Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='007']I wonder if they'll just bump their schedule up a week, or actually try and make up for the lack of Rush.

I'm hoping it's the latter.

(psst, Offspring pack pls).[/quote]

I have heard around the interwebs that the greatest hits album is in the works.

Which would be AWESOME! Probably just talk though.

Here are those mystery "full albums" that were mentioned a week or two ago:

* Foo Fighters -- "The Colour and the Shape"
* Red Hot Chili Peppers -- "Blood Sugar Sex Magik"
* Jane's Addiction -- "Nothing's Shocking"
* Megadeth -- "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying"
* Stevie Ray Vaughn -- "Texas Flood"
+ A special Rock Band "Greatest Hits" No Doubt compilation, similar to the Who collection we got a while back

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/28/rock-band-2-getting-full-albums-from-foo-fighters-chili-peppers/

I won't be buying the full album for any of those, but I'll cherry pick a few tracks.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Here are those mystery "full albums" that were mentioned a week or two ago:

* Foo Fighters -- "The Colour and the Shape"
* Red Hot Chili Peppers -- "Blood Sugar Sex Magik"
* Jane's Addiction -- "Nothing's Shocking"
* Megadeth -- "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying"
* Stevie Ray Vaughn -- "Texas Flood"
+ A special Rock Band "Greatest Hits" No Doubt compilation, similar to the Who collection we got a while back

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/28/rock-band-2-getting-full-albums-from-foo-fighters-chili-peppers/

I won't be buying the full album for any of those, but I'll cherry pick a few tracks.[/quote]

Very intriguing. What happened to Nirvana?

Edit: Wait a minute. Those albums are for the next game!

I am not really a huge Megadeth fan, although I do think their stuff can be pretty good for Rock Band. I also think some of what I have heard is pretty good in general.

Is their album going to be nothing but ball busters though?

If I pick the full album of any of that it'll probably be the No Doubt. I can't wait to sing Under the Bridge though!

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I am not really a huge Megadeth fan, although I do think their stuff can be pretty good for Rock Band. I also think some of what I have heard is pretty good in general.

Is their album going to be nothing but ball busters though?

[/quote]

Just buy the "Peace Sells" track. That's all you need. I would have preferred "Countdown to Extinction".

[quote name='shieryda']Just buy the "Peace Sells" track. That's all you need. I would have preferred "Countdown to Extinction".[/QUOTE]

My kneejerk reaction is "Peace Sells is already in Rock Band 2, I doubt it'll be offered as a DLC track."

That does pose an interesting scenario though...if DLC is going to continue to work with RB1 as expected, will they just skip over tracks that are offered on the RB2 disc, or will they throw it in there to have the album as complete and then await the horde of players complaining about "paying for a song they didn't realize they already had" or whatever.

[quote name='KaneRobot']My kneejerk reaction is "Peace Sells is already in Rock Band 2, I doubt it'll be offered as a DLC track."

That does pose an interesting scenario though...if DLC is going to continue to work with RB1 as expected, will they just skip over tracks that are offered on the RB2 disc, or will they throw it in there to have the album as complete and then await the horde of players complaining about "paying for a song they didn't realize they already had" or whatever.[/quote]

Oh wow. I didn't realize that it was already on the game disc. Shady.

The cost of buying every other song on the Peace Sells album except for the Peace Sells track will probably be about the same as what the full album price would be anyways (given there is a small discount for buying them all at once, like with song packs). I can't wait for the album to come out, as Wake Up Dead is one of my favorite songs, and Good Mourning/Black Friday should be a killer 7 minute song to play.

[quote name='seanr1221']I wanted to play YYZ today :/[/quote]

Load up GH2.

[quote name='mr ryles']No DLC will be able to match the rush album[/quote]

Yeah, it'd be hard to be worse off...

[quote name='KaneRobot']Oh god, this week's "fill-in" DLC is a trio of LOCKSLEY songs.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/28/rock-band-weekly-revisited-locksley/

These guys fucking suck, I actually saw them opening last year. They try to be a power-pop version of The Beatles and fail miserably. Some of the worst DLC to date. Maybe some of you can get some value out if it if you have girls playing the game or something.[/quote]

That's horrible! Shit.

SEROUSLY!!?!? LOCKSLEY!!! I went to high school with those guys! I'm so in for all of these!

