Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
05/30 Daily Deals are up in the OP. If anyone is interested in Koihime Muso, I have a review of it up on my site. You can follow my banner to find it.

Thread Title is now accurate. Thanks for the assist G-Nitro. Updating the thread has been bugging me for a while but I was being lazy and kept putting it off. Also , in the past I had considered putting Shawn's Daily Deals in the thread , but that was back when you could only see them 1 at a time and could only pick 1 deal. Don't know when they changed it.

On the sale at hand , I know they are not out let , but does anyone have any thoughts about the new omnibus editions that Viz is putting out? I would consider getting them , but I heard bad things about the One Piece ones they put out a year or so ago , and if these are anything like that I'd probably pass.

[quote name='pete5883']What kind of bad things? And what series do they have out?[/QUOTE]

I heard that the paper quality is worse than the paper quality that they use in the standard GN releases (which in turn is worse than the quality from the Viz BIG releases) as well as the spine of the book not being as durable and more prone to breaking after long term reading (people saying that by the time they finished reading the whole book the spine was already showing damage). Don't know if these were just isolated reports or not. I've yet to find one in the wild to see the quality hands on.

Currently One Piece is the only series (that I know of) with Omnibus editions already available. Bleach , Naruto , Kekkashi and Fullmetal are getting releases in June with more later on.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I heard that the paper quality is worse than the paper quality that they use in the standard GN releases (which in turn is worse than the quality from the Viz BIG releases) as well as the spine of the book not being as durable and more prone to breaking after long term reading (people saying that by the time they finished reading the whole book the spine was already showing damage). Don't know if these were just isolated reports or not. I've yet to find one in the wild to see the quality hands on.

Currently One Piece is the only series (that I know of) with Omnibus editions already available. Bleach , Naruto , Kekkashi and Fullmetal are getting releases in June with more later on.[/QUOTE]

They're continuing that tradition with the newer books. I flipped through the first Naruto omnibus last week, and noticed that the paper was super-thin.

If the paper quality of the newer omnibus is a bit lower than the ones for the Dragon Ball ones, it doesn't really matter that much anyway, considering Viz could do worse, like Jump comics bad.

June 6th daily deals are up. Don't forget today is the final day for the Viz sale.

*EDIT* OP updated for latest sale, which is DC Universe Blu-Ray and DVD.... kind of meh imo. DC Fans may find some good deals though.

06/08 deals are up, and while they are kind of just okay, there are some good deals on recent releases. Maid Sama collection 1 just released. While I'm not a fan of Utena, I know many are, and the first collection's limited edition released as well.

Maid Sama DVD Collection 1 (S) Your Price: $29.99* (No Got Anime)
Utena, Revolutionary Girl DVD Set 1: Student Council Saga (Hyb) Limited Edition Your Price: $29.99* (No Got Anime)

Some really good deals on the DC stuff. Too bad I already own all the DVD releases and most of the Blu-Ray. I especially recommend Batman Beyond and JLU. Great stuff.

Daily Desl for 06/09 up. Highlights include: Tenchi Muyo, Initial D Season 2, and Hetalia Season 2.

Today is the last day for the DC Universe DVD/Blu-Ray sale!

*EDIT* SECTION23 SALE IS LIVE! Some really good deals here.

New sale for Digital Manga Publishing is up in the Op. It is only running until this thursday 06/23.

Today is the LAST day for the Section 23 sale, so get your orders in by 11:59 CT!

Op updated! Summer Clearance sale starts today. Take an extra 10% off most in stock items with coupon code summer2011.

DMP Sale ends today, so get your orders in!

Some good daily deals today with Ikki-Tousen, Suzuku, Ghost Sweeper Mikami, Ghost In The Shell, and Shigurui (Blu-Ray) with pretty cheap prices. Check the OP for prices and links (Got anime prices available too)

[quote name='G-Nitro']As if we don't have enough good anime sales, Right stuff is giving us 30% off pre-orders!!! Details in the OP[/QUOTE]
Huh, the site only said an additional 5%.

Also bummed that they include Rosario+Vampire Season 1 and Rosario+Vampire Season 2 in the preorder list for the deal, but not the R+V season bundle set. I wonder if that was a mistake.

[quote name='B:L']Huh, the site only said an additional 5%.

Also bummed that they include Rosario+Vampire Season 1 and Rosario+Vampire Season 2 in the preorder list for the deal, but not the R+V season bundle set. I wonder if that was a mistake.[/QUOTE]

It's an additional 5% to make it up to 30% off. Plus you can take off your 10% for GotAnime membership.

Their pre-order list doesn't have everything, as I found the recently announced Sentai stuff was seeing the discount and not on the list

New Bargain Bin Additions:
More stuff...

Thanks for that post WTK. I went ahead and bought Genshiken 2 (deluxe edition) and Ah! My Goddess season 1 box set. My first anime purchase in like two years, lol.

Rightstuf finally cancelled my order for Phoenix vol. 6 from months ago, because fucking Viz refuses to reprint the entire series, as volumes are reaching exorbitant prices.

The Bandai sale looks promising, but I'll wait longer until the original Gundam is released.

bread's done
Back