Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can export as many times as you like if you delete something and change your mind later.

That pic of deleting Dead on Arrival is priceless.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Wait, if I delete a song using that method, is it gone forever?

Wait, who cares. Good fucking bye, Maps.[/quote]Well, fuck YOU.

I like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs...;)

I'm going to try and trade my copy in, even though I do love Rock Band. I can't say no to $32 when I'm getting the songs back this month (?). I can rent the game with my pass anyways if I really get that itch. I sold off Guitar Hero 2 & 3 for $22 a piece a month ago also.

The only problem is that my disc has a light ring around it. It's been working fine, but we'll have to see if they accept it. I'll try a couple different stores if the first one doesn't work.

I'll probably end up getting rid of my disc, and putting it towards of my Call of Duty reserve. Of course, the collector in me is saying keep it though.

I want to trade in my Rock Band now with the Gamestop $15 bonus before the value plunges. But I'm worried something is going to come up where you need the disc again. Probably won't happen but I'm concerned.

I'm keeping my disc, just because I don't have nearly enough achievements to warrant tossing it yet. But I'm gonna pay the dough for the convenience of having all the tracks in RB2. 200+ songs = Win.

[quote name='sj41']Well, fuck YOU.

I like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs...;)
[/quote]

This was my experience playing (and hearing) Maps for the first time:

Pack up;
I’m straight;
Enough;
Oh say, say, say;
Oh say, say, say;
Oh say, say, say;
Oh say, say, say;
Oh say, say, say

Eh, this is okay.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPS
Wait
Theydon'tloveyoulikeIloveyou

...okay?
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPS
Wait
Wait
Wait

fuck YOU MAPS.

I just got done exporting my library, only 77 songs. It was very quick!

Will the songs available at the store be available in the Rock Band 2 store?

And the songs you downloaded from the store, will you still have a purchase a new license for those if you don't export the library from the disk?

[quote name='ZForce915']I just got done exporting my library, only 77 songs. It was very quick!

Will the songs available at the store be available in the Rock Band 2 store?

And the songs you downloaded from the store, will you still have a purchase a new license for those if you don't export the library from the disk?[/quote]

The library you export is just the on-disc tracks. DLC is already on the HDD and will work with RB2 just like all the exported tracks.

Hmmm I'm torn. I originally planned on just buying the RB2 disc since I have the RB1 set, but the upgrade is tempting, especially since I can have all but 3 RB1 tracks on RB2.

Maybe I'll just sell it with my 360 and upgrade both my console and RB. Been planning on getting the 120 GB HD, but it may be worth it to sell my Pro for $200 and just pay the difference since it's around the same price if I would've just bought the HD. We'll see...

I think this is something I will do down the line, but honestly...

Do you really want to run into some RB1 songs when you're trying to experience the new tracks on the RB2 disc?

I sure as hell don't!

Sorry if this is posted earlier in the thread, but I read the last page and it's not there, and I'm not reading pages of posts. Best Buy has in-store the pre-order T-shirt that Gamestop is supposed to have. I sent my wife to GS to check if they would have enough to cover preorders. They "hadn't heard of it". Went to best buy when I got home. They had 20+. Bought 4 (1 for a friend+1 for my wife+1 to wear+1 to keep sealed). Just thought I've give a heads-up before you can only find them on ebay for a multiple of their BB price. Also, added bonus, yet anouther reason to not go to GS.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I think this is something I will do down the line, but honestly...

Do you really want to run into some RB1 songs when you're trying to experience the new tracks on the RB2 disc?

I sure as hell don't![/quote]

Those of us that didn't play much of the first Rock Band (me) won't mind! :)

Definitely going to export...especially because I had 4XX points left over after buying Castle Crashers. :cool:

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I think this is something I will do down the line, but honestly...

I sure as hell don't![/QUOTE]
Thats actually a good point. Most of time I've been only playing DLC anyway. Hmm.. :whistle2:k

It's in-game, under options.

rockband_export1.jpg

[quote name='mietha']Sorry if this is posted earlier in the thread, but I read the last page and it's not there, and I'm not reading pages of posts. Best Buy has in-store the pre-order T-shirt that Gamestop is supposed to have. I sent my wife to GS to check if they would have enough to cover preorders. They "hadn't heard of it". Went to best buy when I got home. They had 20+. Bought 4 (1 for a friend+1 for my wife+1 to wear+1 to keep sealed). Just thought I've give a heads-up before you can only find them on ebay for a multiple of their BB price. Also, added bonus, yet anouther reason to not go to GS.[/quote]

The shirt only comes in XL though if I am not mistaken.

I'm a Large man myself, so the shirt is no good. :cry:

I'll export because...Well, I got an Elite and I've had it for about a year now and I still have barely even used 20 gigs up on it.

