Rock Band for $143.xx at Costco BM also old 360 bundle for $349.97

52club

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I picked one up this weekend. An excellent price on a hard to find item IMO.

Also the old bundle that does not include Forza/Marvel was $349.97 which is basically the same price as the new bundle, but at costco that price includes an extra wireless controller and a plug and charge kit. In my opinion I would rather have the extra controller than the two packed in games. However, I know not everyone feels this way.

Also the best part is if either of these devices are bought at Costco if either has any issues (which both items have been known to have) you have Costco's excellent return policy.

[quote name='52club']I picked one up this weekend. An excellent price on a hard to find item IMO.

Also the old bundle that does not include Forza/Marvel was $349.97 which is basically the same price as the new bundle, but at costco that price includes an extra wireless controller and a plug and charge kit. In my opinion I would rather have the extra controller than the two packed in games. However, I know not everyone feels this way.

Also the best part is if either of these devices are bought at Costco if either has any issues (which both items have been known to have) you have Costco's excellent return policy.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the eternal return policy went kaput this spring, actually. :cry: Now its a normal return policy like most stores. So, looking for the Falcon chip might be worth it...

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']I'm pretty sure the eternal return policy went kaput this spring, actually. :cry: Now its a normal return policy like most stores. So, looking for the Falcon chip might be worth it...[/quote]
The eternal return policy is still in effect, with a few exclusions including TVs, Projectors, Computers, Cell Phones, mp3 players, Camcorders and Cameras (expanded out from just computers and cellphones before). Those can only be returned within 90 days. Everything else (including xbox 360 systems and rock band) can be returned at any time. I can attest to this because I just returned my 360 premium for original purchase price and turned around and bought the newfangled one with HDMI goodness for $70 less. Of course, it's because of practices like this that the return policy is under fire. . .but hey. . .I don't do it very often, and I spend thousands of dollars there that never get returned.

i did the x360 return back in october too, so they're definitely taking returns. but my return was valid, i had a crapped out GPU.

[quote name='Danomano89']Why is there return policy so flexible like that?[/quote]

Costco values their customers and it shows through their policies. They also treat their employees right and their CEO should be a model for other companies. It's hard not to like the guy if you read up on him (and see how much he makes).

Neither of my local Costcos have Rock Band, or for that matter ever had any, and they have no plans to order any. Sigh.

off topic. I plan to return 360 which I bought a year ago because I am afraid of the 3 red ring for the old version. Can I do that? How can I backup the data from the hard drive if I decided to return it?
thanks

[quote name='moonphrogg']The eternal return policy is still in effect, with a few exclusions including TVs, Projectors, Computers, Cell Phones, mp3 players, Camcorders and Cameras (expanded out from just computers and cellphones before). Those can only be returned within 90 days. Everything else (including xbox 360 systems and rock band) can be returned at any time. I can attest to this because I just returned my 360 premium for original purchase price and turned around and bought the newfangled one with HDMI goodness for $70 less. Of course, it's because of practices like this that the return policy is under fire. . .but hey. . .I don't do it very often, and I spend thousands of dollars there that never get returned.[/quote]

The policy actually varies between Costco locations; according to poster sonderiam, who works there, whether to limit returns is decided at the warehouse level, though the minimum is two years. I tried returning a dead 2 1/2 year old battery backup (UPS) unit and was denied. The customer service manager told me that the local warehouse (Clearwater, FL) limits returns to two years on any item not covered by the 90 day TV/PC policy. If anyone plans to buy at Costco for the "eternal" return policy, I'd ask at the CS desk before buying, just to be sure.

just got the last 360 Rock Band at Tri-County Cinci Costco yesterday for $149.99, they had 3-4 Playstation 3 ones left. I swear, I go in with all the intent of doing Christmas shopping for others and the box was just begging me to purchase it.

So the 360 bundle with play and charge, extra controller & MA & Forza 2 is $349.99 ? I saw it for $400.00 at the Costco near me. They had the Lot codes all hidden by a sticker.

I believe the 360 bundles at Costco are at the older side, so it's more likely that they'll not be Falcons. With their type of return policy, I doubt it'll matter too much when it breaks. But the last time I was there, I'm pretty sure I saw some of the bundles with the 2 games plus the extra controller and play and charge kit.

[quote name='Pirate Ninja']Costco values their customers and it shows through their policies. They also treat their employees right and their CEO should be a model for other companies. It's hard not to like the guy if you read up on him (and see how much he makes).[/quote]

So Costco will take back the RockBand bundle even if the game is open? I am thinking of buying one but heard abt a lot of complain regarding to the diff. problems of all the hardware. Also don't want to go through EA's replacement program since it is only 60days. If Costco will give full refund for the open package then definitley i have a green light to go buy one for Christmas.

