RPG Thread XVI Supports Project Eternity's Kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Indignate']You can probably just throw that away.[/QUOTE]

Being so close to the end, I should finish it. But, I wasn't all that impressed by it. Bad acting, mostly sucky characters. Story was decent, but it was hard for me to care.

[quote name='Luxuria']FF X wasn't that bad. Voice acting aside, the story was decent, and so were the characters. FF X-2 on the otherhand.....[/quote]

As others have said, I've heard good things about the combat system, but not really in a hurry to start it.

Out of those games, you should play Rogue Galaxy next IMO.

Probably next on my list. I actually got a decent way in before I stopped. (I'm in the prison right now.) I liked what I did play.

[quote name='Indignate']You can pick up one of those on the cheap too.[/QUOTE]
But then my backlog would grow exponentially, what with all the other JRPGs on there @_@

[quote name='Indignate']Was a much better game.

Okay, maybe not much better, but the combat was definitely on top.[/QUOTE]
It's a happier (in a good way) game, too. Plus it has Sphere Break.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Probably next on my list. I actually got a decent way in before I stopped. (I'm in the prison right now.) I liked what I did play.[/QUOTE]

I remember there being a part in that game where one of the characters from the very underdeveloped planet tells another character that they sound like a broken record.

Shouldn't have even known what a record was. Immersion shattered.

[quote name='blueshinra']But then my backlog would grow exponentially, what with all the other JRPGs on there @_@[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[quote name='blueshinra']It's a happier (in a good way) game, too. Plus it has Sphere Break.[/QUOTE]

I'm not too hot on Sphere Break, but if there's anything I'll give to FFX is that it has Blitzball, the best minigame to ever come out of a FF.

Picked up FF XIII-2 on the cheap and have about 10 hours into it. As someone who hated XIII I'm surprised to say I'm really enjoying it!

[quote name='Indignate']I'm not too hot on Sphere Break, but if there's anything I'll give to FFX is that it has Blitzball, the best minigame to ever come out of a FF.[/QUOTE]

Blitzball sucks. I was never able to win a match, so I gave up on it.

[quote name='panzerfaust']X is so good, been itching to replay it but will wait for the HD version. Hope they do the same for XII.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm waiting for the HD version as well, since it's my favorite game and all. The voice acting was the worst part of the game, but I still listen to the soundtrack every day, and I miss the Sphere Grid when I play other Final Fantasy games. X-2 was pretty bad, but I enjoyed it for what it was. Loved Paine and the Music.

Some of those are kinda lame, but I fucking loved the Shard Vigil and Corrupted Blood. Not covered in the Cracked articles, but the history of the Goonswarm Vs Band of Brothers in EVE Online is fucking fascinating, even for a non-EVE player like myself.

Gamasutra also had a really good article on Ultima Online the other day. One of the developers was reminiscing about a bunch of griefers who blocked off the main exit to a city by building a massive pile of furniture to clog up the gateway, and creating a gauntlet of high-level PKers at the only other exit. It was only cleared up when the devs released a patch allowing players to destroy furniture with axes.

Working through Dragon Quest VI again. Am stuck at the first dungeon after you can dive. It's a long one and I don't think my characters are leveled enough. There's some tough enemies in there too.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Blitzball sucks. I was never able to win a match, so I gave up on it.[/QUOTE]

Well actually Blitzball was just really broken at first it's really hard to win matches since your team sucks then as you approach the end of the game you can buy some of the best players and then just stomp all over the other teams, although one of them has an insane goal tender (Al Bhed I think) who can even block point blank jecht shots. Outside of that it's basically just learning to take advantage of the really stupid defense the AI runs to make them leave huge gaps open which isn't hard if you basically steer their entire team to one side. Honestly the worst thing about Blitzball is after you get an insane team you still end up having to play a ton of matches which are super easy but the matches aren't that short, so it's this snore fest of you just doing the same thing over and over until you've won as many matches as you want.

--

On a totally unrelated note. Although not exactly an RPG (although Steam classified it as one so I guess it counts?) I highly recommend checking out To the Moon, the story is fantastic (the soundtrack is really nice too). I just finished it straight through without stopping and I seriously can't stop thinking about it.

[quote name='icebeast'] Outside of that it's basically just learning to take advantage of the really stupid defense the AI runs to make them leave huge gaps open which isn't hard if you basically steer their entire team to one side. Honestly the worst thing about Blitzball is after you get an insane team you still end up having to play a ton of matches which are super easy but the matches aren't that short, so it's this snore fest of you just doing the same thing over and over until you've won as many matches as you want.[/QUOTE]

I feel like everything you said here applies to the actual combat in the game as well.

[quote name='icebeast']On a totally unrelated note. Although not exactly an RPG (although Steam classified it as one so I guess it counts?) I highly recommend checking out To the Moon, the story is fantastic (the soundtrack is really nice too). I just finished it straight through without stopping and I seriously can't stop thinking about it.[/QUOTE]

I would have liked to have gotten it with the bundle it was in, but I have this problem of no job right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back