Rock Band now 199.99

King

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Well it seems that Canadians are getting screwed on the price of Rock Band. Both Futureshop and Best Buy have jacked up their prices to 199.99, I've also heard EB Games has done the same. I'm hoping Wal-Mart sticks to their guns and offers American prices, if not I guess I'm waiting out.

Rock Band has been delayed until the 17th of January because they "forgot" to include bilingual manuals. So the French Canadians are popular again I bet.

it hasn't been delayed. it's showing up in random stores, mainly Toys R Us. Some futureshops have their stock in as well but aren't putting them on the street until the 28th.

The game shipped today, stop with the delay crap.

They just didn't ship a lot of copies :/

Was at BestBuy today, they wheeled in their only 4 copies for the PS3 going for 169.99.

Guy spoke to the purolator, and they said they only had PS3 copies today.

This was in burlington around 3:30pm

EBGames in City Centre Mall, Edmonton has a big stack of Rock Band software... but from what I could see (though they wouldn't have called me as I was 18th in line) there were no bundles.

That sucks yall. I got 2 Rockband bundles(same day) for my brother and I(2 different Credit Cards) At my local EB. They had a shit load that night (last month) we were both lucky the guy asked "did you preorder" to us we said no and he gave us 2 O_O And for the Wii I got mine on launch and nobody can even find them =o

I went to Futureshop who said it wouldn't be in until January, Toys R Us who hadn't received any shipments, and EBGames where I have it preordered and am #5 on the list. They really were not sure if they would get the bundle Saturday or Monday or how many they would get. They did confirm the price is 169.99 however.

Here in Brampton Toys R Us got several PS3 and 360 copies, but sold out in a couple hours

The futureshop at Queen & Airport was selling PS3 copies, they had 5 left at 7, for 199

The last bet seems to be Wal Mart if you want to get the 360 bundle before Christmas :cry:

[quote name='choaffable']Called Blockbuster...They just got a memo from their HQ that says due to the shortages of Rock Band in Canada, they won't be getting any copies until well into the new year.[/quote]

Supposedly in the GTA only 5 stores got any Rockband Bundles. But they did get them and did sell them, my friend got 1... and had to call a crapload of stores to find it.

Also many Futureshops put them out on the floor and sold them today.

God, I hate EA for the way they've screwed this release up. I almost posted at RFD, but then I realized every bump they get there is just going to pique the interest of another scalper.

I'm on the list at EB. They tell me there's a "good chance" I'll get the game, but they don't know their allocation... I think I'm right on the razor's edge, and based on the numbers I've read about other EBs, I think I'm probably too far down the list (I'm 9 or 10 IIRC -- IMO, even for a game in short supply, that should be guaranteed... unfortunately, Rock Band is clearly not a normal situation)

So as it stands, I'm seriously in the market for one, and it sucks, because I fully expect to spend all sorts of time looking around tomorrow and get shut out, whether it makes it to Calgary-at-large or not. I'll spare the sob story about how it was going to be part of the holiday entertaining at our house.

The way EA dealt with this game? A disgrace. An absolute disgrace. The delay? Fine, get your *&@# together, I dealt with it. The fact that the delay was followed by this amount of pure uncertainty and then obvious mass shortages is infuriating. It may not be easy to find in the States, but it's no Wii.... they're telling me they can't properly supply a first run in Canada? They're telling me that they can't ship until three business days before Christmas?

Way to screw up, EA. You know, I don't really think much of these people who say, "I've been boycotting EA since they helped kill Dreamcast/destroyed sports gaming competition/released a subpar Harry Potter game, but this one has me angry as a consumer. I won't stop buying EA games -- I like Mass Effect, I like Will Wright, etc. -- but if this disgust lingers like I expect it will, I'll definitely think twice when I see that EA seal. Madden 09? Maybe not.

Holy crap I'm on a roll. I'm just pissed. There are going to be more people in the right place at the right time on Friday than me.... I think I'm SOL. If I do see copies in the wild tomorrow, I will do whatever I can to let other CAGs know (maybe via PM... I'd rather help a contributor than a drive-by). If there's some outside chance I can snag more than one copy, I'll probably buy what I can and sell, at cost, to anyone who's willing to pick up. If anyone's willing to do the same, I'll be eternally grateful... but I think we all know how this is going to turn out.

Hey guys I thought I should mention that I have 3 pre-orders for Rock Band, one at 2 different EB's and 1 at BBV for the 360 version, since the EB pre-orders were placed only a day or two after it just got in there system there is a good chance I will get them. If I do manage to get my hands on more than 1 (assuming it's before christmas) I would be happy to buy it and sell it at cost to someone in the Coquitlam Centre/ Lougheed Mall area. Give me a PM if interested and I will keep you updated.

Rockband Is Avaliable At Downtown Toronto Bestbuy Bay And Dundas
There Were 12 When I Left , They Received 15!

Go There Now Its 10:25 Now Am

**EDIT THEY ONLY HAVE PS3 VERSIONS** NO 360 shipped

Wooo got really luck with the Futureshop at the Heartland Towncentre in Mississauga, at 11:00 they had just received a big shipment of 360 & PS3 versions

BB at Bramelea City centre had a about 12 PS3 ones early in the morning too

Happy hunting :D

Anybody having luck in Calgary? From my research (otherwise randomly calling up stores for an hour), the Best Buy in Northland Mall and several Roger Videos have the game only version.

