ROFL at this racist as hell teacher's essay:

“Is it okay in the black community to
be a little overweight?” I ask.
Two obese black girls in front of
my desk begin to dance, “You know
dem boys lak juicy fruit, Mr. Jackson.”

HAHAHAHA

And the author does give off the impression that he is racist. Just look at this excerpt:

Thirty dark hands
shot into the air. My students loved to
leave the classroom and slack off, even
if just for a few minutes, away from the
eye of white authority.

Why did he have to say "Thirty dark hands?" Was it necessary to include that they were dark? lol...

633623103869244450-fif.jpg

[quote name='camoor']How about this: I don't like having my taxpayer dollar wasted on an erudite education that many young adults don't want, don't appreciate, don't need, and won't use.

Let's give them an education they do want and will recieve some value from. I don't care if you call it a "trade GED" or something like that, since you seem to buy into the mystical significance of a diploma ritual (it's just a freaking label).

I think you need to face facts, not every person in America has the time or luxury to meditate on the history of German philosophy. But I have to think if you threw some of these students a lifeline, if you taught them a valuable skill that meant they had a chance of avoiding the spectre of taking multiple part-time jobs at fast-food joints or welfare dependency, I have a feeling that many would welcome the challenge and appreciate the opportunity being provided.[/QUOTE]

"Erudite education"? Are you kidding me with this? Your basic high school education is a fairly well-rounded grouping of topics designed to give the student a good base of knowledge about the world, as well as an understanding of how to learn things, how to gather facts, how to collaborate with others to achieve a goal, etc. It is not an "erudite" endeavor, especially if you stay away from advanced classes and the higher maths.

The issue is not the education, it's the people. Poverty-stricken children from other countries would give anything to be afforded the free opportunity given to public school-attending kids here in America. When you use phrases like "don't appreciate, don't want, don't need, won't use", you are not only underscoring the true issue (the student, not the education), you are also laying bare your own ignorance. It's commonly accepted that a person who lacks a high school education, on average, makes much less than a person who does hold a diploma. That fact in itself negates your "don't need, won't use" argument.

As for "don't appreciate, don't want"......friend, children are not qualified to choose what is best for themselves. 99% of children, regardless of economic status, race, or geographical location, don't appreciate or want their education, but all of them need it.

You face the facts. You're speaking from a position of immaturity and ignorance about the demands of the world around you.

[quote name='Ender']
The issue is not the education, it's the people. Poverty-stricken children from other countries would give anything to be afforded the free opportunity given to public school-attending kids here in America.

You face the facts. You're speaking from a position of immaturity and ignorance about the demands of the world around you.[/QUOTE]

Not true. You only think this because you look around at the immigrants in America and see some of the most hard-working, intelligent, and motivated people. These people are part of the brain-drain. They are the best and brightest of other countries, emigrating from their native land to a country that appreciates and rewards their talent and hard work.

Poor kids in Laos, Nigeria, or Macedonia care about Sartre about as much as a group of Louisiana teens from a background of poverty.

The stereotype of Americans as fat and lazy is only half true - Americans are some of the hardest working people on the planet. Whether its the capitalist spirit or that puritan work ethic, the output from skilled workers in America is only bested by a very few highly advanced conformist cultures such as Japan. The high cost of American workers is not due to lack of results, but rather a bloated healthcare system and a government that taxes American companies and American workers but provides few services.

Have you ever even been to another country that was not industrialized? You are the one who is woefully ignorant as to the true ways of the world.

[quote name='camoor']Not true. You only think this because you look around at the immigrants in America and see some of the most hard-working, intelligent, and motivated people. These people are part of the brain-drain. They are the best and brightest of other countries, emigrating from their native land to a country that appreciates and rewards their talent and hard work.

Poor kids in Laos, Nigeria, or Macedonia care about Sartre about as much as a group of Louisiana teens from a background of poverty.

The stereotype of Americans as fat and lazy is only half true - Americans are some of the hardest working people on the planet. Whether its the capitalist spirit or that puritan work ethic, the output from skilled workers in America is only bested by a very few highly advanced conformist cultures such as Japan. The high cost of American workers is not due to lack of results, but rather a bloated healthcare system and a government that taxes American companies and American workers but provides few services.

Have you ever even been to another country that was not industrialized? You are the one who is woefully ignorant as to the true ways of the world.[/QUOTE]

You're changing subjects. We are discussing the merits of American education, not the work ethics of Americans or immigrants.

