Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
does any one know if you beat meduim on solo tour you get the achievement for easy as well? i've been playing world tour mostly so i havent beaten any solo tours.

[quote name='triforcer']does any one know if you beat meduim on solo tour you get the achievement for easy as well? i've been playing world tour mostly so i havent beaten any solo tours.[/QUOTE]

Yes. So, if you beat a solo tour on expert, you get easy, medium and hard achievements also. This also applies to the Endless Set List achievements in Band World Tour, however, keep in mind it goes from your band's lowest difficulty level. (If everybody is playing at expert, except for one person playing at easy, you will all only get the easy achievement)

ok ok I just got some info from my friends girlsfriend who works for Microsoft in the marketplace dept. Songs will be up at 7 AM PST (dont ask me why, standard procedure) OK and no reason to question my intel since I personaly couldn't care less for these songs, and if I wanted to I'd say it was a Blink 182 pack.

Anywho, There are four (4) songs coming out today:

REM - Loosing my religion ($.99) 80 MSP
Sly and The Family Stone - Dance to the music ($.99) 80 MSP
38th Parallel - Horizon ($.99) 80 MSP
The Dresden Dolls - Shores of California (.$99) 80 MSP

Like I said not my favorites but meh, what can you do. Happy new year everyone.

from the rock band forums... take it with a grain of salt.

This game is insanely awesome, but man, the desperately need some new and much better DL content. A lot of shit that no one is into on there. Where are the hits? Where's the metal?

[quote name='Chris in Cali']This game is insanely awesome, but man, the desperately need some new and much better DL content. A lot of shit that no one is into on there. Where are the hits? Where's the metal?[/quote]
shit that no one is into? The police, queens of the stone age, weezer. Hell, and most of that is Dlc as well as in game. The song has a great soundtrack, much more diversified than gh3.

[quote name='csalzman']http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/01/01/rock-band-tracks-various-1-1-08.aspx

Looks like this is the new DLC:

"Gimme Three Steps" as performed by Lynyrd Skynyrd
"Hard to Handle" as made famous by the Black Crowes
"Limelight" as made famous by Rush

Some pretty good stuff there, I'm getting all 3.[/QUOTE]

I just saw clips(of the real songs) on youtube and I'm getting all three. I'm such a DLC whore. Plus having so many songs on my rock band will give me more of a reason to skip Guitar Hero 3 when it comes out.

I'm sure I'll eventually hit over 100 songs in RB at this rate.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']This game is insanely awesome, but man, the desperately need some new and much better DL content. A lot of shit that no one is into on there. Where are the hits? Where's the metal?[/QUOTE]

Dude, what bands do you want to see on RB? Out off all the the RB DLC you can't find anything you like? Guitar hero 2/3 has what like 12 DLC songs? How many of those do you consider golden?

You know you can go to the rock band site and ask for DLC requests. Then go to your favorite band's web site and ask the folks there to ask for the same thing. You never know you might get lucky. It's beats complaining about the DLC.

[quote name='mcgavin27']from the rock band forums... take it with a grain of salt.[/quote]
The only song I know from those 3 is "Losing My Religion," and I love "Orange Crush," so I might pick that up if it's true.

I haven't heard of the other 2, makes me feel young (in a bad way).

On the DLC from Major Nelson, I'm definitely getting the Rush track, I don't know about the others.

All three are 160pts, BTW.

I got and have been playing Rock Band and have a huge gripe. Why can't I form my own super group? If I'm doing my guitar solo career I want my other user created drummer and singer in my group, not generic default ones.

Limelight will be awesome on Rock Band.

I wish I had this game, I'm just holding out a few more weeks to see what more DLC is coming before I purchase blindly (GHII, I'm looking at you. Most DLC in a game, pfft.)

I downloaded limelight and gimme three steps. They are both very fun. I think I just might download "hard to handle", what's another $2?

Mm I think I'll pass this week. Especially if the covers are poor.

I've pretty much budgeted about a song a week for the next few months, I'll just save this one for the Who album.

[quote name='evanft']Wow, the Limelight cover is balls-out awful.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever said one good thing about this game?

I thought you were a fan considering you made the original thread for it.

Look at evanft's sig.

Clearly, he's a man of impeccable taste.

[quote name='seanr1221']Have you ever said one good thing about this game?

I thought you were a fan considering you made the original thread for it.[/QUOTE]

When there are good things to say, I will say them. I did download some of the DLC, after all, and it was all quite good.

Limelight is a great song and well worth grabbing IMO.
Nobody is going to sing like Geddy, I don't consider that a problem.
Besides I would rather do the vox myself anyway.

