bin" link. Bargain bin doesn't get new entries too often but it does sell out regularly.

For deals on specific titles you need to wait for their respective publisher to have a sale. Like Death Note is licensed by Viz and El Cazador de la Bruja by Funimation. Funimation recently had a sale so you won't see them have another one for at least two more months, but I don't think Viz has gone on sale lately.

[quote name='Capocci 007']How do you know what's on sale or in bargain bin and does it ever update? I'm waiting to see a deal for Death Note, El Cazador de la Bruja, Trinity Blood, Vampire Knight, and possibly Birdy the Mighty if a complete series is out for that.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind getting Funimation shows in 2 parts, they usually get really cheap on Rightstuf and Amazon Marketplace when the complete sets come out. El Cazador Complete Collection comes out on the 8th, so the 2 parts will likely move to the bargain bin and might sell out pretty fast, so keep an eye out if you can.

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']If you don't mind getting Funimation shows in 2 parts, they usually get really cheap on Rightstuf and Amazon Marketplace when the complete sets come out. El Cazador Complete Collection comes out on the 8th, so the 2 parts will likely move to the bargain bin and might sell out pretty fast, so keep an eye out if you can.[/QUOTE]

Does the bargain bin ever have season boxsets? All i see are single dvds

[quote name='Capocci 007']Does the bargain bin ever have season boxsets? All i see are single dvds[/QUOTE]
Yup, but like I said, they sell out FAST. The same thing happens whenever a box set gets a Viridian collection put out. The remaining stock of the older box set usually gets clearanced, so it sells out. Currently there are a few half season sets in there that won't get sold because the other half is sold out, or the S.A.V.E. edition is cheaper. (Le Chevalier D'eon Complete, Welcome to the NHK, Pumpkin Scissors, Ghost Hunt, Tokyo Majin)

Edit: Oh, I also see Dragonaut part 1&2, Gantz, Baccano, Black Blood Brothers and several other complete collections in there. Guess you didn't look hard enough.
And don't forget to check Amazon too. Parts 1&2 of shows like Romeo X Juliet, Blassreiter, Tower of Druaga, Nabari no Ou and Kaze no Stigma are super cheap from various sellers because the combined box sets are out. It's only a matter of time before El Cazador de Bruja follows suit.

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']Yup, but like I said, they sell out FAST. The same thing happens whenever a box set gets a Viridian collection put out. The remaining stock of the older box set usually gets clearanced, so it sells out. Currently there are a few half season sets in there that won't get sold because the other half is sold out, or the S.A.V.E. edition is cheaper. (Le Chevalier D'eon Complete, Welcome to the NHK, Pumpkin Scissors, Ghost Hunt, Tokyo Majin)

Edit: Oh, I also see Dragonaut part 1&2, Gantz, Baccano, Black Blood Brothers and several other complete collections in there. Guess you didn't look hard enough.
And don't forget to check Amazon too. Parts 1&2 of shows like Romeo X Juliet, Blassreiter, Tower of Druaga, Nabari no Ou and Kaze no Stigma are super cheap from various sellers because the combined box sets are out. It's only a matter of time before El Cazador de Bruja follows suit.[/QUOTE]

That sounds good but wow amazon has some really cheap prices. I don't think I'll wait for El Cazador to get into the bin because the complete series is going for $30 from an amazon seller.

The new sale, until March 17th, is for Nozomi Entertainment. This includes the first of three LE boxsets for Utena which is due June 7th. This is probably the stand-out item for the sale; from what information they have released this appears to be a domestication of the Japanese LE boxsets that were released from 2008-2009. They haven't said how many will be made or if there will also be a regular edition; they also haven't said if they will be doing an LE for the movie too.

Utena Press Release
RIGHT STUF’S NOZOMI ENTERTAINMENT Announces the
REVOLUTIONARY GIRL UTENA:
The Student Council Saga DVD Set L.E.

First remastered, premium set available on June 7, 2011.

GRIMES, Iowa, March 14, 2011 – Anime producer and distributor Right Stuf, Inc. and its Nozomi Entertainment division are pleased to announceREVOLUTIONARY GIRL UTENA: The Student Council Saga DVD Set L.E. (Remastered Box Set 1) will be available on June 7, 2011.