You're taking a single topic of the whole of a high school education and pulling it out in a fashion that suits your argument, but it's out of context. Of course most children won't care about a singular author or poet or even a concept or mathematical skill, but most (from other countries in poverty) would welcome an education as a whole. Additionally, most would behave in an acceptable manner and with respect towards authority, in stark contrast to the behavior of inner-city children here in America.

I won't argue with your statements above concerning America's work ethic or productivity. You're right, at least from what I can tell, but that's not the issue at hand.

Bottom line is that if the guy wants to blame anyone for the ways those kids act, blame their parents. Too many parents seem to leave everything up to schools these days. They can't even teach their kids how to behave, let alone how to read.

I was away about two
minutes but when I got back the black
girls had lined up at the front of the
classroom and were convulsing to the
delight of the boys.

:D

You cannot honestly tell me that a bunch of young white women doing the same thing wouldn't elicit the same response from a group of young white men.

[quote name='Ender']You're changing subjects. We are discussing the merits of American education, not the work ethics of Americans or immigrants.

You're taking a single topic of the whole of a high school education and pulling it out in a fashion that suits your argument, but it's out of context. Of course most children won't care about a singular author or poet or even a concept or mathematical skill, but most (from other countries in poverty) would welcome an education as a whole. Additionally, most would behave in an acceptable manner and with respect towards authority, in stark contrast to the behavior of inner-city children here in America.

I won't argue with your statements above concerning America's work ethic or productivity. You're right, at least from what I can tell, but that's not the issue at hand.[/QUOTE]

I don't agree. Try taking a country living a rural agricultural living and violently wrenching it into modern times. Try replacing ancient village customs and livelihoods with industrialization, factories, and ruthless capitalism (lord knows there have been no shortage of Empires that have tried). You may net a few kids with an offer of ethnocentrically American education, just as the first western missionaries can usually convert a few of the youngest generation to Christianity, but the majority will scowl at the outsiders and go about their business. If you attempt to force your brand of education on the entire youth population they will resist change, there will be violent unrest and general unhappiness until the invaders let up.

I think you've seen too many movies, you seem to think that if you stroll into a poor third-world village offering American-style education that the people will put you on a wicker throne and parade you through the streets as their diety. I would love to see you try.

I think Mr Jackson's kids see an out-of-touch teacher lecturing about the fancy musings of some long-dead European they could care less about, they feel that they are too far behind in education already and at that point they see the entire exercise as a waste of their time when they could be out making money or having fun. Their attitude is not useful, it is destructive and no doubt they are behaving in an ill-mannered way but I think there is a fundamental difference in the world view between these kids and the teacher that is at the root of this problem.

Like I said - if you gave the students a choice of learning something they could get their hands around like plumbing or basic electronics, if you explained that learning this skill could mean a few extra bucks in their pocket each day, I think a significant number of the students would be interested. Not everyone is going to goto college, not everyone will be able to fully appreciate Kant's categorical imperative, so let's stop this wasteful practice of serving up a one-size fits all education. I would never look down upon someone who was content to learn the basics of the three r's, intro to American civics, and a useful skill. A responsible man can live a happy and respectable life that way. You should come down from your ivory tower every once in a while Ender, it's hard to see the real world from all the way up there.

.... I don't know why I clicked on this thread as I knew it would frustrate me but here it goes:

What's frustrating about the article and several of the responses is not that the accounts of "misbehaving black children" are false. They're not. What's frustrating is that the author of the article took this experience and approached it in a way that lacked empathy, insight, and maturity. That fact that this man is a teacher on top of it is disgusting.

The teacher only took the behaviors on face value and instead of stepping up and challenging his students and especially himself to dig deep and find out what was really going on with both parties and why that conflict was so prevalent, he decided to reinforce and advocate the feeling of oppression and superiority that adolescents of any race rebel against and disrespect. Because they didn't dissent or behave in a manner that he deemed "appropriate" he label an entire group of people as lacking the ability to connect emotionally. I don't think he did this because he's an awful human being, I think he did it because he's an ignorant person who thinks himself wise. If he wanted to really teach, and by extension learn, he would have looked at the roots of these behaviors and found that there are legitimate reasons for these behaviors that he came to vilify and despise.

