Riviera: The Promised Land at Target?

oxidative

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Has anyone seen Riviera for GBA at their local Target? I haven't seen it at any of mine but I'm hoping it's just because it hasn't shown up on the shelf yet. I'm scared to order it on the intarweb since I don't know if it'll be packaged well and not get crushed. I'll even stoop to Wal*mart if it's been spotted there.

Thanks!

[quote name='nwaugh']I've seen it at Fry's, at least.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I've seen it at Fry's, EB and GS. I just broke down and bought one from estarland.com since EB and GS online seem to be backordered at the moment.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Same here, I've seen it at Fry's, EB and GS. I just broke down and bought one from estarland.com since EB and GS online seem to be backordered at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - that price wasn't bad. I was expecting 34.99. Just picked it up. How is it anyway?

[quote name='SkyGheNe']Thanks - that price wasn't bad. I was expecting 34.99. Just picked it up. How is it anyway?[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't know, I ordered mine 30 minutes ago.:lol:

[quote name='zionoverfire']Wouldn't know, I ordered mine 30 minutes ago.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Curse. Oh well - I don't know what to expect with this game - but it looks promising.

I just broke down and took a chance at ordering it from gamestop. It's free shipping and no sales tax to me in California with FREESHIPALL coupon code. It's showing it in stock for $29.99 new if anyone else is interested. I'll post back when I receive it since I'm worried about it being crushed.
I just got the Halo 2 Map Pack from them yesterday and it was shipped in a bubble mailer....There was a gouge in the packaging and a dent in the case that you could feel but didn't hurt the disc or cover. Let's hope they realize GBA boxes don't do well in bubble mailers.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']Curse. Oh well - I don't know what to expect with this game - but it looks promising.[/QUOTE]

It's been recommened and it certainly seems a bit difficult to find, I figure it will be easy to get rid of if I don't enjoy it.

[quote name='c']Just curious - why were you looking to get it at Target of all places?[/QUOTE]

Just because it's local to me and I'm nervous of shipping problems. The closest EB/Gamestop is 30 miles away. Though I do have 2 Targets in my town plus a Wal*mart. Those are my only options for buying games in my town. Stupid Napa.

I just realized I have a Game Crazy (I hate that place for some reason). I might have to check there and cancel my order.

gamestop doesnt bubble mail anything that comes boxes, only game cases & blister packs, I ordered a Jedi Outcast off the and have been waiting since the 2nd for it 2 get here using that blasted freeshipall code, knowing my luck it'll be disc only or most likely never show up at all...

[quote name='zionoverfire']It's been recommened and it certainly seems a bit difficult to find, I figure it will be easy to get rid of if I don't enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

Do you think e-starland will ship it in a good case or something? Or do you think it might be damaged? That would be lame. Maybe I should cancel.

man im freaking stuck on level 3-2 when you fight those 3 bullies each has over 500 and they keep healing each other. That forest maze really sucked too

[quote name='SkyGheNe']Do you think e-starland will ship it in a good case or something? Or do you think it might be damaged? That would be lame. Maybe I should cancel.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had a problem with them before, but if you want a super mint box you've got to pick it up from a store, that's the only way I know to garuntee the condition.

[quote name='zionoverfire']I haven't had a problem with them before, but if you want a super mint box you've got to pick it up from a store, that's the only way I know to garuntee the condition.[/QUOTE]

I can probably still cancel my order right? I think my local GS still has a copy.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']I can probably still cancel my order right? I think my local GS still has a copy.[/QUOTE]

You should be able to, I've just moved to an area with shit for gamestores so online purchases are my best bet.

Shit, the store locator said one of the local stores had a Riviera used... it would have come up to 18 dollars after the discount (I don't care about box or manual).

Guy said they were sold out of both new and used, but he didn't even look.... arg.

I guess I'll try again tommorrow morning, since it didn't show up on the store locator yesterday.