The bundle did not include the games. This was in Mt. Prospect, IL. It is the older bundle. So you save $50 but don't get Forza/Marvel, but you can pick it up if you really want it on Ebay for probably $25 or less.

The Costcos in my area would accept a Rock Band return. I think in other sites some people have even returned HD-DVD and Blu-Rays. One note about the policy is they do track your returns. So if you abuse the policy your account can be flagged.

As I mentioned I don't think returning an actual broken 360 in any time less than three years would case any problems. Heck even MS guarantees them for that long against the three red lights. The good part is you don't have to wait to receive your new unit. Instead you return then rebuy. If the price has dropped it is $$$ in your pocket too.

One other note is I debated on selling Rock Band for a little extra money. I had never played any of the Guitar Hero games so I didn't know what to expect. However, it is a load of fun. Just being able to jam to Weezer's "Say it ain't So" about justifies the price. I haven't even hooked up the drums yet either.:lol:

Of note also is I noticed at three seperate Wal-Marts they all had Rock Bands for 360/PS3 for $169. This was in Southern/Central IL. I was on a business trip so I was hunting Wii's, LOL!

[quote name='52club']
As I mentioned I don't think returning an actual broken 360 in any time less than three years would case any problems. Heck even MS guarantees them for that long against the three red lights. The good part is you don't have to wait to receive your new unit. Instead you return then rebuy. If the price has dropped it is $$$ in your pocket too.

[/quote]

Straying a bit off the topic, I was on the phone with Xbox support the other day for a broken arcade game. I had returned a busted 360 to Costco a couple months ago and got a new one. The lady actually asked "why didn't you just send it to us?"

Thanks OP... managed to get $10 refund on the original price I paid at costco (159.99, now 149.39) thanks to the 30-day price guarantee.

[quote name='goengland']So Costco will take back the RockBand bundle even if the game is open? I am thinking of buying one but heard abt a lot of complain regarding to the diff. problems of all the hardware. Also don't want to go through EA's replacement program since it is only 60days. If Costco will give full refund for the open package then definitley i have a green light to go buy one for Christmas.[/quote]
Yes. They're one of the few (if not only) remaining retailers that will take back opened games/movies/cds. (no receipt, cash refund! of course, that depends upon them being able to look up the purchase on your membership)

I love Costco. That return policy ensures I buy the bulk of my stuff there. Looks like good customer service actually works. Whaddya know?

[quote name='nyman']Neither of my local Costcos have Rock Band, or for that matter ever had any, and they have no plans to order any. Sigh.[/quote]
It could be hit or miss. I know not all Costcos carry the same stuff but just keep checking back. When I was trying to get my 360 Holiday bundle, I heard so many different stories.

"Yes we have some on order. We expect them any day now." The next day I called to see if they arrived and they said, "Sorry, we don't have any on order." Two weeks later they had a whole bunch of them.

Stopped by my local Costco (altamonte springs, FL) last night and they had just received 6 copies of rock band special edition in each platform for $149.99 each.

[quote name='moonphrogg']Stopped by my local Costco (altamonte springs, FL) last night and they had just received 6 copies of rock band special edition in each platform for $149.99 each.[/QUOTE]

Grr... must... not purchase.....must resist... wife will kill me for taking up the entire living room with my Logitech DriveFX wheel (tablemate II) combo, then a drum kit... grr

Oh well, my friend has it, it's better to take up his living room :)

Well today I'm jamming out, after completing easy with the guitar I tried the drums for a while. They are really tough on normal. So I decide time to try normal on the guitar for a while. I start to notice when notes need to be substained on the guitar for some reason they aren't even though I'm holding down the strum bar. It continues to get worse even causing me to fail out of a song. It appears my guitar has suffered the fate of many others.

I did find this excellent fix:

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=40188

If I wanted to try to fix it, but I think I'm just taking it back to Costco. While I like the drums I just don't think they are worth my other option. Which is just purchasing the rock band game and use my GH III guitar that is on its way. I figure I can get a used copy of Rock Band (the game only) for about $40. Then add that to my used copy of GH III (yeah I know I got a good deal) that I already purchased for $70. So I' am only at $110 for a just being able to play the guitar on both games. Which I think I'm alright with. Plus I can have an extra $40 (with tax factored in) in my pocket for downloads which I think I would rather have than the drums. I just am not a social gamer. I don't like the idea of being dependent on others to fully enjoy a game I suppose. However, I could see if you are this game would really be worth the investment.

It is really unfortunate EA most likely knew about the guitar issue, but still shipped the units. I would bet my next paycheck they were aware of the issue. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when they found out they had quality issues on a peripheral that would be in short supply.

bread's done
Back