RPG Thread X will never be localized because you'd rather buy another generic FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who else is going to buy the 3Ds for the free games then go and get the price corrected on the 13th. I'm excited for Devil Summoner.

[quote name='Jest']So who else is going to buy the 3Ds for the free games then go and get the price corrected on the 13th. I'm excited for Devil Summoner.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I own most of those games. I'll definitely wait and see if there are any cool holiday bundles for the 3DS though.

[quote name='Jest']So who else is going to buy the 3Ds for the free games then go and get the price corrected on the 13th. I'm excited for Devil Summoner.[/QUOTE]

I'm very tempted, but I don't think I will bother. I wouldn't play with the 3D on anyways.

It is tempting, but I'll wait. I still have a big backlog on my DS Lite.

I'll go trade my DSi but wait till the holidays until they got some nice bundles and some games worth getting for it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I still have a big backlog on my DS Lite.[/QUOTE]
Same here, and I'll be picking up at least one more DS RPG (DQM: Joker 2 Amateur) before the end of the year. Actually, I just bought a new DS Lite since the left shoulder button on my old one barely works anymore.

3DS won't interest me until one or more personal must-haves is/are released.

I actually bought it on launch day. Got 3 games (ghost recon, ssf4, and ridge racer) but returned the ds. I don't have any gba games anymore so that's why I'm getting it. Bundles don't really interest me that much.

[quote name='blueshinra']Same here, and I'll be picking up at least one more DS RPG (DQM: Joker 2 Amateur) before the end of the year. Actually, I just bought a new DS Lite since the left shoulder button on my old one barely works anymore.

3DS won't interest me until one or more personal must-haves is/are released.[/QUOTE]

Devil Survivor 2 coming out for DS... But that's next year.

It'll need more than one personal must-haves for me to bite. Layton and a new Etrian Odyssey would for sure do it. Anything less, and I'm not as sure.

[quote name='bvharris']I can't wait until I get to the part which took it from "good" to "fantastic" in 28 minutes. ;)[/QUOTE]
During the 28 minutes I posted both of those posts, I finally got passed the 3rd stage boss, so yes, it turned into a fantastic game (again) ;)

I'm probably just going to wait for the price drop, I could really care less about those free games, and plus I really just want a 3DS for a few games (Tales of the Abyss!!!)

I wouldnt want to gamble on getting the price adjusted. Besides I have plenty to play on the DSi right now anyway. Etrian Odyssey 3 takes up all of my time.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Finally done Castlevania...now do I start Catherine or finish up everything else I'm playing actively first?[/QUOTE]

Not sure which one you're referring to, but I'm in the middle of Lords of Shadow right now (Ch 5). Afterwards I'll likely pick up Radiant Historia and work on Braid while I wait for Dark Souls. I don't like to have too many games going at once, it makes me stressed out.

[quote name='elessar123']Devil Survivor 2 coming out for DS... But that's next year.

It'll need more than one personal must-haves for me to bite. Layton and a new Etrian Odyssey would for sure do it. Anything less, and I'm not as sure.[/QUOTE]
So far, mine are Rune Factory 4 and Slime Mori Mori 3 (aka Rocket Slime 2). Maybe Layton vs. Wright, though I haven't played any Layton games yet; the first one's in my backlog. And yeah, a new Etrian Odyssey would be nice, too.

No job, got a speeding ticket to pay for, probably going to have to move back home cuz can't afford rent (unless I miraculously get a job offer in the next month)... and yet I'm still sorely tempted to pick up a 3DS and OoT 3D now that it's dropped...

Edit: Wait, my birthday is coming up in a few months. Mayhaps time to convince the parentals that an early birthday present is in order :D

[quote name='Backlash']Not sure which one you're referring to, but I'm in the middle of Lords of Shadow right now (Ch 5). Afterwards I'll likely pick up Radiant Historia and work on Braid while I wait for Dark Souls. I don't like to have too many games going at once, it makes me stressed out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was Lords of Shadow. I also finished the first DLC. (need to do the second). I think I may do something shorter (LoS was loooong) and not needing me to think before I start Catherine.

[quote name='jello44']And the Pre-order bonus for Persona 2 iiiiiiiiis : A Soundtrack Yay![/QUOTE]
Laaame, I cancelled my tentative preorder. This will be sub-$20 in a month or two and odds are it will still come with the CD.

