RPG Thread XI is pretending X-2 doesn't exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='panzerfaust']Can stores still prevent kids from buying M rated games? Or did that recent ruling say otherwise?[/QUOTE]

They can. I got IDed the for the first time when I bought Mortal Kombat last month. I didn't mind but I guess they're getting serious about this now if they're IDing guys that look over 21. Jeez I barely get IDed for booze anymore.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I was playing on Steam before you could use it for anything.[/QUOTE]

Playing games on a PC is about as cool as playing games on the Wii.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I've been ID'd for games, but never for drinks.

True story.[/QUOTE]

I get carded every time I buy an M-rated game for Gamestop. I'm carded ordering a drink with dinner maybe 1/3 of the time tops.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I was playing on Steam before you could use it for anything.[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to respond, but now I'm curious... how old are you?

[quote name='panzerfaust']"makes me feel young again"[/QUOTE]

That's not a number, silly.

EDIT: STEALTH EDIT! You "feel young again" while you're 21? Shit, I'm older than you.

[quote name='distgfx']That's not a number, silly.

EDIT: STEALTH EDIT! You "feel young again" while you're 21? Shit, I'm older than you.[/QUOTE]

I'm older too :cry:

[quote name='panzerfaust']That's why it's funny[/QUOTE]

[quote name='panzerfaust']Really? I thought the joke was in poor taste.[/QUOTE]

I still look young. People think I'm too young for having a baby, but then I tell them I'll be 30 in a few months and they're like "Whaaaaa...?"

I want to reply to loads of comments, but I'm too lazy to quote them, so here it goes...

1) Diablo III is going to suck, mainly because of it's dull combat system
2) X-2 only had the combat system going for it, story and costumes were dumb
3) Everytime one of my friends wants some smokes, we never get ID'ed, we just get ID'ed for video games

This thread moves so darn fast. So here's me catching up:

I hate Diablo style games.
I can't believe I missed the whole Suikoden discussion, but loved all except 4, I even enjoyed Tactics.
Every Gamestop near me doesn't card, I even saw a 13 year old buy an M-rated game.

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I want to reply to loads of comments, but I'm too lazy to quote them, so here it goes...

1) Diablo III is going to suck, mainly because of it's dull combat system
2) X-2 only had the combat system going for it, story and costumes were dumb
3) Everytime one of my friends wants some smokes, we never get ID'ed, we just get ID'ed for video games[/QUOTE]

Can't forget about that horrible soundtrack X-2 had.

[quote name='Rodimus']I still look young. "[/QUOTE]

I have this problem too, it doesn't help at all that I am very short.

I look like the younger brother when, in fact , I am older. :|

X-2 is a game I so wanted to like. The dress sphere system, the fast-paced combat, the hot girls in elaborate costumes. But I couldn't get past the directionless structure and the tone that aimed for lighthearted but just veered between overly melodramatic and overly corny. God, the silly accents they put on every character and creature. And the music was pretty bad too.

I'd still like to beat it sometime, I'm in the final dungeon but I kind of raced through the story so my team is pretty underpowered.

I look young too, although I tend not to get carded for games, for alcohol I tend to get carded though (I think it is mostly my size, since I'm not short, but I'm fairly small).

In regards to Diablo III, I'm still uncertain, it already sounds like there are a lot of extreme DRM features going in so I'm a bit weary of the game, I'll still probably get it though.

[quote name='panzerfaust']There's a few good pieces in the X-2 soundtrack. But we can post that in the VG music thread.[/QUOTE]

See? That thread is totally coming in handy.

[quote name='panzerfaust']And played better than most JRPGs at the same time.[/QUOTE]

It certainly played better than X.

[quote name='Rodimus']I still look young. People think I'm too young for having a baby, but then I tell them I'll be 30 in a few months and they're like "Whaaaaa...?"[/QUOTE]

That's the reaction I get when the ladies ask my age.

They all think I'm like 23 when I'm actually 30.

Feels good, man.

You'd think the huge beard and long hair would clue them in. This shit takes time to grow.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']That's the reaction I get when the ladies ask my age.

They all think I'm like 23 when I'm actually 30.

Feels good, man.

You'd think the huge beard and long hair would clue them in. This shit takes time to grow.[/QUOTE]

I'm 22 and once someone though I was 30 :cry:

[quote name='panzerfaust']Alright, topics of discussion:

Borderlands 2
White Knight Chronicles 2 (apparently comes out this month? 0_o)
Dark Souls[/QUOTE]

I have 2 of these games pre-ordered and will likely preorder the third whenever it's available.

I don't really think WKC2 is coming out this month. It was announced as being released during the summer, but the company hasn't actually given a real release date as far as I can remember.

Crap I hope I'm not the oldest one in here. I have a feeling javery is older than me...he plays RPGs right?

Edit: On topic, I ended up getting 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors today so Radiant Historia will have to wait a bit longer.

[quote name='Backlash']Crap I hope I'm not the oldest one in here. I have a feeling javery is older than me...he plays RPGs right?

Edit: On topic, I ended up getting 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors today so Radiant Historia will have to wait a bit longer.[/QUOTE]

I'm 23, am I older than you?!

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']Hey guys, since we are talking about being the oldest one here, I bet I know who the youngest person is

Me
[/QUOTE]

I think everyone could of guessed

[quote name='Rodimus']I hope you young whipper snappers know I started the first RPG Thread. Probably before some of you were born.[/QUOTE]

I'll have you know that I created the first VG Music Thread not five hours ago.

come-at-me-bro-rugrats.jpg

Alright enough age talk. I'm older then all of you, including the 30 and soon to be 30's. (hopefully Eldergamer shows up and lives up to his name). Back to RPGs!

Fine...let's go back to RPGs ;)

I'm probably going to go back into Sakura Wars, I was in the middle of the game and just want to complete, game reminds me of Catherine, where it is a bunch of talking and "make your own choice" dialogue, and then you have your battle sequences

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I'm probably going to go back into Sakura Wars, I was in the middle of the game and just want to complete, game reminds me of Catherine, where it is a bunch of talking and "make your own choice" dialogue, and then you have your battle sequences[/QUOTE]

You say that like it is a bad thing.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']You say that like it is a bad thing.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to say it like it was a bad thing, I actually enjoyed it alot, but after playing this and Catherine, both titles feel similar to me

So basically there's some story bits and then some gameplay bits and then back to the story bits and so on? Reminds me of a couple of other games.. ;)

I mean it is like a bunch of other games, but Sakura Wars just strikes as being similar with me because of it's anime cutscenes, having to spend a load of time talking, not really having any freedom when exploring, and the choices you say to your friends affect the gameplay in someway (You level people up by talking to them and befriending them)...

wait this sounds too much like Persona.

Why can't the PS3 be a little easier to take somewhere? My PS2 and Wii are easy, but going out of town and wanting to play PS3 sucks. I want to play my Nier!

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Alright enough age talk. I'm older then all of you, including the 30 and soon to be 30's. (hopefully Eldergamer shows up and lives up to his name).[/QUOTE]
Hmm, so if I'm reading this right, you're around my age, then? :whistle2:k

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I mean it is like a bunch of other games, but Sakura Wars just strikes as being similar with me because of it's anime cutscenes, having to spend a load of time talking, not really having any freedom when exploring, and the choices you say to your friends affect the gameplay in someway (You level people up by talking to them and befriending them)...[/QUOTE]
I thought it was common knowledge by now that Sakura Wars is part dating sim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back