Rockstar games is so pathetic.

Soodmeg

CAGiversary!
My god, for a company that makes all of its money soley from 1 non-orignal idea they sure know how to lay all their cards on the table. Since i have no faith in our american goverment being rational about this sitution I would assume they are going to eventually do something stupid ass hell. Something so stupid that it chages games forver. I am 20 so i guess that you need to be 18 instead of 17 rule does not effect me as much, (who thought of that crap god damn our goverment is stupid) but what the hell is up with Rockstar?

So this is what is has come down to? Trying to push the envelope with sex scenes? Do i mind that they are in there? Not really, but the fact that rockstar only put it in their to attract attention to themselfs reminds be of a little brother throwing a pissy tantrum because no one will play/talk to him. At least now i know what they were doing instead of developing missions that were not the exact same as the other 2 mediocre games that they pushed out. The fucking game isnt even that good, it only gets attention because the goverment keeps trying to ban it thus making 1 million 13-15 year old kids want it.

This just seems like one of those, "One person ruined it for all of us," type deals. I will just sit back and wait for one of the 68 year old white guys to convince half of voters that its the video games that make me want to kill people and not the news showing gunfights and murders on tv everyday.

God damn I hate rockstar.

No offense, but you've been a pretty useless user so far, so
79c73a9f.jpg

[quote name='Soodmeg']I am 20 so i guess that you need to be 18 instead of 17 rule does not effect me as much, (who thought of that crap god damn our goverment is stupid) but what the hell is up with Rockstar?[/QUOTE]

I didn't get past the part where you were too stupid to realize that the US government has nothing to do with the ESRB. Stupidity in the government and stupidity of the ESRB's rating system are completely separate issues.

Also, next time that you decide to give an argument, try to have a point. It makes it so much more enjoyable for the other readers.

I don't think Rockstar needs publicity considering the fact that every single Grand Theft Auto game sells MILLIONS of copies. You would have a valid point if Rockstar was a small company that actually needed the publicity. Rockstar could publish the worst game ever, and people would still buy it. Regarding the GTA re-rating, it got changed over a mod. If nobody had found out about this mod then only the original programmer would have known about the hidden scene. If you want to blame anyone, blame the programmer who did it, or the politicians that claim this game is so bad for "children", or the American sheeples who bought into the bullshit.

I think there should be an IQ checker mandatory on all keyboards that stops stupid people from typing. Or maybe a "moron check" feature in addition to the common "spell check" that would automatically make otherwise retarded jibberish into coherent thought.

Any monkey with a keyboard, indeed.... :roll:

the GTA games are pretty deep and fun, actually...some people just like to hate games just to be "different" and a "rebel"...most people should probably get enjoyment out of GTA games in one way or another

I think Soodmeg's got a point. Hot Coffee smells like a publicity stunt. Sure, Rockstar sells X million copies of the game anyways, but they'd rather sell X+1 million copies. And now, thanks to their stupid action, the whole industry will change due to stronger censorship and controls.

[quote name='alongx']I didn't get past the part where you were too stupid to realize that the US government has nothing to do with the ESRB. Stupidity in the government and stupidity of the ESRB's rating system are completely separate issues.[/quote]

Sorry, I couldn't get past the part with you talking out of your ass. Clearly, Rockstar can see what is coming and rather then face the government they decided to pull it and reissue the game without more government attention. Here's some bathroom reading for you, while you pull your foot out of your mouth.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/13/news_6129021.html

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=10137

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24613

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/techpolicy/2005-03-17-illinois-game-ban_x.htm

http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101,67677,00.html

[quote name='swetooth9']the GTA games are pretty deep and fun, actually...some people just like to hate games just to be "different" and a "rebel"...most people should probably get enjoyment out of GTA games in one way or another[/QUOTE]

Although I can see where you are coming from with the comment about people hating games simply to hate the popular choice. However, I've said this many times before.. I simply cannot stand GTA. While interesting as a "tech-demo" it fails miserably in the gameplay category IMO.

When GTA 3 came out, I was very interested, I had great times for an hour or two playing around in the sandbox.. however when it came time to do the missions and play the "game" I grew terribly bored and put it away probably 50% through the game. When Vice City came out, I again jumped out and got it.. I had fun playing around for maybe 45 minute to an hour this time.. and when I started the missions I probably finished a dozen or so before putting it away out of boredom. When I heard San Andreas was basically more of the same.. I didn't even bother.

GTA is just not "fun" IMO.

Soooooo, let me sort this out. I have been a useless user becuase of what now? Because i didnt respond to the "How do you pee/ How do you take a shit" topics in the off topic section? You also said i have been a useless user so far, which would mean you have read most of my post, WHY THE fuck do you keep reading them if i am sooooo useless?

Another thing, last time i check hilary clinton was part of the U.S. Goverment.....which would mean her invovlement in this issue makes it a goverment issue. You fucking dolt.

Thank you monkey for not being a god damn idiot like this other fuckers.

In conculsion, if you dont like me suck a dick sideways, but dont say i am useless/an idiot because you are to stupid to: A) not read my post B) know that the government is involved in this issue.

