RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is a question what bands or songs are you guys surprised we haven't seen in the game yet? Personally I have been waiting for Bohemian Rhapsody forever and dont understand why it isnt in any music game yet. Its freaking epic and would be the ultimate party song. As for bands I am suprised by, I am shocked we havnt seen any Sum 41 yet. The bands pretty popular(but not so popular that it would cost them insane bucks), the guys are gamers and their stuff would fit into the game well.

Lamb of God as an original is fucking awesome! So bummed that it was a cover in GHII (or was it 3?)

Jesus Christ Pose is one of my favorite Soundgarden songs, too. That, and "Drawing Flies".

Does Rock Band do all master tracks now or are there still some covers? If Jesus Christ Pose is a cover version it'll probably be awful like the Dillinger Escape Plan version. I have little confidence in any band to cover such a complex song.

[quote name='NTolerance']Does Rock Band do all master tracks now or are there still some covers? If Jesus Christ Pose is a cover version it'll probably be awful like the Dillinger Escape Plan version. I have little confidence in any band to cover such a complex song.[/QUOTE]from RB2 onward it's all original versions... or if not "original" in the truest sense it is at least an alternate (The Trees) or newly recorded (Ace Of Spades) version by the original artists.

So only RB1 (and I think some RB1-era DLC) had cover versions. Soundgarden will definitely be legit material.

In for Lamb of God. I'm not a huge Soundgarden fan, but if I like those songs, I'll buy them too.

Never heard of Yngwie Malmsteen before, and also in for atleast Mr. Brightside. Somehow, I used to hate The Killers with a passion, and then I played When You Were Young. My outlook has changed since.

[quote name='MSI Magus']So here is a question what bands or songs are you guys surprised we haven't seen in the game yet? Personally I have been waiting for Bohemian Rhapsody forever and dont understand why it isnt in any music game yet. Its freaking epic and would be the ultimate party song...[/quote]

Isn't Bohemian Rhapsody mostly piano and vocals? I don't see how that would fit well. I'd fall asleep on guitar/bass/brums before the headbangin' part came in.

[quote name='MSI Magus']So here is a question what bands or songs are you guys surprised we haven't seen in the game yet? Personally I have been waiting for Bohemian Rhapsody forever and dont understand why it isnt in any music game yet. Its freaking epic and would be the ultimate party song. As for bands I am suprised by, I am shocked we havnt seen any Sum 41 yet. The bands pretty popular(but not so popular that it would cost them insane bucks), the guys are gamers and their stuff would fit into the game well.[/QUOTE]

I believe that Sum 41's "Fat Lip" was in Guitar Hero 1, so their material could make a comeback for Rock Band. Given Harmonix's dlc track record, I'm surprised that we haven't seen anything by The Smiths yet. Maybe I should go suggest The Smiths on the rock band forums....I suggested that Pearl Jam's "Alive" and Soundgarden's "Spoonman" should be dlc tracks on the forums and then they appeared on the 2nd game's tracklist :)

[quote name='thegamer4787']I believe that Sum 41's "Fat Lip" was in Guitar Hero 1, so their material could make a comeback for Rock Band. Given Harmonix's dlc track record, I'm surprised that we haven't seen anything by The Smiths yet. Maybe I should go suggest The Smiths on the rock band forums....I suggested that Pearl Jam's "Alive" and Soundgarden's "Spoonman" should be dlc tracks on the forums and then they appeared on the 2nd game's tracklist :)[/QUOTE]
I think the fact that the band doesn't get along anymore would make Smiths licensing difficult, but suggest away - we need all the help we can get.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I am shocked we havnt seen any Sum 41 yet. The bands pretty popular(but not so popular that it would cost them insane bucks), the guys are gamers and their stuff would fit into the game well.[/QUOTE]

I fully agree. Sum 41 is like a less popular version of Blink 182. Guys and girls would both have fun singing the lyrics, so their songs would be a great fit for this type of game.

