Rock Band Collection (360/PS3) $170 (MSRP) shipped, PS2 version $150 at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
If you don't want to schlep this stuff home, Amazon is offering up free shipping.
EB/GS are charging an extra $10 shipping charge.

Release date is November 20th. It is also conceivable that this stuff could be very hard to find during the holiday season.

$170
:ps3:Rock Band Collection (PS3)

:360:Rock Band Collection (Xbox 360)

$160 $150
:ps2:Rock Band Collection (PS2)
(12/11/07 release)

Guitar Compatibility: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164005
Guitar Hero II's X-Plorer
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Guitar Hero III's Les Paul
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Rock Band's Stratocaster
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Unknown, but unlikely
Guitar Hero III? No

[quote name='Luckychunk']I just canceled my Amazon pre-order because I found the last PS3 copy at my local Target late at night. I set up the drums and played two songs on the guitar -- at first glance, Harmonix is definitely going after an older crowd with this game. Everything seems more mature, elegant and streamlined. I love the vibe of the art direction. The animation of the rockers are fantastic, with a quasi-realistic live-action camera feel to the music videos. The guitar feels great in hand.

I'm dead tired, so the real test will be with friends over the holiday weekend.[/quote]
I agree with this whole-heartedly. I've literally played Rock Band all day today, and feel like I haven't even scratched the surface with what it has to offer. I've played local multiplayer (world tour) with my fiancee, online multiplayer (quickplay), started solo careers in guitar and singing, and even got around to playing guitar and singing at the same time.

I had to stick to songs I knew decently well since I couldn't really look at the lyrics/pitches while playing guitar. It was really fun though! The ONLY thing I don't like is not allowing your rocker to be a multi-instrumentalist. I had to create a character for each instrument. Minor complaint though.

To me, this game blows GH3 out of the water. It's like you can see who the brains in the Red Octane/Harmonix marriage was. The gameplay is fantastic, and as Luckychunk mentioned, the animations are amazing! I've never really paid much attention to the background while playing Guitar Hero or even Karaoke Revolution, but the camera angles, special effects, and overall cinematic style in this game are truly breathtaking.

Just let me put it this way, playing the vocal part on "Don't Fear the Reaper" is the most fun experience you'll ever have. I won't spoil it for anybody, but I will say it just needs more cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell baby!

[quote name='kevzik']Man, rockband is selling out everywhere! Hmmm...Went with an amazon preorder, but man, I didn't want to spend that much. Who knows, maybe this will be worth a flip with the insane demand![/QUOTE]

not around here....walmart had tons of these this afternoon and sams club had at least 10 sets for $149.97

Holy crap just got home and DAMN that's a big box!

Did all you guys complaining about overnight shipping, not get it today?

I can kinda understand the frustration knowing that ground shipped earlier but 1)It was only $3.99 for me (which might be why I'm not bothered at all) 2) I am so glad to have it and not have to worry about driving everywhere stressing on finding the game.

Going thru Amazon saved me way more in time, gas, taxes, and frustration.

I paid for overnight shipping and mine won't be here until tomorrow. I had to complain a few times to Amazon to finally get the $3.99 refunded. Probably just as well because I'm sure I would have missed the UPS truck today anyways.

[quote name='Justin42']So for anyone who gets their Amazon order today, can you post how they packed it? Did they just slap a shipping label on the box? (which I sort of assume they will given the size :/ )

(ok, that is just entirely creepy to see the message before mine posted at exactly the same time)[/quote]

Nope. came in a bigger box than the rock band box and that was pretty tore up on one side, because nothing was in the box but the rock band bundle. No plastic wrap, foam, nothing. But when I opened it, I found it in great condition. I'm still suprised that just using standard shipping they shipped it in one day, amazon can certainly blow me away sometimes. Also got Fire Pro wrestleing too.

In their return policy, you can have them ship you a guitar, then you ship your broken one back in the same box. They take your credit card and charge you if you don't return the old one.

Wouldn't this work as a way to purchase the guitar seperately?

Playing guitar and singing at the same time in Rock Band is fun!
I even managed to do a song I hadn't heard before (yeah yeah yeahs).
Only on medium for now though, heh.

