Rock Band now 199.99

King

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Well it seems that Canadians are getting screwed on the price of Rock Band. Both Futureshop and Best Buy have jacked up their prices to 199.99, I've also heard EB Games has done the same. I'm hoping Wal-Mart sticks to their guns and offers American prices, if not I guess I'm waiting out.

Sadly I don't know the specific platforms, but the EB at Polo Park just made a nice fort of Rock Band at the front of the store. Must have been at least 20 bundles.

Kanata Roger Video at Centrum (I mistakenly wrote Block Buster last night) had the 1 package of 360 Rock Band as of 10:30 tonight (Thursday) $169.99.

Hey o all was just at BB in Surrey B.C. in Central City picking up a tv stand(40% off right now on the Init stands) and i seen rock band for 159.99$ dont know if it was a 1 day only sale but they had a stack on the floor, anyways it still might be onsale. Dont know if it was the ps2,360 or the ps3 version, not into those games but its worth checking out if your into that.

My girlfriend managed to grab one for $169.99 at our local Rogers. Still trying to decide if I keep it or not. Sticker on the box says November.24 2007 I dont want half of the stuff to be broken out of the box.

[quote name='magiic']My girlfriend managed to grab one for $169.99 at our local Rogers. Still trying to decide if I keep it or not. Sticker on the box says November.24 2007 I dont want half of the stuff to be broken out of the box.[/QUOTE]
lol must be leftover from the shortage that kept them out of Canada until the end of Dec

Mine was also a Nov 24th one and all of my equipment is fine. Been playing it steadily since purchase as well. Just like the risk of a 360, you may as well give it a shot.

[quote name='magiic']mine had a sticker on the box that had November.24 2007 on it[/quote]

Mine as well. Everything was fine though. I bought the FS replacement plan anyways, so Im covered.

the strum bar doesn't click like the GH ones... it's kinda nice but i have difficulty strumming really fast... and the extra buttons on the neck are for solos, you don't have to even strum the solos, but it takes a while to get used to going all the way down to small buttons for it.

[quote name='Tenren']Why is Future Shop and Best Buy sticking to $200?

Are they just evil? :p[/quote]

Couldn't you just pricematch and screw them over?

only if it's in stock at other locations and follows best buy price matching procedures...

it won't be "screwing them" though...

cost price of rock band special bundle is 136... they are selling at 199 to make huge profits on the game... if you were to pricematch 169 you'd get it for 166... they'd still make money and not really care.

my guitar is being gay and setting off the star power completely randomly now, anyone else had this problem?

[quote name='dave17']my guitar is being gay and setting off the star power completely randomly now, anyone else had this problem?[/quote]

mine doesn't do it randomly but it is reeeally sensitive, pretty much anything over perfectly level and it goes off

[quote name='dave17']my guitar is being gay and setting off the star power completely randomly now, anyone else had this problem?[/quote]

mine does that too, which is annoying when the Star Power gets wasted way before a hard part or like RIGHT before someone fails out. haven't heard of any repair for it yet

Only star power problem for me was the GHIII controller not registering it and failing me for the only time throughout my hard career. Otherwise, I held it for pretty much all of Flirtin' With Disaster up until the solo.

anyone in kingston, the new videogame store downtown on princess has a bunch of special editions in the window. i got a brief look but there was definitely ps2 and 360

Just heard from a friend that the EBGames in the Lansdowne Mall in Peterborough had stacks of PS3 and 360 special edition RockBands, both for 169.99. According to him 'you cannot miss them'.

I was in EB at Masonville (London) and the guy said he had about 50 special editions (full set) of Rock Band for PS3 @_@ I didn't hear anything about the 360 version, but I'm sure I heard him correctly. He was probably exaggerating, but he did say that they wish they would get rid of them because moving around in the back room has been such a pain in the ass of late. ^_^

Again: Masonville. Rock Band. PS3. LOTS.
I don't know how shipments are going and what not (I got mine on Dec 24), but there's a heads up!

mississauga microplay in squareone has them for 360/ps3, but for $210

not sure how many left, 15mins later I saw some people leaving the store with them.

on a side note, the February issue of Official Xbox Magazine is out with the disc that has three new Rock Band songs on it (Freezepop, Count Zero, and Bang Camaro).

i'm not sure what the deal was, but we got it at Walmart for 7.99 (the cover price is CDN $12.99). maybe we had a confused cashier.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']i'm not sure what the deal was, but we got it at Walmart for 7.99 (the cover price is CDN $12.99). maybe we had a confused cashier.[/quote] I'm not sure what the US price is, but Wal-Mart is supposed to charge the American price on magazines now. That does sound awfully low though...

[quote name='mrelusive']I'm not sure what the US price is, but Wal-Mart is supposed to charge the American price on magazines now. That does sound awfully low though...[/quote]

that's what i was thinking, but the magazine didn't even have a US price listed on the cover. maybe so Canadian shoppers can't compare them and get mad when we're supposed to pay 3-4 bucks more, heh

[quote name='Bamelin']Downtown Toronto HMV has both PS3 and 360 versions in stock at $199[/quote]
You got to be shitting me. They had it for 179.99 before.
Yonge St/Dundas Location

[quote name='ikariwarriors']on a side note, the February issue of Official Xbox Magazine is out with the disc that has three new Rock Band songs on it (Freezepop, Count Zero, and Bang Camaro).

i'm not sure what the deal was, but we got it at Walmart for 7.99 (the cover price is CDN $12.99). maybe we had a confused cashier.[/quote]

they any good? do i need to keep the disc to play the tracks or can i somehow copy them over to the hard drive?

[quote name='doctorofstyle']they any good? do i need to keep the disc to play the tracks or can i somehow copy them over to the hard drive?[/quote]

nope, you don't need the disc after they're copied to your hard drive. if you know some other folks that have the 360 version of Rock Band, maybe suggest going in on a copy of the magazine together to save a few bucks.

i've only tried the guitar parts, but i thought the Freezepop song "Sprode" was pretty good if you dig synth-style music (i've heard the song was also in Amplitude). Bang Camaro's song is a slower one with some tricky solos, and the Count Zero one isn't bad for a free track. then again, i'm a sucker for absolutely any Rock Band tracks, haha.

This game isn't that hard to find north of Toronto. The Bolton EBG has about 20 XBox copies and 10 for the PS3. I even spotted a sole PS2 copy there.

I was going to ask what the price was, but the had a frickin' huge lineup for some reason (and not to buy RB). Is it stil $169.99 there? I was thinking of getting it.

bread's done
Back