RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Bioshocked360']Usually the case has not for resale where the barcode is supposed to be.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I have the game included with RB1's special edition bundle right here, and it's got a regular bar code. It could still go either way, but that's a good sign that my idea (which is not fraud) could work.

[quote name='eastx']Hmm, I have the game included with RB1's special edition bundle right here, and it's got a regular bar code. It could still go either way, but that's a good sign that my idea (which is not fraud) could work.[/quote]
Ok, I was thinking about Guitar Hero III.

[quote name='eastx']One possible solution is buying the game by itself in September, keeping the receipt, and then buying the bundle in October. Remove the unopened game from the bundle and return it with your September receipt for a refund. That way you can play early but not miss out on the new instruments! Of course, it only works for people who already have an instrument of some sort.[/quote]

I guess I will do that... I just think it sucks... I wanna upgrade my instruments to the wireless... but i have to wait 5 weeks to have the game if I do?...

Not fan friendly to people who wanna give Harmonix some more cash by re-buying the set... which i am willing to do.

[quote name='DestroVega']
Not fan friendly to people who wanna give Harmonix some more cash by re-buying the set... which i am willing to do.[/QUOTE]

I'd tend to think you are in the minority and the number of people upgrading the entire set will be miniscule in the scope of things.

[quote name='Corvin']I'd tend to think you are in the minority and the number of people upgrading the entire set will be miniscule in the scope of things.[/quote]

fair enough...

[quote name='DestroVega']so it seems that the game only will be released September 14... while the game with the instruments won't be out until October 19th... the same day it comes out for the PS3...

that's a huge problem in my opinion.[/quote]
Link? That's good news if it's true, but I'm not seeing it on Kotaku, 1up, or anywhere else I usually check with a quick glance.

Why would it be good news?

Anyhow I haven't seen confirmation on any game sites, but Amazon.com has the Sept release date for the game only and the Special Edition in October.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Because I have Rock Band on PS3 and only having to wait a month for more RB isn't as bad as the early news on exclusivity made it out to be.[/quote]

Oh, I thought you meant good news that MS wasn't selling the bundle in Sept.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Link? That's good news if it's true, but I'm not seeing it on Kotaku, 1up, or anywhere else I usually check with a quick glance.[/quote]

I just looked at EBgames.com for when it comes out...

obviously that could change, but I doubt it.

Err August 1st has come and gone - I'm guessing the estimate for the Mad Catz equipment was just that...an estimate?

One thing about Rock Band 2 that I don't think they ever answered (unless someone can fill the gaps) is if you can transfer your old band from Rock Band 1 into Rock Band 2 using the same save file (so that way don't have to fight for my band name)? Also if possible to customize them with the Rock Band 2 accessories or if you can create more then one band in a profile?

Drat, I didn't think about character exporting. Keeping the same band would certainly fit in with their entire "music platform" idea, but I won't be surprised if I hear I have to remake Rocken Kyatt and his Phanto mask.

I've thought about that before. I really would like to take my current characters over to the second game. It's not that big of a deal if they don't though. I mean, it's not like we can't just recreate out characters.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I've thought about that before. I really would like to take my current characters over to the second game. It's not that big of a deal if they don't though. I mean, it's not like we can't just recreate out characters.[/quote]
Yeah, though it'd be nice and really my main concern is retaining my band name because goddamn it'll be a bitch if not able to get it.

[quote name='Corvin']It has been stated that you cannot carry over your band/characters. You will have to start from scratch in RB2.[/quote]

Ah, drat!

Well on another note, I DLed the song Hammerhead by Offspring last night and that song is crazy hard on drums! Then today I got B.Y.O.B. by System of a Down which is also hard as balls. I can't beat either of them, but in time...in time.:bouncy:

B.Y.O.B. isn't even that hard after playing it a few times. I haven't beat it yet, but only because of the bridge and outro. It's a rapid bass pedal with rolling red yellow alternates (if that makes sense), and hitting it is all about getting lucky and starting on beat, because once you lose it, you're done for!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alanis Morissette "You Oughta Know"

I just realized that was on the Rock Band 2 set list...some one kill me.

