RPG Recommendations/Discussion

[quote name='depascal22']Nice one! So, Leaf Panda, you should have enough RPGs to last you until armageddon at this point. And when that happens, I suggest finding the nearest effeminate boy (shouldn't be a problem in San Fran), a shy girl that hasn't fulfilled her destiny, and a varied cast of characters that will help you get through the post-apocalyptic wasteland........at least until the mutants attack. Magic doesn't do shit to them.[/QUOTE]

Actually remember CT. Magic is the only thing that does decent damage to the mutants.

Sadly, I've never played Chrono Trigger. I was a Genesis kid back in the day and I ended up trading FF Chronicles (still sealed) a couple months ago.

[quote name='depascal22']Sadly, I've never played Chrono Trigger. I was a Genesis kid back in the day and I ended up trading FF Chronicles (still sealed) a couple months ago.[/QUOTE]

You sicken me.

[quote name='keithp']TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT!![/QUOTE]

Sadly I dont think he is a troll....I ignored it because im pretty sure he is either insane or just has incredibly bad taste in games from what iv seen. Maybe its a little of both!

[quote name='62t']those of you that havent play Chrono Trigger can redem yourself with the DS version[/QUOTE]

Unless they add some new stuff soon I really cant see the point. I mean its sooooo much cooler playing it on my big ole plasma TV screen then the wrinky dink DS screen. Only way they can convince me to do it on the DS is if there are new dungeons like with IV.

I'm pretty sure there are new dungeons.

I am afraid I'll have to change the battery in my copy of CT soon. They really should just make it a VC/PSN/X-Box Live download.

[quote name='depascal22']Sadly, I've never played Chrono Trigger. I was a Genesis kid back in the day and I ended up trading FF Chronicles (still sealed) a couple months ago.[/quote]
I was also a Genesis kid, and I fondly recall playing the stellar Phantasy Star IV, that "other" big RPG released around the same time as CT...

Finally played the PS1 Crono Trigger remake a few years ago, and it was actually to my benefit, as the loading times between fights that EVERYONE complains about didn't really affect me at all since I never played the SNES version. It's definitely one of those games everyone should play once though on whatever console you have...

[quote name='MSI Magus']You sicken me.[/quote]
Laughed more than I should have reading that... =)

Yes I am full with all these RPGs you guys recommended me.
The thing is that i'm forgetful and I have almost forgotten most of the game you guys recommended to me. Now let this thread die in peace.

Just to sum up once again all the games you need to get (in any order)

Shadow Hearts 2
Tales of the Abyss
Final fantasy XII
disgaea (DS or PS2)
Shin Megami Tensei Nocture
Digital Devil Saga

After you finish those games you can ask us agian.

[quote name='62t']Just to sum up once again all the games you need to get (in any order)

Shadow Hearts 2
Tales of the Abyss
Final fantasy XII
disgaea (DS or PS2)
Digital Devil Saga

After you finish those games you can ask us agian.[/QUOTE]

You seem almost angry he is still asking for more heh. I was just joking around when I commented not actually angry.....

[quote name='62t']Just to sum up once again all the games you need to get (in any order)

Shadow Hearts 2
Tales of the Abyss
Final fantasy XII
disgaea (DS or PS2)
Digital Devil Saga
Dark Cloud 2
Suikoden 3 or 5

After you finish those games you can ask us agian.[/quote]
Now its complete.

You can always request a mod to close the thread and we can continue all RPG chatter in the RPG thread. Otherwise, someone will stumble onto this a couple months from now and post.

EDIT -- Also, no need to remember anything. You can always go back to the beginning of the thread and read through it.

EDIT 2 -- I think I'll play CT on the DS since PS1 games look like absolute ass on my LCDs. I've gotten rid of most of my PS1 games and I'm hoping most of the come out on the DS or PSP.

^ To anyone thinking about playing the PS1 rerelease of Chrono Trigger, I highly discourage it. Loading times between rooms/battles/every damn thing get incredibly tedious, especially when the SNES didn't have any of them.

[quote name='depascal22']You can always request a mod to close the thread and we can continue all RPG chatter in the RPG thread. Otherwise, someone will stumble onto this a couple months from now and post.

EDIT -- Also, no need to remember anything. You can always go back to the beginning of the thread and read through it.

EDIT 2 -- I think I'll play CT on the DS since PS1 games look like absolute ass on my LCDs. I've gotten rid of most of my PS1 games and I'm hoping most of the come out on the DS or PSP.[/quote]
I might need this thread in the future

Yes DC1 is a turd. Its seriously questionable if its even worth the $5 or so it would cost you to pick up nowdays. DC2 on the other hand is a steal at the $15 or so it costs.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Yes DC1 is a turd.[/quote]

What a very objective thing to say.

Some people have enjoyed DC, you can get it used for practically nothing.

In Ultima 7 you had to feed your party. Man could that get annoying.

I gave up on DC1 because it got way too repetitive. Panda, I hope you put this thread to good use. Last night I counted just the PS2 RPGs on my shelf I've never played and it's close to 30. Also a handful of PS1 titles as well.

Let's face it though, all you need on PS2 are Nocturne, DDS1+2, Persona 3, Valkyrie Profile 2, Tales of the Abyss, Kingdom Hearts 1+2, Final Fantasy X and you're good forever.

EDIT: I forgot to mention either Disgaea or Disgaea 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='willardhaven']Let's face it though, all you need on PS2 are Nocturne, DDS1+2, Persona 3, Valkyrie Profile 2, Tales of the Abyss, Kingdom Hearts 1+2, Final Fantasy X and you're good forever.[/quote]

Meh, all you need is Disgaea and you're good for hundreds of hours. Throw in the rest of the NIS SRPGs and you'll need a catheter.

After Disgaea, I wouldn't touch the other NIS SPRGs. You can sink 300 hours into Disgaea. Why would you need to play the same game again with different characters and small upgrades? I tried getting into Phantom Brave and Makai but it just felt like more of the same.

Me neither. I picked up at a TRU clearance and it's just sat there. I don't know if I can go back into the series after spending 200 hours+ on the first one.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back