Rock Band 2 Single/Double/Triple Cymbal Packs - $19.99/$29.99/$39.99 +10% off

Supreme

CAGiversary!
Feedback
100 (100%)
I posted this mainly to say that the single and triple cymbal packs are in stock at GameShark. Both of them are pretty hard to find in store. I believe the single pack comes with the Y clamp for those of you who have two and want a third. Sign up for their newsletter and receive a code for 10% off. The triple pack came out to $43.49 ($7.50 Ground shipping). Pretty nice considering they go for about $100 on eBay.

Rock Band 2 Single Cymbal Expansion Pack
http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=3363&idCategory=186

Rock Band 2 Double Cymbal Expansion Pack
http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=3364&idCategory=186

Rock Band 2 Triple Cymbal Expansion Pack -- Currently Backordered
http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=3365&idCategory=186

The newsletter signup is on the right side of the page.

If the links don't work, the store link is http://store.gameshark.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks I was going to goto gamestop first thing tomorrow morning to buy a 2-pack (can't find the 3 pack anywhere) for my new Rock Band 2 Drums. This works out much better ... cept the whole waiting for delivery thing.

Dumb question but, would these work on the original Rock Band 1 Drums? If so I might pick up a set. Saw a set at GS the other day for 30 bucks. Does it really add a good replay value to the drums?

Not a dumb question at all. No, these do not work with RB1 drums because they do not have the ports to plug them into on the back.

[quote name='bmulligan']Not sure about the need for a Y connector, there are 3 separate ports on the back of the RB2 drums, one for each cymbal.[/QUOTE]

The Y connector isn't for the ports into the RB2 drums, it's a double mount so you can mount 2 cymbals off of one drum leg.

People that bought the double cymbals only got two single connectors (it doesn't come with a double), so you can only connect one cymbal to each leg. The single cymbal pack coming with the double (Y) connector means they can add the single pack to their double pack and have all of the mounting pieces they need to mount all 3 cymbals.

[quote name='bmulligan']Not sure about the need for a Y connector, there are 3 separate ports on the back of the RB2 drums, one for each cymbal.[/quote]

Sorry, what I was trying to describe was the Y clamp for connecting two cymbals to a pole, as forumreader mentioned above. A lot of people used a leg from their RB1 drum set or made a seperate stand for the crash.

RB2 only
These things take a TREMENDOUS grip to clamp them onto the drum legs.
A little weird, they are very adjustable, but it helps to hit them dead in the center, so take your time to position them correctly.

And don't buy 2 2-packs to have a 3-pack and 1 left over. It won't work like you think. The Y-clamp works best.

They are a bit noisy.
They are fun as hell.

so dumb question, but do the cymbals actually enhance gameplay? Do they unlock additional notes or something on the screen (in other words, more than 4 notes across)? Or do they just move the target area from the drum to the cymbal (yellow drum -> yellow cymbal, blue drum -> blue cymbal, etc)?

[quote name='Lord_Zath']so dumb question, but do the cymbals actually enhance gameplay? Do they unlock additional notes or something on the screen (in other words, more than 4 notes across)? Or do they just move the target area from the drum to the cymbal (yellow drum -> yellow cymbal, blue drum -> blue cymbal, etc)?[/QUOTE]

The cymbals don't change anything on-screen. You can hit the green drum or the green cymbal to do the green note. However, they do enhance the drumming experience as it is very fun to nail the cymbals instead of drums only.

Actually it does change gameplay slightly. When you do the drum fills with the cymbals, it actually sounds like cymbals instead of the normal drums.

Thanks for the response. Now another question - why get three cymbals, if the game's manual says that only the right two drums are meant to be cymbals? Also, can the drums be re-mapped, in other words, you're using the two side or two center drums and cymbals instead of the left two drums?

The yellow, blue, and green drums are used as cymbals, depending on the song. Yellow = hi-hat (and tom), blue = ride (and tom), green = crash (and floor tom). You don't technically have to get all three. If you're content with just two or one, then get two or one. Three just means you get the full experience. And no, you can't re-map the drums.

[quote name='Supreme']Sorry, what I was trying to describe was the Y clamp for connecting two cymbals to a pole, as forumreader mentioned above. A lot of people used a leg from their RB1 drum set or made a seperate stand for the crash.[/QUOTE]
Ahh, now I get it. I didn't understand how these mounted to the poles.

My order said pending for a couple days, but it finally updated to 'In Progress'. I was hoping they'd at least ship today, but I guess they like to take their time with it.

Edit: Got my shipping notification.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back