I am sorry and don't mean to offend, but I can't believe people actually like that whiny ass crap.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Alanis Morissette "You Oughta Know"

I just realized that was on the Rock Band 2 set list...some one kill me.

I am sorry and don't mean to offend, but I can't believe people actually like that whiny ass crap.[/quote]

Rock Band adds 4 points to every song on the 10 point scale. So if a song is a zero to you, it's a 4 in Rock Band and still sort of fun to play. FACT.

[quote name='javeryh']Rock Band adds 4 points to every song on the 10 point scale. So if a song is a zero to you, it's a 4 in Rock Band and still sort of fun to play. FACT.[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote name='javeryh']Rock Band adds 4 points to every song on the 10 point scale. So if a song is a zero to you, it's a 4 in Rock Band and still sort of fun to play. FACT.[/quote]

Unless it is hard, then it is way worse. My wife and I gave up on completing the world tour because there are a couple of harder songs that we don't like. They all show up in 10-20 song set lists. I'm not going to do a 18 song set on medium just because of one song and there are some songs I can't listen to more than once.

How come there hasn't been a bigger uproar over the fact that you can buy the game, guitar seperately, drums seperately, and mic seperately on Sep 14th but can't buy the Special Edition until Oct. 19th?... makes no sense.

[quote name='DestroVega']How come there hasn't been a bigger uproar over the fact that you can buy the game, guitar seperately, drums seperately, and mic seperately on Sep 14th but can't buy the Special Edition until Oct. 19th?... makes no sense.[/quote]

Wait, I have been trying to confirm that the new RB2 Drums (not the Premium, just the regular new ones) will be available on Sept. 14th. If that is the case, I may go trade in my RB1 drums to GS now and buy the new ones on Sept. 14th with the game. Mine don't have any issues, but I'd rather pick up the newer set.

Where was it stated that they will be available Sept. 14th? I've only seen the game for that day.

I'm glad I watched the video for BYOB. I love the song, but fuck if I'll ever be able to beat that.

Saved me some points.

I can agree that the song will be more tolerable in the setting that is Rock Band.

I started to hate her because a commercial where she sings a small part of the song acoustically, I think it's on VH1. At first I just didn't like the song, then that commercial happened.

[quote name='jkanownik']Unless it is hard, then it is way worse. My wife and I gave up on completing the world tour because there are a couple of harder songs that we don't like. They all show up in 10-20 song set lists. I'm not going to do a 18 song set on medium just because of one song and there are some songs I can't listen to more than once.[/quote]

After playing through Rock Band I can agree with this. I ahve gone through each city with my friend, and with only having two 13 song sets left, I can say that Enter Sandman, Wanted Dead or Alive, Highway Star, Won't Get Fooled Again, and Flirtin' With Disaster all show up incredibly often. With Green Grass and Hightides Forever and Run to the hills to getting honorable mentions.

I's becasue of these select few songs that I have no interest in paying my 5 bucks or whatever to get all the RB1 songs playable on RB2.

[quote name='DestroVega']How come there hasn't been a bigger uproar over the fact that you can buy the game, guitar separately, drums separately, and mic separately on Sep. 14th but can't buy the Special Edition until Oct. 19th?... makes no sense.[/quote]

Are we for certain that this is how it is? I for one am only interested in the disc. I have drums, and if anything I', just going to upgrade to the ion kit. I have guitars and I dislike the RB guitars, so all is good.

I think most of the people partaking in the Rock band threads are all established players and in turn don't need to get, or want to pay for, a whole new instrument set. So it's not a big deal for the lot of us.

Perhaps they feel it'll be more successful this way. I think more people wold be pissed if there was only a special edition available.

[quote name='Lokki']Wait, I have been trying to confirm that the new RB2 Drums (not the Premium, just the regular new ones) will be available on Sept. 14th. If that is the case, I may go trade in my RB1 drums to GS now and buy the new ones on Sept. 14th with the game. Mine don't have any issues, but I'd rather pick up the newer set.