White males don't have it easy, because none of us really have it easy. What white males do have built in luxuries that other people don't get. They don't have to think 24/7 about the issues that women do, and they rarely have to think about what access and courtesy their skin color is going to deny them.

The hardest thing this guy has done is teach a predominately black school with difficult children. 1) Many people who go to help "poor colored kids" do it with a messiah complex. People can appreciate help but no one wants it at the cost of their own dignity. 2) this gentleman had the experience of being an outsider who was treated with indignity by the majority of the group because he was different and didn't belong. Welcome to the minority experience in America. The difference is he chose to have this experience after his major developmental stages and he could walk away at anytime. He could stop being a teacher, the kids can't stop being black. 3) When you don't feel you have a voice and you're not being heard what do you do? You yell, you bring attention to yourself until you can no longer be denied. With a lot of the kids the acting out is a way to feel powerful. There are far more useful and effective ways of getting that power and attention but when you're a kid who is told both implicitly and explicitly by guys like this with tangible social power that they are less than him, you take what ever power you can get as quickly as possible. 4) A lot of blame is put on the parents. This is not entirely unjustified but we are only three or four generations removed from jim crow laws. Even if a family had the will and ability to make a solid living it was the law to deny them that. Even after it wasn't the law, people still continued to deny access to building wealth and stability. And as much as we talk about pulling yourself up and working hard, a lot of the time most of us take they easy way out. For people of privilege the easy way may be community college and not going to the gym. For other folks it's having a baby to try and get child support. They may seem really disparate but so are the opportunities given to both. The same amount of effort can give drastically different results.

Human beings hate being wrong and love when people think they're right. It's human nature. Heck, I'm doing that in essence by writing this. That said, the ego driven need to be right, in my opinion, is the root of the worst and most damaging relationships the world has and will continue to see. The black kids don't act in a way that's appropriate in "white" culture so clearly they are living their lives the wrong way. The behavior seen by these kids is disruptive to the learning and exhibited by several students of color across the nation. But it's also a social survival technique. The pressure that's put on "white" kids to conform into jock, goth, or nerd groups is nothing compared to the pressure to "act black" from peers. Now imagine if your teacher expected you to fall below his expectations because you "act black". Now what if when you're at the mall, security follows you around because you "look black". Then when you start up a video game or read a comic book, none of the protagonists look like you. Now you go on a message board and there are people hypothesizing on your character and education because you "are black". At some point, many of us just act like people expect us to because it's easier than fighting day in and day out to prove that you're not. What's so negative about the whole issue of race, especially in education, is that the expectation is pushed down so low for black students so when students meet that expectation they still fall far below.

Well, I read it.
And I have to say.. I pretty much agree with it. I've experienced that in school and at jobs. My current job is just full of that article.

It's a shame, because sometimes they make it so hard to look past those things. My fav is the part where they repeat themselves OVER and OVER again..and say it in different tones. It's funny because it's true. :whistle2:|

I was a personal aide for students that needed it in Baltimore City. He's 100% right, seriously...

People say shit like "we're all equal", and "our differences make us special", but I don't buy into that bullshit. Black schools are usually zoos.

[quote name='shieryda']You cannot honestly tell me that a bunch of young white women doing the same thing wouldn't elicit the same response from a group of young white men.[/QUOTE]
I think the point is that "young white women" wouldn't do that. I don't recall anyone dancing anywhere in any of my classes.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I was a personal aide for students that needed it in Baltimore City. He's 100% right, seriously...

People say shit like "we're all equal", and "our differences make us special", but I don't buy into that bullshit. Black schools are usually zoos.[/QUOTE]

And yet, because of what you witnessed and what you saw.. you are a racist for that! That's what I don't fuckin get!

I come from a family of educators in the southeast and have many friends working in the education system. I have a terminal degree and I am an adjunct instructor at a university. I have heard the good, the bad and the ugly from all of them. I've seen schools go downhill. I've experienced lack of respect and false sense of entitlement among other things.

I'm just not sure the respect for the teacher is always there. I'm not sure if it's taught at all or if it's taught in a different way in families now. It seems sometimes the teacher has to earn the respect or prove themselves from the get go - and for me as a student - the respect was there from the beginning - but of course it could be lost. I am not sure how many parents actually support their child's teachers these days.

