Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who are looking to upgrade, I ended up exporting the songs and selling the game and instruments on Craigslist for $110, which I figure isn't bad considering I still have most of the songs from the first one and when I bought RB originally I got it from Sam's for 150something. Just something to think about instead of trading the disc into BB/Gamestop.

[quote name='shieryda']Yeah:

"Dear avid Rock Band fanatic:

Since we are releasing a brand new Rock Band game for your enjoyment this week, we will not be offering any new dlc.

SURPRISE!!!

Sincerely,

Harmonix Development Team"

:D[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

Well, I hated for this day to arrive, but I now bid adieu to Rock Band 1. I decided this last week to finish off my achievements and I did it!

Bring on Rock Band 2!!

Any of you guys still going to be playing online once RB2 comes out? I just ordered RB off of eBay and it's getting here tomorrow and I'd love to play with some of you at some point.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Any of you guys still going to be playing online once RB2 comes out? I just ordered RB off of eBay and it's getting here tomorrow and I'd love to play with some of you at some point.[/QUOTE]
Probably not but if you send me an invite I'm down to play anything really :lol:

[quote name='CouRageouS']Probably not but if you send me an invite I'm down to play anything really :lol:[/quote]
After I get everything set up and practice a few days, I'll send you an invite. Looking forward to finally getting in on the Rock Band experience.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Any of you guys still going to be playing online once RB2 comes out? I just ordered RB off of eBay and it's getting here tomorrow and I'd love to play with some of you at some point.[/quote]

Yes. I have a ton of new songs that I haven't even tried yet.

Edit for quotation.
[quote name='HMXSean']Hey all,

Posting this in the 10 minutes where I still have internet access (go internet tubes!) Next week we have two big packs for you. First we have the full album of Peace Sells…But Who’s Buying? from Megadeth. The 7 tracks on this full album release joining the title song which is on the Rock Band 2 disc.

Wake Up Dead
The Conjuring
Devil’s Island
Good Mourning / Black Friday
Bad Omen
I Ain’t Superstitious
My Last Words

Peace Sells…But Who’s Buying? will be available for $10.99 (880 Microsoft Points) for the album, or $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track.

In addition we will also be putting out a Rock Band Tour 4-pack from bands on our Rock Band Tour kicking off in October.

“One of Those Nights” by the Cab
“Hands Down” by Dashboard Confessional-
“She’s a Handsome Woman” by Panic! At the Disco
“Natural Disaster” by Plain White T’s

All tracks in the Rock Band Tour Pack are $.99 (80 Microsoft Points) or $3.99 (320 Microsoft Points) for a limited time (October 14 on Xbox and October 16 on PS3) when they return to $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track or $6.99 (560 Microsoft Points) for the full pack.

All tracks are original masters on both packs.

DLC comes out on Xbox 360 on Tuesday, September 16th and on PS3 on Thursday, September 18th.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Might get some of the Rock Band Tour songs, but I'll pass on Megadeth. At least I'll have the RB2 tracks to keep me busy soon. :)

fuck. Yes. Peace Sells is a classic, and anyone who doesn't recognize that deserves to have their cunt troweled by Satan. Oh, and fuck you if you're buying the tour songs. I hope your emo bangs slit your eyes open and you bleed to death in a bath of your own eyeball fluid.

[quote name='evanft']fuck. Yes. Peace Sells is a classic, and anyone who doesn't recognize that deserves to have their cunt troweled by Satan. Oh, and fuck you if you're buying the tour songs. I hope your emo bangs slit your eyes open and you bleed to death in a bath of your own eyeball fluid.[/quote]

You need to move out of Michigan before you go completely insane.

I really like the acoustic EP version of Hands Down but the song was ruined for me when I downloaded the MTV Unplugged version thinking it was the acoustic version I was hearing on the radio. If I could listen to the song without being haunted by the voices of teenage girls I would be getting it.

Very cool on the Megadeth.

Not cool on the Rock Band Tour Pack. Why are they doing a 'Rock Band Tour' with those awful bands? Oh well whatever.

Biggest thing to me though is, still not a peep about Moving Pictures. WTF is going on there?

I'm having Rock Band withdrawal at the moment. I traded it in at Blockbuster the other day, and I never realized I'd miss it so much. And I have to work 1-7 Sunday, so I won't be able to get much RB2 in. Ah!

Wen't and gave my RB to Blockbuster for $32 today. They said I could preorder their only(!) copy of RB2 they are getting in Sunday if I wanted.

But I already have it preordered at best buy and have the shirt. Can the pre-order at best buy be used on another game or refunded and do I get to keep the shirt?

The problem for me is that I still have a lot to do in Rock Band, whether it be the multiplayer or single player portions of it.

But I want to sell it while the getting is somewhat good, I really have no need for two sets of Rock Band instruments. But I want the new drums and a wireless guitar.

Decisions.. decisions...

[quote name='yukine']The problem for me is that I still have a lot to do in Rock Band, whether it be the multiplayer or single player portions of it.

But I want to sell it while the getting is somewhat good, I really have no need for two sets of Rock Band instruments. But I want the new drums and a wireless guitar.

Decisions.. decisions...[/QUOTE]Sell it now! Then just tell yourself that you'll buy it again someday when it's even cheaper.

Well the time is drawing more and more near before we say "Farewell Rock Band 1 thread." You'll live on in the Rock Band 2 thread...

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']What's the gamestop trade-in value for this?[/QUOTE]
go to Blockbuster it is $32. I don't know GS but gamecrazy's is $18.

Gamestop is down to $12 for it. I'm thinking I'll keep it so I can chug away at acheivements sometime (I've only had this for 5-6 months)

I just tried GGaHT in hopes I'd beat it and finally get the expert achievement before I turn this into Blockbuster tomorrow.

No dice. fuck you Green Grass and High Tides, fuck you.

Man if they're gonna do Megadeth, it should be A Secret Place, that song is funny as hell to sing haha...
Also Panic at the Disco is just bad enough to warrant buying and forcing someone to sing on a bet haha...
-Goatman

What do you guys think, should we keep both Rock Band threads open? Or should we close the Rock Band 1 thread and have all discussion here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back