[quote name='elessar123']From the looks of the image, there'll be an outer box?[/QUOTE]

Looks that way to me as well. Europe got a CE for P3P which we didn't get (I bought it, as I'm sure many of you did).. I've been holding out some hope the same would occur for P2P, but it looks like this might be it.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Isn't it the exact same thing Persona 1 got? An outer with a soundtrack in it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, exactly the same.

[quote name='eldergamer']I wouldnt want to gamble on getting the price adjusted. Besides I have plenty to play on the DSi right now anyway. Etrian Odyssey 3 takes up all of my time.[/QUOTE]

I work at a retailer so it'll be okay for me.

Could never get into Etrian Odyssey. Played the first but it just didn't click. Did they get easier to consume?

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Yeah it was Lords of Shadow. I also finished the first DLC. (need to do the second). I think I may do something shorter (LoS was loooong) and not needing me to think before I start Catherine.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to be off topic a bit, but is the DLC worth it? I LOVED the game, but forgot about the DLC actually.

Also, ended up picking up a 3DS and OoT. Time for my yearly OoT run! Yayyyyy! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

I'm really thinking about, it might end up as an impulse as I am going on a trip next week and could use a new toy. (Oh the joys of a young person with no bills to pay except gas and an alright summer job)

[quote name='Zmonkay']Sorry to be off topic a bit, but is the DLC worth it? I LOVED the game, but forgot about the DLC actually.

Also, ended up picking up a 3DS and OoT. Time for my yearly OoT run! Yayyyyy! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I've only done the first one. It took about an hour and a half on normal. It was...ok. You do get to play as Laura, so you can shoot lightning and turn into mist which is kinda fun. It also explains some story points fromt he epilogue of the game.

From what I understand the second DLC for Lords of Shadow (Resurrection) is not worth it. Its over priced, short and not very fun. Gabriel is restricted in not being able to use his shadow and light magic and constantly being hindered by clutching his chest due to his transformation. Youtube the story. I only own the first one (Revere) and its okay, still I think its way overpriced but it is the better of the two. The two really should have been one DLC.

[quote name='distgfx']You guys really know how to confuse the crap out of an innocent man. I don't play these Persona games![/QUOTE]

You should! ^__^

[quote name='distgfx']You guys really know how to confuse the crap out of an innocent man. I don't play these Persona games![/QUOTE]
hey guys i went to a baseball game and they started talking about baseball and i don't play baseball

they really know how to confuse the crap out of an innocent man!

[quote name='kainzero']hey guys i went to a baseball game and they started talking about baseball and i don't play baseball

they really know how to confuse the crap out of an innocent man![/QUOTE]
Nah, it's more like you go to a baseball game and they start talking in depth about a specific team you know nothing about :p

(Also, I was lost, too. Just skipped over all that...)

[quote name='kainzero']hey guys i went to a baseball game and they started talking about baseball and i don't play baseball

they really know how to confuse the crap out of an innocent man![/QUOTE]

Why are you talking about baseball? Baseball has nothing to do with RPGs, silly.

[quote name='blueshinra']Nah, it's more like you go to a baseball game and they start talking in depth about a specific team you know nothing about :p

(Also, I was lost, too. Just skipped over all that...)[/QUOTE]
hey! you stop that! i was making fun of uraizen and you messed up my flow!

you broke my limit break!
you combo breakered my combo!
you stunned me during my channeling spell!
you cast stop when i was... uh... doing something in atb or... yea.

[quote name='kainzero']hey! you stop that! i was making fun of uraizen and you messed up my flow!

you broke my limit break!
you combo breakered my combo!
you stunned me during my channeling spell!
you cast stop when i was... uh... doing something in atb or... yea.[/QUOTE]

D'aww, don't worry, I'll be completely offended, just for you.

[quote name='Rodimus']From what I understand the second DLC for Lords of Shadow (Resurrection) is not worth it. Its over priced, short and not very fun. Gabriel is restricted in not being able to use his shadow and light magic and constantly being hindered by clutching his chest due to his transformation. Youtube the story. I only own the first one (Revere) and its okay, still I think its way overpriced but it is the better of the two. The two really should have been one DLC.[/QUOTE]

I finished the second one last night. You can use both your magics, and Gabriel has no issuesin game that cause him to do anything. It plays just like the rest the game. It just has an uber hard boss that you have to fight at the end, (harder then anything in the main game) and a lot of climbing/platforming.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I finished the second one last night. You can use both your magics, and Gabriel has no issuesin game that cause him to do anything. It plays just like the rest the game. It just has an uber hard boss that you have to fight at the end, (harder then anything in the main game) and a lot of climbing/platforming.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for my miss information. Like I said I never played it, but this is what I read from a few days ago when I was doing research of wether to buy it or not.. Maybe on higher difficulties it hinders Gabriel?