In fact why the hell do you people keep bashing me? Explain to me what wrong i have done to insure that you monkeys continue you bash me for everything i say. If you want i will go make 34 OTT about taking a shit at work or how my got my penis stuck in my zipper.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Although I can see where you are coming from with the comment about people hating games simply to hate the popular choice. However, I've said this many times before.. I simply cannot stand GTA. While interesting as a "tech-demo" it fails miserably in the gameplay category IMO.

When GTA 3 came out, I was very interested, I had great times for an hour or two playing around in the sandbox.. however when it came time to do the missions and play the "game" I grew terribly bored and put it away probably 50% through the game. When Vice City came out, I again jumped out and got it.. I had fun playing around for maybe 45 minute to an hour this time.. and when I started the missions I probably finished a dozen or so before putting it away out of boredom. When I heard San Andreas was basically more of the same.. I didn't even bother.

GTA is just not "fun" IMO.[/QUOTE]

Well at least you threw an "IMO" and some actual reasons why you don't like the GTA series in your post. I can't stand RTS games. I have played several and realized that they just aren't fun for me. I'm not going to bash RTS games or people that play them since everyone has their preference.

[quote name='lebowsky']Well at least you threw an "IMO" and some actual reasons why you don't like the GTA series in your post. I can't stand RTS games. I have played several and realized that they just aren't fun for me. I'm not going to bash RTS games or people that play them since everyone has their preference.[/QUOTE]

not to go off topic, but i feel the same way as you about RTS games...too much micromanagement to be fun...

[quote name='Soodmeg'] Another thing, last time i check hilary clinton was part of the U.S. Goverment.....which would mean her invovlement in this issue makes it a goverment issue. You fucking dolt.[/QUOTE]

I think the government portion of your rant that was being questioned was this part of your original quote (which alongx already quoted and responded to):

[quote name='Soodmeg']I am 20 so i guess that you need to be 18 instead of 17 rule does not effect me as much, (who thought of that crap god damn our goverment is stupid)[/QUOTE]

As was already stated, the ESRB is not a government agency. It is completely voluntary (just like the MPAA).

[quote name='Soodmeg']If you want i will go make 34 OTT about taking a shit at work or how my got my penis stuck in my zipper.[/QUOTE]

You got your penis stuck in your zipper?
That's hilarious. You should start a poll.
What are we talking about?

Honestly, they should have never put the code for "hot coffee" in the first place. It really doesn't belong in a video game, even as some easter egg.

[quote name='morilla']Honestly, they should have never put the code for "hot coffee" in the first place. It really doesn't belong in a video game, even as some easter egg.[/QUOTE]

Why not?

Not to be flip, but I would really like to know why some aspect of life can be deemed appropriate for videogaming and another not. Who is to decide where those lines should be drawn?

I've been gaming since the mid- to late-seventies and have seen my share of sex-based and violence-based games, and while some games have turned my stomach to the point where I would never want to play them again, and would wonder as to the sanity of someone who did enjoy them, I have never thought that a subject should be verboten.

[quote name='morilla']Honestly, they should have never put the code for "hot coffee" in the first place. It really doesn't belong in a video game, even as some easter egg.[/QUOTE]

Who decides that? You? Should Playboy: The Mansion, Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude, or Singles: Flirt Up Your Life be allowed? All of those games feature sex that is as graphic as what is in Hot Coffee. All of those games, besides LSL uncut also received an M rating.

Why the double-standard?

[quote name='lebowsky']I think the government portion of your rant that was being questioned was this part of your original quote (which alongx already quoted and responded to):

As was already stated, the ESRB is not a government agency. It is completely voluntary (just like the MPAA).[/QUOTE]

That is correct. The quote was referring to the difference between the M rating and the AO rating. And then the guy said that the government was stupid for making it this way. The point is that the ESRB is an independant agency. Clinton, Lieberman nor your Uncle Moron (you were named after him, correct?) Have nothing to do with the issue. And it truly is annoying to hear you ramble on and on, all the while not making any sense and slaughtering the English language at the same time. And your vulgarity level just accentuates your obvious IQ (or lack thereof) as well. It is apparent from your posts that your avatar is an exact replica of you on a very regular basis. You seem to be a very angry little man who has to spout obscenities about everything that happens, good or bad.

And to make this all even worse, this isn't even "General Gaming & Industry News." It has no point. It has no source of information to discuss (even if it did, this would only be about the millionth repost). All it is is a mind-numbingly aimless rant of complaining. If anything, it needs to be in the OT (or the Vs. Forum, if you wish).

[quote name='Fanboy']Why not?

Not to be flip, but I would really like to know why some aspect of life can be deemed appropriate for videogaming and another not. Who is to decide where those lines should be drawn?

I've been gaming since the mid- to late-seventies and have seen my share of sex-based and violence-based games, and while some games have turned my stomach to the point where I would never want to play them again, and would wonder as to the sanity of someone who did enjoy them, I have never thought that a subject should be verboten.[/QUOTE]

I agree with what your saying but only if it is within the context of the games plot. Now in a dating sim for example or even The Sims the fact that they have sex in it doesnt bother most people. Why, because in a sex is part of life and the games plot is to live a full life. GTA: SA has nothing to do with is what so ever, so why put that in there?

