Rock Band 3 keyboard bundle $26 at Kmart

Saw these in Myrtle Beach last weekend at the same price for :360:; I think the :wii: version is hooding strong in the 55.Xx+ range which really doesn't make sense to me?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I believe they had the Band Hero Bundles on sale too. I think the 2 PS3 band bundles I saw were like $40 or 50.[/QUOTE]

All the Band Hero Super Bundles (across all platforms) have been under $40.Xx since X-mas...these are the ones that weigh 30+ lbs....

my Kmart has 2, deciding if I want to get both of them. Keyboards are semi-lame but also semi-cool.

Moved recently and this Kmart has some a few premium leftovers Im gonna grab probably.

I saw two of the RB3 Keyboard bundles at my other local K-Mart. I already bought two a couple days back... shortly after OP posted about this deal. Thanks for mentioning it OP.

I was looking for the $12 DJ Hero bundle today someone else mentioned, but alas, they're completely cleared out in my area. I did manage to snag a $19 Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock bundle though and am hoping the guitar included will work with Rock Band 3 since I'm planning on sending the two bundles to my nephews.

In case anyone missed what I wrote...
GUITAR HERO: WARRIORS OF ROCK BUNDLE for Xbox 360 at K-Mart: $19!!

Does anyone here know if the GH:WoR guitar works with RB3?

The North Belt Kmart in St. Joseph, MO has one left for 360 at $26 (grabbed the other one, ;)). Damn you, post-Christmas hours, I miss when the prices go down. I work in Electronics at the store and didn't even know it had gone down in price. We do have a few Wii Keyboard bundles, but those are still at $60.

[quote name='sykotek']I saw two of the RB3 Keyboard bundles at my other local K-Mart. I already bought two a couple days back... shortly after OP posted about this deal. Thanks for mentioning it OP.

I was looking for the $12 DJ Hero bundle today someone else mentioned, but alas, they're completely cleared out in my area. I did manage to snag a $19 Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock bundle though and am hoping the guitar included will work with Rock Band 3 since I'm planning on sending the two bundles to my nephews.

In case anyone missed what I wrote...
GUITAR HERO: WARRIORS OF ROCK BUNDLE for Xbox 360 at K-Mart: $19!!

Does anyone here know if the GH:WoR guitar works with RB3?[/QUOTE]

Is that the band bundle or the guitar bundle for Warriors of Rock?

I'm interested in this, but I haven't even opened my copy of RB Beatles, LOL. I probably shouldn't, but that price is tempting anyway. Sigh.

I just went by my local store on my lunch break and they have two of 'em but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I already have RB3 with original RB1 instruments but I have a Beatles bundle that I have never opened with all new instruments.

I tell myself that as my son gets a little bigger (he's four) that this it will be a lot of fun but I don't really see either of us using keyboards.

Decisions, decisions...

[quote name='rogue_one']Is that the band bundle or the guitar bundle for Warriors of Rock?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it was the Guitar bundle for Xbox 360 that was $19. I didn't even know there was a Band bundle.

I called every Kmart in a 90 mile radius of me. Most Kmarts were sold out, and a couple were $60, and $80 for the Keyboard Bundle still. The LAST Kmart store I called said they have the 360 Rock Band 3 Keyboard Bundle for $14.99! I am on my way right now...still in disbelief. I will be picking up one for myself, one for a friend, and most likely 1 additional one for somebody here if they want it...depending how many is in stock.

I picked up one at the Parkville, MD store today. It was marked "Clearance $59.99" but rang up $26. They had one other 360 version available after mine.

Anyone calling to confirm prices may be getting lied to since most Kmart employees are too lazy to you know, actually bring the item back to the register to scan it.

[quote name='Gabrius']Anyone calling to confirm prices may be getting lied to since most Kmart employees are too lazy to you know, actually bring the item back to the register to scan it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[quote name='chriscolbert']

I tell myself that as my son gets a little bigger (he's four) that this it will be a lot of fun but I don't really see either of us using keyboards.

Decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

Brother, you might be waiting awhile. Haa haa. My son is 5 and half and he's not quite able to do anything meaningful in terms of music games, and he's pretty coordinated/good at games.

He and I play the hell out of the LEGO games though. He got us through a few parts on Clone Wars that I was stumped on because he knows the characters better than me! Heh.

[quote name='berzirk']Brother, you might be waiting awhile. Haa haa. My son is 5 and half and he's not quite able to do anything meaningful in terms of music games, and he's pretty coordinated/good at games.

He and I play the hell out of the LEGO games though. He got us through a few parts on Clone Wars that I was stumped on because he knows the characters better than me! Heh.[/QUOTE]

Yeah so far we've really only tackled Skylanders. We do have at least three of the Lego games though and will probably start one of those soon.

I guess since there's the "no fail" mode I figured it wouldn't be so frustrating, but it definitely requires a lot of coordination regardless.

Went to the Bellingham, Wa store on my lunch they 7 Xbox 360 Bundles and 4 Wii Bundles. They were properly marked down to $26.00. I snagged an Xbox 360 Bundle. Thanks op.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It's just a bundle of the game and keyboard separate made by 3rd party sellers on Amazon. There was going to be a regular PS3 bundle but Sony has some rule that games can't be bundled with accessories not made by the game manufacturer so they had to cancel the bundle.[/QUOTE]

This had nothing to do with Sony, as Harmonix released a bundle for the PS3 in Europe. Of course Harmonix never specifically stated what happened, but a little reading between the lines suggested Microsoft wrote into their promotional agreement that Harmonix not release a bundle for the PS3, their main competitor.

