Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='Rocko']Neither of these make sense. Have your friends play the tutorial.[/QUOTE]

I have the dude on ignore so far be it from me to defend him, but the HO/PO notes in the original Rock Band are a lot harder to distinguish than in RB2. That was something I was glad they tweaked for 2.

I agree that in RB2 they're more noticeable, but I don't remember having too hard of a time distinguishing them in RB. Then again, it's been a while since I've played the first RB.

Regardless, that's already been improved.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']:rofl:

Now that dumbshit is banned. Is it permanent?[/QUOTE]

If he comes back it will be with a different account.

Thank god he got banned, dude needs help. On another note, the DLC coming Tuesday is pretty sweet, I love when they have a lot of variety like that.

[quote name='hhhdx4']It is, its just mixed differently[/quote]

No, it's not just that. It's that Harmonix doesn't care about their fans. They lied straight to their faces. They get your money, so that's all they care about. They're going to move onto something new and forget all about the RB series, just like they did Frequency.

:lol:

hahahahahahahahahahaha

So when you play a single instrument in RB, will the audio track for that instrument stand out more? Because I've always thought it did that, but I figured maybe it was my imagination because I was just listening for that instrument more.

[quote name='BustaUppa']hahahahahahahahahahaha

So when you play a single instrument in RB, will the audio track for that instrument stand out more? Because I've always thought it did that, but I figured maybe it was my imagination because I was just listening for that instrument more.[/QUOTE]

It definitely does, moreso with vocals really though. It seems least obvious on drums though, for some reason, maybe its just because of all the noise they make.

[quote name='Rocko']Smooth Criminal's solo is unbelievably entertaining.[/QUOTE]

Hell yes it is, I was greatly amused by it, something that takes a LOT in Rock Band, as far as solos go. Normally they piss me off. This and War Zone are my only two solos that I enjoy through and through.

beatles_rockband_eng.jpg

[quote name='pitfallharry219']No, it's not just that. It's that Harmonix doesn't care about their fans. They lied straight to their faces. They get your money, so that's all they care about. They're going to move onto something new and forget all about the RB series, just like they did Frequency.
[/QUOTE]
I lol'd

[quote name='BustaUppa']hahahahahahahahahahaha

So when you play a single instrument in RB, will the audio track for that instrument stand out more? Because I've always thought it did that, but I figured maybe it was my imagination because I was just listening for that instrument more.[/QUOTE]

Bass is definitely louder when you play solo.

Man - when is RB2 going to be under 20 bucks. Bought it for a party we were having but had to return it for the monies. It's hard to go back to RB1. I miss me some RB2 *tear*

[quote name='hhhdx4']It is, its just mixed differently[/quote]

If it is, then evidently they clipped the "yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah" at the end down to a "yeah".

What do you all think about this "confirmed" list of dlc from the Wiki?

ABC"Jackson 5TBDTBD"Gasoline"AudioslaveTBDTBD"Kryptonite"3 Doors DownTBDTBD"Less Talk More Rokk"FreezepopTBDTBD"Miss Murder"AFITBDTBD"Rock Your Socks"Tenacious DTBDTBD"Show Me the Way"Black TideTBDTBD"What's My Age Again?"Blink-182TBDTBD"Would?"Alice in ChainsTBDTBD"666"AnvilTBDTBD"Metal on Metal"AnvilTBDTBD"Thumb Hang"AnvilTBDTBD

AFI was already in a music game (can't recall which one). Love the Audioslave and 3 Doors Down, too.

[quote name='shieryda']What do you all think about this "confirmed" list of dlc from the Wiki?

ABC"Jackson 5TBDTBD"Gasoline"AudioslaveTBDTBD"Kryptonite"3 Doors DownTBDTBD"Less Talk More Rokk"FreezepopTBDTBD"Miss Murder"AFITBDTBD"Rock Your Socks"Tenacious DTBDTBD"Show Me the Way"Black TideTBDTBD"What's My Age Again?"Blink-182TBDTBD"Would?"Alice in ChainsTBDTBD"666"AnvilTBDTBD"Metal on Metal"AnvilTBDTBD"Thumb Hang"AnvilTBDTBD

AFI was already in a music game (can't recall which one). Love the Audioslave and 3 Doors Down, too.[/quote]

HMX did confirm these. They're the only tracks from the PSP game Rock Band Unplugged. They're supposed to be exclusive to that game for a little while before being released as DLC. Definitely in for Audioslave.

