Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Malik112099']i found out last night that im a "cum dumpster" for not having the same downloaded songs as some other upstanding rock band citizens....[/QUOTE]
:rofl: You better start downloading then!

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I just got my first replacement guitar...and it's broken.[/QUOTE]

Well, crap. I just filled out my request, and am awaiting my guitar coffin. Now I'm worried I'll get something worse than what I started out with.

95% on expert GG&HT, and I didn't trigger my overdrive in time. :bomb: I swear I will finish this song tonight! Might finally go back and finish expert in GHIII afterwards...

Need to continue my hard career on drums one of these days, too.

[quote name='emdub']Well, crap. I just filled out my request, and am awaiting my guitar coffin. Now I'm worried I'll get something worse than what I started out with.[/quote]

Mine has something shaking around inside, and it turns on once in 4 tries.

OK I just finished playing Run To the Hills on my real drum set. I sat down to my FAKE plastic drum set. I can't beat it..... .... ...

I tried to set up my V-Drum kick (KD-80) and Axis-X pedal today with a stereo-mono adapter but it didn't work. The hi-hat pedal worked but it isn't fast enough. Oh well, have to try something else later. The action of a real kick is SO MUCH better and easier to do fast patterns with. I think the problem is with pads that are velocity-sensitive, because RB is just looking for on or off. Someone needs to come up with a replacement kick pedal for this thing that is cheap and easy to set up.

I will add a second to the list of people with a defective replacement guitar. Mine was making a horrible rattle noise every time you move it. What is their problem with these guitars? The good news is that they were very friendly on the phone and are sending another guitar in the next 3-4 days. Here's hoping......for now I still am enjoying my original wired guitar hero guitar.

[quote name='porieux']I tried to set up my V-Drum kick (KD-80) and Axis-X pedal today with a stereo-mono adapter but it didn't work. The hi-hat pedal worked but it isn't fast enough. Oh well, have to try something else later. The action of a real kick is SO MUCH better and easier to do fast patterns with. I think the problem is with pads that are velocity-sensitive, because RB is just looking for on or off. Someone needs to come up with a replacement kick pedal for this thing that is cheap and easy to set up.[/quote]

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2226 (Soldering required)

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2967 or Lazy man's magnetic alarm sensor (no soldering)

Reed Switch seems to be very succesful. Handful of the top 10 drummers on career leaderboards use this.

Just my guitar back and downstrum works great. However, OD works smooth half the time. I sometimes have to viciously swing/tilt my guitar and even then it doesn't go off.

[quote name='TahoeMax']around what time does new DLC generally hit Live? i'm probably unreasonably psyched for this week's stuff.[/quote]
usually every tuesday at atround 2 am pacific

I just got my copy of OXM and played all 3 of the exclusive songs on guitar. I liked all of them. They were very fun to play, I have high hopes for how they play with the drums.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']How's the OXM disk train going? Any update on where the disk is?[/quote]

I sent it out, should be in transit to anomynous. ETA Wednesday.

Green grass & high tides on medium drums is fuck fuck fuck fuck retarded. Whoever created that and decided to put it where it is should be tarred and feathered. Its like 500% harder than the songs before it. It is by far the single highest jump in difficulty in any rhythm game ever.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I just got my first replacement guitar...and it's broken.[/QUOTE]
I had RB for 4 days before my guitar strum stopped working right. I sent in my RMA request on 12/28, fast forward to 2 hours ago I got my replacement guitar. It came DoA. The guitar won't even register as being plugged in, no green 'player' light on guitar or console. I bought RB instead of GH so I don't have a 2ndary guitar. Any other product you can just take back to the store for a refund but since it is considered software you are stuck with broken shit.
:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :censored: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: fuck :bomb:

[quote name='jkanownik']Green grass & high tides on medium drums is fuck fuck fuck fuck retarded. Whoever created that and decided to put it where it is should be tarred and feathered. Its like 500% harder than the songs before it. It is by far the single highest jump in difficulty in any rhythm game ever.[/QUOTE]

Seconded.

It's like a big brick wall in my medium career. The worst part is, I can play it on hard no problem up to the long solo, which is where it gets impossible, and that part is essentially exactly the same between Hard and Medium.

[quote name='jkanownik']Green grass & high tides on medium drums is fuck fuck fuck fuck retarded. Whoever created that and decided to put it where it is should be tarred and feathered. Its like 500% harder than the songs before it. It is by far the single highest jump in difficulty in any rhythm game ever.[/quote]

Damn. I just finished the Easy Drum Solo Tour and that song was incredibly hard compared to everything before it which I was 5 starring like crazy. I'm about to start Medium...

Also, I'm going to try and do Band World Tour by myself singing and playing guitar. Can I still get all the achievements or do you need 4 people to do the band stuff?

You don't need a full 4 person band: if you're doing guitar and vocals, that's considered 2 people (even though you're playing both), so that counts as a band. However, I think you'll only get achievements for one instrument or the other, since your XBL profile can only be associated with one band member at a time.

