Rock Band Collection (360/PS3) $170 (MSRP) shipped, PS2 version $150 at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
If you don't want to schlep this stuff home, Amazon is offering up free shipping.
EB/GS are charging an extra $10 shipping charge.

Release date is November 20th. It is also conceivable that this stuff could be very hard to find during the holiday season.

$170
:ps3:Rock Band Collection (PS3)

:360:Rock Band Collection (Xbox 360)

$160 $150
:ps2:Rock Band Collection (PS2)
(12/11/07 release)

Guitar Compatibility: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164005
Guitar Hero II's X-Plorer
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Guitar Hero III's Les Paul
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Rock Band's Stratocaster
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Unknown, but unlikely
Guitar Hero III? No

I ordered a wireless headset from them while a prime member and they shipped it for free ground shipping even though I selected the 2 day. It came 5 days late and they wouldnt even apologize much less give me any kind of compensation. Prime is a scam as far as I am concerned.

Well this is odd...

Shipping estimate:November 26, 2007
arrow_subordinate._V47081670_.gif
Delivery estimate:November 20, 2007

So they are going to ship it on the 26th but it will show up on the 20th... back to the future? I tracked it and it looks like it was in Reno around 8pm so I should have it tomorrow afternoon. Some times Amazon really does come through.

Went to Houston Galleria tonight. Had about 100 or so people in line. When I left they had a lot of 360 left and probably 5 ps3 versions left. I'm guessing the PS3 version will be harder to find? I thought that, too, with GHIII but it doesn' t seem to be the case.

I preordered mine from Circuit City two or three weeks ago. It says it will ship tomorrow, but it says estimated date of arrival is December 10?! Teh suck!

Grabbed one for me and my brother at Walmart - found a pallet of them in the Christmas area and just grabbed some with 30 minutes before midnight. Tried to take them to a clueless cashier but the register rejected them. Waited until midnight and the shift manager rolls the pallet out and asks how we got them. I told him they were just sitting next to the Christmas trees, it didn't say we couldn't take them or anything. He just shrugged and we checked out and left. BTW, this game is awesome so far.

Edit - Of the 12 units they had, 8 were Xbox 360 and 4 were PS3. Definitely appears to be more 360 versions out there. I'm really interested in seeing what happens with shipments after this intial weekend. You've got to think the word of mouth is going to catch on fast.

Just got back from the midnight launch (BB) in Sherman Oaks, CA -- they had 50 bundles for the 360 and ZERO for PS3. Strange thing is only like 2 people walked away when they announced that. About 175 people there total. I didn't get one.

Wow when they announced that there were only 10 PS3 Rockbands in the WLA location, 1/3 the line left.

so I got a 360 Version at home now and a PS3 version coming via Amazon and I still don't know which one to keep.. =/

This is hilarious.

I bought my Rock Band Bundle off of a seller on ebay. It was $169.99 plus $19.99 for 2 day ups shipping.

I got confirmation from my seller yesteday with a tracking number, and it is in Transit right now, to be delivered later on today at my house.

This is great!

[quote name='CokeCola']I paid for overnight shipping, it "shipped" on 11/18, and the estimated arrival is 11/21. It shipped UPS ground. You'd think that since I paid for overnight, they could ship it on Monday and... I don't know... overnight it so that I get it on release day. I'm still hoping it comes through tomorrow.

As for availability, my Target got 12 for Xbox 360 and 4 for PS3. We have nowhere to put them.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. My situation is a bit worse, since I have it shipped to an address that after thursday I won't be at until December 14th.

Picked up a PS3 RockBand this morning from the Target near my house about a half an hour after the store opened. There wasn't even a line when I got there. They had a ton for the 360, but not too many for the PS3. I am pleased considering the fact that I was once again screwed over by Amazon in terms of my preorder. I will wait until Amazon ships the game to me and return it to Target so that I can at least save $15 in tax.

I'm carless until about 2:30 today. Amazon is pissing me off so hopefully someone will still have a copy by then. Either getting my sister's employee discount at Target or the even cheaper one that Sam's Club has.

I bought it at Target today...two of us waited for it (got there 30 mins early). There was 3 360s and 4 PS3s. We both bought 360s.

Gonna still try to get it today at TRU (with gift card, coupons)...however, as of 9:00am today, they still had not received their delivery.

Woot. Got the last one at TRU (they JUST had their shipment come in). The other one is going back to Target. Love having gift cards from their 360 promotion (100 gift card) and their SMG promition (25 gift card)!

i got it today at target too. they had a bunch. apparently everyone was buying the 360 version. bf requested that version so that's what he got! haha

-Kat

[quote name='jdangerc']This is hilarious.