Sorry if I missed this, but has anyone measured the decrease in loading times after installing the game to the HDD using the New Xbox Experience? I caught a YouTube video and it looks like the startup load is greatly decreased.

So glad I blind-bought California Uber Alles. Didn't know it by name, but I loved the song in Tony Hawk's Skatesville, or whatever the game was called.

[quote name='pete5883']So glad I blind-bought California Uber Alles. Didn't know it by name, but I loved the song in Tony Hawk's Skatesville, or whatever the game was called.[/QUOTE]

Get the other two DK tracks if you liked it. Fun stuff.

[quote name='bardockkun']A Little over 150MB.[/QUOTE]

This is incorrect. They take up a little over half a gig, about 512 MB. All the songs suck ass; I just deleted them yesterday. It makes playing the game with other people a pain in the ass, as you have to scroll through tons of shit to get to the real songs.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']This is incorrect. They take up a little over half a gig, about 512 MB. All the songs suck ass; I just deleted them yesterday. It makes playing the game with other people a pain in the ass, as you have to scroll through tons of shit to get to the real songs.[/quote]

You must be incredibly hard to please if you didn't like any of the songs in that pack.

Also, the 20 song pack takes up like 1.5 gigs. So if you deleted something that was 512mb you didn't delete the bonus pack.

The RB1 songs are 1.5 gigs, the bonus pack is half of one. About 3 gigabytes of my hard drive are currently occupied by Rock Band stuff, which would bother me if it wasn't pretty much the only game I play for it.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']You must be incredibly hard to please if you didn't like any of the songs in that pack.

Also, the 20 song pack takes up like 1.5 gigs. So if you deleted something that was 512mb you didn't delete the bonus pack.[/QUOTE]

No, the previous poster is correct, the 20 free bonus songs is about .5 GB.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']You must be incredibly hard to please if you didn't like any of the songs in that pack.

Also, the 20 song pack takes up like 1.5 gigs. So if you deleted something that was 512mb you didn't delete the bonus pack.[/quote]

You know what. I am getting sick of this. How is it so hard to believe that a person can not like 20 songs?

Just because they are free doesnt mean a person has to instantly fall in love with them and the bands. If you like them great...but why can we not be free to dislike them without the the remarks?

The song are a complete waste of space in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kyattsuai']The RB1 songs are 1.5 gigs, the bonus pack is half of one. About 3 gigabytes of my hard drive are currently occupied by Rock Band stuff, which would bother me if it wasn't pretty much the only game I play for it.[/quote]

Ah! Yeah, I confused the two. My bad.

I'm just under 6gb as far as all my RB stuff goes. Which, like you, doesn't bother me because I play all the time! As far as gaming goes RB has been the most worth while investment ever for me.

[quote name='Soodmeg']You know what. I am getting sick of this. How is it so hard to believe that a person can not like 20 songs?

Just because they are free doesnt mean a person has to instantly fall in love with them and the bands. If you like them great...but why can we not be free to dislike them without the the remarks?

The song are a complete waste of space in my opinion.[/quote]

I didn't mention anything about them being free. Just that he must be hard to please.

The songs cover a pretty wide variety of sounds, and to be unable to find at least one song that you like leads to that assuming that you are picky and hard to please. That is my opinion.

It's not like I called him out as if he assaulted a member of my family.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Ah! Yeah, I confused the two. My bad.

I'm just under 6gb as far as all my RB stuff goes. Which, like you, doesn't bother me because I play all the time! As far as gaming goes RB has been the most worth while investment ever for me.

I didn't mention anything about them being free. Just that he must be hard to please.

The songs cover a pretty wide variety of sounds, and to be unable to find at least one song that you like leads to that assuming that you are picky and hard to please. That is my opinion.

It's not like I called him out as if he assaulted a member of my family.[/quote]

Didnt say you did all I am saying is why is it so hard to believe that someone can dislike all 20 songs.

