Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

Not really a Hendrix fan, but may pick up Spanish Castle Magic for GH1's sake even though that version was pretty different.

What exactly is supposed to be the difference between Rock Band Network and the regular store again? I though RBN was for smaller, indie acts, but I see stuff like Lacuna Coil, Hold Steady, and MxPx in RBN. Aren't those are all major acts that should be in the regular store?

It would also be nice to see more industrial on there. Drug Against War is a great song on rock band. They have Ministry, but only their newer stuff. Yeck. At least give us something from Psalm 69 or Mind is a Terrible thing to taste.

One other thing: I'd rather see music videos in the background than those models (although the female models are hawt)

[quote name='2DMention']What exactly is supposed to be the difference between Rock Band Network and the regular store again? I though RBN was for smaller, indie acts, but I see stuff like Lacuna Coil, Hold Steady, and MxPx in RBN. Aren't those are all major acts that should be in the regular store?[/QUOTE]

Rock Band Network acts like Xbox Live Indie Games. It's for anyone who wants to go through the process of programming their own songs (or getting a third party to program them) and getting them through the review process. So, big or small, anyone can get in on it. I guess some bands either find it easier, faster, or perhaps more lucrative than trying to get on regular DLC. They don't have to wait for Harmonix to program them. I think the presence of larger bands can only help the visibility of Rock Band Network as a whole.

[quote name='rapsodist']Whoa! :hot: I bought "The Mighty Skullboy Army" a couple years back, and really enjoyed it. It's amazing to find out that the comic's creator is a fellow CAG![/QUOTE]

Heck yeah! CAG 4 life! More Skullboy comics are on the way!

[quote name='2DMention']
It would also be nice to see more industrial on there. Drug Against War is a great song on rock band. They have Ministry, but only their newer stuff. Yeck. At least give us something from Psalm 69 or Mind is a Terrible thing to taste.[/QUOTE]

Check out Sybreed's Doomsday Party. Just went up today, is a dollar, and is kinda industrial'ish. Here's a preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lufv4aZlJQY

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Pretty bad ass song. I'll definitely DL it next time I fire up rockband.[/QUOTE]

Ok, this is weird, but I just looked at the list of available songs from the OP, and Doomsday Party is now removed.

Shrug. Glad I got it when I did. Although I'm guessing maybe it's just a temporary issue.

[quote name='mcgavin27']Woo, another Third Eye Blind track, "Never Let You Go". Hopefully the vocals don't suffer from the same mix as "Semi-Charmed Life".[/QUOTE]

Well the "'09" on the end doesn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies. The lead singer isn't the same anymore and damn it...they better not fuck this song up for me!

[quote name='thehuskerfan']Rock Band 3 will have vocal harmonies!! It's kinda a given by now, but it's nice to have it confirmed by a developer! Here's hoping that our DLC will be patched to include harmonies with RB3. :cool:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/28/rock-band-3-to-have-vocal-harmonies-harmonix-confirms/[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to sing Fascination by Alphabeat! Suh-weet!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No way in hell they patch old DLC to have harmonies added, but I bet we'll eventually start seeing it in DLC that comes out before RB3 actually hits.

[quote name='KaneRobot']No way in hell they patch old DLC to have harmonies added, but I bet we'll eventually start seeing it in DLC that comes out before RB3 actually hits.[/QUOTE]

I agree that we probably won't see old DLC patched for harmonies. However, they could have been including harmonies in the code since Beatles came out if they were thinking far enough ahead...

That would be a hell of a kick in the crotch to GH to already have a library of music with Harmonies for day one (plus what's coming on the disc).

[quote name='Brainwave0']I agree that we probably won't see old DLC patched for harmonies. However, they could have been including harmonies in the code since Beatles came out if they were thinking far enough ahead...

That would be a hell of a kick in the crotch to GH to already have a library of music with Harmonies for day one (plus what's coming on the disc).[/QUOTE]

DLC might not be patched but who's to say that they haven't had this planned for a while, and the DLC already has the coding for harmonies in it.

Well, I've been 100%ing most of the medium songs, so I've moved up to Hard on Guitar and Bass.

That fifth fret isn't too bad as long as you use your pinky, but when they start spacing out the chords and switching fast, I lose track of where my hands are and screw up.

[quote name='2DMention']Well, I've been 100%ing most of the medium songs, so I've moved up to Hard on Guitar and Bass.

That fifth fret isn't too bad as long as you use your pinky, but when they start spacing out the chords and switching fast, I lose track of where my hands are and screw up.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean you're stretching your pinky over to the orange button? If so, you really want to slide your fingers down so that your index is on the red and pinky is on the orange. It'll make things way easier.

[quote name='Trakan']Do you mean you're stretching your pinky over to the orange button? If so, you really want to slide your fingers down so that your index is on the red and pinky is on the orange. It'll make things way easier.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's what I meant. Game is much more rewarding and fun playing it on hard.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']DLC might not be patched but who's to say that they haven't had this planned for a while, and the DLC already has the coding for harmonies in it.[/QUOTE]

Yes. This is what I meant. I am hoping they had the foresight to include the code.

I finally got a chance to go through the RBN store, and noticed that there were some Elephant 6 songs in there (e.g. The Apples in Stereo, Of Montreal). Nice!

Sounds like Rock Band Green Day may have all of Dookie and American Idiot on disc:

http://www.rbdlc.com/news/?p=3823

I'm still going to wait until the Plus version is on sale for about $30-40, but getting all of Dookie has me a lot more excited about this game.

[quote name='epb']Sounds like Rock Band Green Day may have all of Dookie and American Idiot on disc:

http://www.rbdlc.com/news/?p=3823

I'm still going to wait until the Plus version is on sale for about $30-40, but getting all of Dookie has me a lot more excited about this game.[/QUOTE]

That's good enough for me, but I'll still wait for a black friday sale.

Next week's stinkers:

Anberlin – Feel Good Drag
Hawk Nelson – Live Life Loud
Skillet – Monster
Superchick – Stand in the Rain
Switchfoot – Meant to Live
Thousand Foot Krutch – Fire It Up

[quote name='KaneRobot']Switchfoot – Meant to Live[/QUOTE]:shock: Most of my Rock Band gear is busted, but I'll still grab this. One of my favorite bands since I was a kid, so glad to see them on Rock Band.

This week's DLC is basically all Christian Rock. I know, because I live in an area where Christian Rock = TEH AWESOMEZ!

Seriously, though, it's average at best. I'd prefer something that didn't make me feel like I was at youth convention.

Saw this a few days ago but slipped my mind - Gwar is on the way. At least Gor-Gor but probably more songs besides that. That likely means the rerecord that Guitar Hero got for Gor-Gor, which was disappointing to me. But I'll take what I can get.

Speaking of which, I'm almost starting to think I'd rather have covers than rerecords. At least covers (usually) try to fake being the original...some of these rerecords I've heard, especially lately, are kind of annoying.

Chimpster's sig is hypnotizing me.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Saw this a few days ago but slipped my mind - Gwar is on the way. At least Gor-Gor but probably more songs besides that. That likely means the rerecord that Guitar Hero got for Gor-Gor, which was disappointing to me. But I'll take what I can get.

Speaking of which, I'm almost starting to think I'd rather have covers than rerecords. At least covers (usually) try to fake being the original...some of these rerecords I've heard, especially lately, are kind of annoying.

Chimpster's sig is hypnotizing me.[/QUOTE]

Hot Fuzz. Good stuff.

bread's done
Back