So, my FedEx tracking info no longer shows any scheduled delivery and it's still stuck in Memphis. And the weight changed from 43 to 22 pounds.

I've been trying not to worry about the whole thing, but wtf?

Edit: Mine arrived at my local sorting facility precisely two minutes after I posted. I KNEW that'd happen. :p

[quote name='modium']So, my FedEx tracking info no longer shows any scheduled delivery and it's still stuck in Memphis. And the weight changed from 43 to 22 pounds.

I've been trying not to worry about the whole thing, but wtf?

Edit: Mine arrived at my local sorting facility precisely two minutes after I posted. I KNEW that'd happen. :p[/QUOTE]

That gives me some relief, mine still says Memphis as of last night, no updates for this morning yet.

When you check your tracking, make sure you do it at fedex.com instead of through Amazon. According to Amazon my package is still in Memphis, but when I check fedex.com it says it's here in Tampa and out for delivery as of 8:30am.

Just want to say Merry Rock Band Christmas to everybody who will be getting their game today. For whatever crazy reason, I seemed to be one of a select few who actually got his from Amazon yesterday. Just enjoy the game! Whip out your microphone and sing "Don't Fear the Reaper". You'll never look back.

I was surprised I got mine yesterday. I ordered earlier this month. It shipped on the 19th and got to my house at 6:15 on the 20th with free shipping. I assumed it wasn't coming that day when I got home and it wasn't there. I've never had something delivered after 3:00.

Wow, ZERO copies of Rock Band at my Best Buy. Won't be in until the end of next week. They blamed it on a shipping issue.... How rediculous is that? There's a whole bunch now at a Circuit City, so I guess it's not as popular right now as anticipated.

It's 1.45pm here and my fedex tracking still says it's in Memphis as of 11pm last night. This is getting really frustrating. Anyone else around NYC/NJ area that ordered overnight from Amazon have the same thing?

[quote name='OtherAdam']It's 1.45pm here and my fedex tracking still says it's in Memphis as of 11pm last night. This is getting really frustrating. Anyone else around NYC/NJ area that ordered overnight from Amazon have the same thing?[/quote]

4:48pm east coast time (NY) and mine also has been showing Memphis since tuesday at 1:45.

I wonder whats up. Now im thinking im going to get a real banged up box or damaged.

I was really looking forward to playing it tonight and thru the holiday weekend.

Anyone else have it stuck in Memphis keep us posted

mine still says OUT FOR DELIVERY. UPS came 10 mins ago with something else I got from another place...no rockband. Not only did it take all day, but they didn't even deliver it? WTF so angry.

paid for 1day shipping too, and got screwed(they mailed it 2day), Thanks Amazon.

I called them asking if they would possibly come twice in a day (well whatevers left of this day) and they said yes. Said something about having lots more trucks on the road today. I just see we got the one that has lost his way apparently.

[quote name='OtherAdam']It's 1.45pm here and my fedex tracking still says it's in Memphis as of 11pm last night. This is getting really frustrating. Anyone else around NYC/NJ area that ordered overnight from Amazon have the same thing?[/quote]

I'm in the same boat. FedEx manages to disappoint me yet again.

I broke down and drove to Best Buy as soon as I got off work and bought it there. fuck FedEx. It's STILL showing as in "left memphis". Good overnight they have there. I'm probably going to just reject it when it comes and let it go back to Amazon.

[quote name='_Sin_']still waiting for mine 6:17pm est here

supposedly they only deliver until 7....anger rising.[/QUOTE]

Lies. I used to work for UPS, they try to have all the deliveries done by 7, but will go later if they're not finished. Right now is the beginning of their peak season, expect later delivery times until after Xmas.

he got here a little around 6:30, the box looked crushed. I was really expecting to open up a smashed box of RB but the RB came through unscathed. that brown exterior box looked horrid.

i hate ups, but i got my game

I suck at this but damn its fun~!

stupid UPS guy comes around 12 usually but at 2:10 he still wasn't at my dorms so i scoured for him with my car. i found ups trucks and they told me the relative area of where the guy who delivers to the school is and that there are 3 of them. i found one in the area and he had my box. took it and drove home 2 hours past my schedule.

