Rock Band 4 (PS4, X1) Out Now - Triple Cymbal Expansion Kit Available for Preorder

Deserter Goose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Some links to the bundles, as well as the standalone game, are below. Note that the Band-in-a-Box bundle has an MSRP of $249.99, whereas the Guitar Bundle has one of $129.99. The X1 standalone comes with a legacy adapter for your 360 guitars and drumsets, but costs $79.99; the PS4 can use PS3 instruments out of the gate and is only $59.99. You can also buy a legacy adapter separately, with the MSRP for that being $24.99.

Amazon

Best Buy - Don't forget GCU for 20% off!*
Gamestop

Target

Mad Catz Store

Xbox.com (Digital)

* If you buy GCU online, you'll have to take it to a local store to activate it. However, you'll still get 20% off of the bundle during checkout.  If you're buying at least the guitar bundle, you're basically getting GCU for free ($30).

The Triple Cymbal Expansion Kit is also available for preorder on Mad Catz's website for $49.99, with a release date of "Holiday 2015" (big thanks to BonedChaos for the information).

Most of the past DLC from the previous games will be compatible with this one (and is the main reason I bought an X1), but at least 150 songs will not be compatible. Furthermore, a list of exactly which legacy instruments are compatible with Rock Band 4 can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I one of the few that likes the setlist? I like discovering new bands and like deeper cuts from my favorite bands. From just the RB4 setlist, I've discovered St. Vincent, The Protomen and Lightning Bolt and that's not counting the endless bands DLC has opened the doors for me. I'm also a person that was stoked to see "Metroplis Part 1" over "Pull Me Under".

For what it's worth, I preordered the ps4 full band kit for in store pickup. I received my code via email about 10 mins after I picked it up on Tue.
My code came in this morning on a PS4 band in a box that was delivered yesterday. I preordered from BB.com with shipping to home.
I got my band in a box bundle the same day it shipped from amazon (yesterday). They emailed me my pre order pack code yesterday as well.

Waiting for all the DLC and also the exports to start working on xbox live though. So not in a big hurry to play it a lot.
Preordered the Xbox one BiaB version from Best Buy with in store pickup. Picked it up yesterday and got the email with the code today.
Thanks for the responses guys. I did finally get my preorder code. Now I need to research into the exports because I wasn't aware that was going to be possible. I saw some songs like wanted dead or alive by bon jovi that I was considering on purchasing. If the older rock band tracklist transfers I won't have to spend the money.

Anyone else get an email from Amazon saying that the adapter has been delayed again but this time they cant offer a time window of when it will ship? If it matters I was one of the ones who got it for $10

A lot of rock band dlc is still showing up for half price on the microsoft store.  For some reason it won't let me use my gift card balance though and only shows the option to use my credit card.  Bleh.

I bought about $300 worth of songs on sale bringing my total songs to over a thousand.....maybe I'll check the store again while it's still on sale.....

Not sure if this was mentioned here but buying a $1 pre order card at Target when buying the new Rock Band, takes 25% off the total which is around $62.

Anyone else get an email from Amazon saying that the adapter has been delayed again but this time they cant offer a time window of when it will ship? If it matters I was one of the ones who got it for $10
Amazon has the adapter bundle in stock. I just got the rep to apply the 50% off I had on the adapter alone to the bundle, with free one day shipping. So getting the game & adapter for $40, though I sell the game since I purchased the guitar bundle already.

[quote name="Jawwaad1" post="12958845" timestamp="1444315959"]Not sure if this was mentioned here but buying a $1 pre order card at Target when buying the new Rock Band, takes 25% off the total which is around $62.[/quote]
Whoa is this for real? Looking to get a ps4 at $349 with the GC tmrw and wanted to get rockband as well.

A lot of rock band dlc is still showing up for half price on the microsoft store. For some reason it won't let me use my gift card balance though and only shows the option to use my credit card. Bleh.
i bought about $50 worth of songs through Rock Band 3 yesterday. All were $1.00 each. They have over a 1,000 songs on sale. I don't have Rock Band 4 yet but when I search for them as Rock Band 4 add ons on xbox.com marketplace they show up as $1.99. So searching for songs as Rock Band 3 add ons on xbox.com gets you the cheaper price. But today when I try to even get a free song through Rock Band 3 game menu I am getting error codes and that they cannot be purchased.