I think specialized education should start in high school - there should be various routes for students to take and I think trade school should be a viable, respectable option. So many students get bored with school and drop out because they aren't stimulated appropriately. One path for all just doesn't work. It leaves so many talented, intelligent kids confused and frustrated and feeling like failures.

[quote name='bordjon']I think specialized education should start in high school - there should be various routes for students to take and I think trade school should be a viable, respectable option. So many students get bored with school and drop out because they aren't stimulated appropriately. One path for all just doesn't work. It leaves so many talented, intelligent kids confused and frustrated and feeling like failures.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting bordjon. It's gratifying to see someone with real teacher experience shares my viewpoint.

[quote name='lilboo']and yet, because of what you witnessed and what you saw.. You are a racist for that! That's what i don't fuckin get![/quote]

exactly!

I am a teacher at an inner city high school. Mr. Jackson speaks of a sub-group of African Americans. We have students like the ones Mr. Jackson speaks of at my school. However, we have many, many African American students who are extremely bright, motivated, respectful, and ambitious. Bad schools do exist and Mr. Jackson had the misfortune of working at one of them.

I read the entire essay (yep I'm bored) and I don't think Mr. Jackson is racist I think he's the opposite. A few of his statements were borderline but I think he wrote them to help paint a picture not cause he hates black people. He tried to teach black kids for years and I believe he truly wants to see them succeed. He just sounds so defeated like the task was impossible. So that's why he thinking in absolutes like "always" & "never" and because of that it comes across a little racist.

I will say I have no experiance with this subject at but this topic shouldn't be taboo. It needs to be disscused more.

[quote name='lilboo']And yet, because of what you witnessed and what you saw.. you are a racist for that! That's what I don't fuckin get![/QUOTE]

Exactly.. you know I don't even care if people call me racist. I'm sure what I believe is pretty close to the racist side of the spectrum but that's just how I am. Living in Baltimore will make all but the most gullible of people racist.

I went to a high school just like this. And yes, there were a lot of black people who acted like this. There were also a lot of Mexicans and a lot of white people who acted the same way. There's also some really nice black people. Color has nothing to do with it, it's their upbringing.

A co-worker asked if I was racist yesterday, and I told him the truth. I told him I can't judge people on their looks, but I can judge them on their actions. And I don't care what color they are, if I meet some kids who act like the ones in this article, if my book, they're stupid, and I can hate them.

Everyone cries "racist" as soon possible, but let's look at how they live (i.e. "the bad part of town") - and don't bring the socioeconomic factor into this. Behaving like animals is something that's accentuated in our everyday life, unfortunately. Also, let's look at how they lower property value (true real estate fact). Martin Luther King would have never sacrificed his life for the current African American culture.

For all of you politically correct people: one of my best friends is black, and we discuss the state of society quite often.

Yes, lower real estate value is a quantifiable fault of being black - it's not the fault of the closet racists who leave town, or find themselves too chickenshit to live in a neighborhood that's integrated.

"one of my best friends is black" indeed.

[quote name='mykevermin']Yes, lower real estate value is a quantifiable fault of being black - it's not the fault of the closet racists who leave town, or find themselves too chickenshit to live in a neighborhood that's integrated.

"one of my best friends is black" indeed.[/QUOTE]

It's not the fault of the closet racist -- it's the fault of their zoo-like behavior. I really don't want to bring numbers into my argument. There is a huge difference between racism and factual data. My great grandma survived the holocaust, and I'm a huge advocate of human rights. Unfortunately, certain groups of people use their "one weapon" way too often... and I did not falsify information about my friend.

If you read it all it is racist. Not how he says what happens, but how he generalizes ALL Black people as problematic and SOME white people as quirky at worst

I live in Memphis, and my best friend (who is a black man) lives by choice in a very poor area of town (Bing Hampton, if anyone is familiar with the area). He works at a teacher in the area was well, and he will be the first to tell you that unfortunately that essay holds some truth- but it isn't limited to black students, it's just a side effect of our societies poor families not actively raising their children to think, learn and be polite.

He's taken a lot of child psychology classes since he started and has done some interesting experiments. At the beginning of each year, he has each of his students draw their families, and then present their picture to him. He said that most of the time the children only draw their brother's and sisters, and not their parents.

[quote name='mykevermin']Yes, lower real estate value is a quantifiable fault of being black - it's not the fault of the closet racists who leave town, or find themselves too chickenshit to live in a neighborhood that's integrated.