I am pretty sure I can name a wide selection of 20 rap songs and have 90% of all CAG hate every one of them.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Didnt say you did all I am saying is why is it so hard to believe that someone can dislike all 20 songs.

I am pretty sure I can name a wide selection of 20 rap songs and have 90% of all CAG hate every one of them.[/QUOTE]

He didn't say *all* 20 songs, he said *any* of the 20 songs. I doubt ANYONE here liked all 20.

Except these songs are not all one genre.

I love the songs, they're great for free. I can't see how people can bitch about 'em.

Excited for The Killers. :x

[quote name='Soodmeg']Didnt say you did all I am saying is why is it so hard to believe that someone can dislike all 20 songs.[/quote]
it's not hard to believe if you're in the 99.9% of the people that only play guitar and sing vocals, but if you play drums and didn't have fun playing "I Wanna Be Your Man" than i suggest that you hang up the sticks...

in the end though, everyone's entitled to their opinion, and to each their own...

Did you have other people play on those challenges with you that were below expert? That'll keep you from getting it.

Anyone pick up the cymbal add ons? I saw them today. I still am on the RB1 drumset, but may consider upgrading. I'd like all the nice new stuff before all the holidays parties begin.

I created a band (The RichMeisterMan Experience) to feature just the characters I created, so I make my quote "Jesus loves him best!" which is apparently not classy, wtf?

One of my bands, The Fleshlight Experience did not get it's quote called unclassy. The quote is "visit www.fleshlight.com".

Another band I have, The Handsome and their quote "rubbing one out" was apparently unclassy.

[quote name='Kyattsuai']Did you have other people play on those challenges with you that were below expert? That'll keep you from getting it.[/quote]

Nope - I played all of them solo on Expert. There are 6 challenges right now with the "X" above the challenge and one little man icon lit up and I haven't gotten the achievement. Boo!

[quote name='CouRageouS']One of my bands, The Fleshlight Experience did not get it's quote called unclassy. The quote is "visit www.fleshlight.com".

Another band I have, The Handsome and their quote "rubbing one out" was apparently unclassy.[/quote]

I recall seeing the fleshligh band on the leader boards. You have a full band you play with, or do you just play by yourself for the most part?

Christmas through New Years would be an awesome week for some sort of discount. Lots of parties where RB will be being played and people might be looking for new songs.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Anyone else thinking/hoping that we will see a discount on alot of songs for Christmas?[/QUOTE]

I hope we get a holiday-themed free download, like GH3 on July 4th. I said it before and I'll say it again... Carol of the Bells/Christmas Eve Sarajevo by Trans Siberian Orchestra would be so sweet!

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I recall seeing the fleshligh band on the leader boards. You have a full band you play with, or do you just play by yourself for the most part?[/QUOTE]

I would imagine that the Fleshlight Band would be solo act. Am I right? :)

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I recall seeing the fleshligh band on the leader boards. You have a full band you play with, or do you just play by yourself for the most part?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I would imagine that the Fleshlight Band would be solo act. Am I right? :)[/QUOTE]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

There must be another Fleshlight named band, because I literally only used that band for one day when me and my friend thought of that name. The only band of mine that would show up on leaderboards would be the Exits.

No other Fleshlight band will have a logo as great as the one I made though.
0920081329.jpg

[quote name='MSI Magus']Anyone else thinking/hoping that we will see a discount on alot of songs for Christmas?[/quote]
Last year for the holiday season they put out those All American Rejects, 30 Seconds to Mars and (as made famous by) The Sounds songs for 80 points or so each to celebrate Christmas. Though back then it was out of the norm for that price, so I don't know, but wouldn't be surprised if they release some new songs for 80 points again.

Soundgarden is up on the Marketplace, but it gives an error while trying to download. It's also up on Xbox.com, but only Jesus Christ Pose worked for me. I'm still trying Pretty Noose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back