Rock Band Green Day with free 1600 Pts Card, KmartGamer

[quote name='alpha064']My local Kmart had absolutely no copies at all, but had a bunch of 1600 point cards.[/QUOTE]
Mine had a ton of copies but 0 points cards apparently. SHC is checking to see if they have any in the back I suppose for me right now.

If they don't have any, what stores that sell videogames would match this offer?

I do not have a Best Buy so that's out of the question.

[quote name='SativaSam']Mine had a ton of copies but 0 points cards apparently. SHC is checking to see if they have any in the back I suppose for me right now.

If they don't have any, what stores that sell videogames would match this offer?

I do not have a Best Buy so that's out of the question.[/QUOTE]

You could try Walmart or Target, but they're a little stricter on price matches (may say it's a web price and they won't match.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']You could try Walmart or Target, but they're a little stricter on price matches (may say it's a web price and they won't match.)[/QUOTE]
I tried to match a B1G1 50% off deal at Walmart that TRU had going on, no go. I do have the KmartGamer page printed off with the deal where it says "in store" but no idea if that'd work. I've never had any luck with PM'ing them.

[quote name='SativaSam']

I do not have a Best Buy so that's out of the question.[/QUOTE]

The only store around me that has the game for instore purchase is Best Buy, but their deal is $3 off any Green Day cd which kind of pales in comparison to Kmart's deal. Walmart offers a $10 e-gift card but I don't really want that and Target offers nothing.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']The unusually kind folks at Best Buy are matching the deal. Rock on.[/QUOTE]

How did you get Best Buy to price match? What did you show them? Because if they're unaware of the deal, they're not just going to take my word for it without an advertisement print-out.

Does this only work with the iPhone? lol jk
If I wasn't so lazy after all this Green Day stress, and store hopping, I'd go try that now.

I tried getting Toys R Us and Walmart to price match, they wouldn't do it. Sigh, time to go pay full price since no one owns the points cards.

I failed at the local (Pittsburgh - McIntyre Square) K-Mart as well. They had point cards, but no copies of GD:RB. I talked to an employee named Scott who said it usually takes them 2-3 days to get new releases. Sorry, but I won't be bothering.

Best Buy here would not price match, despite calling ahead and having them tell me "Yes we will price match this" on the phone. Guess I should know better, since 4 out of the 5 times that I've set foot in their store I've had to either stand in line at customer service for an hour just for a price match or had to fight them tooth and nail to match a printed ad price. It's times like these I miss Circuit City.. they'd match anything.

I just went ahead and went to Best Buy and picked up the last copy of the Plus Edition. Didn't bother trying to get them to price match since I was sick of running around all day trying to find a copy instores.

I broke down and bought a copy at Gamestop. I know the manager and he gave me a bitchin' standee for Alan Wake w/ my game.

Another failed attempted at my local dumpmart. These people just don't want my money. Told them about the deal, the guy just grunted and said he had no clue. So he looks for the game and can't find it. I said can you check the back, and he said its not back there. So I said if he could go look anyway, he might be surprised. He then "pretends" to go look in the back. I see him disappear for 1 minute in the washer/fridge, mirowave whatever section. I can see him the whole time. He's just chatting up his kmart employee. He then comes back and says, "we didn't get it in". When confronted that he never went to check, he goes, "you buying something or what, I have work to do". I almost kicked him in the balls. So I went to BB and got it price matched. God, I hate this store.

It's funny about them not wanting your money. When I asked if they had Green Day rock band, the guy goes on to tell me it didn't come in, and the other guy actually said "Good. I hate those games." In fairness, that happened at Gamestop too when I bought MLB the Show. I really hope those guys lose their jobs when their stores lose business and close.

As much as I love these deals Kmart is doing, and to SHC for coming here and telling us ahead of time, I believe it's time to post these deals in the weekly ads. I know you're trying to do this online thing, but man just listening to these stories is bad enough. I also had trouble when the deal for Bayonetta, Final Fantasy 13, and the rest of the games went live. In store, they kept telling me it wasn't in the ad. And of course, it did not ring up until someone in the thread before me posted the details of the store in question and you called them up.

I truly believe these troubles would go away if they were also posted in the weekly ads on top of the online site. Maybe this will also help with getting stock in stores. Please think about doing this in the future.

Really wanted this game as well, but no deal on the PS3 version.

Drove out to the Milford, CT Kmart to check. They seemed to have plenty of copies of the game in stock, but not a single 1600 point card in sight. I found and asked a employee if he could check in back for more point cards, buuuut I received no eye contact, a time-buying stare up at the ceiling, and a "Uhhh, I, uhh... We don't have any. Um. I. Just checked." Not too convincing.