[/QUOTE]

lol. I thought about this post when these little $$$$er kids decided they would play RIGHT NEAR my window even though there's a playground right across the parking lot. Just a bunch of screaming and bullshit for HOURS. I heard one say " I dare you to bang on his window", they did. I politely asked them to stop and the $$$$ers kept going until 9:30 fucking PM. Where the fuck are their parents at?

Oh, that reminds me of this time where these $$$$ers were out infront of my apartment building, smoking weed, while these two little twin black toddlers were running up the steps. A woman (hmm) opens the door to the place where the kids came out of originally and tells them not to knock on the door again. The kid runs up the steps and the $$$$er smoking weed tells him to calm down.

[quote name='HovaEscobar']lol. I thought about this post when these little $$$$er kids decided they would play RIGHT NEAR my window even though there's a playground right across the parking lot. Just a bunch of screaming and bullshit for HOURS. I heard one say " I dare you to bang on his window", they did. I politely asked them to stop and the $$$$ers kept going until 9:30 fucking PM. Where the fuck are their parents at?

Oh, that reminds me of this time where these $$$$ers were out infront of my apartment building, smoking weed, while these two little twin black toddlers were running up the steps. A woman (hmm) opens the door to the place where the kids came out of originally and tells them not to knock on the door again. The kid runs up the steps and the $$$$er smoking weed tells him to calm down.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, white kids never get into any hijinks.

This thread has been floating around for a while, so I finally decided to read the whole essay.

Honestly, I didn't find this all that racist. I can't honestly say that I've spent any time in a school such as this, but his descriptions pretty much described every predominantly black community I've ever entered or witnessed. I don't consider myself a racist by any means, and I'm certainly no bigot maintaining delusions that all black people are inferior to white people. It's pretty clear that there are countless numbers of black people who have succeeded greatly in life, but anyone denying the vast cultural differences in the majority of the population is trying a bit to hard to convince themselves they're tolerant. I don't believe that blacks have genetically inferior intelligence. I believe anyone on the planet can be the best they can be when the put forth a strong effort, however, popular black culture pretty much prevents this. I'll no doubt be tagged a racist by some for what I'm about to say, but I stand by it: Popular black culture (ie: the music, clothes, dialect, behavior, everything) is abhorrent, vile, and absolutely boorish in every sense of the word, and it needs to cease. I can't think of anything else that glamorizes being an all around bad human being to the extent popular black culture does. Again, I don't believe there to be any genetic differences between a black brain and a white brain, but the absolute filth that is constantly poured into young black (and sometimes white) minds is destroying any chance they have of succeeding.

I don't hate black people. I hate black culture.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']This thread has been floating around for a while, so I finally decided to read the whole essay.

Honestly, I didn't find this all that racist. I can't honestly say that I've spent any time in a school such as this, but his descriptions pretty much described every predominantly black community I've ever entered or witnessed. I don't consider myself a racist by any means, and I'm certainly no bigot maintaining delusions that all black people are inferior to white people. It's pretty clear that there are countless numbers of black people who have succeeded greatly in life, but anyone denying the vast cultural differences in the majority of the population is trying a bit to hard to convince themselves they're tolerant. I don't believe that blacks have genetically inferior intelligence. I believe anyone on the planet can be the best they can be when the put forth a strong effort, however, popular black culture pretty much prevents this. I'll no doubt be tagged a racist by some for what I'm about to say, but I stand by it: Popular black culture (ie: the music, clothes, dialect, behavior, everything) is abhorrent, vile, and absolutely boorish in every sense of the word, and it needs to cease. I can't think of anything else that glamorizes being an all around bad human being to the extent popular black culture does. Again, I don't believe there to be any genetic differences between a black brain and a white brain, but the absolute filth that is constantly poured into young black (and sometimes white) minds is destroying any chance they have of succeeding.

I don't hate black people. I hate black culture.[/QUOTE]

QFMFT. Well said.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']This thread has been floating around for a while, so I finally decided to read the whole essay.