This first of three, limited-edition DVD box sets will feature remastered video and a newly created Dolby Digital 5.1 Japanese audio track from the recent Japanese DVD release, as well as Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo for English and Japanese audio, plus English-language subtitles and on-screen translations. On-disc extras will include the clean opening and closing, both a live-action video and TV spot for the opening single, and TV commercials for the Japanese release. Additionally, the set will be housed in a collectors’ art box and also include a book with content from the limited-edition Japanese release with episode commentary, discussions about the series’ updated audio, video, and opening and closing sequences, and the first installment of production notes from the Japanese laser disc release. Only a limited quantity of this premium set will be produced.

Utena is more than an adventure;
it’s a psychological roller coaster.”

One of the ten “Best Anime Ever”Anime Insider

Revolutionary Girl Utena has been both critically acclaimed and a fan favorite since its 1997 broadcast debut on TV Tokyo and features direction byKunihiko Ikuhara (Sailor Moon S and SuperS), series composition by Yoji Enokido (Ouran High Host Club, FLCL, Sailor Moon SuperS) and animation by J.C. Staff (Honey and Clover, Slayers, Toradora!). Utena has been described as one of the top five “best anime of all time” (Anime Insidermagazine, among others), and the project also inspired animated film, manga and stageplay adaptations. Both shoujo (girls’) manga, written and illustrated by Chiho Saito, were published in North America by VIZ Media.

Visit utena.rightstuf.com to see the series’ opening credits trailer (featuring the remastered video) and to pre-order the REVOLUTIONARY GIRL UTENA: The Student Council Saga DVD Set L.E.

About REVOLUTIONARY GIRL UTENA: The Student Council Saga

“Never lose that strength or nobility, even when you grow up.” When Utena was just a child and in the depths of sorrow, she found salvation in those words. They were the words of a prince, who wrapped her in his rose-scented embrace and bestowed upon her both a ring and the promise that it would lead her to him again. She never forgot the encounter. In fact, she was so impressed that she aspired to be like the prince and also help those in need.

Now a spirited teenager, Utena attends the prestigious Ohtori Academy. However, her strong sense of chivalry soon places her at odds with the school's student council and thrusts her into a series of mysterious and dangerous duels against its members.

Contains episodes 1-12 (the events of the Student Council Saga).

REVOLUTIONARY GIRL UTENA: The Student Council Saga DVD Set L.E.
(Remastered Box Set 1)
Pre-Book: 5/3/2011

Street Date: 6/7/2011

Runtime: Approximately 300 minutes, Dolby Digital Stereo, Color

Genre: Drama

Suggested Rating: 16+

Format: DVD (2.0 English Audio, 5.1 and 2.0 Japanese Audio, English Subtitles, English On-Screen Translations)
Catalog #: RSDVD1154
ISBN: 1-57032-704-1
UPC: 7-42617-1154-2-4
SRP: $49.99

Discs/Set: 3
Case Qty: TBA

DVD Features:
Scene access, remastered video from the recent Japanese DVD re-release, Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo audio for English and Japanese dialogue, new Dolby 5.1 audio for Japanese dialogue, English subtitles and English on-screen translations. PLUS: Clean opening, clean closing, live-action video for opening single, TV spot for opening single, and TV spots for the Japanese remastered DVD release. AND: A book featuring content from the recent, limited-edition Japanese DVD box set, including episode commentary, a discussion of the updated audio and video, discussions about the series’ opening and closing sequences, and production notes from the Japanese laser disc release (part 1).

* Cover Art: http://outgoing.rightstuf.com/sleeves/rsdvd1154.jpg
UTENA, Revolutionary Girl (Shojo Kakumei Utena) © 1997 BE-PAPAS/CHIHO SAITO/SHOGAKUKAN • SHOKAKU • TV TOKYO.

* To view this image, cut and paste the URL into your Web browser.

** Product specifications and content may be subject to change.

ABOUT RIGHT STUF, INC.
Currently celebrating its 23rd year in business, Right Stuf, Inc. was one of the first players in the U.S. Japanese Animation ("anime") industry, as both an anime producer/distributor and a retailer. Right Stuf works to promote knowledge of its own products, as well as the anime and manga industry, in general, through its online storefront at RightStuf.com and a variety of media including podcasts and special publications.

Nozomi Entertainment, Right Stuf’s production division, is dedicated to the highest quality releases. True to the Japanese word that inspired its name, Nozomi’s focus is on “what fans want.” By focusing on a limited number of anime properties each year, the Nozomi production team ensures each release receives the care and attention to detail it deserves.