Also for Rockstar Games to put it in there is sheer stupidity. They know anything they do will put them in the crosshairs of the goverment, and not only them but the entire gaming culture. For them to put something as random as that in GTA is mind boggling. They act as if this will not effect the entire world of gaming, they are fully aware that the goverment will use soley their game to back their agruements about video game violence, so why would you give them extra ammo?

Now this might be going out on a limb but hasnt the media attention of GTA: SA kinda died down within the last couple of months. I havent heard a thing about Rockstar or GTA in a while, now all of a sudden this mod pops up and they are back in the news and all over papers again. I really do think (and i could be wrong) that they wanted this to happen at some time. All this will do is boost their sales, and for a company that is based solely of 1 type of game, hype is the key to surviving.

Every game rockstar makes is going to be a GTA clone, that cant make/or dont want to make any other types of games. So if people stop caring about GTA then rockstar is dead.

Fanboy:

Amen. People seem to forget the sex games on the Atari and on the NES. That is because the more they talk about how bad they are, the more the general public wants to see first hand what all the fuss is about.

FYI: Singles was rated AO, not M. Which is why you never see it on the shelf. That and it sucked, apparently.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
Every game rockstar makes is going to be a GTA clone, that cant make/or dont want to make any other types of games. So if people stop caring about GTA then rockstar is dead.[/QUOTE]

Wow you're an idiot.

Midnight Club 3 is damn good, and is very possibly one of the best racers in the genre.

Red Dead Revolver was a decent game.

Manhunt was an ok stealth / psychological thriller.

Bully looks to be an interesting parody type game.

The Warriors looks to make the brawler genre mean something again.

With all the discussion about the Sims, Playboy, whatever.. there is a difference when you are actually controlling the sex in the game (ala "hot coffee"). That crosses a line that pixelated covered sex scenes do not.

Not trying to defend either viewpoint, because frankly.. I don't care. Its just a comment.

Jesus Christ,

Look at the sales of red dead revolver..............................................
ahhhhhh fuck it.

though bully does seem like an interesting but strange title.

"Ending Life"

[quote name='Soodmeg']Jesus Christ,

Look at the sales of red dead revolver..............................................
ahhhhhh fuck it.
"[/QUOTE]

I did.. it sold well enough to become a Greatest Hit.

[quote name='Fanboy']Why not?

I've been gaming since the mid- to late-seventies and have seen my share of sex-based and violence-based games, and while some games have turned my stomach to the point where I would never want to play them again, and would wonder as to the sanity of someone who did enjoy them, I have never thought that a subject should be verboten.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you whole heartedly, however, if a game does not meet the standard for an M rated game (as backwards as those standards may be), it can not be released as such. As bad as the ESRB has sucked it has probably helped keep some of these games from being banned from retail, just by saying, "Hey look, we are saying these games aren't for kids right on the cover." I agree it is Rockstar's right to include whatever content it wants in a game, but if it wants the game to be rated by the ESRB it must comply with the standards for an M rated game, if it doesn't it needs to be rated AO.

In an unrelated note, I think that hiding behind the "it's not accessible if playing the game normally" defense doesn't and shouldn't work. If this is the case what is to stop companies from putting M or AO content into a T or E game on purpose knowing that any user with an Action Replay will be able to access the content. They would increase their marketshare while still including the "inappropriate" content.

[quote name='zzl365']I agree with you whole heartedly, however, if a game does not meet the standard for an M rated game (as backwards as those standards may be), it can not be released as such. As bad as the ESRB has sucked it has probably helped keep some of these games from being banned from retail, just by saying, "Hey look, we are saying these games aren't for kids right on the cover." I agree it is Rockstar's right to include whatever content it wants in a game, but if it wants the game to be rated by the ESRB it must comply with the standards for an M rated game, if it doesn't it needs to be rated AO.

In an unrelated note, I think that hiding behind the "it's not accessible if playing the game normally" defense doesn't and shouldn't work. If this is the case what is to stop companies from putting M or AO content into a T or E game on purpose knowing that any user with an Action Replay will be able to access the content. They would increase their marketshare while still including the "inappropriate" content.[/QUOTE]

hmmmm... Maybe we will see Mario shooting him some ho's after all. So that's what's different about Mario 128! Nintendo is teh liarzzz!!!1

Gunning down as many people as you can: available in the game w/no mods, and acceptable
Gang-warfare: available in the game w/no mods, and acceptable
Demeaning language to women: available in the game w/no mods, and acceptable
Robbery, assault, car theft, available in the game w/no mods, and acceptable
Sexual intercourse: HIDDEN in the game, and UNaccaptable?!?!

Seriously guys, I love how the straw that broke the camel's back on GTA:SA wasn't any of the violence, theivery, or other signs of moral decay, but instead was SEX. Especially since the demonic sex scenes aren't nearly as easily accessed as any other aspect of the game! We wouldn't want people to think the sex is better than violence, no would we?!?!

from a programming perspective, having to actually remove a bunch of code can be a massive hassle. As opposed to just commenting it out or something.

bread's done
Back