I just bought about $30 using the Xbox website and won't be able to make sure they will work in RB4, anyone have luck yet?

Off topic, but for any Xbox Rewards members that pre-ordered digitally, have you received your reward points yet or even have them pending? The only other game I've pre-ordered during the $15 back promotion was Gears Ultimate, but I had 15,000 points marked as pending immediately after pre-ordering. All I have pending are 400 points from who knows what.

So. I have a wireless guitar from GH on the PS3. I can get it to work but it cones up as guest instead of my profile. I am defaulted to the mic. When I play a song using the guitar, I gage to drop out of my account and only use the guest account to play. This does not let me save my progress. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

So. I have a wireless guitar from GH on the PS3. I can get it to work but it cones up as guest instead of my profile. I am defaulted to the mic. When I play a song using the guitar, I gage to drop out of my account and only use the guest account to play. This does not let me save my progress. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?
Log out with the controller (mic instrument) and the guitar, then when you select guitar, your profile will be free to select

How is the audio quality of this release of Rock Band?  I always thought that the Beatles Rock Band sounded much better than RB3.

When I first synced my band bundle(which I had no idea how) on ps4, it let me log in to my psn account with all 3 instruments. Not sure if that's normal, but I prefer it.

Also if anyone preordered the cymbal pack and is having second thoughts, I'd be willing to take it off your hands. I wasn't expecting it to sell out. By the time I decided to get it(3days later), it sold out.

People playing expert drums on bass-heavy tracks are having trouble hitting bass notes in rapid succession.
Yeah I at first thought it was due to me not playing in a few years but after seeing the threads on Reddit and everything, it's a problem that many are experience. Basically the double kicks are near impossible to hit and if you do hit it, you probably got lucky.

Besides that, everything about the game brings back such great memories and knowing Harmonix, they will fix these issues and fine tune everything up. They have stated they are dedicated to Rock Band and will make it a fine tuned machine.

Yeah I at first thought it was due to me not playing in a few years but after seeing the threads on Reddit and everything, it's a problem that many are experience. Basically the double kicks are near impossible to hit and if you do hit it, you probably got lucky.

Besides that, everything about the game brings back such great memories and knowing Harmonix, they will fix these issues and fine tune everything up. They have stated they are dedicated to Rock Band and will make it a fine tuned machine.
They released a firmware update for the kick pedal issue today. http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/608/209/rock-band-4-wireless-controllers-firmware-updates

Yes, you have to free up your ID to use it on another controller/instrument
I finally figured it out. I had to drop out with my DS4 and then select guest with the guitar. I then had bring up the menu and change profiles. I was then able to select my profile with the guitar. It doesn't stay that way but I guess its not that big of deal

Kick pedal problem?
You have to lift your foot off the pedal almost entirely before pressing it again in order for it to register. It's nearly impossible to get 5 stars on any song that requires kicks in quick succession ("Toys in the Attic" for example). Or, if you're someone like me who's used to the Ions, I usually keep the pedal pressed down halfway at all times anyway. It's less tiring on the foot. This means the pedal won't register at all. It's a problem with the game apparently, as people have tried swapping pedals for older ones or third party and have the same issue. You'll notice the issue almost immediately if you're playing expert on anything higher than second-tier difficulty.

It's still playable, and if you don't care about your score, go all out with drum set upgrades. I'm holding out in case they end up putting the fix on the backburner until whenever.

The pads themselves also drop hits, but supposedly the new firmware update you can install helps that a bit.

Harmonix are great about updating their games. They're loyal, I'll give them that.

I'm still super bummed about the lack of existing RBN compatibility, and I think I always will be, since that's the one feature Harmonix have crushed out entirely with no hope of future incorporation. I'll forever have to hold onto my RB3 game and make that the game I bust out at parties because of that. RB4 will just have to be a single player game for me. Hell, 90% of the songs I used to play on a daily basis were RBN. I would turn on RB3 daily just to play Between the Buried & Me songs exclusively for awhile. I'll rebuy those songs at full price if I need to, I just can't go without them. Same with Third Eye Blind, Drowning Pool, and Seether as those three bands have always been party staples for me.