Woot, got mine today! Actually, it's delivered to my parents, and I'm glad I did it that way since holy hell this box is huge. My dad sorta gets it (he likes the idea of the Guitar Hero games but every time I sit him down with a guitar, even on easy, he can't even make it through the first chorus of any song), my mom thinks I may as well have ordered a huge box of rocks.

Oh well. I'm leaving the Amazon shipping box behind as a cat toy.

[quote name='Justin42']Woot, got mine today! Actually, it's delivered to my parents, and I'm glad I did it that way since holy hell this box is huge. My dad sorta gets it (he likes the idea of the Guitar Hero games but every time I sit him down with a guitar, even on easy, he can't even make it through the first chorus of any song), my mom thinks I may as well have ordered a huge box of rocks.

Oh well. I'm leaving the Amazon shipping box behind as a cat toy.[/quote]

Haha, glad you've joined the ranks man. My dad has had a similar experience with GH. He actually can play guitar, but couldn't get through a song in GH. He thinks it has more to do with how quickly you can process and relay information coming at you (and of course the younger generation is going to have an edge there). I kind of agree. In musical terms, these games are more like constant sightreading, rather than just playing music. It's basically the principle of not knowing what's coming, but reacting to it.

I got mine yesterday, the box was so big my parents thought it was a fridge.

But damn it, my rockband set was missing parts. My guitar is missing the top "fender" part, and I didn't get a guitar strap either.

Very nice, its been in stock for a few days now. I don't know what it is, but I see copies everywhere in Central Jersey. I guess we got flooded with them.

where are they at in central jersey because all i can find are ones for the ps3. I would rather buy it in a store because i have all those xmas gift cards to burn.

[quote name='Dicerion']where are they at in central jersey because all i can find are ones for the ps3. I would rather buy it in a store because i have all those xmas gift cards to burn.[/quote]

I saw some at Best Buy in East Hanover and the Gamestop on Rt. 1 in Edison. I should be going out later and I can check more stores for you

I've seen them all over Hudson County, as well. I was a bit surprised, but I guess as the holidays got closer, everyone who wanted one already found one. I had to stop myself from getting one. I've spent too much money over the month, thanks to this place.

I have to say I love this game. My dad was very nice this year and looked all around the internet for this to get it before xmas and he ended up getting it at amazon just in time. The game is great it makes you feele so more like a true rock star than GH 1 or 2(I don't know about 3 have yet to play that one). This game seems to me to be well worth the price.
P.S. IT IS SOO MUCH FUN!

I have to decide today if im going to order this or not (I'd have to do 2 day shipping to get it by friday, I'm going back to college saturday or sunday). Even with paying the $9 for 2 day shipping thats still cheaper than tax would be to buy it at the store. Still paying almost $180 for one game seems like a ton of money..

[quote name='kunfumike']I have to say I love this game. My dad was very nice this year and looked all around the internet for this to get it before xmas and he ended up getting it at amazon just in time. The game is great it makes you feele so more like a true rock star than GH 1 or 2(I don't know about 3 have yet to play that one). This game seems to me to be well worth the price.
P.S. IT IS SOO MUCH FUN![/quote]

Agreed, I just picked up GH3 Saturday, and it was a complete letdown playing it directly after RockBand. If you have the extra $70, I highly reccomend it over GH3. And from how it looks, you can't play the Rock Band guitar on GH3? Am I the only one with that problem?

[quote name='stewie75']Agreed, I just picked up GH3 Saturday, and it was a complete letdown playing it directly after RockBand. If you have the extra $70, I highly reccomend it over GH3. And from how it looks, you can't play the Rock Band guitar on GH3? Am I the only one with that problem?[/quote]

nope.

rock band guitar CAN'T be used on guitar hero 3

BUT.

guitar hero 3 guitar CAN be used on rock band

and for the Central Jersey comment, I haven't seen any 360 versions since I got mine in mid December... just PS3 versions.

I live in central Jersey, picked up RB 360 yesterday at Circuit City in East Brunswick. Was also in the EB Best Buy and Freehold Best Buy.

bread's done
Back