Rock Band Drumming annoying apartment people below you?

espy605

CAGiversary!
Feedback
165 (100%)
I'm moving soon and was wondering if anyone had complaints from neighbors that lived beneath them due to the bass pedal in Rock Band. Anyone?

not so much the bass pedal for us, but the sticks hitting the pads that make the most noise. we made us some foam rubber drums pads like you can find guides for online, which helps out.

I cant play rockband after 11:00 because they call campus security on us. We're on the bottom floor and they are on the second floor. It annoys me, but they are probably right since I have full 5.1 >.< i wanna move out and into a rent house.

[quote name='dyeknom']I cant play rockband after 11:00 because they call campus security on us. We're on the bottom floor and they are on the second floor. It annoys me, but they are probably right since I have full 5.1 >.< i wanna move out and into a rent house.[/quote]

I don't play loud, and I can live with standard TV speakers, I'm just worried about the drum pedals or the drumming itself.

the pads make the most noise. just put something over the pads thats really soft, but will still allow you to register the hits and you should be cool.

oh yeah, and don't stomp around on the floor like an asshole cause it does make the apartment under you rattle and its quite annoying. :D

I've played at my friends house, and the people below us kept banging on the ceiling. They do it everytime we play, and usually we play at decent times of the night, like 7pm. Recently , we called the cops on them for banging on the ceiling cept they told the cops what was really going on and we got a warning.

[quote name='zepployd44']I've played at my friends house, and the people below us kept banging on the ceiling. They do it everytime we play, and usually we play at decent times of the night, like 7pm. Recently , we called the cops on them for banging on the ceiling cept they told the cops what was really going on and we got a warning.[/QUOTE]

What did you think would happen? You pretty much called the cops on yourselves.

[quote name='Gamehead']What did you think would happen? You pretty much called the cops on yourselves.[/quote]

Well, we all figured that with the stupidity of the cops in our area, they would give hell to the people that wern't in the wrong. I've been harassed by the cops for doing nothing wrong alot of times around here, (northern IL) even my 13 year old cousin got patted down.

Just get something like circular mousepads and tape them down the front of each drum. I've had the apartment complex that I live in give me a warning because of it- ever since I started silencing the pads I haven't heard one thing about the noise. And I play a few hours a day.

I think about this a lot, me and my girlfriend usually play after midnight on weekends and I wonder if the people in the other side of my townehouse can hear it... probably not since the only thing I have heard form their end in 8 months is nailing something into a wall... these walls are supposedly almost soundproof.

Yea at my GF's house the person below her started hitting the ceiling during Wanted Dead or Alive.

It pissed me off, because I was barely tapping the drum pedal... So yes, you'll have to figure out a way to muffle the bass pedal.

Actually, we didn't even play it that loud the second time. On a 1-50 scale on my surround sound system we were at about 12. We couldn't even hear the music from within the apartment in our own rooms... so those people were just being little biatches. Hell, our washing machine was louder than the game.

I have this exact problem. I have put padding on the drum heads, the drum sticks and below the set/bass pedal but it still wasn't enough to keep the downstairs neighbors from getting upset :/ I need a real house.

[quote name='espy605']Blah, why can't houses be free and cheap.[/quote]
With the rate we're going, you never know!

It happend to me, I had our building Security come over to my place and ask me if I was playing loud music because someone complained "someone" was making too much noise. The funny part was I had turned off my TV right before I opend the door so my place was completely silent when I opend the door.

The security guy said "Oh it must not be you because you're not listening to music" and wished me a good night. It was like 11PM on a thrusday, so I could see why maybe the guy below me complained. Since then I don't play drums after 10PM durring the weekdays. And every time I play regardless I put a Yoga mat under my drum set to help deaden the sound a bit.

bread's done
Back