[quote name='tokitoki50']I'm keeping my disc, just because I don't have nearly enough achievements to warrant tossing it yet. But I'm gonna pay the dough for the convenience of having all the tracks in RB2. 200+ songs = Win.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm going to do the exact same thing. When I do world tour with friends I want them to have as many song selections as possible.

Maybe down the line I'll give away my RB1 disk but right now I'm holding on to it. I only wish I had more HD space. I only have 2.1 gigs free. If I kill 1.5 of that, then I doubt I'll have enough for demos. And I really like to download demos. It looks like some of my custom soundtracks are going to get the boot.

I really need to invest in a new HD. I only have like 3 gb left and that's about it. The exporting will kill half and the rest won't last me since I love demos, new maps for games, etc..

[quote name='MikeHoncho']I really need to invest in a new HD. I only have like 3 gb left and that's about it. The exporting will kill half and the rest won't last me since I love demos, new maps for games, etc..[/QUOTE]

I have 1.8 gigs left. This will pretty much cap me off.

Thanks, zewone. Exporting now.

I'm in the same boat with HDD space. Even after deleting the Red Faction Guerrilla beta and a couple demos, I'm still at 2.7 free, pre-export.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I wonder if RB2 will have a toggle for disabling/enabling RB songs in World Tour.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost positive that Harmonix has addressed this and it is a new feature.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Wait, if I delete a song using that method, is it gone forever?

Wait, who cares. Good fucking bye, Maps.[/quote]

why all the Maps hate all the time from everyone?

[quote name='Venent']Why are certain songs not being allowed to transfer to Rock Band 2?[/QUOTE]

They explained it in their press release. They were "unable" to secure licenses for those songs to carry over to RB2.

They had to go to every single owner of every single song and basically get written legal permission to do this. If you think about it, it's amazing only 3 wouldn't.

The DLC for the week of Sept 9th will be a 3 pack from the metal band All That Remains. The track listing and pricing is below.

ALL THAT REMAINS 3 PACK - $2.99 (240 Microsoft Points)

THIS CALLING - $.99 (80 Microsoft Points)

CHIRON $.99 (80 Microsoft Points)

TWO WEEKS $.99 (80 Microsoft Points)

Two Weeks and Chiron are exclusive to Rock Band for one week before their new album Overcome is released on September 16th.

Each track will be available for a one month special offer of $.99 (80 Microsoft Points) per track or $2.99 (240 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for the three-pack.

These tracks will be up on the Xbox Live Marketplace on Tuesday, and the PlayStation Network Store on Thursday.

All tracks are masters.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77328

^ Damn HMX and all these discounted songs! Initially I passed on some, but ended up listening to them/liking them later. "Never again!" I said and then vowed to buy all discounted tracks. My wallet is hurting!

I can only assume they're holding back on heavy hitters like The Offspring for the RB2 launch. May as well tread water for a couple weeks and then go buck-wild with the DLC when the launch frenzy is in full swing.

I wonder if Rock Band is going to ever get the HMX songs from GH 1 and 2. Six would've been great for vocals, in that "make unwitting friends and guests sing it" way.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I can only assume they're holding back on heavy hitters like The Offspring for the RB2 launch. May as well tread water for a couple weeks and then go buck-wild with the DLC when the launch frenzy is in full swing.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't make sense though. They should have been hitting up the solid DLC leading up to release, not during/after. Do they honestly think people are going to spend more money in the weeks immediately after dropping $60 on a new game. Not to mention, those 100 songs will keep you busy for a while.

By the same token, it may not matter for the hardcore crowd. Personally if Offspring drops the Tuesday after RB2 I'll buy, but seeing how I'll have so many new songs (and just spent $60), I really won't need it. So if it is an artist I'm remotely on the fence about, they lose.

All this mediocre crap should have come the three weeks following release, when it would be easy to ignore. The only thing that makes sense is if they are holding Offspring, Rush and a couple other heavy hitters for the GH:WT launch.

youtubing the songs, I kind of like two weeks, but I'm just not into the others. screaming into my rock band mic isn't my kind of fun, I'd rather sing like a woman/geddy lee.

[quote name='NeoFrank1']They don't love it like you love it.[/quote]

...CAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaAAAGS

Seriously though, I don't know why so many people hate that song. I think it's pretty damn good, and one of my favorites on drums.

Wow three weeks of total suck in a row. Must be some kind of record.

It would have been bad enough if we hadn't been promised Moving Pictures....

[quote name='porieux']Wow three weeks of total suck in a row. Must be some kind of record.

It would have been bad enough if we hadn't been promised Moving Pictures....[/quote]

You like Opeth, but you won't dl All that Remains? What's wrong with you, man?!;)

Just listened to previews....are you joking? Listen to the vocals they are awful!!
I couldn't even listen for more than 4 seconds ;) Nothing like Opeth to me at all, I wish though.
Sounds like SImple Plan to me....which is not a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back