Rock Band 2 vs. GH: WT instruments

elwood731

CAGiversary!
Basically, which are better? I can get the GH:WT and instruments. plus Rock Band 2 software for $150, or just the RB2 software and instruments for $140. Is there any reason to invest in the RB2 instruments over those in GH:WT? I'm obviously not a die hard player and have played different versions at different places. I do want to eventually own the RB2 software, so do its own instruments work better for any particular reason? Thanks.

I'm not sure because I haven't messed around with RB2's instruments, but I prefer GH's guitars over RB1's because the strum for RB's guitars don't click.

So, if they didn't fix it and you want an affirmative click while playing you may want to get the WT setup.

Rock Band drums hands down drum wise. I Know of no one who has them and hasn't had problems with them.

As for Rock Band 2 guitar vs. GH:WT it all comes down to preference. I Know some people that are too used to the click of GH guitars to not change vs. people who prefer more of the loose feel that RB 2 guitars give.

This is like the third topic about this in the past couple months.

If you have no preference, you'll be fine with any set. I prefer the GH style guitar setup over Rock Band's, but that's because I've been using the same Xplorer guitar since GH2. I do feel that the Rock Band 2's wireless guitars perform better than the GH ones however; the detachable necks on the GH ones have the potential to create a lot of problems.

I personally have never used the GH:WT drums outside of the beat ass display models at Best Buy, so I can't really comment on those, but I have heard of some registration issues with them; the only problem I've ever heard of with the RB sets were broken bass pedals.

If it were me, I'd just go with the RB2 set and get GH:WT with the extra $10 if you really want the game. I ended up selling my GH:WT guitar set I got from a referral site because the game was pretty lackluster, and the guitar was really squeeky after only a couple sessions. I believe I would get random disconnects with the guitar as well.

I've noticed that Rock Band instruments tended to feel more durable than GH's and look more like mini guitars vs. a plastic game controller.

I'll just say avoid the RB1 wired strat (poor strum bar) and the GH3 Les Paul (frets stop responding - which is manually fixable, tilt sensor fucks itself up - which is not) like the plague.

A thing to note is GH drum tracks have 5 pads, while RB has 4. So playing GH with Rock Band drums or playing RB with GH drums can be awkward on some songs depending how they are charted.

@Fizzy - not really, what Guitar Hero does (which is awesome) is eliminate the orange pad if you plug in your Rock Band drums, so it is exactly like playing Rock Band.

[quote name='KaneRobot']GH3 Les Paul (frets stop responding - which is manually fixable, tilt sensor fucks itself up - which is not) like the plague.[/QUOTE]I had problems with it just a few months after I got it, but eventually it got better it seems. The tilt sensor is spotty, of course, but my friends don't seem to mind it too much. I use the Xplorer when I play guitar, which is still probably my favorite.

bread's done
Back