Where was it stated that they will be available Sept. 14th? I've only seen the game for that day.[/quote]

those are the dates acording to amazon... the game and all the seperate pieces sep. 14th... special edition oct 19th

and yeah, if the whoile bundle was available first, peoplewould be more pissed.. but why not all at once? i thought at first the instruments just weren't ready

I just heard Bad Religion's "Sorrow" on Sirius and I am going to be really upset if that doesn't show up in the remaining unannounced songs that will be available on the disc. Especially after it was teased a while back. Then again if it comes out later in a BR pack I'm all for that!

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']
After playing through Rock Band I can agree with this. I ahve gone through each city with my friend, and with only having two 13 song sets left, I can say that Enter Sandman, Wanted Dead or Alive, Highway Star, Won't Get Fooled Again, and Flirtin' With Disaster all show up incredibly often. With Green Grass and Hightides Forever and Run to the hills to getting honorable mentions.

I's becasue of these select few songs that I have no interest in paying my 5 bucks or whatever to get all the RB1 songs playable on RB2.[/QUOTE]

Personally those are some of my favorites, but just so you don't get your panties in a bunch, there is going to be a way to avoid songs in RB2. In essence, checking the ones you don't like so you don't have to play them or have them show up in random sets.

[quote name='Lokki']Wait, I have been trying to confirm that the new RB2 Drums (not the Premium, just the regular new ones) will be available on Sept. 14th. If that is the case, I may go trade in my RB1 drums to GS now and buy the new ones on Sept. 14th with the game. Mine don't have any issues, but I'd rather pick up the newer set.

Where was it stated that they will be available Sept. 14th? I've only seen the game for that day.[/quote]

just FYI, Gamestop will not accept RB Drums as trade, they only accept the guitar. I just asked 3 days ago

I know Guitar Hero 4 will accommodate RB drums, but has anything officially been said about GHIV drums working in RB2? I know it's kind of ASSUMED that they will work, given the compatibility situation with RB1, but I was wondering if it had been definitively confirmed at some point and I just missed it. I've held off on buying a drumset so far, and I figure the GHIV kit is the obvious choice if it works with all the games.

[quote name='REL1203']just FYI, Gamestop will not accept RB Drums as trade, they only accept the guitar. I just asked 3 days ago[/quote]

hrmm.. that sucks. I swear I saw someone trading a set in a couple of weeks ago. I would not doubt it if they don't take them though.

Ok, after some google searching, I see that you are correct. Gamestop has never taken the drums as trade-ins. That sucks.

They only lean the used guitars against the wall, I can't imagine the sort of blockages they'd get from even a couple drum sets on the floor, let alone the flood they'd get of people trading in for the better models later this year. Just further proof of the expanding band genre being the bane of the game store's existence.

[quote name='Corvin']Hammerhead turned out to be a great tune. The album is probably their best since Americana(1998), IMO.[/QUOTE]

The problem is Hammerhead's easily the best song on the album... Err, what I mean is, only about half of the songs on Rise And Fall actually rock. There are some serious duds on there. But still, the CD was only $10 from Amazon...

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I just heard Bad Religion's "Sorrow" on Sirius and I am going to be really upset if that doesn't show up in the remaining unannounced songs that will be available on the disc. Especially after it was teased a while back. Then again if it comes out later in a BR pack I'm all for that![/QUOTE]

Glad you like that song - the album it's from is one of their best. Maybe we'll get 3 Bad Religion songs to download? Probably just Sorrow, but I'd love more. I don't know why Rock Band has so little punk music.

[quote name='eastx']The problem is Hammerhead's easily the best song on the album... Err, what I mean is, only about half of the songs on Rise And Fall actually rock. There are some serious duds on there. But still, the CD was only $10 from Amazon...[/QUOTE]

I'd say second to You're Gonna Go Far (kid). Also love Stuff is Messed Up, Nothingtown & Half-Truism.

[quote name='Corvin']I'd say second to You're Gonna Go Far (kid). Also love Stuff is Messed Up, Nothingtown & Half-Truism.[/quote]

I checked out the songs you listed and bought Kid You're Gonna Go Far and Half-Truism off iTunes. Pretty good songs, the rest, like the other guy said, really were meh.

...Am I blind, or are there no achievements for beating the Drum/Vocal/Guitar career on Easy/Medium/Hard/Expert?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back