The futureshop in Calgary's Deerfoot Meadows Mall had 30 xbox 360 versions and 30 versions of the ps3 come in. Of course they're sold out minutes after I find out.

I just got one here at Best Buy Toronto. XBOX 360 version. Only a few stores right now but all Best Buy's should have it by the end of the evening.

TIME TO ROCK OUT!:bouncy:

listed in stock at Futureshops in Winnipeg. screw EB, i'm getting mine there.

Edit: finally, we got one. i want to say thank you to everyone posting in this thread; it helped me keep an eye on the Futureshop site, which i wouldn't have done without everyone's updates. so, thanks very much, guys!

BBV said they have mine (and 5 other preorders) on order, no idea when they come.

I would assume it would say In Transit if they were coming soon though :(

Edit: Well that was quick, half an hour after I called them and they said it was on order, I get a call saying it is in :D

[quote name='shifty_37']Was at BestBuy today, they wheeled in their only 4 copies for the PS3 going for 169.99.

Guy spoke to the purolator, and they said they only had PS3 copies today.

This was in burlington around 3:30pm[/quote]

so bestbuy is selling them for $169.99, even though their website says $199? That would be nice, i didnt really want to spend $200

Alright, for those in Ottawa..

Best Buy next to Lynx Stadium had about 11 PS3 bundles.. people just kept on walking in looking at them and saying "what about xbox?" The guy said they got some in earlier but sold out quickly. The Best Buy on merivale hadn't got anything yet. Future Shop on Merivale had some but sold out earlier in the morning. Toys R Us on Merivale got 4 in but sold out earlier in the morning as well.

All in all, stores definitely had them, but 12pm is not the time to go looking for them. Get there when they open or forget it.

Anyone think I should go early tomorrow morning and try and get it?

I managed to get a copy of the 360 version at Future Shop ($200, those bastards... I'll PM later... can't wait to get grief over "do they have it in stock?")... anyone looking for a PS3 version in Calgary should check Rogers/Blockbuster... I saw bundles in both places (both said they didn't receive any 360 versions)

I shopped around for a while to see if I could find another copy somewhere for another CAG (and make sure it didn't get scalped)... came up booone dry. Sorry folks. :(

EA sucks.... hopefully Wal-Mart gets some stock before Christmas so some more people can get the game.

[quote name='Kekumba']So anyone know when more are supposed to be shipped to whatever stores or what?[/quote]

After Christmas for sure, that is unless the store has no stock yet, in which case they should get their first shipment tomorrow or Monday

just picked my ps3 copy up at future shop in regina, sk.

they had 4 copies for each console and they all sold out while i was there. best of luck to anyone trying to get this before christmas.

what a shocker, just got an e-mail from futureshop saying it is no longer available for store pick and they have cancelled my order

Talking to a guy at London Drugs, they're not getting their shipment until Saturday morning. He suggested to give them a call first thing or stop by, because if they don't have it then, it'll be a week until they get their next shipment.

Best Buy should have them in between December 20th and December 24th. The notice says they expect to sell out within hours of receiving it so good luck.

I got the second to last bundle at the Richmond Best Buy and half an hour later, my 360's disk drive breaks down. I bought the system last boxing day and it is already out of warranty. I'm pissed...

My mom went to the EB Games in Hyde Park (Ontario) on Thursday and they said they were expecting 10 copies by the end of this week or early next. We're #5 on the list ^_^

[quote name='mistergoku']I got the second to last bundle at the Richmond Best Buy and half an hour later, my 360's disk drive breaks down. I bought the system last boxing day and it is already out of warranty. I'm pissed...[/quote]

If you bought it on boxing day then you should be able to call Xbox support anytime during the next 3 days and set up a repair for free. o_o The warranty is 1 year. 3 years for RROD.

[quote name='bs000']If you bought it on boxing day then you should be able to call Xbox support anytime during the next 3 days and set up a repair for free. o_o The warranty is 1 year. 3 years for RROD.[/quote]
No, the Warranty seems to have expired based on the date it was shipped, not purchased.

Just lucked into a copy of Rock Band at Wal-Mart for 169.83. Was there christmas shopping with my brother and figured for the hell of it I'd ask if any came in, the lady had no idea what it even was and called to see if there was any, the truck just arrived and were bringing it over, pretty ridiculous luck.

The Truck of Rock Band for EB coming from EA has gone "missing" This is what we have been told. The shipment heading for EB hq has gone missing. do not expect refill for awhile. (Mid Jan)

Look for your pre orderd copy on ebay now.

Well, I got it for Christmas :) They phoned my house yesterday to say they got it in (EB). So much fun!

[quote name='Ranzo']The Truck of Rock Band for EB coming from EA has gone "missing" This is what we have been told. The shipment heading for EB hq has gone missing. do not expect refill for awhile. (Mid Jan)

Look for your pre orderd copy on ebay now.[/quote]

Oh god.....
EB CANADA HQ
OR
EB US HQ in Texas?

If its the us one... it take another month or so!

Friend told me that while he was thowing out garbage @FS, he saw a few rockbands for 360, apprently nobody asked if they had them in, so they just sat there all day.

Yeah it's messed up, checked out the FS site, says they're out tomorrow on the 28th....asked my friend about them again, he said they were all gone.

bread's done
Back