RPG Thread XX has over 100 hours of gameplay

That's true, I really didn't think of that. Will probably just pick up the collection if it goes on sale this Black Friday. I heard a lot of good things about Shadowbringers.
I don't think FF14 has had any significant discounts on black friday. Most of its deep sales happen randomly throughout the year though it is a fanfest year so it very likely could end up with a new bundled pack going up to include Shadowbringers since the expansion will be announced around the same time.

Shadowbringers might as well just be its own FF game considering just how well done the story was thanks to it being written by Natsuko Ishikawa (She wrote the Dark Knight quest lines in Heavensward). To be honest it was the best FF I've played since 12. As a bonus since you're waiting you have the benefit of joining the game after a major patch coming up this summer that is going to streamline the 2.0/ARR quest lines to prune a lot of the useless back and forth and pointless quests that do nothing for the story since it was a major slog to get through for most new players. Not only that but flying is being introduced for the ARR zones too so there's a lot of QoL that will make it more bearable.

After over 100+ hours, I've finally beaten Trails of Cold Steel 3. That cliffhanger ending was just horrible. Really great game though, and I'm glad there's only a couple of months left until ToCS IV is out (already pre-ordered the LE for IV!!), because I'm hooked on this series. If Falcom ever ports some of their older games like Trails in the Sky or the Zero/Ao games to modern consoles, I'd be in heaven. It is one of the best turn-based JRPG series of modern times, with such a deep story and huge cast of characters. I seriously can't get enough. 

playing Shadow Hearts on PCSX2 this shit is absurd lol

shadow-hearts-wolf-battle.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Demon's Souls is a great time so far, probably the sound effects more than anything are what is standing out. And I'm actually preferring the Cinematic Mode at 30 fps, it's really stable. My only gripe is I think they lost the Maiden in Black's cute factor  :cry:

ogGJXir.jpeg

I'ma Phoenix Down this thread. Who else is down for some RPG discussion?

Finally beat FF7 Remake Intergrade content. That Fort Condor mini-game could have been better, but the rest of it was alright. Kinda cool how they worked in some Dirge of Cerebus stuff, but I wonder if it'll go anywhere. I am hyped for Rebirth tho.

Gonna start up Ys VIII now, finally. Its been in the backlog, and I haven't played an Ys game since the SNES days. I hear nuthin but good from 8.

bread's done
Back