Unfortunate,'cause I was looking forward to givin Kmart my money today. hahaha. I'll have to call and see if they have any more in stock later in the week.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Estebon']Another failed attempted at my local dumpmart. These people just don't want my money. Told them about the deal, the guy just grunted and said he had no clue. So he looks for the game and can't find it. I said can you check the back, and he said its not back there. So I said if he could go look anyway, he might be surprised. He then "pretends" to go look in the back. I see him disappear for 1 minute in the washer/fridge, mirowave whatever section. I can see him the whole time. He's just chatting up his kmart employee. He then comes back and says, "we didn't get it in". When confronted that he never went to check, he goes, "you buying something or what, I have work to do". I almost kicked him in the balls. So I went to BB and got it price matched. God, I hate this store.[/QUOTE]

While I sympathize with your plight, this is too appropriate not to post.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/11/27/

:)

[quote name='Se7en69']As much as I love these deals Kmart is doing, and to SHC for coming here and telling us ahead of time, I believe it's time to post these deals in the weekly ads. I know you're trying to do this online thing, but man just listening to these stories is bad enough. I also had trouble when the deal for Bayonetta, Final Fantasy 13, and the rest of the games went live. In store, they kept telling me it wasn't in the ad. And of course, it did not ring up until someone in the thread before me posted the details of the store in question and you called them up.

I truly believe these troubles would go away if they were also posted in the weekly ads on top of the online site. Maybe this will also help with getting stock in stores. Please think about doing this in the future.

Really wanted this game as well, but no deal on the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]
Trust me, I am just as frustrated as everyone who has posted something negative, if not more so.

Since the first major blog sale we did on FFXIII and others, we have not had nearly a many issues on the other sales that I have posted. I am definitely working to see why this one has seemed to struggle as the Blur/Split Second offer is doing very well right now and I haven't seen a complaint thus far.

Everyone who has a complaint doesn't come here to post about it. Not everyone who knows about your blog is from cag. So don't assume that just because there have not been more negative things posted, that there are not many many more people out there who got the same negative service.

What is "very well" mean? How many copies does something have to sell for it to be "very well"?

[quote name='Estebon']Everyone who has a complaint doesn't come here to post about it. Not everyone who knows about your blog is from cag. So don't assume that just because there have not been more negative things posted, that there are not many many more people out there who got the same negative service.

What is "very well" mean? How many copies does something have to sell for it to be "very well"?[/QUOTE]
Trust me; I am not that ignorant. I receive store feedback and customer feedback from other sources as well. I do however look to CAG as an oustanding resource.

On the other promotions we have run I have been able to diagnose which have had issues and which have not.

Overall, regardless of the obstacles we have left to overcome, Kmart does more business in video games than you might think :)

I wonder how much business you lose from people in the actual store but I guess they don't matter.

Anyway, whenever I talk to you mods get an itchy trigger finger on the ban button. Not that you care about me being unjustly banned, but if you can answer my last question, that would be good.

[quote name='Estebon']I wonder how much business you lose from people in the actual store but I guess they don't matter.

Anyway, whenever I talk to you mods get an itchy trigger finger on the ban button. Not that you care about me being unjustly banned, but if you can answer my last question, that would be good.[/QUOTE]
Everybody matters, associates and customers. I do what I can to help every day, that's all I can do.

I do not want you to get banned at all, I have thick enough skin to deal with any type of feedback. You can't be in my position without it :)

I cannot divulge proporietary information regarding our sales estimates or actuals. I can tell you that every major publisher views Kmart as a top tier account and we have a very successful business that is growing every day, in many ways despite some of the poor experiences mentioned previously. Over time you will see us right the ship and reach our potential.

Just curious since you said that B2G1 free sales don't interest you because the sales aren't there and you seem to consider the blur/SS sale a success. So was curious how big of a difference we are talking about here. Regardless, since you're not willing to divulge any info, no matter how generic, it doesn't matter to press the issue any further.

[quote name='Estebon']Just curious since you said that B2G1 free sales don't interest you because the sales aren't there and you seem to consider the blur/SS sale a success. So was curious how big of a difference we are talking about here. Regardless, since you're not willing to divulge any info, no matter how generic, it doesn't matter to press the issue any further.[/QUOTE]
I wish I could share more, but you are right I cannot.

We measure success based upon the elasticity of the regular sale to event. The higher the lift, the greater resonance the offer had.

In most cases, straight discounts outperform BOGO's for Kmart. It is not that I am not interested and you may seem them again, but you will see more direct discounts more than not.

bread's done
Back