From anime classics like Astro Boy, Kimba and Gigantor to modern comedies, dramas and favorites such as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, His and Her Circumstances, Gravitation, Ninja Nonsense, The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye, Emma: A Victorian Romance, Maria Watches Over Us, ARIA,Gakuen Alice, Rental Magica, Dirty Pair and Junjo Romantica, Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment produce quality programming for fans of all ages and interests. For more information, visit www.rightstuf.com and www.nozomient.com.

Antique Bakery DVD Complete Collection
Retail Price: $49.99
Sale Price: $29.99 (40% OFF)
With Got Anime?: $27.00

Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Student Council Saga DVD Set L.E. (Remastered Box Set 1)

Dirty Pair TV Series DVD Collection 1 (S)
Dirty Pair TV Series DVD Collection 2 (S)

Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak)
Retail Price: $29.99
Sale Price: $17.99 (40% OFF)
With Got Anime?: $16.20

The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye DVD Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak)

Junjo Romantica Season 1 DVD Collection (S)
Junjo Romantica Season 2 DVD Collection (S)

Aria The Natural (Season 2) DVD Collection Part 1 (S)
Also: The Animation (S 1) DVD, The Natural (S 2) DVD Pt 2, The Origination (S 3) + Arietta OVA DVD

Boys Be... DVD Box Set (Hyb) (Thinpak)
Retail Price: $29.99
Sale Price: $17.99 (40% OFF)
With Got Anime?: $16.20

Rental Magica DVD Collection 1
Rental Magica DVD Collection 2

Emma: A Victorian Romance Season 1 DVD Collection
Emma: A Victorian Romance Season 2 DVD Collection

Gravitation DVD Complete Collection (TV+OVA)
Retail Price: $59.99
Sale Price: $35.99 (40% OFF)
With Got Anime?: $32.40

Tylor, Irresponsible Captain OVA Series DVD Collection (Hyb) Remastered
Tylor, Irresponsible Captain OVA Series TV Collection (Hyb) Remastered

Retail Price: $39.99
Sale Price: $23.99 (40% OFF)
With Got Anime?: $21.60

El Hazard: The Wanderers DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)

Clannad Lithograph II Limited Edition

Maria Watches Over Us Season 1 DVD Collection (S)
Maria Watches Over Us Season 2 DVD Collection (S)
Maria Watches Over Us Season 3 DVD Collection (S)
Maria Watches Over Us Season 4 DVD Collection (S)

Toward the Terra Movie DVD (S) (Remastered)
Retail Price: $19.99
Sale Price: $11.99 (40% OFF)
With Got Anime?: $10.80

His and Her Circumstances DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Anime Value)

Piano: The Melody of a Young Girl's Heart DVD Bundle Collection (Hyb)
Retail Price: $19.99
Sale Price: $11.99 (40% OFF)
With Got Anime?: $10.80

Super Gals Complete Collection DVD (Seasons 1-2) (Hyb)
Retail Price: $59.99
Sale Price: $35.99 (40% OFF)
With Got Anime?: $32.40

What is the details on this Utena set? Is it the series just re-released? I own all the originals so do I need this? It does look neat.

[quote name='killa5k7']What is the details on this Utena set? Is it the series just re-released? I own all the originals so do I need this? It does look neat.[/QUOTE]
It's the same series that was already released, but it's much higher quality.

[quote name='killa5k7']What is the details on this Utena set? Is it the series just re-released? I own all the originals so do I need this? It does look neat.[/QUOTE]

It's a complete remaster, like what was done with Evangelion many years ago. It's a *huge* improvement over the old Central Park Media discs. I preordered it earlier today, the very moment I saw it was available.

Also, a public service announcement:

Utena is the best thing ever.

I want to buy the Utena set, but I'm at a loss for how to pad out my order for free shipping. I'll probably take a risk and wait for the last day of the sale, to see if I can add in items from the next sale... otherwise I might just put in one of those 'stuf for service' bundles they've got now.

I'm on the ball today. Got the OP updated , and also added the previous sales for the year into the Past Sales spoiler column at the bottom of the OP.

Also as a reminder today is the last day to buy anything from the Nozomi/Critical Mass Video sale.

My gamble paid off- mixed Utena pre-order with a couple volumes of Sunshine sketch and the first volume of A Bride's Story. I really shouldn't be starting new series (I'm running low on manga room), but it sounds good, and I'm intrigued by the idea of hardcover manga that isn't a library edition. ;)

OP dated , new sale on Ya Entertainment K-Drama and Funimation Save Editions. I know the Save Editions have been on sale but now the OP reflects that.

