Rock Band 4 (PS4, X1) Out Now - Triple Cymbal Expansion Kit Available for Preorder

Deserter Goose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Some links to the bundles, as well as the standalone game, are below. Note that the Band-in-a-Box bundle has an MSRP of $249.99, whereas the Guitar Bundle has one of $129.99. The X1 standalone comes with a legacy adapter for your 360 guitars and drumsets, but costs $79.99; the PS4 can use PS3 instruments out of the gate and is only $59.99. You can also buy a legacy adapter separately, with the MSRP for that being $24.99.

Amazon

Best Buy - Don't forget GCU for 20% off!*
Gamestop

Target

Mad Catz Store

Xbox.com (Digital)

* If you buy GCU online, you'll have to take it to a local store to activate it. However, you'll still get 20% off of the bundle during checkout.  If you're buying at least the guitar bundle, you're basically getting GCU for free ($30).

The Triple Cymbal Expansion Kit is also available for preorder on Mad Catz's website for $49.99, with a release date of "Holiday 2015" (big thanks to BonedChaos for the information).

Most of the past DLC from the previous games will be compatible with this one (and is the main reason I bought an X1), but at least 150 songs will not be compatible. Furthermore, a list of exactly which legacy instruments are compatible with Rock Band 4 can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
The announcement made it seem like it needed to be a new copy. Is this not the case?
It's all speculation right now but the RB forums make it sound like as long as you have a physical copy (or digital on Xbox) they can authorize you have played the game, new or used. The codes weren't in the game after the first run so it's not dependent on a code is the general consensus. Harmonix is making it sound like as long as your profile shows you have played RB3, the export option should be available to you. No one will no for sure until it's been clarified how this will go down by Harmonix but this is what the general thoughts are over on the RB forums.

It's all speculation right now but the RB forums make it sound like as long as you have a physical copy (or digital on Xbox) they can authorize you have played the game, new or used. The codes weren't in the game after the first run so it's not dependent on a code is the general consensus. Harmonix is making it sound like as long as your profile shows you have played RB3, the export option should be available to you. No one will no for sure until it's been clarified how this will go down by Harmonix but this is what the general thoughts are over on the RB forums.
it will prob happen like your saying but if it doesn't it's kinda messed up RB3 is being pulled from the marketplace end of the month. You would think they would extended there license anther year. Once the export option starts happening people will have to pay out the ass on ebay instead of harmonix making the money.

My copy of Rock Band 3 has a random string of letters printed above an ad for Dance Central on the back of the manual. Doesn't even say what it's for or that it's even a code; is that what everyone's referring to?

My copy of Rock Band 3 has a random string of letters printed above an ad for Dance Central on the back of the manual. Doesn't even say what it's for or that it's even a code; is that what everyone's referring to?
Same here not sure if thats the code we will need or not

Same here not sure if thats the code we will need or not
prob might as well try it when it happens

and I took pictures of my export codes and might of missed rb3. I took a picture of the bonus track pack that looks like this

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/10/rockband2ib530.jpg

now I'm pretty sure that doesn't also work as the export code so idk if I should purchase rb3 or not on the marketplace to make sure I'm able too. But again if later copies didn't have export codes I'm sure there is some other process to detect you've played/owned it before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Best Buy GCU people. Finally the Legacy Adapter Version for Xbox One is in stock at Best Buy.

Ordered it this morning. I've been trying to acquire it from Best Buy since release.

Rock Band 4 Game with Legacy Adapter Xbox One
Saw this last night. Decided to wait it out until Harmonix irons out all the kinks with the DLC and Exporting. Besides, now it's not available for shipping and not in any stores within 250 miles. With all the games coming out in the next three weeks, I'm better off.

Saw this last night. Decided to wait it out until Harmonix irons out all the kinks with the DLC and Exporting. Besides, now it's not available for shipping and not in any stores within 250 miles. With all the games coming out in the next three weeks, I'm better off.
Its still fun as ever but I agree I am not even playing the career mode until I get all my export songs

Rock band 3 export is now available. Can anyone confirm if I can use used ps3 copy for it to work?

They use an automated system to see if you are eligible. I used my copy of rb3 on my PS3 two days prior to the export being available and played long enough to get 3 or 4 achievements and was eligible for the export. There are a few easy ones you can get within 20-30 mins of playing. And make sure to sync your trophies afterwards.

Also on topic if you have the cymbal kit for rb3 they are compatible. I use mine with rb4 and no issues. If you go to their support page on their website there is a list of compatible instruments and majority are.

The :xb1: RB3 export is up. $14.99 and you can use Xbox currency. I was eligible for it and haven't played the game for years so I'm guessing they're validating it as long as A) you have it listed on your games played or B) have at least an achievement for it.

bread's done
Back