I bought my Rock Band Bundle off of a seller on ebay. It was $169.99 plus $19.99 for 2 day ups shipping.

I got confirmation from my seller yesteday with a tracking number, and it is in Transit right now, to be delivered later on today at my house.

This is great![/QUOTE]

I can't wait until you realize you paid for a box of rocks and some miniature plastic instruments :D

Picked up my 360 version preorder from GameStop in Lake Jackson, TX today... Paid entirely with tradeins, so I'm feeling good. Can't wait to play!

Can anyone test to see if the wired ps2 GH SG controller will work on the ps3 version of rock band? What adapter did you use to play your controller on the ps3?

Those that received theirs from Amazon already: Was the box shipped with the shipping labels directly on them or did they put it in a larger box?

So for anyone who gets their Amazon order today, can you post how they packed it? Did they just slap a shipping label on the box? (which I sort of assume they will given the size :/ )

(ok, that is just entirely creepy to see the message before mine posted at exactly the same time)

[quote name='serum79']Picked up a PS3 RockBand this morning from the Target near my house about a half an hour after the store opened. There wasn't even a line when I got there. They had a ton for the 360, but not too many for the PS3. I am pleased considering the fact that I was once again screwed over by Amazon in terms of my preorder. I will wait until Amazon ships the game to me and return it to Target so that I can at least save $15 in tax.[/QUOTE]

Wow, Amazon 'screws up' so you stick it to Target. And then everyone will complain when Target tightens their return policies.

[quote name='Justin42']So for anyone who gets their Amazon order today, can you post how they packed it? Did they just slap a shipping label on the box? (which I sort of assume they will given the size :/ )

(ok, that is just entirely creepy to see the message before mine posted at exactly the same time)[/quote]

Don't have it yet myself but all the pics I've seen so far have it inside another box.

[quote name='Justin42']So for anyone who gets their Amazon order today, can you post how they packed it? Did they just slap a shipping label on the box? (which I sort of assume they will given the size :/ )

(ok, that is just entirely creepy to see the message before mine posted at exactly the same time)[/quote]I'm in your head man. :lol: Or great minds think alike. Whichever works.

[quote name='areeve']Wow, Amazon 'screws up' so you stick it to Target. And then everyone will complain when Target tightens their return policies.[/quote]

I wouldn't call that sticking it to Target, regardless they get their product back sealed and unopened just how I purchased it and they will sell it to someone else, no big deal. There is no harm done. This doesn't do anything to Target as I am not ripping them off or swindeling them in any way. This also has no affect on their return policy because I am abiding by that policy. You are over reacting

Ugh. Amazon really screwed over anyone who bought this thing via overnight shipping. If I would have orderd free ground it would have been here, and now waiting for the package tomorrow is going to screw up my travle plans.

Anyway, mine shipped via Fedex yestery, the tracking said it's supposed to be here today by 3pm, and it's only halfway here in Mempis, TN as of an hour ago.

For some reason the weight of the package is listed as 43 lbs. It can't be that heavy. For those who got it shipped overnight via Fedex, did you get yours? What was the listed weight?

Thanks!

[quote name='2&2']Ugh. Amazon really screwed over anyone who bought this thing via overnight shipping. If I would have orderd free ground it would have been here, and now waiting for the package tomorrow is going to screw up my travle plans.

Anyway, mine shipped via Fedex yestery, the tracking said it's supposed to be here today by 3pm, and it's only halfway here in Mempis, TN as of an hour ago.

For some reason the weight of the package is listed as 43 lbs. It can't be that heavy. For those who got it shipped overnight via Fedex, did you get yours? What was the listed weight?

Thanks![/quote]Everything you said here is true in my case. Overnight, FedEx, Memphis at 1:45, 43 lbs., scheduled today before 3pm. Kinda sucks, since I've been waiting around all day, listening for the bell. Well, the day's not over yet, so there's still some hope.

I ordered mine from amazon.com via overnight and I received it in today via fedex. It came in at around noon and the weight listed was either 22 or 23 pounds and yes, the game set box comes packed in a larger box for shipping.

Edit: Sure this doesn't matter, but I preordered mine on the 23rd of July, 360 version.

[quote name='modium']Everything you said here is true in my case. Overnight, FedEx, Memphis at 1:45, 43 lbs., scheduled today before 3pm. Kinda sucks, since I've been waiting around all day, listening for the bell. Well, the day's not over yet, so there's still some hope.[/quote]
Called Fedex. Not coming today. Delayed flight. Tomorrow instead. I did request that they put a note to push for an early delivery by 10:30 AM tomorrow (priority overnight cutoff) instead of 3pm (standard) since it was their delay, and they did. We'll see.

huh...I ordered mine with overnight shipping. Went out Monday, and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Total garbage. I'm going to demand my money back on Shipping.

