Rocko's Modern Life FINALLY coming to DVD - "Best Of" Volumes

$26 for a best of dvd that only spans 70 mins............ And why 2 discs? 70 mins in a 2 disc set. i'm dissapointed.

:(

thats like only 7 or 8 episodes per volume since the episodes were roughly 10 minutes in length

If they were like $10 I'd buy em. Thats pretty pricey for so little.

better than nothing.

they should put out doug, the original rugrats and salute your shorts as well

"Best Of"'s are always annoying. I don't mind them exactly, but they should have came out with seasons first THEN try to cash in on "Best Of". /2 cents

Lame. I loved this show when growing up.

BTW, saw Hey Arnold Season 1 and 2. Apparently it's amazon exclusive, never knew that. It's really expensive though, and they burn it for you on demand? wth?

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']Lame. I loved this show when growing up.

BTW, saw Hey Arnold Season 1 and 2. Apparently it's amazon exclusive, never knew that. It's really expensive though, and they burn it for you on demand? wth?[/QUOTE]

...:lol: You really can't figure that out?

Well, that's disappointing. I was really excited when I first saw this thread, but not anymore. I'd only pick these up if there are $15 or less.

Man, I loved Rocko's Modern Life when I was a kid!

Info on the sets

-Amazon Exclusive
-Made to order (Aka, company gets order, rips menu and some eps to a DVD+/-R, mails to you

The runtime is probably wrong, as they list a season set for a TV show that costs $40 for about 2 Hours. However, it's believed that the sets follow the episode list set on iTunes, so this set might only have 6 eps (I doubt that though).

If they werent posting the actual runtime of the sets and just some number dont you think they would have posted 70 mins for both?

1 has a runtime of 70 while the other is 71.

I'm like 95% sure those are the actual runtimes.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']If they werent posting the actual runtime of the sets and just some number dont you think they would have posted 70 mins for both?

1 has a runtime of 70 while the other is 71.

I'm like 95% sure those are the actual runtimes.[/quote]
They posted 121 mins for a 4 disc set that's suppossed to be the complete 2nd season of something like that

[quote name='Poor2More']WTF is made to order? items are DVD-R's......why is Amazon doing this, If I wanted DVD-R I would rip my own season for FREE[/quote]
Because there isn't enough demand for them..

That's probably how a lot of TV Shows will be released from now on prolly, especially kids shows

Best of....yea im out in hopes that there will be a season set coming out soon in the future. But i am tempted to spend $161.25 on Doug season 1 and 2 and Hey Arnold season 1 and 2.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']$26 for a best of dvd that only spans 70 mins............ And why 2 discs? 70 mins in a 2 disc set. i'm dissapointed.

:(

thats like only 7 or 8 episodes per volume since the episodes were roughly 10 minutes in length

If they were like $10 I'd buy em. Thats pretty pricey for so little.[/QUOTE]

Also very disappointed. I was lucky enough to grab most of the episodes from NickToons when they aired them, so unless there's a pretty boxed set with tons of extras there is no reason to buy a silly best of volume (which is made for kids and not collectors/older fans anyways)

UPDATE: I find it VERY odd that the shows with "Best Ofs" are also the shows that Nick on ANY of their networks DOES NOT air the entire run of episodes. Rocko, Ned's Declassified, etc. are all missing episodes in re-runs for one reason or another. That might also explain the reasoning behind no complete set.

"Bad luck and misfortune will infest your pathetic soul for all eternity."

-Filbert's fortune cookie (actually, every one that he opened)

I'm Mr. Lucky!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Amazon is crazy if they think I'm going to pay 24 bucks for their legal bootlegs. Nickelodeon can do a proper release.[/quote]
This is Nick's proper release. Viacom allows the company that makes the DVD-R's to sell their series, and since the comapny is partnered/owned by Amazon, there's 3 parties to make some money. And since the sets aren't mass produced, it's more expensive to make. That's why they are so highly priced..

They're also doing this for Comedy Central Stand Ups (1/2 Hour ones), which I think are 6 for $20, which is a ripoff

[quote name='LinkinPrime']"Best of"!? I'm out![/quote]

QFT. I hate crap like this. I'd rather have all or nothing.

[quote name='JolietJake']If i want a series burned onto DVD-Rs, i'll do it myself.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, all they need now is a guy to sell it out the back of his car

Both the Rocko's Modern Life Best of, and The complete First season of DOUG are already available on itunes. (some others that are there also are hey arnold, ahhh real monsters, and hey dude). It's not a dvd but to have them now it's worth it.

Cripes. Best Of?! I never buy those in regards to TV series. When will they ever learn that people would prefer to buy season sets? Who the hell is Nickelodeon to determine which episodes were the "best" anyway? I loved every episode of Rocko but won't be supporting this at all.

Now Doug, that's a tempting buy.

bread's done
Back