There have been times driving my car with their CD in, thinking, "Man, it would be cool to play this in Rock Band...but that'll never happen."

So flipping excited.

[quote name='emdub']SEROUSLY!!?!? LOCKSLEY!!! I went to high school with those guys! I'm so in for all of these!

There have been times driving my car with their CD in, thinking, "Man, it would be cool to play this in Rock Band...but that'll never happen."

So flipping excited.[/quote]

HAHAHAHA I went to high school with all of them, too! CAG, bringing the world together again. What year were you at West?

[quote name='bardockkun']Soooo...This isn't Friday's announcement for next week right?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, I think this is a quick and dirty replacement for the Rush stuff. At least I hope so.

My friend's girlfriend is trying to get me to buy the Locksley songs after I made the mistake of telling her. I told her to buy her own 360.

[quote name='bardockkun']Soooo...This isn't Friday's announcement for next week right?[/QUOTE]

I hope it's just the "Oh shit we f'ed up and here is plan B" announcement

[quote name='TahoeMax']HAHAHAHA I went to high school with all of them, too! CAG, bringing the world together again. What year were you at West?[/QUOTE]

I graduated '01. Actually, I even went to middle school (Hamilton) with Sam (drummer).

You?

[quote name='NeoFrank1']So does anyone have any idea what the "technical difficulties" actually are?[/QUOTE]

*Technical jabber us regular gamers wouldn't understand*

[quote name='emdub']I graduated '01. Actually, I even went to middle school (Hamilton) with Sam (drummer).

You?[/quote]

LOL I went to Hamilton, too, for 7th and 8th grades... Cherokee for 6th. I was in Kai's Latin class at West, Jesse was on my frisbee team, and Aaron's sister is a hottie I got to know in a writing class. I was '02. Sam was the only one I didn't really know. Just saw him drumming at Fine Arts Week stuff.

Well goddamn. Small world.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I doubt it, I think this is a quick lame and dirty shitty replacement for the Rush stuff. At least I hope so.

My friend's girlfriend is trying to get me to buy the Locksley songs after I made the mistake of telling her. I told her to buy her own 360.[/quote]

Fixed.

Where are this week's songs? Am I missing them? There's an advert on the dashboard for Locksley, Offspring, and something else but they don't seem to be available. Are we screwed this week?

[quote name='pete5883']I'm going to guess having an 11-minute song gummed up the works somehow. There aren't any songs that long already out, are there?[/QUOTE]

Freebird? ;)

[quote name='Rocko']Where are this week's songs? Am I missing them? There's an advert on the dashboard for Locksley, Offspring, and something else but they don't seem to be available. Are we screwed this week?[/quote]
I want to say next week was supposed to just be Locksley, but since the Moving Pictures incident, they're in a mad dash to get some kinda pack out... Though I still really just want my Moving Pictures.

Scratch what I said earlier, I just got on my 360 and saw this on the dashboard, and people from other boards have confirmed they saw it too, its for 9/2:

PAX 3-PACK

The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets - "Shhh..."
Jonathan Coulton - "Skullcrusher Mountain"
MC Frontalot - "Livin' at the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe"

LOCKSLEY 3-PACK

"Don't Make Me Wait"
"All Over Again"
"She Does"

OFFSPRING 3-PACK

"Pretty Fly"
"Gone Away"
"Self Esteem"

So I was super excited to hear about the 6 full length albums that are coming out but I just realized how many tracks were on some of them. Like Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers in particular.

Foo Fighters - The Colour and The Shape - 19 tracks 13 tracks (was looking at extended version)
RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magik - 17 tracks

I'm worried about how much these are going to cost us.

Looking at the past albums and their price (I think I got them all)
Judas Priest - 10 tracks = $14.99 (1.49 per song)
Rush - 7 tracks = $10.99 (1.57 per song)
The Cars - 9 tracks = $14.99 (1.67 per song)
The Pixies -14 tracks = $18.99 (1.35 per song)
The Who - 12 tracks = $19.99 (1.67 per song)

Thats an average of $1.55 per song when buying them as album packs.

So the Foo Fighters and RHCP albums could cost $29.45 ($20.15) and $26.35, respectfully, if you use the average album song price. Are we looking at $25-30 albums? If so I know I will be reconsidering buying both albums, especially FF.