The Skynyrd song is good too. I'm pretty dubious on the Black Crowes though.
I have to hear the song first cuz I don't want to get stuck with another annoying song on the set list.

My leg/foot hurts while playing drums. Any advice?

I'm also looking to get rid of my guitar. Only tested it to make sure it was in working order considering alot were faulty when shipped. PM me.

Try to rest your foot in the down position in between bass drum hits.
Hovering over the pedal will make your leg/foot sore after a while.

Well I got the game today but I might have broken instruments. First off, the drum set D-pad does not work. I can't even enter my name for a band because I can't move left/right/up/down to enter my name since the D-pad doesn't work. Is this a problem they were having with them? Also the head of my guitar will not snap on. I pushed pretty hard and it will not snap all the way in place, anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='kaptinmorgan']rush is rad, how bout some yyz?[/quote]
No vocals.

I'm getting sick of everyone suggesting this song when it's impossible for it to ever be in Rock Band. Every Rush request on the official site includes YYZ, and any time anything prog rock is mentioned someone throws it in. Yes it's a good song, but there's a formula here and YYZ doesn't fit.

oh yeah thats a good point, i forgot about that, maybe some roll the bones or something, any rush is pretty much good rush, even styx would be cool

My kick pedal snapped just as I was starting gimme three steps. I don't even play with shoes on or higher than medium. Should I just send the entire drum set? It's probably bound to die too. I already had to send the guitar back.

Man I'm thinking of getting this but it sounds like the instruments break alot. Is it too fragile or are you guys slam-dancing with the things? I've got an 8 year old an a 2.5 year old and this is holding me back.

Last night I played Rock Band for about four hours, and had a blast. I was on vocals the whole time, and it sounded great. Then today I went to play again, and the mic has a huge delay on it, and it's basically unusable. What the fuck happened? It's impossible to sing when everything I'm saying echos back at me a second after I said it. It's really bad, and it wasn't like that last night at all. I tried calibrating the game under every setting, and manually a bunch of times, but that didn't do anything.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Last night I played Rock Band for about four hours, and had a blast. I was on vocals the whole time, and it sounded great. Then today I went to play again, and the mic has a huge delay on it, and it's basically unusable. What the fuck happened? It's impossible to sing when everything I'm saying echos back at me a second after I said it. It's really bad, and it wasn't like that last night at all. I tried calibrating the game under every setting, and manually a bunch of times, but that didn't do anything.[/QUOTE]

That's....really odd. Maybe you should check out the Rock Band boards and see what they say?

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Last night I played Rock Band for about four hours, and had a blast. I was on vocals the whole time, and it sounded great. Then today I went to play again, and the mic has a huge delay on it, and it's basically unusable. What the fuck happened? It's impossible to sing when everything I'm saying echos back at me a second after I said it. It's really bad, and it wasn't like that last night at all. I tried calibrating the game under every setting, and manually a bunch of times, but that didn't do anything.[/quote]

Divine intervention?

My friend got a bundle yesterday right when it came in, all the instruments work flawlessly. Hopefully this means all the kinks have been worked out in the instruments.

I powered off my system for about two hours, and fired Rock Band up again. The mic went back to normal with no echo/delay/lag effect. It was really strange though, I hope it doesn't happen again because the game is awesome.

Just broke open my edition gibven to my by the girlfriend for Christmas. She was sleeping, so I didn't get into drums or vocals yet, but I actually like the guitar a lot. The quiet strum bar is an improvement over the Xplorer's click clack.

Looking forward to getting into drums tonight.

I wish I could sing better and had a mic stand. I'm beating songs hard guitar/easy voice with my mic resting on my entertainment center, but it doesn't sound pretty. My wife can only take it for about half an hour at a time. I'm pretty sure if I came home with a mic stand she would walk out the door.

[quote name='Rainman']is there any way to get the songs uncut with all the fucking cussing? what about for gh3[/quote]
Harmonix has said that future DLC has the potential to be uncut.

[quote name='jkanownik']I wish I could sing better and had a mic stand. I'm beating songs hard guitar/easy voice with my mic resting on my entertainment center, but it doesn't sound pretty. My wife can only take it for about half an hour at a time. I'm pretty sure if I came home with a mic stand she would walk out the door.[/quote]

I gave up on trying to use the included mic while playing an instrument, I just use a headset. I feel like an idiot making noises during the tambourine parts, not sure what to do about that.

[quote name='guessed']I gave up on trying to use the included mic while playing an instrument, I just use a headset. I feel like an idiot making noises during the tambourine parts, not sure what to do about that.[/QUOTE]
Haha, my sister initially thought that's what you were supposed to do, until I heard her screaming "POW...POW POW POW.....POW" into the mic and corrected her. Do whatever works, I guess:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back