[quote name='shieryda']http://kotaku.com/5245625/next-week-in-rock-band-social-distortion-disturbs-steely-dan

In for Disturbed, Social Distortion (not "Story of My Life", though, becuase it's already on GHIII) and Steely Dan.:bouncy:[/quote]

Pretty damn good choices for Social D. Definitely in for the pack.

Nothing for me next week.

Yeah, those tracks were confirmed and out of those Would? is gonna be the best overall for all instruments. Great song.

I don't know much Tenacious D but I wish we would get that song I heard called Tribute. Would be fun to sing ;)

[quote name='shieryda']http://kotaku.com/5245625/next-week-in-rock-band-social-distortion-disturbs-steely-dan

In for Disturbed, Social Distortion (not "Story of My Life", though, becuase it's already on GHIII) and Steely Dan.:bouncy:[/quote]

Woo, in for the Social D pack. Mike Ness FTW!

I wonder if that fact that EA lost $400 million on the Rock Band franchise last FY will impact the DLC we see in the future. It seems like they are increasing the number of tracks available, at least for the past few weeks. I hope we don't start getting 5 RB games a year like Activision is doing with GH.

Definitely getting Stricken and Stupify. Mostly been wanting Stupify since RB2 came out, since it goes hand in hand with Down With the Sickness to me, I listened to that CD soooo much in high school.

I think that Blue Sky is the guitar song of the year so far on Rock Band, and I'm including SRV in that assessment. Such a fun solo.

[quote name='shieryda']What do you all think about this "confirmed" list of dlc from the Wiki?

AFI was already in a music game (can't recall which one). Love the Audioslave and 3 Doors Down, too.[/QUOTE]

I may get "ABC", "Gasoline", "Kryptonite", and "What's My Age Again?". And I love "Miss Murder", but it's already on GH3 and I've been trying to avoid buying tracks that I have on other discs. But that may be hard this week since I'll probably buy both Disturbed songs and "Stricken" was also on GH3. I'm too weak...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Woo, in for the Social D pack. Mike Ness FTW!

I wonder if that fact that EA lost $400 million on the Rock Band franchise last FY will impact the DLC we see in the future. It seems like they are increasing the number of tracks available, at least for the past few weeks. I hope we don't start getting 5 RB games a year like Activision is doing with GH.[/quote]

Damn, that really sucks. Do you have a source for this? Thats really disappointing if true...

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Woo, in for the Social D pack. Mike Ness FTW!

I wonder if that fact that EA lost $400 million on the Rock Band franchise last FY will impact the DLC we see in the future. It seems like they are increasing the number of tracks available, at least for the past few weeks. I hope we don't start getting 5 RB games a year like Activision is doing with GH.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to think that a majority of that come from the shitty ass 1st Gen hardware at the beginning of the year (I think that most of the returns happened in this FY, I could be wrong though.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I wonder if that fact that EA lost $400 million on the Rock Band franchise last FY will impact the DLC we see in the future. It seems like they are increasing the number of tracks available, at least for the past few weeks. I hope we don't start getting 5 RB games a year like Activision is doing with GH.[/QUOTE]
They didn't lose it last year, they're expecting to lose it this year.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I've been trying to avoid buying tracks that I have on other discs.[/quote]

Same. I hate that shit.

icon1.gif
"Kids Don't Follow" delayed
Due to a bug that came up late in testing during cert "Kids Don't Follow" by the Replacements will be delayed and not available this week. The team will be fixing the issue to make it available in the near future.

Yes, I'm sad too. That's one of my favorite songs ever. If you need me I will be over here biding my time with Elvis Costello, Steely Dan, Social D, and Disturbed until my ship comes in.

Be brave.

Sucks.

[quote name='motuza']Damn, that really sucks. Do you have a source for this? Thats really disappointing if true...[/quote]

LINK

Like some others have posted they are "expecting" to lose $400 mil this FY on Rock Band, and it hasn't actually happened yet, but if a public company announces that in their earnings call you can take from it what you will but the music genre is hurting at least for EA/Rock Band.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I take that back. I saw the list of songs that people can choose from. Still good news, but my level of excitement has lessened considerably.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174168[/quote]

Wow, just about lost it when I saw that PJ news, then I saw the fact that it was all live, which is kinda a bummer. I'll still be interested to see what happens with it. I hope it doesn't just turn into a 20 song deal like the AC/DC pack was, but who knows.

I do wonder how they can have a PJ live disc and not have Yellow Ledbetter as one of the song choices.

Also on the weekly DLC it looks like the Social D tracks are all live versions. I checked them out on http:/rockbandcontent.com and I'm on the fence about them. Not a huge fan of live versions in general on RB. Oh well guess I'll have to decide if I want these or not.

bread's done
Back