EDIT: Didn't realize the original TCatS was only 13 tracks. The anniversary edition has additional songs on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Flyersfan']Scratch what I said earlier, I just got on my 360 and saw this on the dashboard, and people from other boards have confirmed they saw it too, its for 9/2:

PAX 3-PACK

LOCKSLEY 3-PACK

"Don't Make Me Wait"
"All Over Again"
"She Does"

OFFSPRING 3-PACK

"Pretty Fly"
"Gone Away"
"Self Esteem"
[/quote]

The Offspring pack for sure for me :bouncy:

[quote name='PenguinoMF']So I was super excited to hear about the 6 full length albums that are coming out but I just realized how many tracks were on some of them. Like Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers in particular.

Foo Fighters - The Colour and The Shape - 19 tracks
RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magik - 17 tracks

I'm worried about how much these are going to cost us.

Looking at the past albums and their price (I think I got them all)
Judas Priest - 10 tracks = $14.99 (1.49 per song)
Rush - 7 tracks = $10.99 (1.57 per song)
The Cars - 9 tracks = $14.99 (1.67 per song)
The Pixies -14 tracks = $18.99 (1.35 per song)
The Who - 12 tracks = $19.99 (1.67 per song)

Thats an average of $1.55 per song when buying them as album packs.

So the Foo Fighters and RHCP albums could cost $29.45 and $26.35, respectfully, if you use the average album song price. Are we looking at $25-30 albums? If so I know I will be reconsidering buying both albums, especially FF.[/quote]Well, for one, The Colour and the Shape only has 13 tracks, unless you're talking about an import edition or something, which I doubt they'd release for the game anyway. Also, keep in mind that Everlong (Foo) and Give It Away (RHCP) are on the RB2 disc, so they might not be included in the packs (they also have RB1 users to take into account, so nobody's sure what they'll do about that yet). On the whole, albums have offered a bigger discount than the track packs- the more tracks, the higher the discount, seemingly. They don't consider the Who pack as an album, as well, more of a big pack like the Boston and Dead track packs (6/$10 apiece, compared to 12/$20 for the Who).

So, my guess is that The Foo album would be around $18, considering the songs overall are longer than on Doolittle. Blood Sugar Sex Magik is a different story, since it's very long (over 70 minutes) and has 16/17 tracks. I think they'd try to offer a hefty discount to counter the negative spin such an expensive album would bring, but I can't see it being less than $20, at very least.

[quote name='modium']Well, for one, The Colour and the Shape only has 13 tracks, unless you're talking about an import edition or something, which I doubt they'd release for the game anyway. Also, keep in mind that Everlong (Foo) and Give It Away (RHCP) are on the RB2 disc, so they might not be included in the packs (they also have RB1 users to take into account, so nobody's sure what they'll do about that yet).[/QUOTE]

I guess you are right about TCatS, I searched it on Amazon and the first link was for an extended edition. I didn't realize it when I was looking. Will edit op.

I'll probably get one or two of the Offspring pack, though I'm wondering what they're saving All I Want for; it better be for some sort of Crazy Taxi pack (or given trademark issues, Wacky Cab pack). Definitely in for any of the Wacky Cab soundtrack.

Wow, for once in a long ass time (or possibly ever?) I'll say "no DLC this week for me!"

Then again with those announced albums I don't think a bad time to save....

[quote name='Flyersfan']Scratch what I said earlier, I just got on my 360 and saw this on the dashboard, and people from other boards have confirmed they saw it too, its for 9/2:

PAX 3-PACK

LOCKSLEY 3-PACK

"Don't Make Me Wait"
"All Over Again"
"She Does"

OFFSPRING 3-PACK

"Pretty Fly"
"Gone Away"
"Self Esteem"[/quote]

I was super pumped at the idea of an offspring pack, but those songs aren't that great. What a bummer.

99% sure I'll be getting that Offspring pack. I'm just a little gun shy until we get a full GH:WT tracklist... I plan on getting both games and I don't wanna spend points on redundant tracks (I call that the "B.Y.O.B. Factor" :whistle2:()!

No Offspring this week. :(

PAX Pack 1 (240 / $3)

* "Skullcrusher Mountain" - Jonathan Coulton
* "Livin' on the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe" - MC Frontalot
* "Shhh…." - Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back