Usually I don't ever get anything from the live action sales but I decided this time to take a chance and get Jumong based on good reviews from Amazon.

Its a nice but decent series.I liked it and you can get it pretty cheap these days. I got mine a non save edition for like 14$ counting shipping about 6 months back.Not really so much action in it and not so scary like I heard it was somewhat but more talking and investigating but a decent series especially for the cheap prices you can get it these days.

New sale on Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show and Kitty Media. Today's also the last day for any pickups from Ya Entertainment or the Funimation SAVE Editions.

New sale on Dark Horse stuff until thursday. Today is also the last day to get anything from the Media Blasters & com. sale.

Lastly, as something that I've been thinking about doing for the last week or so I waited till now to do it , I decided to wikify the thread. This should help streamline the thread , as well as let others more easily highlight items that might be worth picking up.

I ordered Ga-Rei Zero Limited Edition, and blind bought Chrono Crusade to bring it up to free shipping. Haven't bought anything blind in a while, so hope I'm not disappointed!

RS cancelled my ordered of Der Mond: Art of Evangelion from 3 months ago. At the time of ordering it was in "more arriving soon" status. From what I've read online it has been oop for quite some time, I don't understand why it took 3 months for RS to realize this. If they had canceled my order sooner I could have found a used copy months ago. I emailed them about it, still waiting for a response.

Funny enough I tried ordering that same art book from two other sources. animengames.com said they had it new in stock but canceled my order within an hour or so. That's the first and last time I use that site, I can't stand when a site's online stock system is borked. Then I tried getting a used copy from a third-party Amazon seller and they canceled my order two days later... wtf. Finally found a used copy from another Amazon third-pary seller and it has been shipped.

Back to RS, just ordered Shinji Ikari Raising Project v1-8. I just missed the Dark Horse sale but the volumes were still 25% under retail. Amazon has a 4-3 sale on books right now (including these volumes) but it was still cheaper to go through RS since I have gotanime (otherwise the prices would have been equal and I definitely would have gone through Amazon). Also ordered Art of Bleach and Art of Fullmetal Alchemist Anime.

-Update-
Got my used copy of Der Mond: Art of Evangelion, and it is gorgeous. For a paperback it's in as good a condition as possible, only minor damage to the cover edges. I would have preferred the hardback but couldn't find a used copy in as good condition.

-Update 2-
Emailed RS again and this time they responded. Apparently Viz kept telling them they could fulfill the order, after 3 months that finally said they couldn't. RS is a great company, it's a lot more believable that this was Viz's fault.

Art of Fullmetal Alchemist Anime came in. I was hoping for art inspired by the anime, instead it is basically character shots pulled from the show on various backgrounds (kinda like a nice collection of wallpapers). There are two other Fullmetal Alchemist art books that are based on the manga rather than the anime, those are probably more up my alley.

Yea, I preordered a figure from them about 2 years ago. They never even emailed me saying it couldn't be fulfilled. A couple months later, I asked them about it, and they said it was canceled. That figure by then was completely sold out everywhere. I went with HLJ after that, and I still don't have that figure.

Can I ask a question? When Product Availability is More Arriving Soon does that mean a long time? I have a great record with RS but never had dealt with a product in that status. Any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='killa5k7']Can I ask a question? When Product Availability is More Arriving Soon does that mean a long time? I have a great record with RS but never had dealt with a product in that status. Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Ah! My Goddess Season 1 ordered 8/26; Ah! My Goddess Season 1 shipping confirmation 10/23. No charge on my Credit Card until it shipped. Hope that helps. I had no idea it was back-ordered when I placed the order, but I did regularly receive emails that said "Don't worry, we're working on it" saying they'll get some more in stock soon.

Thanks Blue Rogue...I jumped on Code Geass Season 1(29.99) and finally got Ghost in the Shell SAC Season 1 for 26.99...that was the cheapest I had seen that thing....Code Geass is saying more coming soon so I figure I can wait.... I looked everywhere and other than marketplace and ebay every Code Geass is "on order" status everywhere...what is up with that?

Been nearly a month since anyone did anything with this thread. I decided to take the initiative. I updated with the new Viz media sale, but I also added Shawne's Daily Deals. I will be attempting to update the daily deals (with prices to include got anime discount) every morning. Look forward to bringing the deals each day. :D

*EDIT* It seems that I can't update the thread title though, unless I am missing something

bread's done
Back