[quote name='Rodimus']Sorry for my miss information. Like I said I never played it, but this is what I read from a few days ago when I was doing research of wether to buy it or not.. Maybe on higher difficulties it hinders Gabriel?[/QUOTE]

No biggie. Could be. I was playing it on Warrior until I got pissed and knocked it down to Squire cause I just wanted to be done with the thing. Now they do have no way of refilling your magic (except for some overly difficult enemies if you are good enough to grind it out against 6 of them) for the most part, so by the end of the level you are pretty SOL in that regards if you used any.

Hmmm, the DLC don't really sound worth it. If they were longer maybe. Ah well, prolly youtube em so I can see the story segments at least, lol. (And Castlevania has some RPG elements, so we're technically on topic! haha)

I've also realized I have game ADD:
PSP: Phantasy Star Portable 2, Jeanne D'Arc
DS: Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story, Okamiden
3DS: OoT
PS3: Burnout Paradise, Mod Nation Racers
360: Banjo Nuts and Bolts, Just Cause 2
PC: KOTOR 2

I used to finish a game before starting a new one (or one console one portable) but am very spastic with it lately. Worst part is most of them are RPGs lol.

Yeah, that is a good number of games, you need to drop some of them. I might as well just give a list of games I'm still working on..

-Catherine (main game to beat)
-Tales of Vesperia (2nd Playthrough, so I'm not too worried about it)
-Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love (Really enjoyable game, haven't touched my PS2 in a month or so)

[quote name='Zmonkay']

I used to finish a game before starting a new one (or one console one portable) but am very spastic with it lately. Worst part is most of them are RPGs lol.[/QUOTE]

I've got the same problem. On the bright side, I just finished KOTOR2 (for the third time overall...) so I went back to Infamous 2. My new goal is to finish as many games as possible as quickly as possible.

That most likely will not happen, though, and I'll play Starcraft 2 or Dwarf Fortress or something.

Am like that too.I usaully get bored with these RPG's after like 10 hours and then I start a new one.Working on these ones right now.

-Dragon Quest VIII(Just started it)
-Persona 3 PES(Played ten hours and haven't touched it in about a year)
-The Witcher Enhanced Edition
-Resonance of Fate
-Suikoden III(Haven't touched in a about a year)
-Devil Summoner 2(Haven't touched in about a year)

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed P3 from what I played it,but got boring for me.The plot was very slow for those hours I played and the high school stuff was fun at first but got old.Also I wasn't a fan of the randomized dungeon floors (I know they fix that problem in P4).I do intend to pick it up again at some point.

[quote name='themaster20000']Also I wasn't a fan of the randomized dungeon floors (I know they fix that problem in P4).I do intend to pick it up again at some point.[/QUOTE]

They're still randomized in P4 as far as I know. It's just that certain key floors are fixed.

[quote name='bvharris']They're still randomized in P4 as far as I know. It's just that certain key floors are fixed.[/QUOTE]

This man is correct. The difference with P4 is that you can return to prior floors. As long as you don't leave the TV world or venture into another dungeon, the layout will stay the same. There are key (e.g. story floors) that are fixed.

It is easier to take in P4. The different visuals and music, and the story scenes (and save points!) within each sub-dungeon make it seem less random and repetitive. It's also really nice to be able to save at the top and then take the stairs back down to fully explore previous floors.

No question that P4 is better than P3. Having different dungeons really helps. Even little things like instant warping between locations on the map instead of having to actual walk help.

I think the single biggest improvement was giving you your party members' S. Links right off the bat and having their rank-ups add tangible combat benefits aside from just the fusion EXP bonus. It's one of those great ideas that seems so incredibly obvious in retrospect, you wonder how it could possibly have not been included in P3. But yeah, pretty much every mechanical aspect of the gameplay was seriously improved from P3 to P4.

I think the story and characters are better overall too, but that's getting more into just personal preference. I do think P4 is a marvel of character design in the way that the characters all wear the same school uniform, but subtle elements like hair color, skirt length, whether the jacket is buttoned up or not, etc., are used to give each design a totally distinct personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back