Rock Revolution - Fall 08'

akilshohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (67%)
http://the-magicbox.com/0805/game080515c.shtml
Konami announced Rock Revolution for PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and Nintendo DS, a new rock music game in the Bemani series. The PS3 and Xbox 360 version will be released with a guitar peripheral and a more realistic looking drum kit designed by music professional, the game will have 40 tracks, with additional downloadable content via Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.
The game will have more variety of music and all songs will be the cover versions. The main game modes include Career, Online & Offline Versus, Co-op and Band Battle modes. There is also a Virtual Music Studio mode, which allows players to create and record their own songs.
They are doing too little too late. Plus all the songs are covers. Bleh!! Now if they could figure out a way to get dancing in the mix with the instruments, they might of been onto something.

The drum controller doesn't match up to whats on the screens. The screens are all of someone playing the drums because if you look at the middle its clearly a pedal button.

All covers suck but I still wouldn't mind picking up an extra disc if I like enough of the songs on it and I can use the instruments I already have.

Not buying another fucking drum set.

And only 40 songs and COVERS at that = not even going to rent it for the guitar portion (assuming any of my plastic guitars are even compatible with it).

Music studio mode is the only plus I see, but I believe Rock Band and maybe GH4 are trying that... but way better.

Oh Konami, why couldn't you just release the GuitarFreaks/DrumMania games in the US instead!

On a related note, I hope they don't mess with the GitaDora formula here in Japan! :shock:

[quote name='Gameboy415']Oh Konami, why couldn't you just release the GuitarFreaks/DrumMania games in the US instead!
[/QUOTE]
As much as I love those games they just won't sell. Look at how long it took for Beatmania to come stateside and the results were horrible. The tracklist wasn't great either.

I do hope that Harmonix brings some modifiers to the next RB though. Some speed/mirror/hidden etc would be nice for those of us who get bored even on expert, especially on songs that have minimal charts. I don't expect this to come to GH since their solution is to add notes that aren't there.

[quote name='akilshohen']http://the-magicbox.com/0805/game080515c.shtml

They are doing too little too late. Plus all the songs are covers. Bleh!! Now if they could figure out a way to get dancing in the mix with the instruments, they might of been onto something.[/QUOTE]That article says that the Wii version does not "support vocals." Whereas the Kotaku article was implying that none of the console versions would have vocals. Since the video trailer clearly had vocals, I guess Kotaku was in the wrong?

This market is getting to saturated for any new entry to have a chance due to the sheer cost of hardware and sheer ignorance of intentional incompatibility. Having to buy the same shit over and over because some buttfuck won't allow a simple patch to go out over XBL or PSN.

[quote name='BustaUppa']That article says that the Wii version does not "support vocals." Whereas the Kotaku article was implying that none of the console versions would have vocals. Since the video trailer clearly had vocals, I guess Kotaku was in the wrong?[/quote]
I didn't see the trailer, but they have a reason to not have vocals....Karaoke revolution would be killed if they did. It's not like Rock songs weren't in Karaoke either....
When will one of these games throw in some other genre's? I'm not a total rock fan, and would like if some funk was in the game like Harmonix mentioned before the Rock Band DLC was announced.
Wasn't the XB version of the Original Karaoke Revolution the first one to have the original songs? I'm wondering why is Konami still using covers.

ohhhh you know what? when I heard "vocals" I thought they meant that the songs wouldn't have vocal TRACKS. As in, they would all be instrumental versions. I wasn't even thinking about a microphone. Whoops. #-o

[quote name='akilshohen']I didn't see the trailer, but they have a reason to not have vocals....Karaoke revolution would be killed if they did. It's not like Rock songs weren't in Karaoke either....
When will one of these games throw in some other genre's? I'm not a total rock fan, and would like if some funk was in the game like Harmonix mentioned before the Rock Band DLC was announced.
Wasn't the XB version of the Original Karaoke Revolution the first one to have the original songs? I'm wondering why is Konami still using covers.[/QUOTE]ohhhh you know what? when I heard "vocals" I thought they meant that the songs wouldn't have vocal TRACKS. As in, they would all be instrumental versions. I wasn't even thinking about a microphone. Whoops. #-o

bread's done
Back