SIgh. Still waiting for my Legacy Adapter bundle at my local store.

I got several emails this week with changing availability. First it was moved to the 8th, then the 12th, and then today. Go to the store to pick it up, and they don't have it, and the release date is the 12th.

So aggravating,

The cymbal pack is no longer showing up on Mad Catz site. Really wished these had come out with everything else. I wanted to mess around with the drums on this one but want the cymbal pack before I do.

Having 2 cymbals doesn't work like it used to.  When you had 2 cymbals in RB3 it would adjust pro drums for it...on RB4 it keeps showing the cymbal I don't have and it won't accept me hitting the green pad instead.  Am I seriously being forced to buy a single cymbal if I want to be able to play pro drums?

anyone know where to get these in store?

http://www.amazon.com/Dreamgear-Rock-Pads-Band/dp/B001DL8OMQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1444433296&sr=8-4&keywords=rock+pads

had them and loved em, I see some plain ones on ebay for 10-12 prob best way to go
I never seen these before and now am curious. I tried doing some quick searches and only saw ebay and amazon as options to purchase. No B&M stores were listed. If you end up getting a set let me know how they work out for you. I had the original drums for RB1 and I wish I would of had something like this back then. I now have the RB4 drums and they are a lot better than RB1 drums but if I can get them even quieter that would be great.

SIgh. Still waiting for my Legacy Adapter bundle at my local store.

I got several emails this week with changing availability. First it was moved to the 8th, then the 12th, and then today. Go to the store to pick it up, and they don't have it, and the release date is the 12th.

So aggravating,
I gave up on BB and orderd from Amazon.

I never seen these before and now am curious. I tried doing some quick searches and only saw ebay and amazon as options to purchase. No B&M stores were listed. If you end up getting a set let me know how they work out for you. I had the original drums for RB1 and I wish I would of had something like this back then. I now have the RB4 drums and they are a lot better than RB1 drums but if I can get them even quieter that would be great.
yea I highly doubt your gonna be able to find those specifically. I asked my buddy where he got them from and said got them on clearance at miejers because they weren't selling lol. and that was like around rb2

I just got these last night, only ten bucks free shipping. I think he's out of the large black (will prob be relisted, I'd send a message if you wanted large black). The second link is the small black that your able to see the rings on the drum.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drumshhh-Rock-Band-Drum-Pads-Large-4-Color-/221869390389?hash=item33a8723a35

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drumshhh-Rock-Band-Drum-Pads-Small-Black-/221869390396?hash=item33a8723a3c

theres anther seller with hundreds sold for a couple bucks more but only have the full bright colors but for some reason I think the ones from the drumshhh are better. maybe not but just seems like it.

yea I highly doubt your gonna be able to find those specifically. I asked my buddy where he got them from and said got them on clearance at miejers because they weren't selling lol. and that was like around rb2

I just got these last night, only ten bucks free shipping. I think he's out of the large black (will prob be relisted, I'd send a message if you wanted large black). The second link is the small black that your able to see the rings on the drum.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drumshhh-Rock-Band-Drum-Pads-Large-4-Color-/221869390389?hash=item33a8723a35

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drumshhh-Rock-Band-Drum-Pads-Small-Black-/221869390396?hash=item33a8723a3c

theres anther seller with hundreds sold for a couple bucks more but only have the full bright colors but for some reason I think the ones from the drumshhh are better. maybe not but just seems like it.
I figured I can probably make something like those but for $10 I went ahead and bought them.

Just a heads up for those interested, Costco is currently selling the band-in-the-box bundle ( :ps4:  :xb1: ) for under $220 (I think it might be $215, can't really remember).

Those look well made. The fact that they cover the colors up is a turn off to me. My kids(6 & 11) play often and without the colors it might be more difficult for them.
dude also has them in "small" which doesn't cover up the colors on the pads.

and not sure if you saw these but these would def help with the color issue ;)

and yea they are very well made, didn't expect them to be this nice for only ten bucks. Would be nice if they were reusable prob would've paid more for that but for ten bucks can't beat it.

edit: idk picture isn't showing up for me on that second listing, if you goto his items for sale you can see them in the thumbnail if it's not in the listing for you either. Basically bright colored pads opposed to the black.

bread's done
Back