[quote name='iamsmart']Does the keyboard have any other use outside of Rock Band, i.e. can you use it as a MIDI keyboard?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can use it as a MIDI keyboard. I picked up a $6 MIDI-to-USB converter from Amazon, plugged it into my Mac, and Garageband immediately detected the keyboard.

[quote name='MacMog']This had nothing to do with Sony, as Harmonix released a bundle for the PS3 in Europe. Of course Harmonix never specifically stated what happened, but a little reading between the lines suggested Microsoft wrote into their promotional agreement that Harmonix not release a bundle for the PS3, their main competitor.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't actually confirm it not to be true, since publishing rights can be regional, and agreements aren't necessarily international. I don't know either way, but I wouldn't use the presence of one in Europe as a hint that MS engineered exclusivity on the bundles. If that were true, how would they have allowed for a Wii one to exist?

I've been looking for the a PS3 keyboard for awhile, and don't want to pay over $50, and would like to pay under that. Maybe I'll look around some K-Marts and Targets by me to see what they have after looking at this thread.

[quote name='ShirtSizeXXXLXT']I called every Kmart in a 90 mile radius of me. Most Kmarts were sold out, and a couple were $60, and $80 for the Keyboard Bundle still. The LAST Kmart store I called said they have the 360 Rock Band 3 Keyboard Bundle for $14.99! I am on my way right now...still in disbelief. I will be picking up one for myself, one for a friend, and most likely 1 additional one for somebody here if they want it...depending how many is in stock.[/QUOTE]
I went to the Webster NY Kmart to pick up the 360 bundle they said they were holding for me. I get to the register and give the guy my name. He bends down, and pulls out one of the "Rock Band Keyboard Stands", and says, "Here ya go!" I said, "No, no, no. That is not what I was told was being held for me." I just about ran over to the shelves to see if there was any bundles even left. There was ONE 360 bundle left with clearance tags all over it for $26.00. I immediately brought it to the counter, and decided not to get all pissy with the worker. It was a long wait for this bundle. I never thought I'd get it at this price. Thanks to the OP of this thread, I never would have called around to find it!
I also agree with those who say the Kmart employees are too lazy to check the price, or even the availability of the bundles. If this is truly a YMMV deal then I would call ahead and bug the shit out of them till you get a definite answer. Part of me thinks this is company wide though, and not all the Kmarts are tagging the bundles appropriately. If you are in the Rochester NY area I know for a fact the Victor NY, and Bath NY Kmarts have at least 6 bundles per store.

just had a long weekend at Big Bear Lake and theres was around 15 bundles for each console at the local kmart , got one for my xb360.........

Found one, but didn't buy it. It was marked $59.99, but I'm sure it was really $26 - this is kmart after all. I didn't buy it because I can't remember the last time I played RB. So, great deal OP, just I think I'm better off saving the $26 for something else.

I checked out my local store which had several bundles in stock. Couldn't pull the trigger, it's been too long since I've played rock band or guitar hero, it's a steal for 26, but not if I won't use it.

I've only had mine for two days, but it's BRILLIANT! A couple of things that are rarely mentioned are the included scale/song tutorials to help you actually learn piano (roughly), and the fact that the keyboard can be used as a guitar controller too!

My ultimate aim is this - but frankly, that video scares the bejeesus out of me. :)

[quote name='toomuchpie617']any news at the somerville, MA kmart?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and it's good. I was there this evening and they had at least a half dozen of the 360 Wireless Keyboard Bundles on a top shelf. They rang up as $26.00 so I went ahead and snagged one. I know there was at least one Wii bundle there as well.

On the "even better news" front, there is a price scanner right at the entrance to the electronics department and most of the units on that top shelf did not have that security cable on them. Long story short, if you want to make use of this deal without having to enlist the help of an unenthusiastic employee go right ahead. As it is they had me take it up to the front registers to pay for it anyways.

I haven't had a chance to crack it open yet but it looks like it'll be a good time. Good luck.

I don't know why, but I picked up DJ Hero 2 and RB3 for 360. $39.80 out the door. I now have the urge, to get RB out tonight and play.

Thank you for the info on the Somerville, MA location. I'm from RI but was up by Fenway for work and took the 20 minutes side trip to stop by the store and found exactly what you described. There was at least three still in stock as of 8pm. Very nice staff and a good store experience overall. Great tip!

Thanks OP! Just got the last xbox 360 keyboard at the Kentlands, MD K-mart for $26. There's 4 Wii versions left. List price still said $129.99 but the clearance price was quite prominent.

Thanks OP. I picked mine up for $26 for 360. For any Milwaukee area cags it was the K-Mart on 70th and National Ave. in West Allis and they had 2 more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the keyboard and DJ Hero 2 party bundles. Mad however, because it was the last DJ Hero bundle and the white turntable was broken right out the box. :\

At my K-Mart the 360 ones are $26 and the Wii ones are $59. I bought both copies for 360 they had to sell online.

Just letting you know I picked a second 360 keyboard bundle up today for my friends birthday. It had a sticker on it saying $79.99 and a tag on the shelf saying $59.99. I asked the guy to ring it up to see if it would ring up for $26.00, and sure enough it did. If anyone out there is at all interested in picking this up, I would highly recommend it even if the tag says a higher price. The clearance price on this amazing game is too good to pass up.

BUMP, looks like this is still going on.

Also, I scored a :360: DJ Hero 2 bundle w/ 2 turntables and a microphone (where it's at!) for $30 a few weeks ago.

I would buy a bundle, but I can't even remember the last time I played Rock Band...If this bundle ever hit $9.99, I'd probably grab one. I have a $10 gift card to use...

bread's done
Back