Rough Guide to uncommon current generation Games and Guides

Funny about that Skies of Arcadia Legends guide. Only about a year ago those guides were available readily from Amazon for $9.99. I bought several because I figured they would be hard to find. But it was weird because the game had been out for years already. Now they're worth a lot. Oh well!

I found a Disney Sports Basketball for Gamecube at Blockbuster for only $9.99 before the 25% off. Mint condition, didn't realize it was uncommon. Also I noticed that Breath of Fire 2 GBA auctions have been closing around $65-70 on ebay for sealed copies. Tempted now to sell my sealed copy.

Here are some other games I've noticed are tough to find:

Red Card Soccer 2003 (PS2 is toughest, XBox and Gamecube not so bad)
Dual Hearts (PS2)
Pro Fishing Challenge (XBox) Little known Atlus game.
Culdcept (PS2)
Robot Alchemic Drive (PS2)
Tsugunai: Atonement (PS2)
Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II (GCN)
Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Plus (GCN)
F1 2001, F1 2002, and F1 Career Challenge (all PS2)
Wakeboarding Unleashed (PS2 is tougher than XBox)
F1 2002 (GCN)
Disney Sports Football (GCN)
Disney Sports Soccer (GCN)
G1 Jockey 3 (PS2)
Virtua Quest (GCN)
Gotcha Force (GCN)
Rave Master (GCN)
Sega Sports Tennis 2K2 (PS2)

[quote name='drfrielgood']Here are some other games I've noticed are tough to find:

Dual Hearts (PS2)
Culdcept (PS2)
Robot Alchemic Drive (PS2)
F1 2002 (GCN)
G1 Jockey 3 (PS2)
Virtua Quest (GCN)
Gotcha Force (GCN)
Rave Master (GCN)
Sega Sports Tennis 2K2 (PS2)[/QUOTE]

Values?

Zone of Enders and Zone of Enders 2nd Runner are not on the list.

Since they are not hard to find for everyone, but me of course, would someone be willing to snag some copies?

I can get Zone of Enders, but it's $27 (New/Sealed). I have had zero luck spotting a ZoE2.

If you're going to bump this up, at least update the OP.

Gitaroo Man and Rez aren't rare at all, and MvC 2 goes for alot more then $30 on Ebay... it's at least $70 - $80. Atelier Iris is pretty common, as well, I think.

Good idea, just have to keep it current.

[quote name='Roufuss']MGS 2: Substance for PS2 gets alot more then $15... I want to say $30 - $35 but I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

ookie, updated again!

The Mechassault guide is so rare there is one selling for $6.00 on ebay!!!

Speaking of rare guides, does Magna Carta have a strategy guide?

I know this is PS1, but what about Tales of Destiny? Does that have a guide? I know T of D 2 does but i have never seen one for the original Tales of Destiny.

Worms 3D: Special Edition is the rarest game available for Xbox by far (and no, I'm not talking about the normal Sega-published edition).

And whats with Breath of Fire on your list? Its maintained a solid value, but that and its sequel are two of the most common GBA games (at least in my experiance).

[quote name='Rozz']Worms 3D: Special Edition is the rarest game available for Xbox by far (and no, I'm not talking about the normal Sega-published edition).

And whats with Breath of Fire on your list? Its maintained a solid value, but that and its sequel are two of the most common GBA games (at least in my experiance).[/QUOTE]

I am not very fluent in the GBA games, that is a suggestion from another CAG. I will put Worms 3D SE on the xbox list.

Resident Evil 4 Premium Edition ($40 used, $60+ sealed) and Digital Devil Saga (about the same). Gallop Racers have dropped btw.

And for GBA, my store has 10 sealed Rvier City Ransom EX's. Adn the other store I work at has at least 7.

[quote name='djkunai']Resident Evil 4 Premium Edition ($40 used, $60+ sealed) and Digital Devil Saga (about the same). Gallop Racers have dropped btw.

And for GBA, my store has 10 sealed Rvier City Ransom EX's. Adn the other store I work at has at least 7.[/QUOTE]

Added to the list.

Santa Claus Saves the Earth is one the rarest games for the GBA. It was only available in the U.S. at TRU locations in December 2003.

[quote name='fwacce']Santa Claus Saves the Earth is one the rarest games for the GBA. It was only available in the U.S. at TRU locations in December 2003.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that also one of the only recent US released games to not have an ESRB rating? What did TRU do, import and sell the European version?

Actually, correction, I noticed there is a version with the ESRB rating. It's just that the one I got at TRU did not have the ESRB rating.

I don't know if it was posted, but (and I can't believe this) but Barbie Horse Adventures: Wild Horse Rescue is supposed to be really rare for the XBOX. Probably because no one bought it. It seems to go for US $50-60 on eBay for a NTSC version. The PAL version is around 20.

[quote name='Josef']Isn't that also one of the only recent US released games to not have an ESRB rating? What did TRU do, import and sell the European version?

Actually, correction, I noticed there is a version with the ESRB rating. It's just that the one I got at TRU did not have the ESRB rating.[/QUOTE]

$33 shipped on Half.com

Tactics Ogre: Knights of Lodis, Riviera: The Promised Land, and Shining Soul 2 (all for GBA) are pretty tough finds with each going for $30 or more for complete copies. And they're all Atlus games, which is probably why they can be tough to find.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Tactics Ogre: Knights of Lodis, Riviera: The Promised Land, and Shining Soul 2 (all for GBA) are pretty tough finds with each going for $30 or more for complete copies. And they're all Atlus games, which is probably why they can be tough to find.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just your area, but locally in a 50 mile radius a ton of Gamestop's have copies of Riviera. They aren't complete, no, but I wouldn't call it rare either.

I agree on the other two... is Shining Soul 2 even a good game? I thought the first one was very boring.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Here are some other games I've noticed are tough to find:

Dual Hearts (PS2)
Culdcept (PS2)
Robot Alchemic Drive (PS2)-have seen multiple copies at GS used-$18
F1 2002 (GCN)
G1 Jockey 3 (PS2)
Virtua Quest (GCN)
Gotcha Force (GCN)
Rave Master (GCN)-the 5-10 copies of this for $9.99 at my local BB say this isn't rare, here anyway
Sega Sports Tennis 2K2 (PS2)[/quote]

The bolded selections from the list above aren't hard to find here(PA).

Pokemon Box for gamecube - 100$ and up on ebay, very expensive!

Digimon Battle Spirit 2 Gamecube - 50$ and up on ebay

One that struck me on your list was Car Battler joe, this is a VERY good game boy advance game, I own it, and its available for 4.99 at gamestop if you can find a used copy in your area (use the store locator). Here is a link to the gamestop page on it.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=914355

I agree with rave master for gba, there are about 10 copies of this at sears along with James Pond Code Robocod for GBA.

here are some rare games:

Ps2:
karaoke revolution vol. 1
karaoke revolution vol. 2
karaoke revolution vol. 3

Gc:
mario dance dance revolution
mc groovz

bread's done
Back