RightStuf.com (40% off all Bandai DVDs, 33% off all Bandai CDs and Manga, til 10/8)

souNReAL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
c&p'd straight from the main page www.rightstuf.com

Hang ten! Here's an offer that really soared out of the blue! Enjoy big savings on Bandai titles! Whether you're looking for classics like Cowboy Bebop or upcoming pre-orders like My-Hime, you'll be riding on a wave of savings!

From now until October 8th, 2006 - get at least 40% OFF Retail price on all Bandai DVDs and 33% OFF on all CDs and Graphic Novels! *Certain restrictions apply, see bottom of the Right Stuf main page for details.

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through our online store:

Coupon Code: skysurf
Expires: 10/08/06 at 11:59 P.M. CST

Plus, if you're a Got Anime Member, you'll be pleased to find that your discount stacks!

Not sure what products are included in the sale? We've made it especially simple, just click on the small graphic reading "Sky-Surf Items", located on the right-hand side of our main page and you'll be able to page through the item listings with ease!

Already toying around with some Cowboy Bebop Vols and Mangas. Sale should be fun for people looking for more mainstream anime than the Geneon sale(which is still in the wet dreams of CAGers everywhere :D)

Ps, does it matter than if youre Cowboy Bebop set doesnt match. Because i have the regular 1st and 4th sessions and really want to get the remix set, but wondering if the sound and features and a tons times better or if i should just stick to completing my original set.

[quote name='souNReAL']

Ps, does it matter than if youre Cowboy Bebop set doesnt match. Because i have the regular 1st and 4th sessions and really want to get the remix set, but wondering if the sound and features and a tons times better or if i should just stick to completing my original set.[/QUOTE]

The two big changes are some included cometaries and interview type stuff and of course the improved audio. The commentaries range from good to bad really, but if you find yourself rarely watching these on most other DVDs than you may not care (most have forced subtitles too, so you'll probably read the commentary rather than hear it). The new audio is very nice and the main reason I re-purchased them, but if you don't have the ability to take advantage of at least 5.1 surround sound then again it may not be worth the extra $20 or whatever you'll pay for each.

Thinking about picking up Wolf's Rain and Witch Hunter Robin, but I can't decide if I want the original sets or the crappier packaging of the Anime Legends sets.

Anyone know if they removed anything from the discount sets, like extras?

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Thinking about picking up Wolf's Rain and Witch Hunter Robin, but I can't decide if I want the original sets or the crappier packaging of the Anime Legends sets.

Anyone know if they removed anything from the discount sets, like extras?[/QUOTE]
The Anime Legends Wolf's Rain set will cost you a soundtrack and a funky box. The new Witch Hunter Robin set is minus some pins and another crazy book-like box. Honestly, I'd go with the cheaper ones anyhow. The discs are identical.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']The two big changes are some included cometaries and interview type stuff and of course the improved audio. The commentaries range from good to bad really, but if you find yourself rarely watching these on most other DVDs than you may not care (most have forced subtitles too, so you'll probably read the commentary rather than hear it). The new audio is very nice and the main reason I re-purchased them, but if you don't have the ability to take advantage of at least 5.1 surround sound then again it may not be worth the extra $20 or whatever you'll pay for each.[/QUOTE]

The video quality seems a little bit better, but yeah, the audio is the main draw. And it's incredible. The music is so much clearer and everything just sounds... right I guess.

thanks for the input guys, looks like ill have to mix and match my set with the Bebop remixes, Yoko Kanno did the soundtrack as well, thats reason enough to have it in 5.1

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The Anime Legends Wolf's Rain set will cost you a soundtrack and a funky box. The new Witch Hunter Robin set is minus some pins and another crazy book-like box. Honestly, I'd go with the cheaper ones anyhow. The discs are identical.[/quote]

The original Witch Hunter Robin box is pretty crappy. It looks pretty cool as it's like a book, but the case the DVDs are will slide out everytime you tilt it so you have to be careful how you handle it. Get the cheaper ones.

[quote name='souNReAL']thanks for the input guys, looks like ill have to mix and match my set with the Bebop remixes, Yoko Kanno did the soundtrack as well, thats reason enough to have it in 5.1[/QUOTE]
I'm usually all over a cheaper set, but the soundtrack on this series is some of the best music to grace any television production. The 5.1 mix is worth it.

[quote name='guinaevere']I'm usually all over a cheaper set, but the soundtrack on this series is some of the best music to grace any television production. The 5.1 mix is worth it.[/QUOTE]

indeed. she had a different style on Bebop as well. A classical, jaazy vibe, as opposed to some of the high pusling techno jams on GiTS:SAC. Whoever she got on the saxophone on Bebop was amazing lol.

arrgh, i got 2 days to decide, want to get at least $50 of stuff for free shipping, i know i shouldnt, but.....anime! :D

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']Any opinions on Eureka seven?

I enjoyed the few episodes I saw.[/QUOTE]
Decent, but not worth the price of the the single volumes, in my opinion. I'm holding out for a cheaper box set sometime in the future.

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']Any opinions on Eureka seven?

I enjoyed the few episodes I saw.[/QUOTE]

From what I hear, it improves a ton over the first few episodes as it progresses... kinda like Fullmetal Alchemist did. The show is supposed to be fantastic overall.

[quote name='Chacrana']From what I hear, it improves a ton over the first few episodes as it progresses... kinda like Fullmetal Alchemist did. The show is supposed to be fantastic overall.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Approaching the halfway point of the series, I've gone from "Meh, kinda emo. But Talho is damn hot." to "Sweeeet." Ep. 20 in particular. :)

can anyone explain the eureka 7 release schedule? how many total disks, vs how many total special edition collectors boxes? thought it would be 12 disks in 2 boxes.. which makes the box from volume 5 irrelevant?

Yeah, I know, I will probably buy them all anyways.

bread's done
Back