[quote name='emdub']You don't need a full 4 person band: if you're doing guitar and vocals, that's considered 2 people (even though you're playing both), so that counts as a band. However, I think you'll only get achievements for one instrument or the other, since your XBL profile can only be associated with one band member at a time.[/quote]

So it won't count as finishing the solo tour then? I have to do the solo vocals tour so I was planning on signing in with my XBL profile on vocals and having "player 2" be the guitar (because I already have most of the guitar-related achievements).

[quote name='jkanownik']Green grass & high tides on medium drums is fuck fuck fuck fuck retarded. Whoever created that and decided to put it where it is should be tarred and feathered. Its like 500% harder than the songs before it. It is by far the single highest jump in difficulty in any rhythm game ever.[/quote]

I got through it the first time, but there's some endurance involved in getting through it, definitely. My mind started playing some tricks on me, getting me out of rhythm and such.

Take heart, playing drums on Won't Get Fooled Again is probably the most fun I've had gaming in a few months.

Man, I know it's "Rock Band," but I wouldn't mind seeing some dub up on the DLC list. Not bloody likely, but it would be fun on the drums and bass at any rate.

[quote name='seanr1221']The Oasis pack is ok. I like Live Forever the best out of the 3, and I only tried them on expert Guitar so far.[/quote]

The drums on it are pretty cool too, in my opinion. They're easy enough to not have to worry too much, but hard enough to not be boring. They are a little repetitive, but for me that just let me zone out and run on muscle memory, which felt awesome.

[quote name='javeryh']So it won't count as finishing the solo tour then? I have to do the solo vocals tour so I was planning on signing in with my XBL profile on vocals and having "player 2" be the guitar (because I already have most of the guitar-related achievements).[/QUOTE]

You can't get solo tour achievements when you're playing Band World Tour.

[quote name='javeryh']So it won't count as finishing the solo tour then? I have to do the solo vocals tour so I was planning on signing in with my XBL profile on vocals and having "player 2" be the guitar (because I already have most of the guitar-related achievements).[/quote]

Good luck on trying to do two at once and get the achievements. For many of the achievements you'll have to do both at hard difficulty. There are quite a few solos and hard bridges that have singing over them. Green Grass & High Tides and Train Kept a Rollin' are two of the worst offenders. I'm stuck at around 170 stars on my tour I started by myself.

I have a question Regarding OXM in general... If I ordered a subscription 2 weeks ago (I think it was 2) will I get this issue or do I need to go and buy it at a store?

[quote name='jkanownik']Good luck on trying to do two at once and get the achievements. For many of the achievements you'll have to do both at hard difficulty. There are quite a few solos and hard bridges that have singing over them. Green Grass & High Tides and Train Kept a Rollin' are two of the worst offenders. I'm stuck at around 170 stars on my tour I started by myself.[/quote]

Damn, really? I can't get the achievements doing Hard or Medium guitar and Medium singing? Booo!!!!

Live Forever is awesome. DLBIA is pretty fun, too. Wonderwall is repetitive and boring. Those are all expert guitar...haven't tried the rest of the options.

[quote name='javeryh']Damn, really? I can't get the achievements doing Hard or Medium guitar and Medium singing? Booo!!!![/QUOTE]
Just do hard guitar and hard vocals. Hard vocals aren't that much difficult than medium. I think you could only get up to the van achievement without going into hard.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']So the Oasis pack, yay or nay?[/quote]

I say yay. Live Forever and Don't Look Back in Anger are both really solid, and then you're getting Karaoke-favorite Wonderwall at a small discount, which is great to have come party time.

[quote name='Charron']I say yay. Live Forever and Don't Look Back in Anger are both really solid, and then you're getting Karaoke-favorite Wonderwall at a small discount, which is great to have come party time.[/QUOTE]
Yea a couple of my friends were pushing me to buy the pack for Wonderwall. I'm hoping someone will pony up some points and buy it so I can save them for something I personally really want.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Just do hard guitar and hard vocals. Hard vocals aren't that much difficult than medium. I think you could only get up to the van achievement without going into hard.[/quote]

I've been doing Band World Tour with my girlfriend and we're through the jet plane and she hasn't gone above medium vocals yet (I've been playing hard guitar).

How many fans do you have? My brother and I were playing med drums and guitar and we couldnt get past 260,000 fans. So we moved up to hard drums and bass (hes not the greatest guitarest)

[quote name='Malik112099']holy hell...how do you sign up for said OXM disk train!?[/QUOTE]

I've got a second disc train about to start, let me know if you're interested.

For what it's worth (and I'm really sorry I've been so slow guys, as some of you know I've had PC issues), there's only four of us so far:

Radjago
looploop
MaXx
DeathPrawn

So plenty of room left. If anyone wants to paypal me a buck or two to cover the cost of the mag I won't protest, just pm me for the address. Other than that, just mail it on to the next person as promptly as possible.

I've got Radjago's address and will send to him before Friday, so if anyone wants to contact the person above them with their address, that'll probably be fastest.

what Am I missing with this OXM disk? Can I go to wal-mart and buy the newest OXM to get this disk? Should I go buy it? What is on this disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back