Is atlus known for making good games in low quanities or something? my gamecrazy had 4 in this week, not touched at all this week, so i picked up a sealed copy, is it likely to go OoP anytime soon or something? im about to open it and take it for a spin

[quote name='dios']Is atlus known for making good games in low quanities or something? my gamecrazy had 4 in this week, not touched at all this week, so i picked up a sealed copy, is it likely to go OoP anytime soon or something? im about to open it and take it for a spin[/QUOTE]

why would you buy a game if you are not going to open it?

[quote name='62t']why would you buy a game if you are not going to open it?[/QUOTE]

where in my post did i say i wasnt going to open my copy?

And if the case was i wasnt going to open it, it would be for the obvious value time will take on it, if it does become rare, much like Rez, or RE 2,3 on cube.

you are implying that the rarity of the game will affect if you are going to open it when you ask if it is going to be out of production soon than mention that you are about to play the game.

First of most game goes out of proudction very soon, it is just that there isnt any demand for many of them.
Also RE 2, 3 on GC is now very easy to find now.

Now if you want to know if this game's value will double like rez, the answer is likely no. With the execption of Tactics ORge and maybe Shinging Force, most of Atlus's GBA games are not that hard to find or do not increas significanty in value.

well given that it is GBA & all titles are fairly recent we'd have to wait a few years before we determine value's & rarity...you could still find some of the rarest SNES games 2-3 years after its demise at reasonable rates

Well, there were six at my Fry's a week ago, and they looked like they had been cleared out when I went back today.

[quote name='oxidative']Has anyone seen Riviera for GBA at their local Target? I haven't seen it at any of mine but I'm hoping it's just because it hasn't shown up on the shelf yet. I'm scared to order it on the intarweb since I don't know if it'll be packaged well and not get crushed. I'll even stoop to Wal*mart if it's been spotted there.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

i bought my sealed copy on gamestop.com...it came in a bubble mailer but there was no bending or crushing...perfect condition box and sealed... no BS "new but not sealed" :)

[quote name='swetooth9']i bought my sealed copy on gamestop.com...it came in a bubble mailer but there was no bending or crushing...perfect condition box and everything else was new... no BS "new but not sealed" :)[/QUOTE]

Moot point, since Gamestop is now Back Ordered :p

[quote name='Roufuss']Moot point, since Gamestop is now Back Ordered :p[/QUOTE]

the OP ordered his copy from gamestop....so it's not a moot point

[quote name='swetooth9']the OP ordered his copy from gamestop....so it's not a moot point[/QUOTE]

Ah... I didn't see that he ordered it, I just skimmed the first page wondering if Target did carry it.

I bought it earlier today at an EB. I'm huge into RPGs and so far find it a bit disappointing since there is really no experience point system. Well there is, sort of but it's weird. But I'm not that far in so I have hopes it will get better. It's definitely different than anything else out there, so it's worth a look just to try something new.

It seems word on the intraweb is starting to pour out over this game... alot of the stores that had copies last week all went OOS. At least 4 game stores around here completely sold out, and I've got the last copy at the 5th store on hold for tommorrow morning.

Weird how that works out... they couldn't sell this game at all when it released, and now it's suddenly taking off.

[quote name='Roufuss']It seems word on the intraweb is starting to pour out over this game... alot of the stores that had copies last week all went OOS. At least 4 game stores around here completely sold out, and I've got the last copy at the 5th store on hold for tommorrow morning.

Weird how that works out... they couldn't sell this game at all when it released, and now it's suddenly taking off.[/QUOTE]

it's b/c it's different, and I think it's really fun :) i'm at around level 2-9 or something...

WOOHOO!!

A local Gamestop FINALLY got a used copy in, and it only runs me 18 dollars after my 10% off, since the used copy is amazingly only 19.99.

It has no box or manual (wtf happened to them lol) but I don't mind... I had JUST bought a new but gutted copy from EB, and they put their stickers all over the box anyways - even if I was a collector, that box was ruined from the get go. I figure I can just use a FAQ for instructions if I get stuck.

This is the 3rd or 4th Gamestop it's shown up used in since release... I guess this game really isn't for everyone. I just got lucky enough and snagged it before anyone else this time.

bread's done
Back