[quote name='2&2']Called Fedex. Not coming today. Delayed flight. Tomorrow instead. I did request that they put a note to push for an early delivery by 10:30 AM tomorrow (priority overnight cutoff) instead of 3pm (standard) since it was their delay, and they did. We'll see.[/QUOTE]

Same, I took the morning off to receive this and it's been delayed. I'm so pissed right now.

Watch out guys, pretty widespread reports that the strum bar (downwards strum) breaks really easily. This is confirmed by all the demos and store units i've seen. The Strum down is almost always broken. I can't believe they didn't fix this despite the obvious problems in the demo units

http://community.rockband.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=8461

Affects both ps3 and xb360 ones.

I like the rockband guitar, but this is just rediculous

[quote name='gravkill']Update 3 -

My order finally says shipping soon. If it ships tomorrow I will be quite happy. I wish the help reps were armed with more information, instead of giving me the template email excuses.[/QUOTE]

My preorder from 9/28/2007 finally shipped today. Ironically, I received the shipped email 10 minutes after I got home from buying a copy from Best Buy.

Hey guys! I received my Rock Band bundle from Amazon by 10 am this morning thanks to FedEx (and my standard 2-day Amazon Prime delivery). I would have posted sooner, but I've been playing all day. The Rock Band box came inside a regular (see: huge) Amazon box, and was pretty damn heavy.
I haven't experienced any problems with the strum bar yet. It feels a little tighter than the GH guitars. Like there's actually resistance (ala real strings) when you press it. The plastic the Strat is made of feels cheaper than the hard plastic used in the GH guitars, but hopefully it'll hold up. Attaching the jumbo style head on the Strat was a bit of a pain since I was scared to force it, but eventually it clicked into place (I don't know who would ever want to change the heads anyway, but at least it's not a "detachable neck")

The drums are fantastic! The legs aren't heavy duty, but they do the job. You can tell time was actually spent on the pads though. They're heavy duty rubber (similar to real electronic drum pads...just CHEAPER). The kick pedal works well, and actually feels like a kick. I can see non-musical people getting frustrated with the drums though, because in my opinion, they're much harder to "fake". Playing drums in this game is far more than just hitting the corresponding button when it reaches the "hit point". You actually do need to have rhythm...especially when you get all 3 limbs working at once. Fun as hell though!

I haven't used the mic yet because I'm getting over a cold. I can't wait to sing some of these songs though. The game has a really great song list! So far, I'm liking this WAY more than GH3. Can't wait to play online! I also can't wait to attempt playing guitar and singing at the same time! The mic is bigger than a standard (Shure SM58) mic, but if you have a clamp mic clip, it should work. Can you tell I've been anticipating this game for almost a year??? Haha...I'm also looking for an online band. More than likely, I wanna play guitar and sing. Holler at me if you're interested. Peace fellas!

Man... if Amazon would have left my shipping at 1 day i would have had it today, but oooooooooohhhh nooooooooo they changed it to 2 day shipping for shits and giggles.

Grrrrr....

[quote name='hhhdx4']i would pay the 10 extra bucks for the ps3 version.[/QUOTE]

That's great and all but I don't want to buy a PS2 version NOW and find out later when I upgrade to the PS3 that it doesn't work anymore. I'd rather just wait until I get the PS3.

Man, rockband is selling out everywhere! Hmmm...Went with an amazon preorder, but man, I didn't want to spend that much. Who knows, maybe this will be worth a flip with the insane demand!

My amazon order was the same horse shaq fu with overnight shipping. It was stuck in memphis and before that reno nv coming to NJ. I called amazon and they are e-mailing me a $10 credit for a future purchase. Anyone else got more out of them??

I just canceled my Amazon pre-order because I found the last PS3 copy at my local Target late at night. I set up the drums and played two songs on the guitar -- at first glance, Harmonix is definitely going after an older crowd with this game. Everything seems more mature, elegant and streamlined. I love the vibe of the art direction. The animation of the rockers are fantastic, with a quasi-realistic live-action camera feel to the music videos. The guitar feels great in hand.

I'm dead tired, so the real test will be with friends over the holiday weekend.

Posted in the semi-wrong thread:

Question to those who bought it online - did it come in a separate brown box or was the shipping label slapped onto the original box for all the world to see that you bought rock star?

[quote name='nikkai']Posted in the semi-wrong thread:

Question to those who bought it online - did it come in a separate brown box or was the shipping label slapped onto the original box for all the world to see that you bought rock star?[/quote]

I answered this question in my brief "review" of the game 7 posts above yours. If it was on a different page, I'd repeat it. But for Christ's sake, at least read through the last page of the thread.

bread's done
Back