I don't hate black people. I hate black culture.[/QUOTE]

Some truth in it, but I also blame the government for disintegrating the family unit in the black community. I see them as the guiena pigs for a new America. To be fair, the KKK only DREAMS they could have done this much damage to the black community compared to the self destructive tendencies of the NEW black culture.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Popular black culture (ie: the music, clothes, dialect, behavior, everything) is abhorrent, vile, and absolutely boorish in every sense of the word, and it needs to cease. I can't think of anything else that glamorizes being an all around bad human being to the extent popular black culture does.[/QUOTE]

Yet you have a photograph of Marilyn Manson in your signature. I like the guy's music just fine, but will wholly admit that if you omit the race-language from your above statement, that would apply to Manson as well.

Just feels like selective judgment to me.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Yeah, white kids never get into any hijinks.[/QUOTE]
Okay, when did I imply that they didn't? I was describing my situation, which was $$$$ers.

[/QUOTE]

This is what I don't understand. I lived here in this apartment complex for just about 2 years. It's actually a really nice complex and really nice area, however, there's a lot of crime that goes on. Lots of cars get stolen or broken into, there always seems to be new graffiti popping up in the elevators, or dog piss in the hallways or elevators, you always find an empty bag of cheetos on the hallway. Etc.

NOW, the majority of the people who DO live here are black. And most people here are on Section 8 housing (which IMO, turns people into animals anyway...regardless of color). My lease is up in November and I plan on moving. In this situation, why would this make me a "closet racist" because I don't want to live with this filth? Why should I have to pay rent and stay in an area which I am unhappy? Am I saying that all these black people are the problem? Of course not. So why would this make me a "closet racist" to get away from an area that's really trashy? Had it been a really white trash area, I'd imagine this wouldn't be a problem. But, since it's black people, we are supposed to be unhappy just so we don't hurt anyone's feelings?

I just just just woke up. I apologize for any grammatical errors, :lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']Yet you have a photograph of Marilyn Manson in your signature. I like the guy's music just fine, but will wholly admit that if you omit the race-language from your above statement, that would apply to Manson as well.

Just feels like selective judgment to me.[/QUOTE]

A valid point.

I suppose it all depends on how you interpret his lyrics. He's undoubtedly one of the most controversial musicians out there (or at least was), and he's produced some pretty vulgar lyrics over the years, but I still see a huge difference between him and most rap artists. I'm sure some may disagree, but I've always found Manson's lyrics to be surprisingly layered with meaning, which is generally uncommon for that genre of music. He, more often then not, sings in a rude, crass manner, but in the end there's always a point to his controversy, and more often than people would think, it's a valid one.

I don't mean to change the subject too much, but I'm glad this came up because I was making this comparison in my head the other day and I've been itching to say it. Manson has a song in which he sings about using his assets (money, a big car, fame) to get women to sleep with him, which pretty much describes 95% of mainstream rap today. The only difference is that, at the end of Manson's song, he sings about the realization that all he is to people is money and an expensive car, and how lonely he is because of it. He puts up a fence saying "You call it fake, I call it good as it gets" but really, he's caught in heartache because he's fallen in love, but he can't have her because he's just a "shallow celebrity."

I rarely, rarely ever hear a rap song that makes it past the initial meaning of "Yo bitch sleep wit me cuz I'm famous. Check mah rims, girl." On the same note, I find the song Golddigger disgustingly ignorant and hypocritical. Honestly, how the fuck can someone complain about women only liking them for their money when that's literally all they use to bait them in the first place.

Manson's lyrics are controversial, but they have point. Rap lyrics don't. It's controversy started by false ideals and narcissistic reasoning, and that's not ok.

Although i don't care much for rap, i have heard some stuff that was deeper than the average song. Honestly, not all music is a deep and meaningful masterpiece, that goes for any genre of music.

[quote name='JolietJake']Honestly, not all music is a deep and meaningful masterpiece, that goes for any genre of music.[/QUOTE]

Well, yes, I hope I didn't make it sound that way because I didn't mean to. Not everything is deep, in fact most isn't, but rap is generally the most shallow, one-dimensional genre out there, generally revolving around talking about how rich you are, using your wealth to take advantage of women, or (my favorite) the completely ungrounded "get back at whitey."

It's the absolute lack of emotion that bothers me. Music is about emotion, and rap generally seems to be a self-glamorizing device used to get women in bed more than anything else.

Only rap/hiphop artists I respect are those such as Timbaland. Primarily, I liked vintage rap more, simple party songs with no womanizing, no singing about your car and/or teeth, and none of those lameass songs where some rapper just rags on another rapper (spend $10-18 to listen to a sixty minute pissing contest = BONUS!).

bread's done
Back